HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Notices

The Jersey Thread II

Closed Thread

Old
03-03-2012, 08:52 PM
1857 Howitzer
******* Linesman

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBusChill View Post
Does anyone bid on the St. Patty's Day jerseys? I think I am going to go for one this year.
Are they doing it this year? I have not seen anything about them this year.

**edit** Guess they are http://www.bluejacketsfoundation.org...y-Auction.aspx

Last edited by 1857 Howitzer: 03-03-2012 at 08:59 PM.
Old
03-03-2012, 08:59 PM
CBJ Tiffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1857 Howitzer View Post
Are they doing it this year? I have not seen anything about them this year.
Yes.

http://www.bluejacketsfoundation.org...y-Auction.aspx

Old
03-03-2012, 09:06 PM
jag72

Quote:
Anyone else notice that Jack Johnson now has J. Johnson on the back of his jersey. Wonder if the league made them add the J.? I went back and looked at photos from the Avs game and he only had Johnson on his jersey for that game and all games before.
I think that this is the first game that both Johnsons have been playing. Aaron has been scratched the past few games.

Old
03-05-2012, 07:39 PM
SuperGenius
For Duty & Humanity!

vCash: 1138
Old School:

2003-04 Espen Knutsen home set 1, his last home jersey.

Old
03-05-2012, 08:12 PM
IBleedUnionBlue

vCash: 278
Once again, I'm jealous of your pickups. I just wish I had the same contacts you did.

Old
03-05-2012, 09:26 PM
1857 Howitzer
******* Linesman

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBleedUnionBlue View Post
Once again, I'm jealous of your pickups. I just wish I had the same contacts you did.
Just wait until you see the next jersey he posts.

Last edited by 1857 Howitzer: 03-05-2012 at 09:52 PM.
Old
03-05-2012, 09:46 PM
BlueJacket2

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperGenius View Post
Old School:

2003-04 Espen Knutsen home set 1, his last home jersey.

Miss that jersey floating around nationwide.

Old
03-07-2012, 10:57 PM
SuperGenius
For Duty & Humanity!

Quote:
Just wait until you see the next jersey he posts.
lol. kind of bittersweet now though.

hopefully I get it before the season's over.

Old
03-08-2012, 05:54 PM
CBJ Tiffin

Heard on the radio that the team shop is doing free nameplate replacements tonight from Carter to J. Johnson (while supplies last).

Old
03-09-2012, 07:17 AM
FreeBoomer61

yep. traded mine in for a sewn J. Johnson nameplate for free!

better yet, there was a man who worked for the media at the end of the line that was interviewing people that were swapping out their jerseys, and i got mentioned on espn.com!

http://espn.go.com/blog/nhl/post/_/i...me-in-columbus

Old
03-10-2012, 08:19 AM
CBJ Tiffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeBoomer61 View Post

better yet, there was a man who worked for the media at the end of the line that was interviewing people that were swapping out their jerseys, and i got mentioned on espn.com!

How cool is that!!

Old
03-10-2012, 09:59 AM
SuperGenius
For Duty & Humanity!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeBoomer61 View Post

That's awesome. So cool that they did this for fans. you're famous!

Old
03-10-2012, 11:52 PM
SuperGenius
For Duty & Humanity!

Anyone have any interest in the following? PM me if so

2008-09 Syracuse Crunch Grant Clitsome Home White Game Worn $200 OBO

Columbus Junior Jackets White blank - $30
...looks like this:

Columbus Junior Blue Jackets "Lee" game worn $30

pics of the juniors available upon request. the Lee is more or less the 2005-06 style, with different name and number font and the STOP logo on the neck. The other, is more or less just like the old thirds, only white, with the hat logo as the crest.

Old
03-11-2012, 08:51 PM
Iron Balls McGinty

So is anyone one here the woman who was bidding $1,000.00 or more on like 8 different St. Patrick's jerseys?

Old
03-11-2012, 09:00 PM
ZachACA

I saw someone was bidding like $750 for Atkinson's jersey.

Old
03-11-2012, 09:13 PM
Derby
Pilsners in Prague

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZachACA View Post
That would be his dad. Said he was determined to get that.

Old
03-11-2012, 09:22 PM
ZachACA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derby View Post
That's awesome. Methot was already over $500, so my wife and I walked away with frowns...

Old
03-11-2012, 09:47 PM
IBleedUnionBlue

vCash: 278
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Balls McGinty View Post
So is anyone one here the woman who was bidding $1,000.00 or more on like 8 different St. Patrick's jerseys?
She was also determined to win. I heard her say something to the effect that she had over $7000 she was planning to spend. She also had people positioned by each jersey she wanted in the final minute to rebid for her in case she was outbid.

The green jerseys are nice but the price was silly for a jersey worn a total of 20 minutes and in some cases not worn at all. For the price those were going, you could walk down the aisle to the gameworn booth and get a Dorsett or Methot with much more wear and cheaper.

