HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2011-12 All Purpose Kings Trade Rumors and Proposals Thread II

Closed Thread

Old
01-16-2012, 05:10 PM
Nex06

vCash: 500
Quote:
The Kings are on the ice in Vancouver for practice, without Anze Kopitar
You all know what that means right? E3 that Kopitar's trade is announced today.

Old
01-16-2012, 05:45 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

I wonder how people would feel if we were interested in say.... Hartnell? Sure he would cost us a player or two like Voynov and Kozun (or a 3rd pick in 12) but I wonder how people would feel if we ended up looking at him. I think the price is a little high but he sure fits the profile.

Old
01-16-2012, 05:48 PM
DryIslandBartender
KCCO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nex06 View Post
You all know what that means right? E3 that Kopitar's trade is announced today.
Means Kopi is dinged up. He's been on the receiving end of a couple brutal hits the past two games. i am sure he wants to heal up and rest for the Canucks game.

Old
01-16-2012, 05:50 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 424
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonellisghost View Post
I wonder how people would feel if we were interested in say.... Hartnell? Sure he would cost us a player or two like Voynov and Kozun (or a 3rd pick in 12) but I wonder how people would feel if we ended up looking at him. I think the price is a little high but he sure fits the profile.
I would be interested, but the price would be way too high. The Flyers have one of the best offenses in the league and are looking for defense right now. They would be looking for players like Johnson, Mitchell, and Scuderi. They won't settle for prospects/picks, they are looking to win the Stanley Cup this very moment. They might settle for Voynov, but they would be looking for more than another prospect or pick to compliment the deal.

“This is for you Kings fans wherever you may be. All the frustration and disappointment of the past is gone. The 45 year drought is over. The Los Angeles Kings are indeed the Kings of the National Hockey League. They are the 2012 Stanley Cup Champions!” - Bob Miller
Old
01-16-2012, 05:54 PM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

Quote:
Price for Hartnell inflated because he plays a lot with Giroux?

I wouldn't include Voynov in a package for Hartnell though I understand why the Flyers would insist on it.

Old
01-16-2012, 06:08 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

I'd be surprised if Philly moved Hartnell. I figure JVR would be moved before Hartnell. Then again, his latest injury might scare off some teams from dealing for JVR.

Old
01-16-2012, 06:11 PM
Duc620

Is Voynov big enough for the Flyers D? I thought they were looking to somehow replace a Pronger - which leads to a Nashville deal, afaik.

Hartnell? Isn't he going to be pretty expensive. Depends on the deal and how he gets on with M. Richards. Don't want the room screwed with, especially since Sutter's finally got them all pulling in the same direction. And playing hard.

Old
01-16-2012, 06:28 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 424
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
One player I still have my eye on that no one else does is Filatov. I was surprised that we didn't offer up anything to get him when he was dealt last time. His stats, overall, are fine for a rookie. 53GP 6G 8A 14P +7. With more development, I don't see how he doesn't make it to the NHL. These teams just keep rushing these young forwards and they don't give them enough time to grow. I bet if we offered Ottawa a 3rd/4th to recoup their investment, they would let him go to us. Then I would stick him in Manchester and re-develop him into a player that works with our system. If you signed him to a decent, but small, multi-year deal, you could easily entice him to come back over.

Old
01-16-2012, 06:35 PM
SuperAlmeida

I would like us to trade for MPS and Moen.

MPS brings speed and skill, while Moen brings physical presence. We definetely need a player that can take Smyth's role from last year (screen the goalie, especially in powerplay).

From 2nd of December:

Quote:
Sure, Moen is the second leading goal scorer on the Canadiens, but it’s not because of his offensive wizardy. Moen’s got one move, and it doesn’t feature superior manual dexterity as much as it involves running over the goaltender and skating into the net with the puck.
Link

Offensive lines:

MPS-Kopitar-Williams (Speedy and skilled line)
Moen-Richards-Brown (Solid physical line)
Penner-Stoll-Richardson (Mixed line)
Clifford-Fraser/Lewis-Hunter/Westgarth (Physical line/Mixed line)

Tradeable assets:
- Martinez
- Hickey
- Loktionov (YES!)
- Penner
- 1st or 2nd 2013
- Johnson (Only for a solid top-six LW, 30+ G's)
- Bernier (Overpayment)
- Muzzin
- Kozun (Would be hard to trade... Love this player!)
- Forbort (Not sold on him... Mistake by drafting him... Though it can turn against me)

Loktionov -> AHL.
Gagne ->LITR
What do you think? What would Montreal want in return for Moen? Draftpick? Prospect? Big D, wing or C?
I believe that Martinez + a pick (2013?) could be enough for MPS.

