HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Canucks Injury Thread: Sedin indefinite (concussion), Rome out 7-10 days (knee)

Closed Thread

Old
01-14-2012, 01:56 PM
thepuckmonster
on the decline

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Lou View Post
Hrm, Kesler caught that stick in the face last game, and was bloodied. Hopefully just a maintenance day for him.
Hopefully. Though for the first time in as long as I can remember being a Canucks fan I'm not worried about the fill-in for 2C. Hodgson has great chemistry with Booth and Higgins, I'm curious to see if that can pan out into something more give more minutes.

That, and I wouldn't be surprised if Kesler's hip is acting up again. He doesn't look like himself out there.

Old
01-14-2012, 02:12 PM
PG Canuck

vCash: 1512
If Booth doesn't get any crap from that dog (reading he got bit by a dog made me lol), is he ready to play Sunday?

Old
01-14-2012, 02:22 PM
Crows*

Booth is " good to go"
Looks like Hel play tomorrow

Ebett had a 4 inch steel plate put in his collarbone . Surgeon said worst he had ever seen .

Old
01-14-2012, 02:25 PM
Kagee*

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaximLapierre View Post
If Booth doesn't get any crap from that dog (reading he got bit by a dog made me lol), is he ready to play Sunday?
yup,
Quote:
Booth has given trainers the green light for his return. Vigneault will talk to him today.

Old
01-14-2012, 02:27 PM
thepuckmonster
on the decline

Yaay, Booth is back!

#GodBless

Old
01-14-2012, 04:36 PM
Sedinery2011

Booooooooooooooooth!

Old
01-14-2012, 05:20 PM
ddawg1950

Be nice to see three scoring lines again.

Old
01-14-2012, 05:24 PM
thepuckmonster
on the decline

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddawg1950 View Post
Be nice to see three scoring lines again.
Our healthy offense hasn't been whole since late November.

God I miss it.

I'm not expecting Booth to light it up against Anaheim as I'm sure his knee can't handle it right away, so I'm willing to give him a couple games to re-adjust.

It'll be nice though since Booth is the one that got a lot of out of Kesler and he's been struggling the last few games.

Old
01-14-2012, 05:28 PM
ddawg1950

Quote:
Originally Posted by thepuckmonster View Post
Our healthy offense hasn't been whole since late November.

God I miss it.

I'm not expecting Booth to light it up against Anaheim as I'm sure his knee can't handle it right away, so I'm willing to give him a couple games to re-adjust.

It'll be nice though since Booth is the one that got a lot of out of Kesler and he's been struggling the last few games.
True.

And as far as offense goes, love Edler and all that, but Sammi adds that wicked slap shot.

Kesler looks injured to me. He isn't skating that well and he isn't seeing the ice that well.

As for Booth, it took him a few games to adjust to our system and I agree it will take him a few games to get 'er going again. But our schedule should help with all of that.

Old
01-14-2012, 05:29 PM
thepuckmonster
on the decline

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddawg1950 View Post
True.

And as far as offense goes, love Edler and all that, but Sammi adds that wicked slap shot.

Kesler looks injured to me. He isn't skating that well and he isn't seeing the ice that well.

As for Booth, it took him a few games to adjust to our system and I agree it will take him a few games to get 'er going again. But our schedule should help with all of that.
I'm willing to bet Kesler's hip is nagging him. Not enough of an injury to sideline him, but the ASG break and a homestand should allow him to heal up a bit.

Old
01-14-2012, 05:35 PM
Samzilla

vCash: 934
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crows View Post
Booth is " good to go"
Looks like Hel play tomorrow

Ebett had a 4 inch steel plate put in his collarbone . Surgeon said worst he had ever seen .
That means his collarbone will be ridiculously strong now......right?

Old
01-14-2012, 05:51 PM
Wetcoaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samzilla View Post
That means his collarbone will be ridiculously strong now......right?
Yeah but look at all the problems he is going to have going through airport scanners.

Old
01-14-2012, 07:08 PM
flack

Ebbet's broken collar bone just demonstrates the Bruins playing to hurt...more inexcuse for Marchands hit.

Old
01-14-2012, 07:12 PM
thepuckmonster
on the decline

Quote:
Originally Posted by flack View Post
Ebbet's broken collar bone just demonstrates the Bruins playing to hurt...more inexcuse for Marchands hit.
The Seidenberg hit was clean, nothing dirty about it. Seidenberg didn't intend to hurt Ebbett, I'm pretty sure 99 percent of people agree with it. He's a small guy, Seidenberg's a big guy and Ebbett took the hit weird. Not DS44's fault.

Old
01-14-2012, 07:16 PM
flack

Quote:
Originally Posted by thepuckmonster View Post
The Seidenberg hit was clean, nothing dirty about it. Seidenberg didn't intend to hurt Ebbett, I'm pretty sure 99 percent of people agree with it. He's a small guy, Seidenberg's a big guy and Ebbett took the hit weird. Not DS44's fault.
I don't really care if it was intent or not they were throwing HARD hits all over the place... I know for that particular play there was no intention but their team as a whole the way they were playing was basically "intending to hurt". That hit shows how the Bruins style(extremely hard hitting, slashing, punching, and pushing) can hurt our players. They weren't playing as rough against any other team this year.