The funniest thing I saw, a woman was sniffing the armpit of Umby 18's jersey.

Old
03-11-2012, 10:03 PM
1857 Howitzer
******* Linesman

Quote:
She was also determined to win. I heard her say something to the effect that she had over $7000 she was planning to spend. She also had people positioned by each jersey she wanted in the final minute to rebid for her in case she was outbid.

The green jerseys are nice but the price was silly for a jersey worn a total of 20 minutes and in some cases not worn at all. For the price those were going, you could walk down the aisle to the gameworn booth and get a Dorsett or Methot with much more wear and cheaper.

Yeah the prices for these type of jerseys is always nuts, but that's what happens in charity auctions.

Old
03-11-2012, 10:06 PM
Iron Balls McGinty

Quote:

That is crazy. I for a brief moment considered going to 500 for the Nikitin jersey since it was for charity and considered the potential tax writeoff. Then I realized it was still a green jersey and I would prefer to drop that kind of dime for an actual game worn of some kind or even find a better use for the money.

Old
03-11-2012, 10:45 PM
SuperGenius
For Duty & Humanity!

I agree that it can get kind of crazy to spend that kind of money on a warmup jersey. I can't believe the Jack Johnson went for $4200. Sheesh. Certainly people get a bit carried away, but I like the support and I suppose for the big donors it's better to make a splash and get a jersey out of it than just writing a check to them.

Despite the relative lameness of these versus actual gamers, I was really determined to win one this year, both for the charity aspect since I didn't go to the black tie party, and because I guess I just wanted an example. I had an O'Brassard once, but it didn't fit and I have a rule about buying jerseys I can't wear so I sold it. I worked out a deal with my better half and we decided to go for one. I had hoped to win the Sanford, and was high bidder until the 2nd intermission when some guy outbid me by $225. At that point I considered my alternates, Dorsett, Mason, Ryan Russell (don't laugh), and some others that were still 'reasonable'. Then I noticed that the Prospal was still lower than I thought it would be, so I put in a bid and hoped that the big fish stayed away from it. Sure enough, one last guy looked at it with less than a minute to go, but didn't bid, so I won it for quite a bit less than other players of his stature on the team. Frankly, I feel like it was a great bang for the buck in the context of these jerseys.

Was it too much compared to what gamers cost? Yeah, sure. I have better jerseys that were cheaper for sure...Voracek's junior, Methot's rookie, Vermette third...but hey, we did it, it went to the foundation and we're cool with that.

Old
03-11-2012, 10:48 PM
SuperGenius
For Duty & Humanity!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZachACA View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derby View Post
That's great. I didn't even notice the name. I came a hair close to sniping it if someone had outbid me on Vinny's. I would have felt terrible about that one!

It was funny that originally, it looked like the bid was $750 and then someone marked it as a 1 instead of a 7, and bids followed. This was on Thursday. When we looked at it today, it was corrected

Old
03-11-2012, 10:58 PM
Mayor Bee
\/me_____you\/

Practice jersey or not, it's still better quality than the Indo-Edge.

Old
03-12-2012, 12:26 AM
Iron Balls McGinty

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperGenius View Post
I agree that it can get kind of crazy to spend that kind of money on a warmup jersey. I can't believe the Jack Johnson went for $4200. Sheesh. Certainly people get a bit carried away, but I like the support and I suppose for the big donors it's better to make a splash and get a jersey out of it than just writing a check to them.

Despite the relative lameness of these versus actual gamers, I was really determined to win one this year, both for the charity aspect since I didn't go to the black tie party, and because I guess I just wanted an example. I had an O'Brassard once, but it didn't fit and I have a rule about buying jerseys I can't wear so I sold it. I worked out a deal with my better half and we decided to go for one. I had hoped to win the Sanford, and was high bidder until the 2nd intermission when some guy outbid me by $225. At that point I considered my alternates, Dorsett, Mason, Ryan Russell (don't laugh), and some others that were still 'reasonable'. Then I noticed that the Prospal was still lower than I thought it would be, so I put in a bid and hoped that the big fish stayed away from it. Sure enough, one last guy looked at it with less than a minute to go, but didn't bid, so I won it for quite a bit less than other players of his stature on the team. Frankly, I feel like it was a great bang for the buck in the context of these jerseys.

Was it too much compared to what gamers cost? Yeah, sure. I have better jerseys that were cheaper for sure...Voracek's junior, Methot's rookie, Vermette third...but hey, we did it, it went to the foundation and we're cool with that.

Nice. I didn't realize MonkeySports was doing the customization. I've been on their website and they are having a sale on the jerseys they have in stock and including free customization on authentics. (no CBJ in stock on the site but they do have replicas in stock and those are one sale too) Seeing their work in person would make me feel better about buying one. I'd been considering an authentic Coyotes 3rd Ray Whitney jersey but haven't pulled the trigger.

Old
03-12-2012, 05:15 AM
CBJ Tiffin

Nice pickup Wooten, as usual!

Closed Thread