HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

HF Fantasy Draft 2004! - 22 in - just need 2 more!

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-01-2004, 03:55 AM
  #1
YKOil
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 1,232
vCash: 500
HF Fantasy Draft 2004! - 23 in - 1 more (which may be jumptheshark/rabi-sultan)!

Okay, here is how it works:

-- 24 teams

-- everyone on the following list please respond in the affirmative that you are in - you can respond to this thread, PM via HF's or e-mail me at jaysen@compusmart.ab.ca

-- when you confirm please submit a number between 1 and 99 (I will split ties with a coin flip), the NHL team you represent (the Jets and Nordiques et al are acceptable) AND THE NAMES OF 10 PLAYERS AND THE NAMES OF 10 PROSPECTS

-- it is extremely important that you put the names in order of preference as I will jumpstart the drafting with auto picks from the lists provided

---- i.e. if your team HAS to start with a strong center then submit your best 10 centers, in order, if you draft in the first 10 spots then you get your guy

---- I suggest that if you are the secretive type you e-mail or PM me your list

-- after everyone has submitted their confirmation, their number and the names I will get db to run the random number generator

----the number equal to OR the next highest number picked to the number rolled is where the draft starts

---- i.e. if drafters A / B / C / D picked numbers 14 / 66 / 21 / 98 respectively and a 23 was rolled then B would be be drafting first

---- the draft will then proceed in order and loop on itself (if using the example above it would be, in order, B / D / A / C)

---- the prospect draft will work in the reverse (again, if using the example above it would be C / A / D / B)

-- After the first round of auto-drafts (as far as that takes us) we will draft in order as I will post whose turn is up

-- I will also update all picks, etc as often as possible

-- If any drafter cannot continue then their team will be assigned to either someone they choose or to the alternate group listed (consisting of kruezer for the moment)

-----------------------------

Since I am starting the thread I will pick my team first: CALIFORNIA GOLDEN SEALS
Number: 55
(and since I don't mind making my picks known)
Starting players: 1. D Heatley / 2. R Luongo / 3. J Bouwmeester / 4. B Richards / 5. V Lecavalier / 6. J Spezza / 7. M Kiprusoff / 8. J. Thornton / 9. I Kovalchuk / 10. J Iginla
Starting prospects: 1. A Ovechkin / 2. D Phaneuf / 3. N Zherdev / 4. F Tjutin / 5. K Lehtonen / 6. E Malkin / 7. MA Fleury / 8. N Horton / 9. C Colaiacovo / 10. Z Parise

-----------------------------
Our list of drafting fools is as follows:

02 . MUNICH MASHERS . Oilers All the Way
08 . LEBANON DONS . mowzie
09 . OKLAHOMA CITY BLAZERS . Oiler4ever
10 . WINNIPEG JETS . Obsessed
12 . VICTORIA COUGARS . Jamie
17 . PHOENIX YOTE DOGS . kruezer
19 . CALGARY TRASHTALKERS . Fincan
26 . NANAIMO ORCA . VanIslander
27 . KENSINGTON VIPERS . hossy316
32 . NORTH BAY CENTENNIALS . H-Bear (e-mail had #32)
38 . PALM SPRINGS SELECTS . Hemsky83Schremp44
39 . LAS VEGAS CREEPERS . Oilercreeper
44 . HARTFORD WHALERS . misfit
45 . MILLWODS CYCLONES . neogeo69
50 . KENORA KNIGHTS . George Bachul
51 . TEAM CANADA . Cujo_31
55 . CALIFORNIA GOLDEN SEALS . YKOil
66 . MONCTON HAWKS . bobcat
69 . EDMONTON BOOZEHOUNDS . Boozers
79 . MOSCOW MIGS . thome_26
83 . EDMONTON OILERS . MrMackey
97 . PARIS 69'ers . Outkast ---- OutKast - problems with your list - check your PM
98 . BRAMPTON BULLDOGS . dawgbone


dynastydays
kingdip50
quick


-----------------------------------------

db will have to fill us in on any salary cap that may or may not exist in the FHL


YKOil


Last edited by YKOil: 10-18-2004 at 03:42 PM.
YKOil is offline  
Old
10-01-2004, 08:59 AM
  #2
hossy316
Registered User
 
hossy316's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Kensington, PEI
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,225
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to hossy316
Kensington Vipers
# 27

Players:

