HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Jersey Thread II

Closed Thread

Old
04-02-2012, 10:47 PM
1857 Howitzer
******* Linesman

vCash: 500
Check out my new Blue Jackets jersey guide website. Please let me know if you see anything that needs to be corrected. Thanks https://sites.google.com/site/columb...tsjerseyguide/

04-03-2012, 08:44 AM
letsgojackets

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1857 Howitzer View Post
Check out my new Blue Jackets jersey guide website. Please let me know if you see anything that needs to be corrected. Thanks https://sites.google.com/site/columb...tsjerseyguide/
great job!

Old
04-03-2012, 09:14 AM
SuperGenius
For Duty & Humanity!

Quote:
This is a great resource. Thanks for taking the time to put this together. It will help anyone interested in CBJ shirts. I know it would have made things easier if this had existed when I started. Instead, I had to bug Mayor (and still do sometimes). Since he's off saving the world, fixing stupid one post at a time, he doesn't have time for us jersey hunters anymore!

Old
04-03-2012, 09:50 AM
1857 Howitzer
******* Linesman

Thanks, just got done editing and hope I found all of the little mistakes. I even added a slideshow!

Last edited by 1857 Howitzer: 04-03-2012 at 10:04 AM.
Old
04-03-2012, 12:07 PM
Mayor Bee
\/me_____you\/

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperGenius View Post
This is a great resource. Thanks for taking the time to put this together. It will help anyone interested in CBJ shirts. I know it would have made things easier if this had existed when I started. Instead, I had to bug Mayor (and still do sometimes). Since he's off saving the world, fixing stupid one post at a time, he doesn't have time for us jersey hunters anymore!
The package in my living room says that I still have time.

Old
04-03-2012, 12:13 PM
Mayor Bee
\/me_____you\/

Quote:
Looks good. There's a decent amount of information, plus enough time and room to flesh out "The Project" during the offseason.

Old
04-03-2012, 01:12 PM
1857 Howitzer
******* Linesman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayor Bee View Post
Looks good. There's a decent amount of information, plus enough time and room to flesh out "The Project" during the offseason.
Thanks, if there's anything you see that I should add please let me know.

And for all the Boomer fans his unveiling video is now on my site.

Anyone know how to load a .rm file (realplayer) to youtube?

Old
04-03-2012, 01:28 PM
cbjgirl
Just thinking

Quote:

And for all the Boomer fans his unveiling video is now on my site.

The best part of that unveiling was Tyler Wright. Watch his reaction.

Old
04-03-2012, 02:13 PM
SuperGenius
For Duty & Humanity!

Did anyone here get the first season Chill that was up on ebay for all of several hours? Congrats if so.

Got this from a friend who listed it in his ebay store, once realized it was him, we worked it out offline.

1997-98 Columbus Chill Colin Muldoon Road Jersey - he played for 3 teams that season, 20 games with the Chill. There are obvious signs that this was recycled from another jersey. First, it's very well worn, probably more like 100 games than 20. There is also glue residue indicating a number switch. I had a grey Chill jersey that I actually decided to move because it really wasn't something I was as into as I thought I would be. This, on the other hand, is something I really dig. I should add that Muldoon ended his career in 2001, last playing for the Macon Whoopee of the CHL (Central Hockey League). And yes, that was their name.

BTW, the grey Chill goalie jersey ended up on ebay, and who should happen to win it but Jim Slazyk, the player who wore it for a few games in the early 1993-94 season. Very cool, and I hope he wore it at the reunion this past weekend. I'm sad I missed that.

Last edited by SuperGenius: 04-03-2012 at 04:14 PM.
Old
04-03-2012, 02:22 PM
1857 Howitzer
******* Linesman

Very nice

Old
04-03-2012, 08:19 PM
DaveCBJ
Boom. Outta here.

Quote:
Thanks for this site. I am new in the game worn market and this is a great resource. It is now a favorite.

Old
04-03-2012, 08:30 PM
Derby
Pilsners in Prague

Both Wooten and Howiter have great collections. Impressive for sure.

There is one sweater in particular from Wooten's collection I have coveted for a few years now. You know which one that is, eh John? Some day....

Old
04-03-2012, 08:37 PM
Mayor Bee
\/me_____you\/

Quote:

I'll have to talk to someone from another forum about "The Project"; he has graphic skills and I do not, he has the templates and I do not, but we have the jerseys and he does not.

To your second question, no. Wait, people still use RealPlayer? Are you looking to upload that to your Geocities page too?

Quote:
Did anyone here get the first season Chill that was up on ebay for all of several hours? Congrats if so.

Got this from a friend who listed it in his ebay store, once realized it was him, we worked it out offline.

1997-98 Columbus Chill Colin Muldoon Road Jersey - he played for 3 teams that season, 20 games with the Chill. There are obvious signs that this was recycled from another jersey. First, it's very well worn, probably more like 100 games than 20. There is also glue residue indicating a number switch. I had a grey Chill jersey that I actually decided to move because it really wasn't something I was as into as I thought I would be. This, on the other hand, is something I really dig. I should add that Muldoon ended his career in 2001, last playing for the Macon Whoopee of the CHL (Central Hockey League). And yes, that was their name.

