HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Prospects
Notices

Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

Alex Hutchings

Old
09-10-2011, 01:20 PM
JPCanada

vCash: 500
Alex Hutchings

With the new ranking for TB coming out I noticed that Alex Hutchings has failed to make it into the top 20 this year, moreso, has only been rated a 6.0D

Does anyone know where he currently stands? I know he is undersized and took a step back last year in his development but is he that far gone from being an nhl player - or even a hopeful prospect?

Any information would help. Thanks

JPCanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2012, 03:33 PM
Scarbossa

vCash: 155
oops...wrong thread

Scarbossa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2012, 04:11 PM
Palinka

If he's not already out as an NHL prospect, he's heading that way in a hell of a hurry.

I'd compare him to a poor man's Rob Schremp. Very fast, terrific puck skills, and tunnel vision in the offensive zone. His defensive game isn't going to keep him around at any level of hockey. His vision and decision making will probably prevent him from ever playing an NHL game.

Palinka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2012, 05:04 AM
TheDaysOf 04
Rated [SFY]

Injuries have hurt his development since he began his pro career in the ECHL. He missed significant time last season and couldn't adjust properly to the next level. This year he started off good and might have made our AHL team if not for an over crowded lineup, but he got hurt again and has been out since November 12th.

His small size looks like it could hold him back if he can't get stronger, but I still think he's a decent prospect. This is definitely the organization to make it as an undersized player though. Yzerman has signed or drafted a good amount of small speedy forwards since he took over.