HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Notices

The Jersey Thread II

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-21-2013, 04:17 PM
  #926
1857 Howitzer
******* Linesman
 
1857 Howitzer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Ohio
Country: United States
Posts: 5,046
vCash: 500
Just got this in the mail. Its a 2006-2007 Set 1 Malhotra 3rd jersey. It has some very good wear for a 3rd and I was able to photomatch it.





BTW if anyone wants a Zherdev 3rd like this one let me know.

__________________
@Aportzline: RT @skeezer1212: @Aportzline are you on record about if you think they should trade Nash, *Carter? / Not my place. Reporter, not columnist.
1857 Howitzer is offline  
Old
02-21-2013, 05:11 PM
  #927
Iron Balls McGinty
Registered User
 
Iron Balls McGinty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Sec. 203/Worthington
Country: United States
Posts: 1,530
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1857 Howitzer View Post
Just got this in the mail. Its a 2006-2007 Set 1 Malhotra 3rd jersey. It has some very good wear for a 3rd and I was able to photomatch it.





BTW if anyone wants a Zherdev 3rd like this one let me know.
Did anyone else ever wear #27 in the old style 3rd? I came across one with no name plate and the #27 in size 54 in the game used stand at nationwide during the last game. I was curious if that might have been someone else's jersey or just one that belonged to Manny and got the name plate stripped.

Iron Balls McGinty is offline  
Old
02-21-2013, 05:47 PM
  #928
1857 Howitzer
******* Linesman
 
1857 Howitzer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Ohio
Country: United States
Posts: 5,046
vCash: 500
That would have just been a game issued that was never used.

1857 Howitzer is offline  
Old
02-21-2013, 08:29 PM
  #929
Mayor Bee
\/me_____you\/
 
Mayor Bee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 14,176
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Balls McGinty View Post
Did anyone else ever wear #27 in the old style 3rd? I came across one with no name plate and the #27 in size 54 in the game used stand at nationwide during the last game. I was curious if that might have been someone else's jersey or just one that belonged to Manny and got the name plate stripped.
Teams will carry blanks with numbers and no names in the event of a transaction in the middle of a road trip. Malhotra was with the CBJ during most of the 2003-04 season, so I'd imagine that this simply never had a nameplate put on. For the most part, equipment guys tend to not be too terribly careful when removing nameplates, so if one were removed, the signs would be there and pretty visible.

Mayor Bee is offline  
Old
02-21-2013, 08:43 PM
  #930
1857 Howitzer
******* Linesman
 
1857 Howitzer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Ohio
Country: United States
Posts: 5,046
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayor Bee View Post
Teams will carry blanks with numbers and no names in the event of a transaction in the middle of a road trip. Malhotra was with the CBJ during most of the 2003-04 season, so I'd imagine that this simply never had a nameplate put on. For the most part, equipment guys tend to not be too terribly careful when removing nameplates, so if one were removed, the signs would be there and pretty visible.
It's also a 54.

1857 Howitzer is offline  
Old
02-21-2013, 08:52 PM
  #931
Iron Balls McGinty
Registered User
 
Iron Balls McGinty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Sec. 203/Worthington
Country: United States
Posts: 1,530
vCash: 500
I guess if anyone wanted to turn it into a Malhotra, a simple name plate would do it. I honestly didn't look at it that closely to know if it ever had a name plate or if one had been ripped off of it. I just stumbled across it and was curious.

Iron Balls McGinty is offline  
Old
02-21-2013, 11:01 PM
  #932
SuperGenius
Moderator
For Duty & Humanity!
 
SuperGenius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 3,538
vCash: 1138
Nice Manny! Really regret giving up the Manny third I had, congrats. Still my favorite CBJ jersey design. Sharp as all get out.

SuperGenius is offline  
Old
02-23-2013, 10:04 AM
  #933
SuperGenius
Moderator
For Duty & Humanity!
 
SuperGenius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 3,538
vCash: 1138
Getting back late to the jersey redesign discussion, I fully believe that some kind of rebrand will follow along with the rebuild of the team.

I'm not unhappy with the current design, but I do believe it could be done better....more stripes, less piping.

Love the cannon and the third jersey, but I do not like the name being part of the logo. I think it would look much better with a larger cannon and no text, maybe even just a cannon by itself.

Similar to number 3 here, but on an entirely different jersey:



I don't really care for any of those designs, but I do like the size and position of the one on the right...put that on our current third and I'm liking it a lot.

