HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > All other USA Amateur, USHL, NAHL, USNTDP etc.

Ushl-nahl

Closed Thread

Old
10-01-2004, 11:39 AM
Cropduster

vCash: 500
Ushl-nahl

how do these two leagues compare? Are they even both in the same age brackets?

Old
10-01-2004, 10:49 PM
lancerzrule

Ushl/nahl

Pretty much the same age brackets, but the USHL is Tier I hockey and the NAHL is not.

Old
10-01-2004, 11:33 PM
ndhockey21

Send a message via AIM to ndhockey21 Send a message via MSN to ndhockey21
both junior A now

Old
10-05-2004, 02:25 PM
Tornado OS

Send a message via Yahoo to Tornado OS
NAHL is Teir II Junior A hockey.
The main difference between the leagues is the players and how many players you can have of certain ages. The NAHL has no restrictions except that they must be 20 or under by Dec. 31 of the proper years

Old
10-05-2004, 05:04 PM
Oilers Chick
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado OS
NAHL is Teir II Junior A hockey.
The main difference between the leagues is the players and how many players you can have of certain ages. The NAHL has no restrictions except that they must be 20 or under by Dec. 31 of the proper years
Excluding the NTDP, how would rate the NAHL compared to the Prep/High School leagues such as those in Minnesota and New England?

Also, where is the EJHL (comparatively speaking) in relation to the NAHL or even the USHL for that matter IYO?

Old
10-07-2004, 11:53 AM
Tornado OS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilers Chick
Excluding the NTDP, how would rate the NAHL compared to the Prep/High School leagues such as those in Minnesota and New England?

Also, where is the EJHL (comparatively speaking) in relation to the NAHL or even the USHL for that matter IYO?
NAHL I would really put the top two or three teams are just as good as the USHL top teams.
The NAHL with the older players gives the league a lot more physical play.
As for the Prep/High School leagues, I really cant answer that one, except to say that I am sure a lot of the NAHL teams would be able beat most of those leagues, mostly because of the physical play. The kids are normally a bit older.

We are about to find out the difference from the EJHL and the NAHL. They have agreed to meet each other in a showcase tourney in MN, next week. For more details on that go to www.nahl.com

The EJHL and NAHL have reached some kind of an agreement. My personal thinking is that the two leagues will end up merging. I heard an interview with the commissioner of the NAHL stating that he was wanting to get the league to 30 teams.

Old
10-07-2004, 11:36 PM
lancerzrule

Nahl/ushl

The only real way to judge the NAHL/USHL was the National tournament. The top teams from each league, but now that the USHL doesn't participate anymore, it's kind of hard to judge. A lot of the players that were on USHL teams and were cut end up playing in the NAHL though.

Old
10-08-2004, 09:19 AM
Tornado OS

There is no question that a lot of the people cut from the USHL end up in the NAHL. I still think that the top teams in the NAHL could be very competitive. I am pretty sure Texas last year could have still won it. Texas was 71-7-2 for the season.
It ashamed that the USHL dropped out of the Gold Cup. They were afraid that if they lost thier league would lose credibility. I know in the prospects tourney, the NAHL would win those.
Like I said earlier, I think the top talent is probably better in the USHL.

I really would hope that the leagues could get back together and start playing each other again.

Old
10-08-2004, 04:41 PM
Oilers Chick
Hockey's Future Staff

I think another very interesting tourney would be like a USHL vs. BCHL deal. Sort of like a junior "A" border battle. Both leagues have excellent players coming out of them this season (well, into the NCAA anyway). Maybe we could use it as a measuring stick on how good each team is comparitively speaking.

Old
10-08-2004, 06:53 PM
Tornado OS

New Market has a tourney every year around Christmas. Not sure what league they are in, but I know its the Teir 2 league.
The Tornado from the NAHL has won that tourney the last 2 years, and pretty easily. They will be going back this year again to try to become the first team to win the Tourney 3 years in a row.

In a dream world we would have a true Junior A tourney at the end of the year. Maybe one day we will.

Old
10-09-2004, 01:46 PM
derbyfan

The problem with the Newmarket Tourney is that many of the top OPJHL teams do not take part. Last year I was much more impressed with Texas' win than the year before. They beat Oakville (a young squad, but eventually Western Conf. champs), and Georgetown in a VERY tight game. The rest of the way they absolutely creamed weak teams. Many were hoping Aurora, the eventual Canadian champs, would take part. I would have LOVED to see Tigers vs. Tornado
The OPJHL is very watered down, although a few top squads could compete with any junior circuit.
I have much respect for Texas, and the program Tony Curtale runs there. I for one would love to see an international tourney involving USHL, NAHL, BCHL, AJHL etc.
My understanding is that Hockey Canada is launching (or plans to launch) some kind of Jr. A international showcase tourney...we'll see.

Old
10-11-2004, 04:10 PM
Tornado OS

I would love to see that international showcase.

Just to let people know. Texas has started the season 7-0-0 and with the sweep last year during the playoffs and championships thats 25 straight wins. I dont know if this team is as talented as of last years team, yet, but this team looks like they can score. They have outscored everyone so far 37-15 this year.

Old
10-11-2004, 05:30 PM
Oilers Chick
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado OS
I would love to see that international showcase.

Just to let people know. Texas has started the season 7-0-0 and with the sweep last year during the playoffs and championships thats 25 straight wins. I dont know if this team is as talented as of last years team, yet, but this team looks like they can score. They have outscored everyone so far 37-15 this year.
Thanks! I'd really appreciate it if you could keep me updating on what's happening in the NAHL (or as much of it as you can). I'm particularly interested in getting updates on the guys who'll be NCAA bound. Thanks in advance.

Old
10-12-2004, 06:50 AM
Tornado OS

Well I can give you two signings already.

Texas Forward Brad Cooper and Defenseman Austin Miller have signed to joing several other former Tornado players at Providence.

I think Providence is becoming the college Tornado. LOL

Old
10-17-2004, 07:41 PM
Cropduster

thanks for the responses... 2nd question would be the top teams in the USHL vs the average teams in the OHL or QMJHL for instance. Is it head and shoulders better?(the CHL teams, that is)

Old
12-19-2004, 04:12 PM
coyotechrisz

Send a message via ICQ to coyotechrisz
On http://www.ushockeynews.com/

i have USHL Tier I.. and EJHL Tier II

so you would say the difference from USHL to EJHL ist the same as from USHL to NAHL(also Tier II or)??

Or would you say the EJHL ist better than the NAHL?

by the way .. can i understand for Tier ... the same as for Division ? Means Division = Tear ??

thx for help!

Closed Thread