HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Notices

The Jersey Thread II

Closed Thread

Old
03-31-2012, 06:07 AM
1857 Howitzer
******* Linesman

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBleedUnionBlue View Post
Congrats to Howitzer whom I believe won a Game Worn tonight.
Yes I did, thank you. Don't know who yet, but will post details when I get them.

03-31-2012, 09:19 AM
IBleedUnionBlue

If anyone has an original 3rd jersey (Koho) that they want to sell, please contact me.

Old
03-31-2012, 09:21 AM
Derby
Pilsners in Prague

Quote:
Congrats to Howitzer whom I believe won a Game Worn tonight.
Congrats Howitzer! I won a team signed jersey in the STH Sweepstakes earlier. Happy to have won mine, but gotta say yours is much better. Glad a "jersey guy" won a game worn.

So, two posters win in the STH so far. Anyone else? Good luck to everyone.

Worst prize on the board is lunch with Rimer and Davidge.

Old
03-31-2012, 10:11 AM
jag72

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derby View Post
Congrats Howitzer! I won a team signed jersey in the STH Sweepstakes earlier. Happy to have won mine, but gotta say yours is much better. Glad a "jersey guy" won a game worn.

So, two posters win in the STH so far. Anyone else? Good luck to everyone.

Worst prize on the board is lunch with Rimer and Davidge.
You guys are lucky. I just won 4 tickets to the Reds game. I guess it is better than nothing.

Old
03-31-2012, 10:18 AM
Derby
Pilsners in Prague

Quote:
Originally Posted by jag72 View Post
You guys are lucky. I just won 4 tickets to the Reds game. I guess it is better than nothing.
Congrats! That makes 3 of the HF Board posters who have won. Anyone else?

Old
03-31-2012, 10:37 AM
DaveCBJ
Boom. Outta here.

I won a game worn away jersey last night!! I am pretty excited - Hope it is a good one!

Has anyone been in touch with you Howitzer?

Old
03-31-2012, 11:33 AM
1857 Howitzer
******* Linesman

No not yet, but I went and talked to guess services and they said my ticket rep would call Monday. The also told me we will get the jerseys at the draft party.

Old
03-31-2012, 11:35 AM
jag72

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1857 Howitzer View Post
No not yet, but I went and talked to guess services and they said my ticket rep would call Monday. The also told me we will get the jerseys at the draft party.
I was told the same things with my tickets that I won. The sad part is the games i am interested in seeing for the Reds is prior to the draft party.

Old
03-31-2012, 11:43 AM
DaveCBJ
Boom. Outta here.

Quote:
That is cool. I am interested to see how they are going to select which jersey goes where...

Old
03-31-2012, 11:48 AM
Derby
Pilsners in Prague

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBusChill View Post
That is cool. I am interested to see how they are going to select which jersey goes where...
Pick names from hat. Totally random is the way to go, as I've been told.

Old
03-31-2012, 11:51 AM
Mayor Bee
\/me_____you\/

Quote:
So by not telling you, they did their job?

Old
03-31-2012, 12:02 PM
1857 Howitzer
******* Linesman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayor Bee View Post
So by not telling you, they did their job?
Sure did.

iPhone auto correct FTMFL.

Old
03-31-2012, 02:26 PM
DaveCBJ
Boom. Outta here.

I am happy with totally random! If you had to pick one jersey, who would it be Howitzer?

Old
03-31-2012, 03:11 PM
1857 Howitzer
******* Linesman

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBusChill View Post
I am happy with totally random! If you had to pick one jersey, who would it be Howitzer?
Well a Nash would be on top of the list, but I would not mind one with an "A" on it since I do not have an edge with an "A". It is funny but for as bad ad this team is I would take most of the guys jerseys.

Last edited by 1857 Howitzer: 03-31-2012 at 03:38 PM.
Old
03-31-2012, 05:02 PM
IBleedUnionBlue

I am really disappointed. Meigray had a Klesla jersey for sale for $375. My wife said I could get it for my birthday which is this week. Meigray took it down and put it up on NHL auctions, where I put a $350 bid on it. But someone bid $435 in the final hour to win it. I really didnt think someone would bid more that what they could have bought it off of Meigray for, but they did. I really wanted that jersey.

Old
03-31-2012, 05:35 PM
DaveCBJ
Boom. Outta here.

Quote:
I am really disappointed. Meigray had a Klesla jersey for sale for $375. My wife said I could get it for my birthday which is this week. Meigray took it down and put it up on NHL auctions, where I put a $350 bid on it. But someone bid $435 in the final hour to win it. I really didnt think someone would bid more that what they could have bought it off of Meigray for, but they did. I really wanted that jersey.
Sorry to hear that.

Old
03-31-2012, 10:41 PM
SuperGenius
For Duty & Humanity!

vCash: 1138
Quote:
I was shaking my head at that one too. The $375 wasn't bad to begin with, then it went to auctions and sat at $275 forever. Hard to understand why it would go for more than the original amount that it sat at for months.

