HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Zack Kassian Discussion Pt. 3

Closed Thread

Old
03-04-2012, 11:37 AM
mrmyheadhurts
Registered Loser

vCash: 50
Zack Kassian Discussion Pt. 3

Continue...

Old
03-04-2012, 11:38 AM
Rooooooooooxxxanne*

vCash: 500
I like him with Booth and Kesler, compared to Raymond with Booth and Kesler.

Old
03-04-2012, 11:38 AM
Bieksa#3

Is part of the reason why AV hasn't already played Kassian in a top 6 role because he might not be conditioned for those many minutes right now?

He's a big body who plays physical

Old
03-04-2012, 11:43 AM
Horse
Go Canucks!

Start the Kassian hype train! I'm sold.
He's looked really good so far. If he can keep up even half the effort I think he can be a valueable part of our cup run. I can't believe how good his skating is (like others have already mentioned).

Old
03-04-2012, 11:50 AM
roach9

He has been the best Canuck in his games as a Canuck.

What a turnaround of emotion...

Old
03-04-2012, 11:54 AM
leafspring*

He will give some very good play-off minutes for you guys,and handle players who want to jerk around your star players. He will i suspect become very valuable with you guys.

He has a dirty streak/temper that he will be able to tune some in time though!

Old
03-04-2012, 11:59 AM
MrFunnyWobbl
Show Me Your TDs

Send a message via AIM to MrFunnyWobbl
He should knock some sense into the Sedins

Old
03-04-2012, 12:00 PM
Bobby Lou
We Surrender

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henrik2Daniel View Post
I like him with Booth and Kesler, compared to Raymond with Booth and Kesler.
Ya, I'm pretty convinced that line just needs to generate shots. Both goals came off rebounds in and around the crease. Raymond just doesn't generate enough around the net for guys like Kesler and Booth to cash in on. Kassian, on the other hand, is a bull and I think he may have some underrated passing abilities.

I don't know why people call him slow; Steve Bernier is slow, Kassian is actually relatively fast for his size...evidenced by the fact he can throw a mean hit pretty regularly bearing down on guys.

Old
03-04-2012, 12:01 PM
y2kcanucks
Cult of Personality

Send a message via AIM to y2kcanucks
Keep in mind too though, Kassian was playing on adrenaline facing his former team. While its definitely great he played well last night, I'd like to see some sustained offense out of him.

Old
03-04-2012, 12:02 PM
Wetcoaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by y2kcanucks View Post
Keep in mind too though, Kassian was playing on adrenaline facing his former team. While its definitely great he played well last night, I'd like to see some sustained offense out of him.
??? Seriously?

Old
03-04-2012, 12:04 PM
givemeda411

I still have a long ways to go before I make up my mind. To consider him "lucic" type player I want to see him through a huge hit, see him fight and win, see him play with the twins on the powerplay, maintain this level play or higher till the playoffs. I remember when raymond played his first 10 games this year and he looked great, now he looks like he doesn't belong on the team. But Kassian is showing good signs.

Old
03-04-2012, 12:06 PM
mrmyheadhurts
Registered Loser

vCash: 50
Quote:
I am not looking, nor am I expecting, sustained offense from Kassian. I'm looking for consistant effort and physical play, any offense will be a bonus. He is still very young and will need some time to develop as a consistant offensive threat.

I like how AV has started him on the 4th and then thrown him in the top 6 when necessary.

Old
03-04-2012, 12:08 PM
CloutierForVezina

He doesn't lose puck battles, he's physical, he's defensively responsible and he has a decent set of hands and eyes. He's willing and able to play on any of the lines, 1 through 4.

It's easy to see why coaches like AV would fall in love with what he can bring. He'll never win an Art Ross or score 50g but he's still a wonderful luxury to have in your lineup.

