HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Notices

Mediocrity not Meritocracy

Old
12-29-2011, 08:08 PM
WoratCase*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotpaws View Post
A one year extension isn't understandable . Either Burke has faith in his coach or he doesn't . If he does then give him a longer extension , if he doesn't then fire him , if he's unsure then wait until the season is over .

I do agree with your knocks against him , especially the hate his face part .

As for your question . I believe a team can perfom better than the sum of it's part . I believe the best coach's can get more out of there team than what's expected . I want Wilson replaced because he's had 3 plus years to get team to perform and has failed .
I understand your points but I just don't think it's that big of a deal. The fact is, everyone knew that Wilson would not be fired unless the team really stunk to start the year. It's very clear to most that Burke was going to give him a chance to make the playoffs.

I know a lot of people want the Leafs to miss the playoffs just so Wilson gets fired but I rather have him worrying about the team and not whether or not he will be extended. It's not my money so I don't care.

I will start to have a problem if the Leafs miss the playoffs and Wilson doesn't get fired.

Unfortunately it's a lose/lose situation. Leafs make the playoffs, Wilson stays. Leafs don't make the playoffs, Wilson goes.

One more thing. While I think a different coach may get this team to over-achieve, how can you really rip a coach whose team is playing exactly how you expect them and in a playoff spot?

WoratCase* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2011, 08:41 PM
hotpaws

vCash: 1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by WoratCase View Post
I understand your points but I just don't think it's that big of a deal. The fact is, everyone knew that Wilson would not be fired unless the team really stunk to start the year. It's very clear to most that Burke was going to give him a chance to make the playoffs.

I know a lot of people want the Leafs to miss the playoffs just so Wilson gets fired but I rather have him worrying about the team and not whether or not he will be extended. It's not my money so I don't care.

I will start to have a problem if the Leafs miss the playoffs and Wilson doesn't get fired.

Unfortunately it's a lose/lose situation. Leafs make the playoffs, Wilson stays. Leafs don't make the playoffs, Wilson goes.

One more thing. While I think a different coach may get this team to over-achieve, how can you really rip a coach whose team is playing exactly how you expect them and in a playoff spot?
It's not about ripping the coach . With all the talk about ridding the team of blue and white disease and a sense of entitlement , not to mention the meritocracy BS . The question remains , what does it take to have Wilson held accountable .

I don't buy this lame duck argument or that he may be concerned about his future because after all these years in the league he should be set financially and be able to handle the pressures that go along with the job . The pressure to win or get fired isn't lessened , so the only benfit is that if does get canned is he gets a 7 figure handshake . I wish all of us could be so lucky .

Last edited by hotpaws: 12-29-2011 at 11:43 PM.
hotpaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2011, 09:38 PM
number72

Seems like since Wilson got his extension he is just coasting.
Did you see Muller pull the team over during the PK and gave them a play to execute.
And then the canes executed.

When is the last time Ron W has done that? He is not an active or effective coach intra-game.

number72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2011, 09:50 PM
Epictetus
Global Moderator
Create yourself.

vCash: 4200
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newfie John View Post
There is no such thing as an argument without bias.
What...

Epictetus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2011, 11:37 PM
Dreakmur

Quote:
Originally Posted by WoratCase View Post
I'm guessing your delusions had the Leafs running away with the conference.
Actually, I had them fighting for a play-off spot.

With the multiple career seasons being put forth by different players, the Leafs should be comfortably in th play-offs right now. The players are overachieving right now, but the systems are letting them down big time,

Dreakmur is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2011, 12:35 AM
WoratCase*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreakmur View Post
Actually, I had them fighting for a play-off spot.

With the multiple career seasons being put forth by different players, the Leafs should be comfortably in th play-offs right now. The players are overachieving right now, but the systems are letting them down big time,
I can understand you wanting Wilson fired but the team is right where you expected them. I think most of the players are under-achieving.

WoratCase* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2011, 05:24 AM
LetzgoEggo

Kulemin is the only underachieving player. Kadri has almost tied him in goals in 4 games (to 37)!

LetzgoEggo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2011, 07:36 AM
James Duthie
Kadri is 3 Hunna

Leafs better start winning, I swear if the Winnipeg Jets make the post season and we fail to, this franchise is a ****ing joke. There is a 3 way tie for spots 6,7,8 and You have the Devils, Jets and Leafs in those spots, right on our tail are the Senators, Sabres, and Washington, there hot on our tail.

James Duthie is offline   Reply With Quote