BTW, the grey Chill goalie jersey ended up on ebay, and who should happen to win it but Jim Slazyk, the player who wore it for a few games in the early 1993-94 season. Very cool, and I hope he wore it at the reunion this past weekend. I'm sad I missed that.
Two staples of my collection: a few Chill (most of which have moved on), and one single Macon Whoopee jersey.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derby View Post

There is one sweater in particular from Wooten's collection I have coveted for a few years now. You know which one that is, eh John? Some day....
What I like about both isn't that they've put together impressive collections in a short period of time (both of which are more impressive than my own), but that both have a great willingness to learn, to research, and to share what they know. Plenty of longtime collectors either never did that in the first place or else stopped doing that, so any time that "the new generation" becomes a quality asset to the hobby early on, that's something that's great to see.

Next step will be dragging them to an Expo, their respective significant others willing.

Old
04-03-2012, 09:40 PM
SuperGenius
For Duty & Humanity!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derby View Post

lol. I never say never because there's always a chance you'd come up with a jersey I'd die for

Quote:
Two staples of my collection: a few Chill (most of which have moved on), and one single Macon Whoopee jersey.

<snip>

Next step will be dragging them to an Expo, their respective significant others willing.
Now that you mention that, I think I remember you telling me that before. That's hilarious. Can't be an easy shirt to get.

I intend to go to the Meigray expo this year. Once it's announced, let's start making plans!

Old
04-03-2012, 09:46 PM
IBleedUnionBlue

vCash: 1900
I have a CBJ 3rd jersey (cannon) with Umberger, Replica, Size XL that I will sell. If anyone is interested, please make offer.

Old
04-03-2012, 10:13 PM
1857 Howitzer
******* Linesman

Quote:
I'll have to talk to someone from another forum about "The Project"; he has graphic skills and I do not, he has the templates and I do not, but we have the jerseys and he does not.
Sounds interesting.

Quote:

To your second question, no. Wait, people still use RealPlayer? Are you looking to upload that to your Geocities page too?
lol, I have been using Wayback Machine to look at old versions of the Jackets website and I found and was able to download a 14:00 video from the original 3rd jersey unveiling but its a .rm and is more or less useless today.

Old
04-03-2012, 10:46 PM
Mayor Bee
\/me_____you\/

Quote:
Sounds interesting.
I can assure you that it is not.

Quote:
lol, I have been using Wayback Machine to look at old versions of the Jackets website and I found and was able to download a 14:00 video from the original 3rd jersey unveiling but its a .rm and is more or less useless today.
That's how I put the old preseason and rookie camp rosters together. It's a great tool...and if anyone wants to see how much single-game tickets used to cost, I have that saved.

Old
04-03-2012, 10:48 PM
Mayor Bee
\/me_____you\/

Quote:
Now that you mention that, I think I remember you telling me that before. That's hilarious. Can't be an easy shirt to get.

I intend to go to the Meigray expo this year. Once it's announced, let's start making plans!
http://www.gameworn.net/cgi-bin/GW/u...c;f=1;t=023284

A friend of mine is getting married either that weekend or the next...that affects my plans not one bit.

Old
04-03-2012, 11:05 PM
1857 Howitzer
******* Linesman

Quote:

A friend of mine is getting married either that weekend or the next...that affects my plans not one bit.
Well there is no way I can go that weekend. I will just give you a shopping list and a blank check to take with you.

Old
04-03-2012, 11:49 PM
SuperGenius
For Duty & Humanity!

Quote:

You gotta be kidding me. I have one, exactly one date that I can't do anything and that's it. #**@(!%$%$##

Old
04-04-2012, 12:18 AM
Mayor Bee
\/me_____you\/

Quote:
Well there is no way I can go that weekend. I will just give you a shopping list and a blank check to take with you.
Quote:
You gotta be kidding me. I have one, exactly one date that I can't do anything and that's it. #**@(!%$%$##
I'll keep both of these in mind for the next Detroit/Toledo show.

Old
04-04-2012, 09:48 AM
1857 Howitzer
******* Linesman

That might work better. My softball season just started so now until fall I am playing most week nights and every other weekend.

Old
04-04-2012, 02:08 PM
Mayor Bee
\/me_____you\/

I just got an email from my dear mother this morning that the family reunion is going to be that Saturday.

I'm still inclined to say that it doesn't change my plans one bit, but that's probably not true.

Old
04-05-2012, 04:40 PM
IBleedUnionBlue

vCash: 1900
I've never been so obsessive about jerseys before. But now you guys got me looking at these jerseys closely, and I just found that the R & E that the Blue Line used and the R & E that IceJerseys uses are different. The stitching is different also.

Old
04-05-2012, 05:24 PM
1857 Howitzer
******* Linesman

I think everyone else gets them wrong including EPS.

Closed Thread