HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Notices

Thread About Nothing: Part 152 - rip out my tooth for me

Closed Thread

Old
12-30-2011, 02:56 PM
DatBoyJPP
Good Night

vCash: 500
And it's looking like I'm staying home :?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tedenby21 View Post
Don't lie, you liked it!
It was of terrible quality

Old
12-30-2011, 03:05 PM
GM17*
ALL HAIL LORD FISH

Quote:
Originally Posted by manisback121 View Post
Go with Lamb, very rarely do places get filet cooked right (including morons, gallaghers, ben bensons). Lamb is a goto even at a s**** joint!
for $35 it better be cooked properly

Old
12-30-2011, 03:11 PM
BrodeurRULES
RIP Lokomotiv

This will be the last damn holiday they force me to work!

12-30-2011, 03:12 PM
njdevsfn95
Help Vas, Sprite.

best Filet Mignon i've ever had was at Red Square at the Topicana in AC.

just thinking about it makes me want to drive 2hrs just to get it.

Old
12-30-2011, 03:17 PM
selyar
Need cupcakes?

I just went to get gas and I had 3 pumps sniped from me before I finally got 1

Old
12-30-2011, 03:23 PM
njdevsfn95
Help Vas, Sprite.

Quote:
Originally Posted by selyar View Post
I just went to get gas and I had 3 pumps sniped from me before I finally got 1
how did you survive the explosion?

Old
12-30-2011, 03:34 PM
GM17*
ALL HAIL LORD FISH

girlfriend's gonna get the lamb, looks like I'm getting the fillet and gonna pick at her lamb so I know for next time haha!

Old
12-30-2011, 03:49 PM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Send a message via AIM to Saugus
Quote:
Originally Posted by PariseforPresident View Post
He did it on purpose, not sure it was a whoops. Just drunk kids being drunk kids
You've got some interesting friends. I can't imagine how drunk I'd have to be in order to think that was a good idea.

Old
12-30-2011, 04:07 PM
DatBoyJPP
Good Night

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saugus View Post
You've got some interesting friends. I can't imagine how drunk I'd have to be in order to think that was a good idea.
Nobody likes him

I was working the hockey game so I couldn't go to a Mardi Gras party. He promised to send me a picture of boobies and sent that instead

Old
12-30-2011, 04:18 PM
BrodeurRULES
RIP Lokomotiv

Silly Verizon At a time when companies are trying to go paperless and save money. Verizon wants to rip you off at the same time.

http://technolog.msnbc.msn.com/_news...onvenience-fee

Old
12-30-2011, 04:45 PM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Quote:
Nobody likes him

I was working the hockey game so I couldn't go to a Mardi Gras party. He promised to send me a picture of boobies and sent that instead
That makes it even worse. He set up your expectations and then dashed them.

Old
12-30-2011, 04:50 PM
DatBoyJPP
Good Night

Quote:
That makes it even worse. He set up your expectations and then dashed them.
Again, nobody likes him

Old
12-30-2011, 05:20 PM
Ilkka Pikachu

Let's get this **** started:

>Canada

thank you based CBC

Old
12-30-2011, 05:54 PM
Scott04

Quote:
One day we'll both be working our dream sport job and banging our solid 9 wives. I just know it
But I want it now And an 8.5 is cool too. I'm not overly picky.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhodes 81 View Post
i feel like it's acceptable to have no clue up until about 25 or so, so you've got time.

besides you have no clue what could happen in like 3 months that throws everything else out the window. the future is just impossible to predict.
So I have 10 months to go. Hooray.

The 3 months thing though is definitely true. Part of the equation for why my mind was able to race through all of these things is because my social life has been nearly non-existant the last 4 months. My "full-time" internship is really more full-time than intended. Last week I worked 70 hours, and that was having had one of those days off entirely. I had stretches of 10-14 straight days working, etc. The hours are heavy, and even worse when you factor in the commute time + my school obligations. Free time just didn't exist. I have 2 weeks to go. Even though I'm always searching for anything full-time, I'm not going to complain about the possibility I'll have a few months to truly rest, recover, and get back to enjoying myself. So in theory, my return to society could change things big time for all I know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhodes 81 View Post
i'm in eloquent drunk mode. i will awake later today from a deep slumber to discover that facebook hat been severely trolled.

the rhodes scale of drunk

eloquent
forget how to type
walk into walls
I operate on a similar scale. I always type well on a PC, even when drunk, but with texts I get bad. I catch my errors immediately and go back and try to fix them. Problem is after the 3rd time, if I can't get it, I say "**** this" and just leave it as is for comedic effect. And phase 2 and phase 3 of drunk me are always trying their hardest to act like phase 1. Sometimes it works. Others it just gets hilarious. Its fun. But I really haven't been "drunk" (to the level I would like) in months. Soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darius Dangleaitis View Post
Watching Orange County

I thoroughly enjoy this movie.
I did too. Don't fully recall why, as I haven't seen it in forever. But I did enjoy it. Don't know many people who shared that opinion though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj225 View Post
I was the last of my friends to get married..it'll be okay! I was 2 weeks shy of my 29th birthday so it's not a big deal! My brother is getting married in June, he'll be a little over a month shy of his 29th birthday.

