HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Washington Capitals
Notices

Sabres vs Capitals - 7:00pm - Verizon Center - 12/30/2011

Old
01-01-2012, 12:19 AM
NobodyBeatsTheWiz
Happy now?

vCash: 500
Unless you can move Schultz and Hamrlik, there's not much you can bring in without trading Semin or Green.

NobodyBeatsTheWiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2012, 12:39 AM
HSHS
Losing is a disease

Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyBeatsTheWiz View Post
Unless you can move Schultz and Hamrlik, there's not much you can bring in without trading Semin or Green.
Sarge and mojo are the one's I see as real options for teams out of it, willing to give up better older players for the longer term.

HSHS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2012, 12:48 AM
troyerlaw
Life is party again

why do people keep saying the SOB line was good tonight? i didn't watch the entire game, but from what i saw, the SOB line did not skate tonight. it was S & B on the 1st line, and then O on the 2nd line. am i remembering wrong??

EDIT: okay, now i see the problem. i'm on the wrong freaking thread. i thought i was on tonight's game. forget it.

troyerlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2012, 08:17 AM
txpd

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSHS View Post
Sarge and mojo are the one's I see as real options for teams out of it, willing to give up better older players for the longer term.
this is the second trade mojo comment ive seen from you recently. why do you think mcphee has decided that this 21 year old isnt going to work out enough that he is willing to trade an nhl player with another year to go on an elc after this one?

it just doesnt make sense.

txpd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2012, 09:30 AM
HSHS
Losing is a disease

Quote:
Originally Posted by txpd View Post
this is the second trade mojo comment ive seen from you recently. why do you think mcphee has decided that this 21 year old isnt going to work out enough that he is willing to trade an nhl player with another year to go on an elc after this one?

it just doesnt make sense.
This is the second response to the same response to a post of mine that is describing options. Options. Options. Options. Options.

The 2nd line is horrid. And if we're going to keep semin for a push this year mojo at C isn't ready to maximize semin's likely last year in dc. Mojo, as I said in the post you quoted, is a very desirable kid to other teams.

And since you remember the first post I mentioned this option, I said there are in house options to try to improve the forechecking and possession to maximize the Alexes. But it would require breaking up the 3rd line. And what did hunter do. He broke it up.

HSHS is offline   Reply With Quote