HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Habs at WJC (Gallagher, Bournival & Beaulieu CAN, Tinordi USA, Pribyl CZE)

Closed Thread

Old
11-25-2011, 01:16 PM
De Montreal
help

vCash: 500
Habs at WJC (Gallagher, Bournival & Beaulieu CAN, Tinordi USA, Pribyl CZE)

Hello,

December equals U20 WJC for me, and I was wondering which Habs property could make their respective country team for the upcoming tournament?

I'm guessing Tinordi, Bournival and Gallagher? Beaulieu, maybe?

Old
11-25-2011, 01:29 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Should have 4 but could have 5 or 6. John Westin is in the mix for one of the final spots for Team Sweden but seems to be on the outside so we'll have to see if he makes it or not. Pribly, Tinordi, Gallagher I would consider locks to make their team, Bournival I fully expect to make it and hopefully Beaulieu can as well.

Team Czech Republic- Daniel Pribyl

Team USA- Jarred Tinordi

Team Canada- Brendan Gallagher, Michaël Bournival, Nathan Beaulieu

Old
11-25-2011, 01:29 PM
TroyM

I'd expect Gallagher and Bournival for sure on Canada. Beaulieu has a good chance for Canada.

Tinordi... I'm not sure, I'll have to defer on that one.

I've heard Westin has an outside chance for Sweden.

Old
11-25-2011, 03:43 PM
Shutdown

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyM View Post
I'd expect Gallagher and Bournival for sure on Canada. Beaulieu has a good chance for Canada.

Tinordi... I'm not sure, I'll have to defer on that one.

I've heard Westin has an outside chance for Sweden.
Tinordi has a better chance at making the USA team than Beaulieu has of making the Canadian one.

Old
11-25-2011, 04:50 PM
S Bah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shutdown View Post
Tinordi has a better chance at making the USA team than Beaulieu has of making the Canadian one.
That is probably a bit of a competition between workout buddies two defencemen with different dimensions to their games never mind the obvious size dimensions.London being the #1 CHL team this week and St.John's the #3 team each playing good defensive games.Just all-around good news for the Habs.

Old
11-25-2011, 06:16 PM
TroyM

Quote:
Right, I'm sure that is true. I just have little knowledge of the US squad for the WJC I have to admit, haha, so yeah, deferring to those in the know. I'm very glad to hear it though and I hope you guys are right and we can watch him there, that'd only increase the enjoyment of the tournament.

Old
11-25-2011, 06:32 PM
QuebecPride
@Etienne_Pouliot

Locks, Bournival, Gallagher, Tinordi and Pribyl.

Beaulieu has a fairly good chance but he has a lot of competition.

And from reading the swedish boards, Westin has small chances of making it, but I'm rooting for the kid.

Old
11-25-2011, 06:36 PM
QuebecPride
@Etienne_Pouliot

I know he won't make the team but I expect an invite for Morgan Ellis.

Old
11-25-2011, 06:59 PM
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

I dont remember team canada with so many potential habs since 2000 when the team was comprised with Chouinard, Ryder, and Ribeiro. Lets hope bournival and beaulieu can join the sure fire brendan gallagher.

It always makes this tournament even more of a treat to watch when there are some habs to follow.

Old
11-25-2011, 07:09 PM
Andros777

It's always endearing when for once other team's fanbases give our prospects respect. And of course we do the same... I love the temporary unity it creates across Canada.

Old
11-25-2011, 09:53 PM
Crimson Skorpion

vCash: 50
Awards:
I know Pribyl will be there for sure.

Want to write for us? Head to lastwordonsports.com/writeforus and apply!
Old
11-26-2011, 11:38 AM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
I would agree as USA has some injury problems and others haven't been playing too well this year and reports on Tinordi seem very positive for the most part so I would think he is pretty much a sure thing to make it. Being from the USNDTP, that helps although he did spurn the NCAA for the OHL which is something that will go against him, just that I don't think it will keep him off the team unless some other players really step up.

