HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Notices

Canucks Injury Thread: Sedin indefinite (concussion), Rome out 7-10 days (knee)

Closed Thread

Old
03-26-2012, 12:39 PM
Mr. Canucklehead
Mod Supervisor
Kitimat Canuck

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by xtr3m View Post
Ballard is currently skating with Alberts, fourth pairing.
Good news if he's close to returning. Ballard > Rome, Alberts, Gragnani.

Old
03-26-2012, 01:32 PM
Alicat
Charge!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thepuckmonster View Post
I think that in his absence Henrik has really upped his level, he's put up 3 points in the 2 games Daniel was out. He also was getting a bit chippy too, which is nice to see.

The fact Bergeron doesn't seem to have suffered a long-term detriment from his concussion is definitely positive and hopefully Daniel can do the same.

But it does really seem like theye winning it for Danny right now.
That should be their battle cry until he comes back. You'd be surprised how ramped up it makes them. We did it for Savvy all season and honestly I do think it played a role in our success.

Bergeron is just now starting to produce the way he was pre-concussion but he is still below what he was.

It doesn't sound like Daniel's injury is quite as severe (Bergeron broke his nose and vertebrae as well) but then again you never know with concussions.

Best thing to do is keep the "win it for Daniel" attitude and keep expectations at bay for when he returns.

I want a rematch and I want him in it. If that makes sense.

I am Boston Strong

Old
03-26-2012, 01:41 PM
Lundface

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alycat View Post
That should be their battle cry until he comes back. You'd be surprised how ramped up it makes them. We did it for Savvy all season and honestly I do think it played a role in our success.

Bergeron is just now starting to produce the way he was pre-concussion but he is still below what he was.

It doesn't sound like Daniel's injury is quite as severe (Bergeron broke his nose and vertebrae as well) but then again you never know with concussions.

Best thing to do is keep the "win it for Daniel" attitude and keep expectations at bay for when he returns.

I want a rematch and I want him in it. If that makes sense.
Vancouver has had plenty to rally around. The loss of Bourdon was a big one. The loss of Rypein is another one. Trying to win for Sundin I guess would classify as well.

Old
03-26-2012, 01:51 PM
Alicat
Charge!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundface View Post
Vancouver has had plenty to rally around. The loss of Bourdon was a big one. The loss of Rypein is another one. Trying to win for Sundin I guess would classify as well.
I think with Daniel it is a little different this time around. (it sounds way worse than I intend it to be because I am most certainly agree that those losses were and are still big for the organization).

Honestly,as a hockey fan first, I want nothing more than for him to get better.

You guys were so good to us when our guys went down (yes, even about Horton) just want to be there for you guys or any team facing this kind of thing.

Old
03-26-2012, 04:17 PM
mdobbs

Quote:
I think with Daniel it is a little different this time around. (it sounds way worse than I intend it to be because I am most certainly agree that those losses were and are still big for the organization).

You guys were so good to us when our guys went down (yes, even about Horton) just want to be there for you guys or any team facing this kind of thing.
Appreciate the support.

If this team can raise its game anywhere near the level the Bs did after Horton went down they could be a scary force. Sometimes it takes something significant to get a sleeping team going.

Old
03-26-2012, 04:19 PM
aandbreatheme

When/How did Ballard suffer a concussion? Did he take a hard hit? I don't really remember him being hurt, and he's been gone for over 20 games. Just makes me dread Daniel's situation even more.

Old
03-26-2012, 05:05 PM
xtr3m

Quote:
Originally Posted by andbreatheme View Post
When/How did Ballard suffer a concussion? Did he take a hard hit? I don't really remember him being hurt, and he's been gone for over 20 games. Just makes me dread Daniel's situation even more.
He fought a lot.

Old
03-26-2012, 05:37 PM
Just another pawn

vCash: 1350
Quote:
Gillis apparently threw a briefcase stuffed with 4.2 million at Ballard which knocked him unconscious.

Old
03-26-2012, 05:41 PM
Luck 6
\\_______

Quote:
I don't think we can really count Ballard... Keep in mind we aren't able to re-activate him until playoffs, for all we know he's ready to go right now but is being held back a bit for salary cap reasons.

Old
03-26-2012, 06:56 PM
Bougieman

Am I taking crazy pills this week? This is the 4th Boston fan that I've witnessed either here or in my real life being overtly nice and saying supportive things about the Canucks. It's pretty awesome, I must say.

Seemed like the Canucks were the "bad guys" in the NHL for awhile, and now in the last number of months people seem to be looking that way at the Bruins. Maybe that perception is doing something to bring our fanbases together? Probably not, but if so, I like it.

