HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Wiz breaks ankle

Old
12-31-2011, 12:06 AM
FANonymous

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBJCougar View Post
Really, little Fan dude?? Ok. I'll make note of that....

If Fan breaks his ankle, he doesn't want a nurse. We will send someone else to pass out his meds and fluff his pillow. Someone like.... SCOTT HOWSON!!

There ya go.
Fortunately the CAHL D-level doesn't seem to feature shots at the same velocity as the NHL level.

Though once I did take an ankle shot from a guy at an adult drop-in that hurt pretty damn bad. I took it dead on from the front and it literally blew my foot out from under me and sent me down to the ice. It was towards the end of the session so there was only one guy left on the bench to rotate with. As I was hobbling over there to fall over the boards and out of play, a guy skated up behind me wanting to make a change, takes a look at me and says "Well I GUESS I can stay out!" and he wasn't joking. I wanted to tell him he can still ****ing skate so **** yeah he can stay out there, but I was in shock culminating from both the pain and the amazing amount of douchiness he conveyed in a single sentence.

FANonymous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2011, 03:55 AM
mt-svk
CBJ/OTT fan

Howson said that the changes are comming I hope that we will have some new players in the next game especially in the defense because I feel bad to have Clitsome and Johnson in the roster.

mt-svk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2011, 05:24 AM
CBJCougar

Quote:
Originally Posted by FANonymous View Post
Fortunately the CAHL D-level doesn't seem to feature shots at the same velocity as the NHL level.

Though once I did take an ankle shot from a guy at an adult drop-in that hurt pretty damn bad. I took it dead on from the front and it literally blew my foot out from under me and sent me down to the ice. It was towards the end of the session so there was only one guy left on the bench to rotate with. As I was hobbling over there to fall over the boards and out of play, a guy skated up behind me wanting to make a change, takes a look at me and says "Well I GUESS I can stay out!" and he wasn't joking. I wanted to tell him he can still ****ing skate so **** yeah he can stay out there, but I was in shock culminating from both the pain and the amazing amount of douchiness he conveyed in a single sentence.
Wow!! What a jerk that guy was!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mt-svk View Post
Howson said that the changes are comming I hope that we will have some new players in the next game especially in the defense because I feel bad to have Clitsome and Johnson in the roster.
Every team deals with injury each season. The job of the GM is to have depth. Do we have that?

CBJCougar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2011, 07:15 AM
mt-svk
CBJ/OTT fan

Quote:
Every team deals with injury each season. The job of the GM is to have depth. Do we have that?
Yes, but the teams have better depth than we. If our team have injury players... Good save Columbus.

Old
12-31-2011, 07:27 AM
BLONG7

Quote:
Trade for the Habs Weber, for Brassard?

BLONG7 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2011, 08:36 AM
mt-svk
CBJ/OTT fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLONG7 View Post
Trade for the Habs Weber, for Brassard?
Emelin and Weber for Brassard, why not?

Old
12-31-2011, 08:46 AM
Jaxs
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
In todays paper, Howson says, we will get through tonights game, then decide what to do. http://www.bluejacketsxtra.com/conte...six-weeks.html

Threin lies the problem, delayed reaction and manging from behind.

Granted having Johnson play tonight since he is the warm body that has been in the press box, isn't a big deal. Having no contingency plan from the start of this debacle of a season is.

Jaxs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2011, 09:00 AM
mt-svk
CBJ/OTT fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxs View Post
In todays paper, Howson says, we will get through tonights game, then decide what to do. http://www.bluejacketsxtra.com/conte...six-weeks.html

Granted having Johnson play tonight since he is the warm body that has been in the press box, isn't a big deal. Having no contingency plan from the start of this debacle of a season is.
I dont need the game against Caps to know whats happen. Our defense isnt good now and Johnson with Clitsome are AHL players.

Old
12-31-2011, 09:56 AM
gojackets1
Someday.

Quote:

Good to see Wiz is mentoring Moore, hes a hell of a lot better than Commie!

gojackets1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2011, 10:23 AM
mt-svk
CBJ/OTT fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by gojackets1 View Post
This... and this is another reason why Wiz injury is too bad for us.