When dealing with Meigray, here's a few things to consider: You can make an offer on anything, but particularly stuff with an * after it. In fact, they recently had a 'sale' where they asked people to make offers on consignments. That's when the Navy Klesla sold. The other thing is, you can put stuff on layaway. 25% or 33% depending on what the final order total is of one or more jerseys. I've utilized this myself a few times.

Congrats to the jersey winners, btw. Julie and I were stoked when the page finally loaded on my phone and I saw Howitzer's name there. We had met with him at the game and were sitting in seats he gave us in 102. I couldn't wait for the period to end so I could talk about it with him.

I'd agree...pretty much anyone would be a good jersey to have even though the season sucked. I suppose the bottom of the list would be Aaron Johnson, but I know most of our significant others probably think he's enough of a cutie to forget he's not that good

Old
03-31-2012, 11:10 PM
IBleedUnionBlue

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperGenius View Post
I was shaking my head at that one too. The $375 wasn't bad to begin with, then it went to auctions and sat at $275 forever. Hard to understand why it would go for more than the original amount that it sat at for months.
Yes, I had the $275 opening bid and my actual top bid was $350. But thanks for the tip on Meigray. Had I known that, I would have made an offer or put it on layaway.

Last edited by IBleedUnionBlue: 03-31-2012 at 11:17 PM.
Old
03-31-2012, 11:42 PM
Iron Balls McGinty

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperGenius View Post

When dealing with Meigray, here's a few things to consider: You can make an offer on anything, but particularly stuff with an * after it. In fact, they recently had a 'sale' where they asked people to make offers on consignments. That's when the Navy Klesla sold. The other thing is, you can put stuff on layaway. 25% or 33% depending on what the final order total is of one or more jerseys. I've utilized this myself a few times.

Congrats to the jersey winners, btw. Julie and I were stoked when the page finally loaded on my phone and I saw Howitzer's name there. We had met with him at the game and were sitting in seats he gave us in 102. I couldn't wait for the period to end so I could talk about it with him.

I'd agree...pretty much anyone would be a good jersey to have even though the season sucked. I suppose the bottom of the list would be Aaron Johnson, but I know most of our significant others probably think he's enough of a cutie to forget he's not that good
How do you make an offer on something on the site? Do you just send an email to them? I see a potential jersey or 2 I might be interested in but I'd like to make an offer less than the posted price.

Old
03-31-2012, 11:53 PM
Mayor Bee
\/me_____you\/

Quote:
If there's one thing I've learned in years of jersey collecting, it's this.

If there's something that you've thought about and really want, get it. It's impossible to tell if it'll ever become available again.

Second thing is that most post-2000 jerseys are readily available, and there are always people looking to sell. Most take a loss when it comes to actually selling them. Basically, this very shirt could be back up for sale in two months, or there could be something extremely close to it for sale. Just keep your eyes open.

Yes, I promised one thing and delivered two. I'm a heavy tipper.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Balls McGinty View Post
How do you make an offer on something on the site? Do you just send an email to them? I see a potential jersey or 2 I might be interested in but I'd like to make an offer less than the posted price.
Pretty much. MeiGray is about as well-run of a business as you can possibly have, particularly when it comes to a hobby that's seen its fair share of swindlers and frauds (and that continue to be a major issue with other sports).

Old
03-31-2012, 11:57 PM
SuperGenius
For Duty & Humanity!

vCash: 1138
Quote:
Yes, I had the $275 opening bid and my actual top bid was $350. But thanks for the tip on Meigray. Had I known that, I would have made an offer or put it on layaway.
Here are their exact terms:

Quote:
Layaways
Layaways are permitted for any purchased or pre-ordered jerseys, but pre-ordered jerseys must be paid in full no later than 7 days before jersey is available for delivery.

Layaways are permitted on any in-stock item. Layaway terms are as follows: Jerseys priced under $1,000, 33 percent down and 60-day maximum layaway. Jerseys priced over $1,000, 25 percent down and 90-day maximum layaway. Credit cards or post-dated checks only on all layaway payments. No refunds on returned layaway items. Exchanges only.

Delinquent layaways will be handled as follows: Once payment is 30 days overdue, item will be re-marketed. When jersey sells, payments made will be refunded minus 5 percent of the full retail price.

Old
04-02-2012, 07:43 PM
IBleedUnionBlue

I won! Autographed Piece of Game Used Glass (8x10). Now what in the hell do I do with that.

Old
04-02-2012, 07:45 PM
Derby
Pilsners in Prague

Quote:
I won! Autographed Piece of Game Used Glass (8x10). Now what in the hell do I do with that.
Still better than lunch with Rimer and Davidge, eh?

So, by my count we HF'ers are doing alright in this year's sweepstakes. Five winners here so far by my count. Anyone else?

Old
04-02-2012, 07:52 PM
DaveCBJ
Boom. Outta here.

Quote:
Saw one from last year. They are actually pretty cool. Congrats. It is better than winning Zoo tickets!

Old
04-02-2012, 08:04 PM
IBleedUnionBlue

Yeah, I'm good with it. My 21 year old son has a sports collection, I'm sure he will end up with it.

Closed Thread