1. Rick Nash
2. Ilya Kovalchuk
3. Dany Heatley
4. Joe Thornton
5. Jarome Iginla
6. Roberto Luongo
7. Sergei Gonchar
8. Jason Spezza
9. Vincent Lecavalier
10. Marian Hossa

Prospects:

1. Alexander Ovechkin
2. Marc-Andre Fleury
3. Dion Phaneuf
4. Nikolai Zherdev
5. Evgeni Malkin
6. Braydon Coburn
7. Kari Lehtonen
8. Cam Barker
9. Milan Michalek
10. Jeff Woywitka

hossy316 is offline  
Old
10-01-2004, 10:25 AM
  #3
misfit
Moderator
 
misfit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: just north of...everything
Posts: 15,577
vCash: 50
PM sent

misfit is offline  
Old
10-01-2004, 10:26 AM
  #4
H-Bear
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: North Bay ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,503
vCash: 500
E-mail sent.

H-Bear is offline  
Old
10-01-2004, 10:52 AM
  #5
bobcat
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 28
vCash: 500
Moncton Hawksundefined

#66

1# Joe Thorton
2# Roberto Luongo
3# Rick Nash
4# Jarome Iginla
5# Bouwmeester, Jay
6# Jose Theodore
7# Jason Spezza
8# Kovalchuk, Ilya
9# Marion Gaborik
10# Brad Richards

Prospects

1# Dion Phaneuf
2# Ovechin
3# Nathan Horton
4# Jeff Carter
5# Kari Lehtonen
6# Anthony Stewart
7# Braydon Coburn
8# Ari Ahonen
9# Andrew Ladd
10#Cam Barker

bobcat is offline  
Old
10-01-2004, 10:58 AM
  #6
thome_26
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,860
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to thome_26
MOSCOW MIGS

Before I post my lists though, I have a question. How will we be doing contracts? Will the league simply use ones already in use in the NHL? Or what will be the situation there?

__________________
http://hfboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=160 - the Unofficial HF Political board
thome_26 is offline  
Old
10-01-2004, 11:02 AM
  #7
dawgbone
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 21,104
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to dawgbone Send a message via MSN to dawgbone
Quote:
Originally Posted by thome_26
MOSCOW MIGS

Before I post my lists though, I have a question. How will we be doing contracts? Will the league simply use ones already in use in the NHL? Or what will be the situation there?
We don't have anyone who wants to be the player agent. For now, whatever their salary is in the league files I get, will be the ones we will use.

__________________
TheSpecialist - MacT thinks he was that good of a hockey player when in actuality he was no better then a Louie Debrusk.
dawgbone is offline  
Old
10-01-2004, 11:03 AM
  #8
dawgbone
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 21,104
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to dawgbone Send a message via MSN to dawgbone
Guys... hold up posting this stuff for a minute... I sent YKOIL a pm that may clear up some things and make things a little easier.

dawgbone is offline  
Old
10-01-2004, 03:58 PM
  #9
dawgbone
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 21,104
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to dawgbone Send a message via MSN to dawgbone
Keep going as you were...

even if you don't want to make your lists public, make your number and your team name public so we can all see!

Team: Brampton Bulldogs

#98

dawgbone is offline  
Old
10-01-2004, 03:59 PM
  #10
YKOil
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 1,232
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by thome_26
MOSCOW MIGS

Before I post my lists though, I have a question. How will we be doing contracts? Will the league simply use ones already in use in the NHL? Or what will be the situation there?

As db said - also - remember to send me a number between 1 and 99.


YKOil

YKOil is offline  
Old
10-01-2004, 04:22 PM
  #11
misfit
Moderator
 
misfit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: just north of...everything
Posts: 15,577
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by misfit
PM sent
Oh yeah.

Hartford Whalers, #44

misfit is offline  
Old
10-01-2004, 04:23 PM
  #12
H-Bear
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: North Bay ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,503
vCash: 500
North Bay Centennials - #I FORGET ... I think #37.

H-Bear is offline  
Old
10-01-2004, 05:06 PM
  #13
MrMackey
Registered User
 
MrMackey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: cgy
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,061
vCash: 500
Um. Edmonton Oilers, #83.

If the Oilers are not available, then I'll take the EDM Oil Kings, EDM Road Runners, TB Lightning or Ottawa Sens.

Also, is there a link to how this league will be scored... or is this a draft to test our GM skills?