Old
03-04-2012, 12:14 PM
vanwest

In the St. Louis game he was the only player I can recall who got open twice in the slot for great scoring chances. There's definitely some offensive instincts there and his ability to get to those dirty areas in front of the net is a good sign.

He may have lost some confidence in Buffalo. Keep in mind, the Sabres were picked to be one of the top teams in the East. It looks like a lot of their leaders didn't bring consistency either. That's a tough position for a 20 year old rookie with such high expectations. Hodgson at least played with players who brought a high effort almost every night.

Old
03-04-2012, 12:14 PM
Tiranis

Quote:
Originally Posted by givemeda411 View Post
To consider him "lucic" type player I want to see him through a huge hit, see him fight and win, see him play with the twins on the powerplay, maintain this level play or higher till the playoffs.
So you're looking for a superman on skates, not a player that actually exists.

Old
03-04-2012, 12:19 PM
Drop the Sopel
Feaster famine

Quote:
This is exactly it though, he showed he's capable of tracking down players and crushing them when he wants to. I don't expect 3 hits a game during the regular season but come playoff time when the adrenaline kicks in, he can play this type of game.

Kassian has the footspeed, maneuverability and anticipation to hit good skaters. Throw in the sheer impact he generates with that size and you've got a guy that can and will hurt opposing players. Have to like that over a 7 game series.

Old
03-04-2012, 12:26 PM
y2kcanucks
Cult of Personality

Send a message via AIM to y2kcanucks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drop the Sopel View Post
This is exactly it though, he showed he's capable of tracking down players and crushing them when he wants to. I don't expect 3 hits a game during the regular season but come playoff time when the adrenaline kicks in, he can play this type of game.

Kassian has the footspeed, maneuverability and anticipation to hit good skaters. Throw in the sheer impact he generates with that size and you've got a guy that can and will hurt opposing players. Have to like that over a 7 game series.
Except if he's not providing anything offensively then how is he any better than Raffi Torres?

I don't expect he will provide much offense which is why I was upset about the trade, especially the timing of it.

03-04-2012, 12:28 PM
CpatainCanuck

Quote:
Except if he's not providing anything offensively then how is he any better than Raffi Torres?

I don't expect he will provide much offense which is why I was upset about the trade, especially the timing of it.
Surely you've noticed that Kassian is actually a fairly skilled player, and thinks the game well to boot? Torres is a caveman in comparison.

Old
03-04-2012, 12:28 PM
VanEric

If he keeps playing anywhere near the level he's been playing, he'll get points.

Old
03-04-2012, 12:44 PM
Tiranis

Quote:

Cody has 3 points in his last 16 games. Kassian also has 3 points in that same timespan. One of those players gets regular PP time the other gets none.

Old
03-04-2012, 12:55 PM
Wetcoaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloutierForVezina View Post
He doesn't lose puck battles, he's physical, he's defensively responsible and he has a decent set of hands and eyes. He's willing and able to play on any of the lines, 1 through 4.

It's easy to see why coaches like AV would fall in love with what he can bring. He'll never win an Art Ross or score 50g but he's still a wonderful luxury to have in your lineup.
His defensive positioning and skating have been the two most unexpected elements.

Old
03-04-2012, 12:57 PM
Wetcoaster

Quote:

Thus far in March he has already put up 2/3s of Hodgson's entire February offensive output.

Old
03-04-2012, 01:03 PM
Huntershin Karuk
Horvat is Horfat

“I’d trade my two points for the team getting two points,” said Kassian. “It was definitely disappointing.”

That's what I like to hear.

Old
03-04-2012, 01:07 PM
Wetcoaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDK View Post
“I’d trade my two points for the team getting two points,” said Kassian. “It was definitely disappointing.”

"I'd trade the team two points for me getting two points. It was definitely disappointing" ~ Cody Hodgson.

Old
03-04-2012, 01:08 PM
croutonsinmysalad

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDK View Post

Dude's a team player. I can't wait to see him tear it up in the playoffs.

Closed Thread