HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Bull call leads to loss-4-3 TB

Old
12-29-2011, 09:55 PM
Beendair Donedat

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
You have to stop more than 81.8% if you want to be an NHL goalie against 3/4 of an AHL team.

the only goal he had no chance on was the fluky Stamkos one, the one by Bergeron was a 60 foot floater that he went down on for some reason. The Le Cavalier one he was looking at the puck, poke
it, cover it, do SOMETHING!!!
Crucifying Price and praising Gomez in one day. Are you taking your medication?

The reality is that we have a weak team with a poor defense. We are 23 in the league for goals for... 23rd spot! Most teams would kill for a young goalie (25) who has had seasons of 24-12, 23-16, 13-20, 38-28, 13-12 (current season). He's a world class talent with the potential to be dominant for years if he had a real team in front of him. He's a winner at every level he's ever played.

Beendair Donedat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2011, 09:56 PM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maliki2 View Post
Local news just said David Desjarnaa (or thats how it sounded)! LOL
Driving home in the 1st period when Desharnais got the assist it sounded like David Desjardins on the radio

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2011, 09:56 PM
Habit11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skarjak View Post
It's ridiculous how all the Price-haters are coming out after he lets in one soft goal. When other players have bad games, we don't reconsider their entire career. He lets in one soft goal and all of a sudden he's always been a bum. People just have no clue.
Which is what is annoying. 1 bad goal. Yet, he should have had the Stamkos deflection, the Bergeron fluke, knuckle ball, with screens in front, and he should have tied up Lecavalier in front. It's like people wait for opportunities to **** all over some guys.

Habit11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2011, 09:57 PM
Skarjak

Quote:
For the same face that high school, pee wee, college whatever doesn't exactly relate to playing as a NHL goalie. LOL

Hey but if you played as a boot hockey goalie or roller blade goalie you are allowed to comment...
The point is that people who've played it at least know something about the position. That puts them one step ahead of you.

People, time and time again, put their foot in their mouth when they comment on goalies. I think it's quite clear that skaters (and, to an even greater extend, people who don't actually play hockey but just watch it) have, in general, no idea how a goaltender should play, and so are in no position to make comments about their technique. Google the Diane-Kruger effect. People who don't have a skill are incapable of recognizing it in others, and this a pretty good example of it.

If you're so smart, why don't you tell me how a goalie should position himself to stop the majority of shots being deflected at the crossbar level? There's a reason goals are disallowed if they're higher than the crossbar (as this one was).

Skarjak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
MJN79

The least of my worries with this team is goaltending, there are so many holes on this team that need to be addressed for them to even be considered a good squad.
Gauthier had said he wanted the Habs to be in top-tier in the league, man is he failing miserably.

MJN79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Kriss E

Quote:
And this year he has 13 wins(17th in the league), 2.49gaa (21st) .912 save (25th in the league) percentage..whats your point?
Last year is last year....it's all about this year.

Those aren't stats to be happy about.
Only 13 of the goalies that are above Price in Sv% have played more than 20games.

Price has played well. He hasn't been incredible, but with a better team in front, his stats would be better.

In any event, Price should be the least of our worries right now.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2011, 09:59 PM
Skarjak

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJN79 View Post
The least of my worries with this team is goaltending, there are so many holes on this team that need to be addressed for them to even be considered a good squad.
Gauthier had said he wanted the Habs to be in top-tier in the league, man is he failing miserably.
Seriously, that's one of our strenghts. There is a lot more work to do with the defense than in net.

It's not like we have anyone who can replace Price any time soon either. Our farm is bare when it comes to goaltending.

Old
12-29-2011, 10:00 PM
Traitor8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protest the Hero View Post
Maliki, Agnostic and that other idiot all on the trade Price bandwagon? Anyone else want to jump on before he turns into the goalie everyone in the NHL believes he'll be. You can't just post when he has a bad game.

BTW, I think that Oilers fan that said Cole wouldn't score 15 goals this year should pop in and admit he's wrong.
I'd like to jump in on the trade Price bandwagon. I always thought he's overrated. He's the only top 5 goalie in history that's not top 5 in any stat.

He's also completely junk in the playoffs. He often gets rattled and this "mental toughness" they talk about never shows up during the 3rd period of the playoffs.

Yes he does make big saves but he also ***** the bed... thats' the definition of an average goalie.

Price is an average goalie with a "superstar" value because of his reputation. We should trade him now before his value gets lower. We could wait until the summer to trade him. Either way, I don't see Price as a franchise goalie. You can hate all you want. it's my opinion.

I called 10 years ago that Luongo was overrated and people laughed at me ..

Traitor8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2011, 10:01 PM
Protest the Hero

Quote:
Please let me know what post I said that it was time to trade Price? Oh you can't thats right, but he shouldn't be above the rest of the team. He is just as much a problem as the rest.
You might not have posted we should trade him but you clearly have some sort of grudge against him. You've blamed him for every loss this season, he had a ****** game tonight, but he's not the reason this team is in 13th, actually he his, because without him they'd be lower.

The whole team has the mental fragility of a 5 year old. When things aren't going their way they start handling the puck like a grenade and losing puck battles all over the ice.

Protest the Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2011, 10:02 PM
Traitor8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habit11 View Post
Which is what is annoying. 1 bad goal. Yet, he should have had the Stamkos deflection, the Bergeron fluke, knuckle ball, with screens in front, and he should have tied up Lecavalier in front. It's like people wait for opportunities to **** all over some guys.

2nd goal was a disastr that allowed Tampa back in the game.

The floater ..common man. ..he should of easily stopped that.. I don't care if "St-Louis might of touched it", it didn't change direction. He should of EASILY stopped it.