MrMackey is offline  
Old
10-01-2004, 05:36 PM
  #14
LoudmouthHemskyFan#2
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 1,592
vCash: 500
Palm Springs Selects

#38

LoudmouthHemskyFan#2 is offline  
Old
10-01-2004, 05:59 PM
  #15
thome_26
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,860
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to thome_26
MIGS

1. Kovalchuk
2. Thornton
3. Richards
4. Hossa
5. Lecavalier
6. Heatley
7. Spezza
9. Ruutu(he a player or prospect here?)
10.Luongo
11.Iginla (incase of Ruutu N/A)

1.Lehtonen
2.Ovechkin
3.Ruutu?(prospect?)
4.Zherdev
5.Malkin
6.Fleury
7.Phaneuf
8.Barker
9.Tukonen
10.Ladd
11.Schremp (in case of Ruutu N/A for this list - and ya, I'm a homer )

Edit: 79

thome_26 is offline  
Old
10-01-2004, 06:04 PM
  #16
Master Lok
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Edmonton
Posts: 6,670
vCash: 500
Thanks YK OIL for doing this.

I'm neogeo69.

Team Name - Millwoods Cyclones (its a soccer name - if that's not allowed how about Sunwapta Wapiti?

If it has to be NHL - Quebec Nordiques

Pick Number - 45.

Master Lok is offline  
Old
10-01-2004, 11:21 PM
  #17
dawgbone
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 21,104
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to dawgbone Send a message via MSN to dawgbone
They don't have to be NHL teams... they can be anything you want, as long as it isn't vulger, and it resides on the planet earth.

dawgbone is offline  
Old
10-02-2004, 12:22 AM
  #18
Obsessed
Registered User
 
Obsessed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Devon, AB
Posts: 907
vCash: 500
The Winnipeg Jets

#10

The Winnipeg Jets

Obsessed is offline  
Old
10-02-2004, 01:53 AM
  #19
Cujo_31
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Canada
Posts: 688
vCash: 500
#51
Team Name:Team Canada
alternates: Hockey Warriors or MillWoods Warriors

1. Jarome Iginla
2. Vincent Lecavalier
3. Brad Richards
4. Rick Nash
5. Dany Heatley
6. Jay Bouwmeester
7. Alex Tanguay
8. Roberto Luongo
9. Jason Spezza
10. Ryan Smyth


1 Cam Barker
2 Alexander Ovechkin
3 Robbie SChremp
4 Evyegni Malkin
5 Dion Phaneuf
6 Braydon Coburn
7 Kari Lehotnen
8 Marc-Andre Fleury
9 Shawn Belle (he went to my high school when he was in gr. 10, I was in gr. 11)
10 Nathan Horton


*edit cause of my new team name.*


Last edited by Cujo_31: 10-16-2004 at 12:20 AM.
Cujo_31 is offline  
Old
10-02-2004, 07:44 PM
  #20
YKOil
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 1,232
vCash: 500
Hey guys, just bumping the thread and hopeing that Mowzie and others get their teams in.

Some of you have asked about team names. I personally like real or historical names with a place name and some authentic team name (Whalers, Jets, Oilers, etc). That said - if you have to have another name I am fine with it. I am running the draft and not the league.

db may have a different position on the matter and since he is the one running it (the league) I would have no issues changing my team name.

Another poster mentioned the goal of the league. I can't answer that directly. I know it is mainly an exercise in having fun. My own viewpoint is that I want to build the best, most balanced team I can. Even if my playing seasons sucked I'll be happy if I think I did a good job drafting.


YKOil

YKOil is offline  
Old
10-02-2004, 07:59 PM
  #21
dawgbone
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 21,104
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to dawgbone Send a message via MSN to dawgbone
Hey guys...

I had to email FHL for my reg code... I couldn't find it. On monday I will re-install it, and provide a link to the rosters and that.

Still waiting to see if anyone wants to do the league site... if there are no takers that's fine, but I'd rather not do it... I do enough web stuff as it is

With regards to team names, I think personal preference is fine. If you want to be The Edmonton Oilers, or the Hartford Whalers... that's cool. If you want the Sherwood Park Saints, hey, whatever floats your boat. I'm not about to worry about what you want to call your team, just let me know what you are choosing.

dawgbone is offline  
Old
10-02-2004, 08:51 PM
  #22
Slats432
Registered User
 
Slats432's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,460
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dawgbone
Hey guys...

I had to email FHL for my reg code... I couldn't find it. On monday I will re-install it, and provide a link to the rosters and that.