Maybe something like these I guess:
Attached Images
File Type: png cols-alt-2.png‎ (266.6 KB, 7 views)
File Type: png cols-alt-1.png‎ (265.1 KB, 7 views)

SuperGenius is offline  
Old
02-23-2013, 02:56 PM
  #934
IBleedUnionBlue
Registered User
 
IBleedUnionBlue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 2,118
vCash: 398
I have been reading about Reebok production this afternoon and it appears Reebok has pulled out of Indonesia? And that Reebok will now begin making available retail Edge 2.0's.

Do any of the jersey guys on here have any confirmation or details. Specifically looking for when and where the retail edge 2.0's will be available online or in stores?

Further reading on ice jerseys indicates some teams already have them. And there are some on ebay for the Canucks, Sens, Habs, Jets, Rangers, Penguins and Oilers. Seems like the retail edge 2.0's are now getting rolled out!


Last edited by IBleedUnionBlue: 02-23-2013 at 03:19 PM.
IBleedUnionBlue is offline  
Old
02-23-2013, 05:30 PM
  #935
letsgojackets
Registered User
 
letsgojackets's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 456
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperGenius View Post
Getting back late to the jersey redesign discussion, I fully believe that some kind of rebrand will follow along with the rebuild of the team.

I'm not unhappy with the current design, but I do believe it could be done better....more stripes, less piping.

Love the cannon and the third jersey, but I do not like the name being part of the logo. I think it would look much better with a larger cannon and no text, maybe even just a cannon by itself.

Similar to number 3 here, but on an entirely different jersey:



I don't really care for any of those designs, but I do like the size and position of the one on the right...put that on our current third and I'm liking it a lot.

Maybe something like these I guess:
I would buy all of those very quickly.

letsgojackets is offline  
Old
02-23-2013, 05:43 PM
  #936
1857 Howitzer
******* Linesman
 
1857 Howitzer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Ohio
Country: United States
Posts: 5,046
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBleedUnionBlue View Post
I have been reading about Reebok production this afternoon and it appears Reebok has pulled out of Indonesia? And that Reebok will now begin making available retail Edge 2.0's.

Do any of the jersey guys on here have any confirmation or details. Specifically looking for when and where the retail edge 2.0's will be available online or in stores?

Further reading on ice jerseys indicates some teams already have them. And there are some on ebay for the Canucks, Sens, Habs, Jets, Rangers, Penguins and Oilers. Seems like the retail edge 2.0's are now getting rolled out!
At some point we should see Jackets 2.0 retail jerseys, but I have yet to see one.

1857 Howitzer is offline  
Old
02-23-2013, 05:46 PM
  #937
1857 Howitzer
******* Linesman
 
1857 Howitzer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Ohio
Country: United States
Posts: 5,046
vCash: 500
Pulled off a big trade with John today.

Pahlsson game worn Stockholm jersey:




Umberger 2011-2012 game worn 3rd:




I love the double layered A that this did for that season and this season. During the 2010-2011 season they were single layer.


1857 Howitzer is offline  
Old
02-23-2013, 05:58 PM
  #938
IBleedUnionBlue
Registered User
 
IBleedUnionBlue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 2,118
vCash: 398
Love the Pahlsson. I always liked him as a player and still hope to snag the Pahlsson gamer if they come down in price.

IBleedUnionBlue is offline  
Old
02-23-2013, 07:20 PM
  #939
1857 Howitzer
******* Linesman
 
1857 Howitzer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Ohio
Country: United States
Posts: 5,046
vCash: 500
Anyone have any gamers for sale? Mostly looking for Navy jerseys, but will concider anything.

1857 Howitzer is offline  
Old
02-23-2013, 09:42 PM
  #940
Matthew
F.A.R.T on Mike Todd
 
Matthew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Country: United States
Posts: 7,306
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Matthew
Not enough Neon Green on those for my tastes, Wooten.

But realistically how soon could we see a new design? 7 years away at the least?

I feel like the 3rds have been a good success. I have no financial numbers to prove that, of course. The team has been 2 for 2 with their third jersey designs in my book, though.

Matthew is offline  
Old
02-23-2013, 10:14 PM
  #941
Derby
Pilsners in Prague
 
Derby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Ohio
Country: United States
Posts: 1,364
vCash: 500
Jersey guys: noticed 2 things tonight. Folignos sweater has a huge rip/ repair at the back hem. Probably 5 Inches. Tonight, Nikitin tore his all to hell on back rt shoulder. Big ole zigzag tear. I know how you love repairs and wear. Thought of you gurus right away!

