HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Chicago Rat Hockey - Does anyone care if I suck?

Old
12-28-2011, 09:19 AM
Chicago Blues

vCash: 500
Chicago Rat Hockey - Does anyone care if I suck?

I played in house leagues through middle school and had to pretty much quit playing in high school because my tiny town didn't have a hockey team and no one wanted to play roller hockey in high school with me.

Now I'm in Chicago, I'm 27 and considering starting to play again - any advice for getting started? Will people care if I suck? I've played some roller hockey, and learned that I'm slow as ****, but serviceable.

Basically, just looking for any advice on getting back out on the ice, how to do it, where to do it, etc.

Chicago Blues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2011, 09:52 AM
rinkrat22

the rinks that I play at in Chicagoland as long as you are doing your best no one cares. I'm usually skating at either Darien or Romeoville rinks and we have a big mix of guys. From a former US Olympian and Former Pros to middle aged guys that never played before and see how much fun their kids are having and just took it up. Good luck.

rinkrat22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2011, 09:57 AM
Chicago Blues

Thanks, that's all i was looking for. I guess now I'll figure out how to pay for hockey equipment while saving for a wedding, while being a grad student - haha.

Chicago Blues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2011, 12:34 PM
mlsully

I just started playing rat hockey this year, and I have not that much experience. Played a lot when I was a kid, but that was over 20 years ago. So far everyone I have played with has been pretty supportive and no one really cares how good you are. You will always run into the ones that think they are better than everyone else and may give you lip, but they give everyone else lip too. Just get out and have fun. Check out http://www.rathockeychicago.org for a listing of rinks that have rat hockey around here.

mlsully is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2011, 07:25 PM
ProV1

https://www.facebook.com/bobbyhullcommunityicerink
If you are near Cicero, this is a great place to go.

ProV1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2011, 03:01 PM
shawn1331

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlsully View Post
...... You will always run into the ones that think they are better than everyone else......
Key word "think"

shawn1331 is offline   Reply With Quote