HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

GM 39: Kings def. Canucks - 4-1 (Bieksa)

Closed Thread

Old
01-01-2012, 05:49 PM
The Overseer*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjmay View Post
LOL If wanted people to agree with me, I wouldn't speak up as much as I do...
Yes, your purpose is clear. You will find it is easy to get people to disagree with you if you continue to take absurd positions.

Old
01-01-2012, 05:51 PM
sjmay*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canucker View Post
A case could be made that Todd Bertuzzi was only trying to headlock Steve Moore and give him a noogie but had a muscle spasm and ended up punching him in the head.
Sure it could...

A case can be made for most anything if you think about it.

How's this though, an equal case for both outcomes could be made in regards to the Richardson incident.

Not so equal case for your Bertuzzi scenario...

Old
01-01-2012, 05:52 PM
sjmay*

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Overseer View Post
Yes, your purpose is clear. You will find it is easy to get people to disagree with you if you continue to take absurd positions.
Yes, my absurd positions such as players being responsible for their own actions, and that the "even up" calls were legitimate. My god the horror of the absurdity of it all....

Old
01-01-2012, 05:52 PM
Canucker

Quote:
Sure it could...

A case can be made for most anything if you think about it.

How's this though, an equal case for both outcomes could be made in regards to the Richardson incident.

Not so equal case for your Bertuzzi scenario...
We'll once again agree to disagree on it being an "equal case" in regards to the Richardson incident.

Old
01-01-2012, 05:56 PM
sjmay*

Quote:
We'll once again agree to disagree on it being an "equal case" in regards to the Richardson incident.
LOL sure, but let me ask you this,

What would you expect the officials to do, if 5 Kings bumrushed Hansen after he stepped into Kopitar?

Old
01-01-2012, 05:59 PM
Canucker

Quote:
LOL sure, but let me ask you this,

What would you expect the officials to do, if 5 Kings bumrushed Hansen after he stepped into Kopitar?
It should have been 4 minutes for Richardson and 2 minutes for the most aggressive Canuck player. 2 minutes for Richardson for starting the stupid incident and then coincidental penalties. Easy peasy.

Old
01-01-2012, 06:04 PM
sjmay*

Quote:
It should have been 4 minutes for Richardson and 2 minutes for the most aggressive Canuck player. 2 minutes for Richardson for starting the stupid incident and then coincidental penalties. Easy peasy.
Did Richardson do anything in the scrum to warrant the extra 2?

Serious question, I don't remember

Old
01-01-2012, 06:05 PM
Chairman Maouth
Global Moderator

vCash: 3746
Quote:

Thank you for your contributions sjmay, and it's a shame you have to go.

01-01-2012, 06:09 PM
Canucker

Quote:

I don't know if he did or he didn't, but there wouldn't have been a scrum if he didn't throw a cheap shot. An extra 2 to him would have been the correct call...by letting Richardson get away with a blatant shot on a star player its just asking for trouble for the rest of the game.

Old
01-01-2012, 06:34 PM
HamhuisHip
LeggsOverMyHamhuis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chairman Maouth View Post
Thank you for your contributions sjmay, and it's a shame you have to go.
Thank you. It was clear quite some time ago that sjmay was clearly trying to inflame with his approach to this 'discussion' on officiating.

Old
01-01-2012, 07:11 PM
Potatoe1

Quote:

Doesn't matter.

Scrums are against the rules entirely, you could put all 10 guys in the box if you wanted to.

Generally speaking if a star player is cheap shotted and there isn't some type of crazy response i.e, a suspendable sucker punch or high stick, then the refs put the star players team on the power play.

Last night there were 5 cheap shots that turned into major scrums and the Canucks not only didn't get a power play they actually had to kill one off.

That is a joke.

The fact you are trying to claim the reffing was even last night is hilarious.

Old
01-01-2012, 07:45 PM
arsmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potatoe1 View Post
Doesn't matter.

Scrums are against the rules entirely, you could put all 10 guys in the box if you wanted to.

Generally speaking if a star player is cheap shotted and there isn't some type of crazy response i.e, a suspendable sucker punch or high stick, then the refs put the star players team on the power play.

Last night there were 5 cheap shots that turned into major scrums and the Canucks not only didn't get a power play they actually had to kill one off.

That is a joke.

The fact you are trying to claim the reffing was even last night is hilarious.
Sedins arent "stars"! THeir elite talents, who get NO respect from fans, pundits, media, and clearly officials.

Last night was the first time I have ever been part of the "we need more toughness" crowd. Its true, we need it.

Burrows jumps in to defend a Sedin behind the net, and the Sedin skates away while Burrows is being pummelled by 3 Kings.

Another time a scrum insues and an AHL callup on the 4th line (mancari) has his mitts off and just talks smack the whole time. We sent VO down for not winning his fights, Mancari should be on the bus back to Chicago today.

Its a joke. Im not saying that an enforcer changes anything, but that game last night needed a response. It needed a 4th liner to run one of their top players.

Its a true shame that the only Canuck who can handle himself in a fight is a top 4 defensman who we can't afford to lose for 5 minutes in a game, or due to an injury.

It's freakin' sad.

The turning the other cheak think is overrated, the refs HATE it, it puts too much pressure on them to hand the best PP in the league opportunities on the PP.

I will say the refereeing last night matched the CBC broadcast though....worst I've heard EVER.

Im not sexist, but you shouldnt have a colour commentator who hasnt played in the NHL or been hit.....nobody can relate to a woman telling them about hockey....

...Mark Lee is so incredibly anti-Canuck its ridiculous. i will be emailing the CBC about it....godawful

Old
01-01-2012, 07:58 PM
Mr. Canucklehead
Mod Supervisor
Kitimat Canuck

Moving on to San Jose.

Closed.

Closed Thread