Derby is offline  
Old
02-23-2013, 10:35 PM
  #942
1857 Howitzer
******* Linesman
 
1857 Howitzer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Ohio
Country: United States
Posts: 5,046
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derby View Post
Jersey guys: noticed 2 things tonight. Folignos sweater has a huge rip/ repair at the back hem. Probably 5 Inches. Tonight, Nikitin tore his all to hell on back rt shoulder. Big ole zigzag tear. I know how you love repairs and wear. Thought of you gurus right away!
Noticed Foligno's jersey looked like a mess tonight.

1857 Howitzer is offline  
Old
02-25-2013, 02:48 PM
  #943
1857 Howitzer
******* Linesman
 
1857 Howitzer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Ohio
Country: United States
Posts: 5,046
vCash: 500
How great would this jersey look with the 3rd jersey logo on it?


1857 Howitzer is offline  
Old
02-26-2013, 09:41 PM
  #944
FreeBoomer61
Registered User
 
FreeBoomer61's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 366
vCash: 500
If any of you are interested, here is a link to a "New Age" CBJ redesign I've put together.

*Edit: Link isn't working...I'll just put the post here....

Hey guys,

For the past few days, I've been working on a little project with my free time. My goal was to completely redesign the Blue Jackets. With the organization going through a remodel both on the ice and up in the press box, I believe that it is time for the club to usher in a new era of uniforms. While many Columbus fans have grown accustomed to their current uniforms, their identity is not a very strong one. I have heard stories about CBJ fans wearing the team's tshirts around the country/world, and others saying "go Patriots!".

First off, I do not own the copyrights on the crest logo. I retraced and made some alterations to the original concept logo that was created by the username "BranMan32" from flickr (Here is the link to the original logo: LINK).

-The logo solidifies the team's branding, as it better unifies the team and the Ohio's rich Civil War history.
-The traditional striping on the home and road primaries give the team a sharp, respectable look...something in my mind the team has lacked recently (except for the current third).
-The numerals are unique to the team, and help build the brand that the current third jersey has.
-The shoulder patch reinforces the Civil War theme, and solidifies the Jackets as "Ohio's Team".
-The captain patches are unique to the team and fit nicely with the "Ohio branding".
-And finally, the alternate pays homage to the inaugural season.

Anyways, to the concepts.....





enjoy

FreeBoomer61 is offline  
Old
02-26-2013, 10:46 PM
  #945
Tonysil
Registered User
 
Tonysil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Springfield, MA
Posts: 66
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeBoomer61 View Post
-The shoulder patch reinforces the Civil War theme, and solidifies the Jackets as "Ohio's Team".
I'm not from Ohio but I love the shoulder patches!

Tonysil is offline  
Old
02-27-2013, 04:00 PM
  #946
1857 Howitzer
******* Linesman
 
1857 Howitzer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Ohio
Country: United States
Posts: 5,046
vCash: 500
Been on a Pahlsson kick lately for some reason. This is a game used 2011-2012 Set one. This is a jersey that I would consider trading for another gamer.





Last edited by 1857 Howitzer: 03-06-2013 at 12:50 PM.
1857 Howitzer is offline  
Old
02-27-2013, 09:40 PM
  #947
IBleedUnionBlue
Registered User
 
IBleedUnionBlue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 2,118
vCash: 398
Its good you picked up the Pahlsson. I liked him as a player.

IBleedUnionBlue is offline  
Old
02-28-2013, 12:07 PM
  #948
IBleedUnionBlue
Registered User
 
IBleedUnionBlue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 2,118
vCash: 398
Got my Komets gamer worn. Tyler Butler. Really a great person, huge fan of his. Jersey is hammered. Many holes, and several repairs.




IBleedUnionBlue is offline  
Old
02-28-2013, 11:41 PM
  #949
SuperGenius
Moderator
For Duty & Humanity!
 
SuperGenius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 3,538
vCash: 1138
another forum member showed me something he knew I couldn't resist, so...

trade bait (or sale too) - most of it is on ebay right now. Of interest here would be the Chaput game issued alternate, Pahlsson 11-12 Road, Leclaire GI 2003-04.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/johnwoo...7630566005490/

SuperGenius is offline  
Old
03-07-2013, 11:20 AM
  #950
FreeBoomer61
Registered User
 
FreeBoomer61's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 366
vCash: 500
If anyone is looking to trade/sell an inaugural season jersey, pm me please

FreeBoomer61 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:54 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.