HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

borderline prospects

Closed Thread

Old
10-07-2004, 01:51 AM
Prucha73

vCash: 500
borderline prospects

Can anyone who saw any of these players compare and contrast them?

Cuthbert, Ryan
Lawson, Lucas
Cullen, Brandon
Cooper, Kevin
Tallari, Joe
Henrich, Michael

If we only have 1 spot, which one of these would you want to make the team and why?

Old
10-07-2004, 03:52 AM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prucha73
Can anyone who saw any of these players compare and contrast them?

Cuthbert, Ryan
Lawson, Lucas
Cullen, Brandon
Cooper, Kevin
Tallari, Joe
Henrich, Michael

If we only have 1 spot, which one of these would you want to make the team and why?
Well I hope we sign Michael Henrich. He is a LW and has good size and was drafted high but never got a good chance. Maybe on the Rangers and the lack of LW, he can thrive and make an impact. I know he has a good attitude and staying positve which is nice to hear from the interview he has had on the Edmonton Page.

Old
10-07-2004, 07:35 AM
Fish

Cuthbert I've only see play a couple of times for Charlotte. He's probably a borderline AHLer at this point, showing some offensive ability with the puck but perhaps not quite fast enough, smart enough for the higher league just yet.

On Lawson, I was really not impressed with what I've seen of him to date though he does seem to be having a great camp. Was supposed to be a defensive minded forward coming out of Maine, but really wasn't strong enough and he wasn't bringing much in the way of offense.

Brandon Cullen's an energy type player who has struggled through injuries since being signed as a FA out of Erie. If he was healthier he'd probably have a shot at the AHL roster, and he'd be a crowd favorite when he got there. He's not afraid to use the body or drop the gloves and he tends to get those garbage type goals...hard worker.

The others I haven't seen unfortunately...

Old
10-07-2004, 08:31 AM
Kubera55

I've seen Cuthbert play a few times in Hartford. I tend to agree with Fish, he definitely isn't the most talented of guys.

But he's quick and fiesty, and doesn't make a lot of mistakes, and is still young. He's definitely got heart.... but I think Ryan Hollweg is going to take his spot.

Lawson is pretty useless IMHO, and I can't remember Cullen doing anything particularly interesting.

Old
10-07-2004, 10:21 AM
Larry Melnyk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kubera55

But he's quick and fiesty, and doesn't make a lot of mistakes, and is still young. He's definitely got heart.... but I think Ryan Hollweg is going to take his spot.

Lawson is pretty useless IMHO, and I can't remember Cullen doing anything particularly interesting.
Actually, if Garth Murray has a broken thumb, I think Hollweg will take Murray's spot...And, personally, if both are 100% healthy, I think Hollweg may be straight up better then Murray...Not that any of this matters for a league and Ranger prospects that are going to pull a Keyser Sozee (sp?) in 12-18 months..

Old
10-07-2004, 03:22 PM
Anthony Mauro
DraftBuzz Hockey

I'd want Cuthbert to make the team. He's got heart, grit and is tenacious. Guys that play like that should have a spot on any team.

Old
10-07-2004, 04:56 PM
Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balej's Dance
I'd want Cuthbert to make the team. He's got heart, grit and is tenacious. Guys that play like that should have a spot on any team.
I've got heart, grit and tenacity...should be on the team? Okay sorry about the sarcasm, but what Cuthbert also needs is talent to play at the AHL level, in my opinion he's one of those borderline guys who is going to be one of the better players in the ECHL, but has not yet proven he can produce at the AHL level.

I'd also add, that I don't consider him gritty really so much as hard working...Cullen is gritty with a capital G.

Old
10-07-2004, 05:33 PM
Anthony Mauro
DraftBuzz Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish
I've got heart, grit and tenacity...should be on the team? Okay sorry about the sarcasm, but what Cuthbert also needs is talent to play at the AHL level, in my opinion he's one of those borderline guys who is going to be one of the better players in the ECHL, but has not yet proven he can produce at the AHL level.

I'd also add, that I don't consider him gritty really so much as hard working...Cullen is gritty with a capital G.
Lol, why yes you should. Those adjectives were my ways of saying that the guy'll bust his ass and work hard to stay in the AHL and get better. Its more of just thinking his type of style wont back down and wont be content with just being there ala someone idk right now, ha.

Old
10-07-2004, 07:45 PM
Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balej's Dance
Lol, why yes you should. Those adjectives were my ways of saying that the guy'll bust his ass and work hard to stay in the AHL and get better. Its more of just thinking his type of style wont back down and wont be content with just being there ala someone idk right now, ha.
Then I think we can agree...as an aside, I pretend to play goal from time to time and I think I'd probably have a hard time cracking the line-up with all these prospects in front of me

Closed Thread