HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Canucks Injury Thread: Sedin indefinite (concussion), Rome out 7-10 days (knee)

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-08-2012, 03:03 PM
  #401
Crows*
 
Crows*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,307
vCash: 500
Looks like hodgson might be our 2nd line centre

Crows* is offline  
Old
02-08-2012, 03:05 PM
  #402
Wetcoaster
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Out There
Posts: 54,911
vCash: 500
Ironman streak in danger.

Wetcoaster is offline  
Old
02-08-2012, 03:12 PM
  #403
Luck 6
\\_______
 
Luck 6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 7,299
vCash: 500
Probably just bad swelling.. He may miss a game or two though. I could care less about his iron man streak, go take a damn rest for a week and come back fresh.

Luck 6 is online now  
Old
02-08-2012, 03:14 PM
  #404
Wetcoaster
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Out There
Posts: 54,911
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luck 6 View Post
Probably just bad swelling.. He may miss a game or two though. I could care less about his iron man streak, go take a damn rest for a week and come back fresh.
A good Canadian kid would suck it up and play, amirite?

Wetcoaster is offline  
Old
02-08-2012, 03:15 PM
  #405
Drop the Sopel
Feaster famine
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: calgary
Posts: 15,394
vCash: 500
The obvious course of action I guess is a callup to replace Henrik?

Pack your bags Mike Duco.

Drop the Sopel is online now  
Old
02-08-2012, 03:19 PM
  #406
aandbreatheme
Registered User
 
aandbreatheme's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 9,238
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luck 6 View Post
Probably just bad swelling.. He may miss a game or two though. I could care less about his iron man streak, go take a damn rest for a week and come back fresh.
This.

aandbreatheme is offline  
Old
02-08-2012, 03:29 PM
  #407
thepuckmonster
Moderator
on the decline
 
thepuckmonster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Victoria, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,692
vCash: 500
Emergency recall time? I say bring up Schroeder:

Daniel-Kesler-Burrows (I'm okay with this)
Booth-Hodgson-Raymond (Also okay with this)
Lapierre-Schroeder-Hansen (could be decent...)
Ballard/Alberts-Malhotra-Bitz (might as well try Ballard at forward, can't be worse than Alberts)

Hamhuis-Bieksa
Edler-Salo
Rome-Sulzer

Ginger Jesus

thepuckmonster is online now  
Old
02-08-2012, 03:36 PM
  #408
BloatedGuppy
Registered User
 
BloatedGuppy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,935
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by thepuckmonster View Post
Emergency recall time? I say bring up Schroeder:

Daniel-Kesler-Burrows (I'm okay with this)
Booth-Hodgson-Raymond (Also okay with this)
Lapierre-Schroeder-Hansen (could be decent...)
Ballard/Alberts-Malhotra-Bitz (might as well try Ballard at forward, can't be worse than Alberts)

Hamhuis-Bieksa
Edler-Salo
Rome-Sulzer

Ginger Jesus
You're putting in Alberts at forward over Weise?

Weise isn't THAT bad for god's sake. He was actually pretty good in Nashville.

BloatedGuppy is offline  
Old
02-08-2012, 03:41 PM
  #409
CommonMeans*
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,319
vCash: 500
If he is out for an extended period Laps will be filling in as the third line center; Malhotra as the 4th line center.

CommonMeans* is offline  
Old
02-08-2012, 03:41 PM
  #410
thepuckmonster
Moderator
on the decline
 
thepuckmonster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Victoria, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,692
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BloatedGuppy View Post
You're putting in Alberts at forward over Weise?

Weise isn't THAT bad for god's sake. He was actually pretty good in Nashville.
I'm assuming Weise is out. He didn't practice today.

thepuckmonster is online now  
Old
02-08-2012, 03:43 PM
  #411
CommonMeans*
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,319
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by thepuckmonster View Post
I'm assuming Weise is out. He didn't practice today.
Shroeder will not be put at center if called up. You'd be inviting him to fail. You put him on the wing and hope he adapts relatively quickly.

CommonMeans* is offline  
Old
02-08-2012, 03:47 PM
  #412
aandbreatheme
Registered User
 
aandbreatheme's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 9,238
vCash: 500
So both Higgins and Hank will be out.... Hope Hank takes as much as time as he needs. No rush for him to come back right away.

aandbreatheme is offline  
Old
02-08-2012, 03:49 PM
  #413
Tim Calhoun
Tim Calhoun
 
Join Date: May 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,032
vCash: 325
Quote:
Originally Posted by CommonMeans View Post
Shroeder will not be put at center if called up. You'd be inviting him to fail. You put him on the wing and hope he adapts relatively quickly.
Schroeder has struggled as a winger in the AHL.

