HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Kings PP update (from practice)

Old
12-30-2011, 06:50 PM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjmay View Post
So...basically, you just want them to move....

I mean, who cares if there is a purpose there, so as long as Kopitar skates from the halfwall to the corner and back, you guys are happy?
Good to know....

Seriously guys?

There has to be a purpose to the movement, someone in here said it was essentially a 4 on 4, is correct.

Right now the Kings are playing a hybrid of an umbrella, and....something, it's hard to describe.

But what they need to do is, and yes, movement is a part of this, but it's with a purpose, they do need the body in front of the net, but they need a body in the high slot as well, this will expand the box and allow a cross seam pass through, the puck carrier should always have 3 choices, Pass A, Pass B, and shoot, right now, they are only getting 1 or 2 options and that is a lack of movement from guys without the puck.
No, of course not. What I want to see is more movement in and out of "quiet" areas where quick passes to that player result in a shot on goal from no further out than the top of the circle.

Also, after the 4-on-3 winners Johnson got early in the season I can't remember the last time a defenseman snuck downlow on a backdoor play on the weak side. The Kings PP has no movement to it at all. The 5-on-3 yesterday was very illustrative of that.

KINGS17 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2011, 07:04 PM
Nex06

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjmay View Post
So...basically, you just want them to move....

I mean, who cares if there is a purpose there, so as long as Kopitar skates from the halfwall to the corner and back, you guys are happy?
No, I want them to be active all the time. You have to actually do something, not wait for something to happen for you. Our PP more or less just waits for mistakes of the PK unit. Nothing good will happen to you in this league, you have to do it all by yourself.

Nex06 is offline   Reply With Quote