Old
03-26-2012, 06:58 PM
DFAC

Quote:

Kudos to you sir!

Old
03-26-2012, 07:38 PM
SedBurrKesHiggLappy
The Kassassin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just another pawn View Post
Gillis apparently threw a briefcase stuffed with 4.2 million at Ballard which knocked him unconscious.
I nearly spilled my coffee.

Old
03-26-2012, 07:53 PM
Dana Murzyn

[Daniel's] spirits are always good, said Henrik. Hes the most positive person you can meet. He thinks its always sunny in Vancouver. Thats the kind of guy he is.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sport...rticle2381736/

Old
03-26-2012, 07:57 PM
David71

come back soon ballard.

Old
03-26-2012, 08:01 PM
SoulReaper
Cake is a LIE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundface View Post
I thought Sundin somehow died without me knowing when I saw this.

Then again, what does Sundin has to do with anything for Canucks really..

Old
03-26-2012, 08:17 PM
Alicat
Charge!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bougieman View Post
Am I taking crazy pills this week? This is the 4th Boston fan that I've witnessed either here or in my real life being overtly nice and saying supportive things about the Canucks. It's pretty awesome, I must say.

Seemed like the Canucks were the "bad guys" in the NHL for awhile, and now in the last number of months people seem to be looking that way at the Bruins. Maybe that perception is doing something to bring our fanbases together? Probably not, but if so, I like it.
Nope not crazy. Bruins fans offer a unique perspective on concussions. The organization does as well by keeping a player out no matter how ready they feel until the doctors deem it ok.

Stuff like this, team colors go out the window.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DFAC View Post
Kudos to you sir!
Lady

Old
03-26-2012, 08:25 PM
aandbreatheme

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dana Murzyn View Post
[Daniel's] spirits are always good, said Henrik. Hes the most positive person you can meet. He thinks its always sunny in Vancouver. Thats the kind of guy he is.

Aw, keep up the high spirits Daniel!

Old
03-26-2012, 08:37 PM
DennisReynolds
the implication

Ballard makes our D look so much better.

Old
03-26-2012, 10:43 PM
timw33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just another pawn View Post
Post of the year.

Old
03-27-2012, 12:08 AM
Edonator
The Mightiest Club

The Bergeron comparisons are a bit off.

Getting your face driven into the glass like he did is worse than an elbow. Scientifically, or whatever you call it, I may be wrong. But it seems like the Keith elbow should do less damage.

Old
03-27-2012, 12:13 AM
Wetcoaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by great_one98 View Post
The Bergeron comparisons are a bit off.

Getting your face driven into the glass like he did is worse than an elbow. Scientifically, or whatever you call it, I may be wrong. But it seems like the Keith elbow should do less damage.
That does not follow. It is a completely individual thing as to how a person reacts to a concussion.

Old
03-27-2012, 12:19 AM
Edonator
The Mightiest Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wetcoaster View Post
That does not follow. It is a completely individual thing as to how a person reacts to a concussion.
The amount of force exerted on the point of contact, the head, has to be higher on the Bergeron hit.

Old
03-27-2012, 12:19 AM
Wetcoaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luck 6 View Post
I don't think we can really count Ballard... Keep in mind we aren't able to re-activate him until playoffs, for all we know he's ready to go right now but is being held back a bit for salary cap reasons.
It does not sound that way at all. Ballard has had a very tough time of it. He had to cease all activity at the end of February.
Keith Ballard’s concussion occurred on two light bodychecks, when the Vancouver Canucks defenceman played 24 shifts and 16:08 against the Colorado Avalanche on the road Feb. 4. Three nights later - as Ballard began to realize something was definitely wrong- he played another 23 shifts, for 16:12 on the ice.

Ballard was then ensnared in the hall-of-mirrors of a nasty concussion. Headaches, dizziness, sleeping 16 hours a day. A light workout would make him sick. By the end of February, after setbacks, Ballard was forced to go still.

“It took a while, completely shutting down, to get symptom free, and then I slowly built up from there,” said Ballard after a morning skate on Monday.

Old
03-27-2012, 12:20 AM
lindgren

Quote:
The amount of force exerted on the point of contact, the head, has to be higher on the Bergeron hit.
Maybe (it isn't clear to me), but the amount of force is not the same thing as the amount of damage, which, as Wetcoaster points out, varies with the individual.

Old
03-27-2012, 12:21 AM
Tiranis

Quote:
Not necessarily.

Closed Thread