Old
12-31-2011, 10:51 AM
Jaxs
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by gojackets1 View Post
With Al Iafrate teaching Moore the finer points of shooting the puck, he'll be whipped into shape in no time.

Old
12-31-2011, 11:28 AM
Columbus Mike
Next CBJ GM

vCash: 272
Quote:

Yeah, we should do a knee-jerk trade within 48 hours of a player getting injured. Just like Philadelphia did when they lost Pronger, right?

Columbus Mike is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2011, 11:38 AM
Jaxs
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Columbus Mike View Post
Yeah, we should do a knee-jerk trade within 48 hours of a player getting injured. Just like Philadelphia did when they lost Pronger, right?
No not at all, the progression of what has happened this season and the reactions from the people in charge is the problem. Always being a day late and a step behind is my point and that doesn't need to include a knee jerk trade.

Old
12-31-2011, 12:21 PM
Gagnefan924
Need Moar AmericanZ

Quote:
Emelin and Weber for Brassard, why not?
I want Emelin, definitely.

Gagnefan924 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2011, 12:50 PM
Columbus Mike
Next CBJ GM

vCash: 272
I don't disagree that moves should have been made weeks ago. I'm not going to pile on Howson for not finding a replacement for Wiz by tonight's game, however.

Columbus Mike is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2011, 12:54 PM
Jaxs
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Columbus Mike View Post
I don't disagree that moves should have been made weeks ago. I'm not going to pile on Howson for not finding a replacement for Wiz by tonight's game, however.
That was never the contention.

Old
12-31-2011, 01:32 PM
mt-svk
CBJ/OTT fan

I hope that the problems why any trade arent comming are bad offers than I understand.

Old
12-31-2011, 01:33 PM
FANonymous

Quote:
Wow!! What a jerk that guy was!!
Yeah. Makes for an amusing story now though. And I was only limping around for a few days/a week tops. Fortunately no real damage.

I wonder how much Wiz's mentoring has to do with Moore's newly confident play. I was VERY impressed with the backwards crossover skating to get the puck into the center of the ice leading to Vermette's goal in the previous game. That is REALLY difficult to do, and he was wheeling like nobody's business. Also, wasn't it Moore that flat out stepped around a forward that came barreling in on him a few games back?

Both plays are tough to do, and unlikely to be successful if you have no confidence.

FANonymous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2012, 04:05 PM
frito

Quote:
Originally Posted by FANonymous View Post
I wonder how much Wiz's mentoring has to do with Moore's newly confident play. I was VERY impressed with the backwards crossover skating to get the puck into the center of the ice leading to Vermette's goal in the previous game. That is REALLY difficult to do, and he was wheeling like nobody's business.
I absolutely loved that play. That is what I want to see a lot more of on the blue line. I have a kid on the peewee team I coach that has a booming shot like no other on the team but loathes defense (it's house so everybody plays everywhere). Anyway, I used that as an example of what he can do and still score goals. I had my assistant coach who is a heck of a better player than me demonstrate it for him at the end of practice.

frito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2012, 04:19 PM
CBJCougar

Quote:

That was a week ago. Have we decided what to do? Are we still deciding?

Old
01-06-2012, 04:42 PM
EDM

Meeting on January 16. I saw the agenda. Potential replacements for Wiz is the third item listed.

EDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2012, 04:45 PM
CBJCougar

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDM View Post
Meeting on January 16. I saw the agenda. Potential replacements for Wiz is the third item listed.
What are the first 2?

Old
01-06-2012, 04:49 PM
Crede777
Deputized

IMO, not finding a replacement for Wisniewski isn't the big screwup that Howson has had regarding the defense this season.

The big screwup was failing to find a replacement for Martinek when he suffered his concussion. At that point, Howson should have looked at our roster, noticed the significant lack of a 2nd pairing shutdown defenseman to put with Methot, and made a move.

Crede777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2012, 07:04 PM
Vitto79

when is he due back?

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2012, 07:10 PM
TaketheCannoli
RIP