Old
01-14-2012, 07:51 PM
timw33

Can't wait for Booth to push Duco out of the lineup.

No offence to Duco, he's played decent enough in his time, but I'd rather have 12 legit NHL forwards, no more Oreskovich's, Duco's, Mancari's, Glass's, etc on that 4th line making that line a bit of a liability.

4 solid lines please.

Old
01-14-2012, 07:52 PM
Verviticus

vCash: 695
Quote:
I don't really care if it was intent or not they were throwing HARD hits all over the place... I know for that particular play there was no intention but their team as a whole the way they were playing was basically "intending to hurt". That hit shows how the Bruins style(extremely hard hitting, slashing, punching, and pushing) can hurt our players. They weren't playing as rough against any other team this year.
everyone hits to hurt man

if you gave players a scale of "how hard do you want to hit someone" and it was 1-100 and 60-100 had a chance of injury to the receiving party that increased with the harder hits every single player in the league, bar none, would immediately answer 100

Old
01-14-2012, 07:53 PM
Verviticus

Quote:
Originally Posted by timw33 View Post
Can't wait for Booth to push Duco out of the lineup.

No offence to Duco, he's played decent enough in his time, but I'd rather have 12 legit NHL forwards, no more Oreskovich's, Duco's, Mancari's, Glass's, etc on that 4th line making that line a bit of a liability.

4 solid lines please.
duco has actually looked better than weise from a Man Who Hockeys standpoint

Old
01-14-2012, 08:05 PM
flack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verviticus View Post
everyone hits to hurt man

if you gave players a scale of "how hard do you want to hit someone" and it was 1-100 and 60-100 had a chance of injury to the receiving party that increased with the harder hits every single player in the league, bar none, would immediately answer 100
The main purpose of hitting I believe is to wear the teams down and not to hurt. As for the players themselves there are always certainly players on almost every team that does hit to hurt...but that game vs Boston you can see their mentality playing that game and the way they were hitting, it is pretty clear what their intentions were.

Old
01-14-2012, 08:08 PM
Moore Money

Booth - Hodgson - Kesler

please AV please.

Old
01-14-2012, 08:10 PM
flack

ooops wrong thread please delete.

Old
01-14-2012, 08:17 PM
Verviticus

Quote:
The main purpose of hitting I believe is to wear the teams down and not to hurt. As for the players themselves there are always certainly players on almost every team that does hit to hurt...but that game vs Boston you can see their mentality playing that game and the way they were hitting, it is pretty clear what their intentions were.
just because a player defines it as "wear them down" has nothing to do with what they are actually trying to do which is hit someone hard enough that it has a chance of hurting them

there's nothing that seidenberg did that any other player in the league wouldn't do given the size difference and positioning

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j19FwazP64U
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Xu6Q...eature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5lZLI...eature=related

obviously there's an implicit statement when I say that all players are trying to do this - some players straight up just don't hit because they aren't good at it, aren't comfortable doing it or they are too small - but all "good hitters" are going to hit someone as hard as they possibly can

my point in all of this is that you can't attribute some sort of malice to seidenberg that you can't also attribute to five or six canucks and dozens of other players around the league, and it's disingenuous to try to separate them. since everybody accepts this risk as part of the game, its easier to ignore those hits and focus on the ones that are delivered to defenceless players

Old
01-14-2012, 08:29 PM
flack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verviticus View Post
just because a player defines it as "wear them down" has nothing to do with what they are actually trying to do which is hit someone hard enough that it has a chance of hurting them

there's nothing that seidenberg did that any other player in the league wouldn't do given the size difference and positioning

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j19FwazP64U
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Xu6Q...eature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5lZLI...eature=related

obviously there's an implicit statement when I say that all players are trying to do this - some players straight up just don't hit because they aren't good at it, aren't comfortable doing it or they are too small - but all "good hitters" are going to hit someone as hard as they possibly can

my point in all of this is that you can't attribute some sort of malice to seidenberg that you can't also attribute to five or six canucks and dozens of other players around the league, and it's disingenuous to try to separate them. since everybody accepts this risk as part of the game, its easier to ignore those hits and focus on the ones that are delivered to defenceless players
Yea I get your point I understand I'm not pointing the finger specifically at Seidenberg. What I meant was that injury is an example of a game where the style of play Bruins as a whole against us (more physical, aggressive, pushing/shoving/slashing than against other teams) is a collective intention to injure our entire team. I apologize if I sounded like Seidenberg stood out than the rest.

Old
01-14-2012, 09:29 PM
ZyggZagg

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoolChamp View Post
Booth - Hodgson - Kesler

please AV please.
I would rather Higgins or Raymond over Booth. Aside from the fact that Booth will need to get back up to speed, I think Hodgson has looked much better with both Higgins and Raymond than Booth, even though Booth is the better player IMO

Old
01-14-2012, 10:39 PM
Kagee*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wetcoaster View Post
Yeah but look at all the problems he is going to have going through airport scanners.

poor fella.

Closed Thread