Last edited by SuperAlmeida: 01-16-2012 at 07:02 PM.
Old
01-16-2012, 06:39 PM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telos View Post
One player I still have my eye on that no one else does is Filatov. I was surprised that we didn't offer up anything to get him when he was dealt last time. His stats, overall, are fine for a rookie. 53GP 6G 8A 14P +7. With more development, I don't see how he doesn't make it to the NHL. These teams just keep rushing these young forwards and they don't give them enough time to grow. I bet if we offered Ottawa a 3rd/4th to recoup their investment, they would let him go to us. Then I would stick him in Manchester and re-develop him into a player that works with our system. If you signed him to a decent, but small, multi-year deal, you could easily entice him to come back over.
Definitely the type of deal Dean should be looking for IMO. I'm not looking so much for the homerun (Nash, Ryan, etc.), but add depth on the wing as inexpensively as possible and let the development system go to work.

Old
01-16-2012, 06:44 PM
Live in the Now
YNWA

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperAlmeida View Post

MPS brings speed and skill, while Moen brings physical presence. We definetely need a player that can take Smyth's role from last year (screen the goalie, especially in powerplay).

From 2nd December:

Quote:
Sure, Moen is the second leading goal scorer on the Canadiens, but it’s not because of his offensive wizardy. Moen’s got one move, and it doesn’t feature superior manual dexterity as much as it involves running over the goaltender and skating into the net with the puck.
Link
I've been wanting Moen for YEARS. I assume that he'll be a target given Sutter and Dean's wants from our players, his upcoming free agent status, and Montreal's current standings projection. He'll definitely be moved.

Old
01-16-2012, 06:54 PM
RonSwanson*
Gadfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperAlmeida View Post

From 2nd of December:

Link

Lines:

MPS-Kopitar-Williams (Speedy and skilled line)
Moen-Richards-Brown (Solid physical line)
Penner-Stoll-Richardson (Mixed line)
Clifford-Fraser/Lewis-Hunter/Westgarth (Physical line/Mixed line)

Moveable assets:
- Martinez
- Hickey
- Loktionov (YES!)
- Penner
- 1st or 2nd 2013
- Johnson (Only for a solid top-six LW, 30+ G's)
- Bernier (Overpayment)
- Muzzin
- Kozun (Would be hard to trade... Love this player!)

Loktionov -> AHL.
Gagne ->LITR
What do you think?
Is Gagne going on Long Term IR? I haven't heard an update recently on his condition.

Old
01-16-2012, 06:57 PM
Asheru

Hartnell is friends with Richards...but his shooting percentage is currently at an unsustainable career peak (18.1%). The Flyers would be selling high. I don't think he's worth that much.

The idea of trading Voynov makes my stomach hurt. Maybe because it gives me flashbacks to the Zhitnik trade. (Yeah, I know they're not the same players, but I hated the idea of trading him back then too)

Old
01-16-2012, 07:07 PM
Knight of the Realm
Champs Again!

Quote:
I'd do it but it doesn't help much this year obviously.

Penner is a complete bust. Dean made a big deal and no one could have seen how bad Pens would be.

Gagne is probably never going to be what he once was.

At this point, I'm hoping that Kozun or Toffoli can make a difference sooner than later on the wing and that is not a comforting thought. Not much out there for LA imho.

Maybe a deal similar to Bernier/Voynov for B. Connolly.

Old
01-16-2012, 07:25 PM
Jason Lewis
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheru View Post
Hartnell is friends with Richards...but his shooting percentage is currently at an unsustainable career peak (18.1%). The Flyers would be selling high. I don't think he's worth that much.

The idea of trading Voynov makes my stomach hurt. Maybe because it gives me flashbacks to the Zhitnik trade. (Yeah, I know they're not the same players, but I hated the idea of trading him back then too)
I dunno Hartnell has consistently hovered around 14% shooting. No surprise they put him with a guy like Giroux and the ice seemingly frees up a little bit more for him.

You want to talk about crazy shooting % paces though?

Kostitsyn (NSH) 26.2% 11 goals 39 games
Glencross (Cal) 24.0% 18 goals 44 games

Scariest thing about Kostitsyn...he's only taken 42 shots. That is LOW. Glencross has taken nearly double that.

