HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Mike Weaver agrees to 2 yr Extension

Old
12-31-2011, 03:15 AM
SoupyFIN
Global Moderator
#CatsAren'tComing

vCash: 40000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Montsy14 View Post
1.1 mill per year....great deal.
Man, I was sure Tallon would pay him double or triple times that.

That's a steal.

SoupyFIN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2011, 08:36 AM
Georgia Panther

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Markstrom Rules View Post
If it doesn't make sense sitting ellerby, how does it make sense sitting robak who is even younger and less experienced? There are going to be injuries....I don't see the need to bring Robak up next season. Our blueline prospects can wait a few years, it will only be beneficial.
Well, I think we can both agree it doesn't make sense to not play a top prospect whether it's Ellerby or Robak. Someone is going to be traded, either Ellerby or one of the six d-men currently playing. You can always find a vet d-man to act as a spare in free agency.

Georgia Panther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2011, 09:23 AM
Dread Clawz
Auston Matthews USA!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgia Panther View Post
Well, I think we can both agree it doesn't make sense to not play a top prospect whether it's Ellerby or Robak. Someone is going to be traded, either Ellerby or one of the six d-men currently playing. You can always find a vet d-man to act as a spare in free agency.
There are going to be injuries, Ellerby will get his chance to shine sooner or later. I don't see the point in purposefully making our blueline weaker.

Dread Clawz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2011, 10:16 AM
Georgia Panther

Quote:
There are going to be injuries, Ellerby will get his chance to shine sooner or later. I don't see the point in purposefully making our blueline weaker.
I'm thinking more about next season. I don't think you would be in favor of Ellerby spending a second season as mostly a healthy scratch.

Old
12-31-2011, 02:18 PM
Dread Clawz
Auston Matthews USA!

Quote:
I'm thinking more about next season. I don't think you would be in favor of Ellerby spending a second season as mostly a healthy scratch.
Why not? If someone gets injured then he's better to fill in than a journeyman 7th dman.

Old
12-31-2011, 05:50 PM
Georgia Panther

Quote:
Why not? If someone gets injured then he's better to fill in than a journeyman 7th dman.
Why not? 1.He won't get any better sitting in the stands. 2.The longer he sits the less his trade value. 3.It's really getting very little use of a player you picked 10th overall in the draft. 4.Your spare defenseman SHOULD be a journeyman vet. At this point he is what he is and sitting in the stands won't hurt him or his value.

Old
01-13-2012, 11:42 PM
Dread Clawz
Auston Matthews USA!

Quote:
Why not? 1.He won't get any better sitting in the stands. 2.The longer he sits the less his trade value. 3.It's really getting very little use of a player you picked 10th overall in the draft. 4.Your spare defenseman SHOULD be a journeyman vet. At this point he is what he is and sitting in the stands won't hurt him or his value.
If trading Ellerby improves the team, then I'm all for it. But I don't think Tallon will trade him just for the sake of trading him.