Lecavalier ..Cole was a disaster on that goal but Price should of never gave a rebound like that. The initial shot came from a bad angle. A good goalie would of put it down and pushed it behind the net or just covered it.

Old
12-29-2011, 10:03 PM
Andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traitor8 View Post
I'd like to jump in on the trade Price bandwagon. I always thought he's overrated. He's the only top 5 goalie in history that's not top 5 in any stat.

He's also completely junk in the playoffs. He often gets rattled and this "mental toughness" they talk about never shows up during the 3rd period of the playoffs.

Yes he does make big saves but he also ***** the bed... thats' the definition of an average goalie.

Price is an average goalie with a "superstar" value because of his reputation. We should trade him now before his value gets lower. We could wait until the summer to trade him. Either way, I don't see Price as a franchise goalie. You can hate all you want. it's my opinion.

I find it completely hilarious that you say Price is referred to as a superstar only because of reputation, but then call him a bad playoff goalie based off of reputation from 3 years ago. He was excellent against the Bruins in the playoffs last post-season.

I vote this the most contradictory post of the year

Andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2011, 10:04 PM
Kriss E

Quote:

Maybe you should start watching other NHL goalies play.

Old
12-29-2011, 10:04 PM
MJN79

Quote:

So since you are saying he is overated, what goalie out there in the league would you say is better than Price and that you would take before him? I can't believe what I am reading here, you would trade him for what? another goalie??

Old
12-29-2011, 10:06 PM
deandebean

Different coach same result.

deandebean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2011, 10:07 PM
Coldplay
Courage

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddahsmoka1 View Post
Where are the hoards of people to come in and blame the loss of the lead directly on the coach?

Crickets...

But hey, now let's blame it on Price.

You guys are gutless pukes.

Seriously...what is wrong with you?
Habs played a good game tonight, Price was average, but to blame him is ludicrous.

Coldplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2011, 10:07 PM
Agnostic
11 Stanley Cups

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
I find it completely hilarious that you say Price is referred to as a superstar only because of reputation, but then call him a bad playoff goalie based off of reputation from 3 years ago. He was excellent against the Bruins in the playoffs last post-season.

you need to learn the meaning of this word.

Agnostic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2011, 10:08 PM
Coldplay
Courage

I really don't think this is the type of loss where we should be panicking guys.

Coldplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
hockeyfan2k11

People tend to forget just how young Price is.

hockeyfan2k11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Myron Gaines*
Trop Giou

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJN79 View Post
Not gonna happen unless we start drafting high. Some people can't accept it, but it's the truth.

How can we improve our team if all of our assets are underachieving and our best assets are untouchable?

By drafting high. It's the only way.

Myron Gaines* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Traitor8

Quote:

How is it a contradiction ?

I call him a bad playoff goalie because he is a bad playoff goalie ... not because of his reputation of 3 years ago:

2007-2008 2.78 GAA, 901 save %
2008-2009 4.11 GAA, 878 save %
2009-2010 3.56 GAA, 890 save %
2010-2011 2.11 GAA, 934 save %
Above is excellent stat but when we were winning 3-1 in game 3, it's suppose to be series over but he didn't shut the door down. I believe a franchise goalie would do that for us. Was it his fault ...not entirely but that's again, that's the definition of an average goalie. Any goalie can make big saves here and there and then **** the bed once in a while. A franchise or superstar goalie just steal playoff rounds by themselves.

His value is based on the reputation that he had from junior and the fact that he's drafted 5th overall. People are still talking about potential, potential , potential ..it's not the first time that a player's reputation increases his trade value. A highly drafted player always has another team thinking ..man this guy is great, I'm sure I can turn him around...

Old
Andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agnostic View Post
you need to learn the meaning of this word.
Why don't you explain to me why he wasn't excellent against the bruins in last year's playoffs.

2010-2011 2.11 GAA, 934 save % against a team that made every other goalie in the playoffs look like fools.

Andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2011, 10:09 PM
Kriss E

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldplay View Post
Habs played a good game tonight, Price was average, but to blame him is ludicrous.
Habs played a lot of good games that they lost under Martin. This has been the story of the season.

Old
12-29-2011, 10:09 PM
Skarjak

Quote:

Jesus, the haters are out.

Ok, let's say we go with your ridiculous plan to trade Price "before his value gets lower".

What now? You gonna have Budaj in net? Haha, we'll see where that gets us. What's your plan? We don't have a single goalie in our system with #1 potential. Even if you were to draft one this summer with a high pick, he would most likely not play for a good five or six years, and he would hit his prime sometimes nine or ten years from now. Bear in mind that very few goalies are given the responsibilities that Price is given at his age. It's extremely unlikely that any goalie you draft this year would be ready to be #1 at 23, and it's almost impossible for you to find one who, like Price, would be ready to lead the league in minutes played at this age.

So who do we trade for? Which asset do we give up to acquire a decent #1? Don't tell me we can just sign anyone and he'll do the job just fine, cause then what's the point of trading Price?

EDIT: Hey, Traitor8, why did Patrick Roy ever lose playoff round? I thought excellent goalies were supposed to steal rounds, and he's the best in history.

Old
12-29-2011, 10:10 PM
MJN79

Quote:
Why don't you explain to me why he wasn't excellent against the bruins in last year's playoffs.

2010-2011 2.11 GAA, 934 save % against a team that made every other goalie in the playoffs look like fools.

Explain to me too, I guess we didn't watch same series

Old
12-29-2011, 10:10 PM
groovejuice

Quote:
A good goalie would of put it down and pushed it behind the net or just covered it.
The idiocy in this thread is remarkable. He made a debatably poor play and now is a bad goalie?

Why oh why don't we have perfect players like all the other teams?

groovejuice is offline   Reply With Quote