I assume that they won't get Justin Faulk, since he's in the NHL but if for some reason the Canes did release him that would make it interesting. If not I would take a guess that USA's D could look like, Tinordi, Merrill, Johns, Forbort, Levi, Clendening and one of Seth Jones, Mayfield or Robbie Russo perhaps.

Old
11-26-2011, 11:42 AM
MXD

I wouldn't consider Bournival a lock.

The few games i've seen from Beaulieu so far -- has been disappointing to say the least.

Our only lock is probably Pribyl. Gallagher is a virtual lock.

Ellis will probably have an invite, but it won't go further.

Archambeault is... well, terrible...?

Old
11-26-2011, 01:04 PM
QuebecPride
@Etienne_Pouliot

Quote:
Originally Posted by MXD View Post

The few games i've seen from Beaulieu so far -- has been disappointing to say the least.

Here are Kevin Pendergast's words on Michaël:

Last year: Et Bournival, aux yeux de Pendergast, est probablement la carte cachée de l'équipe. «Il sort de nulle part, mais il a été très bon et il est intelligent. C'est une très bonne transaction de la part du Canadien. Ce jeune a tous les atouts pour réussir dans la LNH. Il travaille fort, il peut jouer aux trois positions à l'attaque, il peut compter et il réfléchit sur la glace. Ce type de joueur est difficile à trouver.»

http://www.cyberpresse.ca/sports/hoc...0_article_POS4

This year:«On connaît sa valeur», lance Kevin Pendergast, le recruteur-chef d'Équipe Canada junior. «C'est tout un compétiteur, il voulait jouer ce soir malgré sa blessure! On lui a dit de prendre tout le temps qu'il faut pour revenir à 100 % le plus rapidement possible, que ça ne donnait rien de risquer des blessures. C'est un gars qui a bien failli faire l'équipe l'an dernier, qui a continué de progresser, qui est polyvalent et qui est capitaine de son équipe junior, alors il peut amener du leadership en plus. Il participera à notre camp de sélection final», a lancé Pendergast.

http://www.cyberpresse.ca/le-nouvell...ada-junior.php

For our Anglo friends, last year he said that Bournival came out of nowhere and that he's the type of player that is hard to find 'cause he can do it all: score, check and that he can play every forward position.

This year he said that he didn't want Bournival to play at the Subway Super Series 'cause he already had his invite for the camp and that they didn't want him to reinjure himself in those games. He almost made the team last year (last cuts were him and Gallagher) and he's versatile. He also mentions that he could bring leadership on top of it.

----

Considering the fact that he almost made the team last year, he's a lock, as much as Gallagher.

Tinordi's a lock too.

Pribyl seems to be a lock according to the czech boards.

Old
11-26-2011, 01:55 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuebecPride View Post
Locks, Bournival, Gallagher, Tinordi and Pribyl.

Beaulieu has a fairly good chance but he has a lot of competition.

And from reading the swedish boards, Westin has small chances of making it, but I'm rooting for the kid.
I was thinking his chances were very good with Murphy injured and Gudbranson in Florida, but Murphy came back...odds are 60-40 in favor I think. Beaulieu's play at the Memorial Cup and mobility are things they usually look for at the WJHC.

I think Ellis should get consideration for an invite based on his play this year, but he didn't really stand out in the 2 games Vs Russia so taht may hurt his cahnces.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MXD View Post

I think Bournival is the biggest lock of all, he is strong at both ends, nearly made the team last year plus I think he was captain of the U18 team 2 years ago. He'll probably get a 3rd line type role against top lines along with PK duty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuebecPride View Post
I know he won't make the team but I expect an invite for Morgan Ellis.
I hope he gets an invite because once at the camp he could force his way onto the team. He is the type of player coaches love, he has good size and mobility, RH shot and he is a character kid much like LeBlanc and Bournival. He reminds me a lot of Gorges in a lot of ways.

Old
11-26-2011, 02:20 PM
Clipitar

3rd pairing: Beaulieu - Ellis
3rd line: Player X - Bournival - Gallagher

Wouldn't that be sweet? Won't happen though; the realist in me expects no more than 2, maybe even as low as 1 (Gallagher being the most likely), of these 4 to make the squad. Ah well...