Still waiting to see if anyone wants to do the league site... if there are no takers that's fine, but I'd rather not do it... I do enough web stuff as it is

With regards to team names, I think personal preference is fine. If you want to be The Edmonton Oilers, or the Hartford Whalers... that's cool. If you want the Sherwood Park Saints, hey, whatever floats your boat. I'm not about to worry about what you want to call your team, just let me know what you are choosing.
Sherwood Park Crusaders....Spruce Grove Saints...

Slats432 is offline  
Old
10-02-2004, 09:22 PM
  #23
tylerr
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Alberta
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,019
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to tylerr
Sorry but I have to resign, I have no clue whats going on. lol my bad. good while it lasted!

tylerr is offline  
Old
10-02-2004, 10:46 PM
  #24
windowlicker
Registered User
 
windowlicker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Murky Wisconsin
Country: United States
Posts: 2,181
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by YKOil
Okay, here is how it works:

-- 24 teams

-- everyone on the following list please respond in the affirmative that you are in - you can respond to this thread, PM via HF's or e-mail me at jaysen@compusmart.ab.ca

-- when you confirm please submit a number between 1 and 99 (I will split ties with a coin flip), the NHL team you represent (the Jets and Nordiques et al are acceptable) AND THE NAMES OF 10 PLAYERS AND THE NAMES OF 10 PROSPECTS

-- it is extremely important that you put the names in order of preference as I will jumpstart the drafting with auto picks from the lists provided

---- i.e. if your team HAS to start with a strong center then submit your best 10 centers, in order, if you draft in the first 10 spots then you get your guy

---- I suggest that if you are the secretive type you e-mail or PM me your list

-- after everyone has submitted their confirmation, their number and the names I will get db to run the random number generator

----the number equal to OR the next highest number picked to the number rolled is where the draft starts

---- i.e. if drafters A / B / C / D picked numbers 14 / 66 / 21 / 98 respectively and a 23 was rolled then B would be be drafting first

---- the draft will then proceed in order and loop on itself (if using the example above it would be, in order, B / D / A / C)

---- the prospect draft will work in the reverse (again, if using the example above it would be C / A / D / B)

-- After the first round of auto-drafts (as far as that takes us) we will draft in order as I will post whose turn is up

-- I will also update all picks, etc as often as possible

-- If any drafter cannot continue then their team will be assigned to either someone they choose or to the alternate group listed (consisting of kruezer for the moment)

-----------------------------

Since I am starting the thread I will pick my team first: CALIFORNIA GOLDEN SEALS
Number: 55
(and since I don't mind making my picks known)
Starting players: 1. D Heatley / 2. R Luongo / 3. J Bouwmeester / 4. B Richards / 5. V Lecavalier / 6. J Spezza / 7. M Kiprusoff / 8. J. Thornton / 9. I Kovalchuk / 10. J Iginla
Starting prospects: 1. A Ovechkin / 2. D Phaneuf / 3. N Zherdev / 4. F Tjutin / 5. K Lehtonen / 6. E Malkin / 7. MA Fleury / 8. N Horton / 9. C Colaiacovo / 10. Z Parise

-----------------------------
Our list of drafting fools is as follows:

10 . WINNIPEG JETS . Obsessed
27 . KENSINGTON VIPERS . hossy316
32 . NORTH BAY CENTENINIALS . H-Bear (had 32 in the e-mail and 37 on the thread - going with 32)
38 . PALM SPRINGS SELECTS . Hemsky83Schremp44
44 . HARTFORD WHALERS . misfit
45 . MILLWODS CYCLONES . neogeo69
50 . KENORA KNIGHTS . George Bachul
51 . TEAM CANADA . Cujo_31
55 . CALIFORNIA GOLDEN SEALS . YKOil
66 . MONCTON HAWKS . bobcat
79 . MOSCOW MIGS . thome_26
83 . EDMONTON OILERS . MrMackey
98 . BRAMPTON BULLDOGS . dawgbone
Boozers ............. confirmed in but need list and number and team name
dynastydays
Oiler4ever
mowzie
kingdip50
outkast
Bergeron47
quick
windowlicker
tylerr
Oilercreeper


First Alternate: kruezer

-----------------------------------------

db will have to fill us in on any salary cap that may or may not exist in the FHL


YKOil

Due to recent personal obligations, I must regrettably resign from this draft at this time.

windowlicker is offline  
Old
10-02-2004, 11:24 PM
  #25
Obsessed
Registered User
 
Obsessed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Devon, AB
Posts: 907
vCash: 500
Uhoh. This is looking like the HF version of the WHA.

Obsessed is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:13 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.