Last year he was 24.7% also, 23 goals on 93 shots
By Comparison, Kopitar had 25 goals on 233 shots

Pretty crazy when you consider he plays for Nashville...with a whole lot of nobodies.

Old
01-16-2012, 07:33 PM
savemefromtears
Bravo Viva la France

I've never been one for the far fetched FA frenzy but it looks like Parise will test the market and The Devils will more than likely hang onto him to try to make the playoffs to entice him to stay.

With Gags out indefinitely and Penner coming off the books next season, one has to argue that Dean will make a huge pitch for him seeing how he is the type of 2 way player that he is.

Old
01-16-2012, 07:36 PM
savemefromtears
Bravo Viva la France

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonSwanson View Post
Is Gagne going on Long Term IR? I haven't heard an update recently on his condition.
The latest from Hammond:

Quote:
Things aren’t going well for Simon Gagne, who suffered a concussion in the Kings’ Dec. 26 game against Phoenix and has missed five consecutive games. A couple people familiar with the situation have indicated that, at this moment, Gagne is nowhere close to returning to game action and that his availability for the rest of the season might be in doubt. The Kings would be allowed to put Gagne on long-term injured reserve, but they would only get salary-cap relief if they spent up to the cap maximum, this season or next season. Of course, things can change — and, for Gagne’s sake, hopefully will — but right now, Gagne does not seem headed for the type of short-term recovery that Mike Richards, for instance, had this season. Gagne has a history of concussions in the NHL, as he reportedly once had three concussions in one season. Justin Williams, one of Gagne’s closest friends on the team, said he didn’t know much about Gagne’s status.

Old
01-16-2012, 07:39 PM
Jason Lewis
Hockey's Future Staff

I mean it's pretty clear to me at this point that Parise stays. NJ is competitive, they have some youth....and they are going to have a lot of cap space in about 2 years time with Elias, Zubrus, and Salvador and Brodeur coming up for contract.

They could use that cap space to re-sign Parise and rope in some REALLY good players in FA or trade.

Old
01-16-2012, 09:04 PM
The Black1963
Grit & Character

Quote:
I would pass.

Hartnell's having a breakout year, which means we would have to overpay and I don't like to overpay.

Having said that, Iginla, Carter and Stewart would be the top 3 wingers, I would pursue.

Old
01-16-2012, 09:54 PM
johnjm22

Quote:
He doesn't want to go to the AHL, that's part of the problem; he thinks his spot should be handed to him he doesn't want to earn it.

Old
01-16-2012, 10:11 PM
tigermask48
Maniacal Laugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnjm22 View Post
He doesn't want to go to the AHL, that's part of the problem; he thinks his spot should be handed to him he doesn't want to earn it.
Wouldn't Filatov have to pass through waivers at this point (zero chance of that) to be sent to the AHL? He doesn't want to go and has to pass through waivers to go means the Kings give up picks to have him taken away for nothing...

Old
01-16-2012, 10:12 PM
Roxo

Send a message via AIM to Roxo
Quote:
Originally Posted by RH63 View Post
I would pass.

Hartnell's having a breakout year, which means we would have to overpay and I don't like to overpay.

Having said that, Iginla, Carter and Stewart would be the top 3 wingers, I would pursue.
Huge fan of Stewart. Would love to see him on the kings..

Old
01-16-2012, 10:36 PM
Monarchist

Gaustad to stand in front of the net.

Old
01-16-2012, 10:54 PM
CandianKingsFan14

The only players I would be interested in that are available for the Kings as a top 6 forward are Ruttu, Stafford, JVR, Whitney, Prospal. I think we need to make 2 trades 1 for one of those forwards and another for a player like Moen and I think we could do some damage in the playoffs. I think its pretty clear we're not going to get a top 3 winger at the deadline and I'd rather save our assests and go for Parise in the summer as a UFA.

Old
01-16-2012, 11:00 PM
Knight of the Realm
Champs Again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CandianKingsFan14 View Post
The only players I would be interested in that are available for the Kings as a top 6 forward are Ruttu, Stafford, JVR, Whitney, Prospal. I think we need to make 2 trades 1 for one of those forwards and another for a player like Moen and I think we could do some damage in the playoffs. I think its pretty clear we're not going to get a top 3 winger at the deadline and I'd rather save our assests and go for Parise in the summer as a UFA.
Those seem like the most likely targets.

Closed Thread