Old
11-26-2011, 03:04 PM
Celtic Cross

Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal View Post
Should have 4 but could have 5 or 6. John Westin is in the mix for one of the final spots for Team Sweden but seems to be on the outside so we'll have to see if he makes it or not. Pribly, Tinordi, Gallagher I would consider locks to make their team, Bournival I fully expect to make it and hopefully Beaulieu can as well.

Team Czech Republic- Daniel Pribyl

Team USA- Jarred Tinordi

Team Canada- Brendan Gallagher, Michaël Bournival, Nathan Beaulieu
Jarred Tinordi is trying out for team Canada he already said this and he does have a dual status. and is eligable, we could see a Tinordi-Beaulieu pairing, would be nice to see

Old
11-26-2011, 03:13 PM
NewHabsEra*

What role is Pribyl exoected to play for the CZE? First line center? Second..?

Old
11-26-2011, 03:16 PM
Crimson Skorpion

vCash: 50
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHabsEra View Post
What role is Pribyl exoected to play for the CZE? First line center? Second..?
Possibly second line, centering Tomas Rubes and David Dvoracek.

Old
11-26-2011, 03:17 PM
24stanleycups*
24-6=18,goodluck lol

I couldn't possibly see a scenario where nathan beaulieu isn't on team canada. He is unbelieveable. I'm fine with taking it slow procces, but honestly...he could be in a habs sweater this year and I don't think he would miss a beat.

Old
11-26-2011, 03:18 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
I think Bournival is the biggest lock of all, he is strong at both ends, nearly made the team last year.
I fully expect Bournival to make it but with him missing a month to injury I didn't want to put him as a lock, would be shocked if he didn't make it. But I would think Gallagher is the biggest lock, when he got the C in the subway series and with his coach being behind the bench and the season he's having, I don't see how he's not on the team. It's too bad Bournival had the injury since he was scoring goals left and right but with his two way play I got to think he makes it although I haven't seen him since he's returned from injury but if he is rusty he still has a couple weeks before the camp.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Celtic Cross View Post
Jarred Tinordi is trying out for team Canada he already said this and he does have a dual status. and is eligable, we could see a Tinordi-Beaulieu pairing, would be nice to see
Tinordi is not trying out for Team Canada and he doesn't have dual citzenship that I know of. Also Tinordi and Beaulieu are both LD's so they wouldn't be paired together.

You are thinking of Jamie Oleksiak btw.

Old
11-26-2011, 04:38 PM
sda

Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal View Post
I fully expect Bournival to make it but with him missing a month to injury I didn't want to put him as a lock, would be shocked if he didn't make it. But I would think Gallagher is the biggest lock, when he got the C in the subway series and with his coach being behind the bench and the season he's having, I don't see how he's not on the team. It's too bad Bournival had the injury since he was scoring goals left and right but with his two way play I got to think he makes it although I haven't seen him since he's returned from injury but if he is rusty he still has a couple weeks before the camp.

Tinordi is not trying out for Team Canada and he doesn't have dual citzenship that I know of. Also Tinordi and Beaulieu are both LD's so they wouldn't be paired together.

You are thinking of Jamie Oleksiak btw.
Tinordi should have dual citizenship because of his father

Old
11-26-2011, 05:16 PM
Freaky Habs Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sda View Post
Tinordi should have dual citizenship because of his father
Even then, I think once you play for a country, you can't switch back. Tinordi once was on the U 18 squad for the USA.

Old
11-26-2011, 07:08 PM
Mike8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freaky Habs Fan View Post
Even then, I think once you play for a country, you can't switch back. Tinordi once was on the U 18 squad for the USA.
That's only the case when you play in an IIHF event.

Old
11-28-2011, 10:16 AM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Bournival, Gallagher and Beaulieu should be getting an invite today to next months selection camp. They are going to announce the roster in little over an hour.

I think USA announces their camp as well this week, which Tinordi should certainly be invited.

Closed Thread