Tim Calhoun is offline  
Old
02-08-2012, 03:49 PM
  #414
thepuckmonster
Moderator
on the decline
 
thepuckmonster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Victoria, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,692
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by andbreatheme View Post
So both Higgins and Hank will be out.... Hope Hank takes as much as time as he needs. No rush for him to come back right away.
Ehh, he should probably sit out. But we're talking about the guy who cut off the tip of his finger during the lockout while playing for MoDo so he could finish up the game.

thepuckmonster is online now  
Old
02-08-2012, 03:50 PM
  #415
Lard_Lad
Registered User
 
Lard_Lad's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Kelowna
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,678
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luck 6 View Post
Probably just bad swelling.. He may miss a game or two though. I could care less about his iron man streak, go take a damn rest for a week and come back fresh.
I'd be willing to lose him for a game or two to end that stupid streak. Playing hurt to keep that damn thing going is inviting disaster.

Lard_Lad is offline  
Old
02-08-2012, 03:50 PM
  #416
thepuckmonster
Moderator
on the decline
 
thepuckmonster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Victoria, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,692
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Calhoun View Post
Schroeder has struggled as a winger in the AHL.
Not to mention it's best to call him up when we have a position that he plays naturally available.

Minnesota is still struggling, this is a great time to see what Shredder can do.

thepuckmonster is online now  
Old
02-08-2012, 03:51 PM
  #417
CommonMeans*
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,319
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Calhoun View Post
Schroeder has struggled as a winger in the AHL.
Shroeder has struggled. I doubt he even gets called up. BUT, if he is, he becomes much less of a liability on the wing.

CommonMeans* is offline  
Old
02-08-2012, 03:52 PM
  #418
arsmaster
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 16,816
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by thepuckmonster View Post
Not to mention it's best to call him up when we have a position that he plays naturally available.

Minnesota is still struggling, this is a great time to see what Shredder can do.
A game in his home state as his first NHL game would be great.

arsmaster is online now  
Old
02-08-2012, 03:52 PM
  #419
Lucbourdon
Kefka cheers for Van
 
Lucbourdon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 39,542
vCash: 50
well there goes the iron man streak

Lucbourdon is offline  
Old
02-08-2012, 03:56 PM
  #420
Jevo
Registered User
 
Jevo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Country: Denmark
Posts: 2,477
vCash: 500
If the speculation about Henrik playing hurt since the ASG have any truth to them, this could be a blessing in disguise as long as it ain't anything serious of course. Serious injuries are never good. Hopefully it's just a bruise and he'll recover quickly.

Jevo is online now  
Old
02-08-2012, 03:58 PM
  #421
aandbreatheme
Registered User
 
aandbreatheme's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 9,238
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lard_Lad View Post
I'd be willing to lose him for a game or two to end that stupid streak. Playing hurt to keep that damn thing going is inviting disaster.
Henrik isn't an idiot and we're not in a critical situation regarding the standings. He'll sit out if he's hurt.

aandbreatheme is offline  
Old
02-08-2012, 03:59 PM
  #422
ddawg1950
Registered User
 
ddawg1950's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 9,741
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucbourdon View Post
well there goes the iron man streak
I'll let a certain non physical defenseman who has never made the playoffs have that title. And as for the playoffs a little enforced rest for Henrik would not be a bad thing...either for him or the team.

ddawg1950 is offline  
Old
02-08-2012, 04:00 PM
  #423
arsmaster
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 16,816
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jevo View Post
If the speculation about Henrik playing hurt since the ASG have any truth to them, this could be a blessing in disguise as long as it ain't anything serious of course. Serious injuries are never good. Hopefully it's just a bruise and he'll recover quickly.
I've never heard of a 'walking boot' being used for a 'bruise'.

arsmaster is online now  
Old
02-08-2012, 04:04 PM
  #424
Amused To Death
Registered User
 
Amused To Death's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Victoria
Country: Vatican City State
Posts: 1,283
vCash: 1335
Quote:
Originally Posted by CommonMeans View Post
Shroeder has struggled. I doubt he even gets called up. BUT, if he is, he becomes much less of a liability on the wing.
True I suppose, but he'd also be less likely to be a contributing factor on the wing than in the middle.

Amused To Death is offline  
Old
02-08-2012, 04:07 PM
  #425
Scurr
Registered User
 
Scurr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Whalley
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,717
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by arsmaster View Post
I've never heard of a 'walking boot' being used for a 'bruise'.
Chances are they won't know whether it's broken or not until the swelling goes down, hence the boot.

Scurr is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:26 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.