When the right girl comes along you'll know and you'll be ready. Until then, just have fun and don't stress over it.
I'm not thinking about this in the sense of "why haven't I accomplished anything." At least, not entirely. Its kind of just a shock and sudden realization of aging. Not that I'm old or anything. But more so the idea that I've been extremely close with this guy since he moved to town 16 years ago. Grew up with him from 3rd grade through high school. Went to college together and were roommates the first 2 years. He did ROTC and is in the Army now, so I see him sparingly (he's out in Washington State and has been for about a year and a half), but we keep in touch obviously. You hear a friend like that gets engaged and suddenly you have mental flashbacks of the two of you in high school, random road trips in college, playing little league, etc and you get this weird sense of really growing up right in that moment. Its just a surreal kind of feeling. In reality, I wouldn't want to be engaged to anyone right now. I'm 24. My parents were married at/around 25. Generally speaking I wouldn't be totally against the idea of married at 25/26-ish. But given where I am, I wouldn't dream of it. I don't have the money, and I have too much I still want to do with my life. I wouldn't mind being more on the path to something though, but it is what it is. I'm relatively content with where I'm at in life. But sometimes its just a strange feeling not knowing what direction you're headed in (in multiple facets of your life).

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyTheGr8 View Post
Don't sweat it dude. It took me til I was 36 to marry the right girl, and now at 37 I'm starting over career wise with radio. But I'm happy, and the future is bright. Never to late to figure it out, never to late to start over.
Oh yeah. Definitely agree. Its just weird for me because of the way my mind works. For the majority of my life, I've always set out some goals for myself ranging from small to big things. And I more or less accomplished every single one of them, even the lofty ones which really never even seemed feasible. The idea of setting out things and then getting it done or exceeding my goals was kind of a standard. This especially picked up in college. My plan late in my freshman year was getting one sports internship and finishing a two majors/concentrations in 4 years of college. My goals grew/changed over the years and long story short, I graduated having completed 3 majors, having done two internships, and planned out and successfully got into a grad school (even far exceeded their academic requirements). The part that freaks me out is that I have no goals/no plans, and just in general no clue where I want or am trying to go next. Uncertainty is what drives me nuts. Few other things do, but that's one of them. It's my current lack of direction that drives me nuts. I'm a rather patient, optimistic person. But that doesn't mean I don't question things from time to time. Going through one of those right now-ish, so don't take it so much as stressing over my situation as its really more confusion/analyzing for no real reason.

Quote:
Originally Posted by selyar View Post
nothing like some last minute nye plans. finally just figured it out.
I've discussed mine plenty. More or less know what I want to do. And I keep procrastinating on buying the ticket I need for the bar I'm trying to go. I think I've gone past last minute with this one. And it's not good. Even if its nothing crazy, nice job getting it figured out at least. I wish I was at that point (still kind of waiting for a response from one or two people before dropping money anywhere).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vick Vinegar View Post
I may be in the minority of 26 year old guys, but I really can't wait to get v married and start a family.
I agree in a general sense. 24 here, not 26, but I look forward to the married/start a family thing. I don't want to say "I can't wait" as in I want it to get here soon. But I do look forward to that point in my life. I'm just not overly eager for it now as I still have a few more adventures to go on before getting to that one. Definitely looking forward to that day/time. But still have plenty I want to do with life before then.

Quote:
I think millions of other young Americans feel the same way. You're definitely not alone.
Oh I'm not saying I'm unique in this situation. It's just strange. And all the millions of us can be forever alones together! Wooo!!!!

Old
12-30-2011, 05:59 PM
åboriginal
lou ****ing sucks

Send a message via MSN to åboriginal
so ive been growing out a gnarley beard for the past...while i guess. and all i want is people to stop asking me if i have birds or snack in it and be like this guy:

i crack up every time

Old
12-30-2011, 06:02 PM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Just don't have a nervous breakdown like Sergeant Popwell.

Old
12-30-2011, 06:03 PM
åboriginal
lou ****ing sucks

sometimes you just gotta break down

Old
12-30-2011, 06:05 PM
BrodeurRULES
RIP Lokomotiv

Quote:
Originally Posted by åboriginal View Post
so ive been growing out a gnarley beard for the past...while i guess. and all i want is people to stop asking me if i have birds or snack in it and be like this guy:

i crack up every time
Well do you?

Old
12-30-2011, 06:06 PM
åboriginal
lou ****ing sucks

of course when you do, youll need a theme song, id choose this

Old
12-30-2011, 06:06 PM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Quote:
Originally Posted by åboriginal View Post
sometimes you just gotta break down
Ok there, Tom Petty, you think what you want to.

Old
12-30-2011, 06:07 PM
åboriginal
lou ****ing sucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrodeurRULES View Post
Well do you?

haha i wish, though its not on par or near that awesomeness. my wife hates it. i think my bosses do too, but i dont think theyre legally allowed to tell me to shave. and they can cram it with walnuts even if they tried.

Old
12-30-2011, 06:11 PM
GM17*
ALL HAIL LORD FISH

Tried Foie Gras for the first time tonight for my appetizer

Fegato Grasso alle Cigliege
Seared grade A foie gras, deglazed with port, orange zest, brandied cherries and demiglaze, served on toasted brioche. 18.95

Cherries were a bit over sweet, but it was actually good. I'm a picky eater and was worried I'd not like it. It's like someone turned beef into a block of buttery-like fluff (even tho it's actually goose)

Old
12-30-2011, 06:12 PM
åboriginal
lou ****ing sucks

that **** is gooood

Old
12-30-2011, 06:13 PM
Tedenby21
Boo's Dangles

Quote:
Originally Posted by GM17 View Post
Tried Foie Gras for the first time tonight for my appetizer

Fegato Grasso alle Cigliege
Seared grade A foie gras, deglazed with port, orange zest, brandied cherries and demiglaze, served on toasted brioche. 18.95

Cherries were a bit over sweet, but it was actually good. I'm a picky eater and was worried I'd not like it. It's like someone turned beef into a block of buttery-like fluff (even tho it's actually goose)

Old
12-30-2011, 06:15 PM
GM17*
ALL HAIL LORD FISH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tedenby21 View Post
Felt like it haha

Closed Thread