HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

All Jersey Talk (Game Worn, Replica, Authentic, etc.) Part Scott Stevens

Closed Thread

Old
02-08-2012, 07:17 PM
JerseyGuy276
An American Outlaw

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott04 View Post
So to go back to my question before: Are you saying if I were to get an RBK jersey that I should probably get a size larger than my CCM? My CCM is a little on the loose side, so maybe the same size then for my specific situation?
yea, that'd be your safest bet.

Old
02-08-2012, 11:38 PM
Baggy Spandex
Boat movie.

My Authentic Parise Canadian-made Edge (1.0?) is a size 54 and I'm 6'1"-ish, 175 or so. It goes down to the top area of my rump and the sleeves halfway down the back of my hand.I don't know if they offer smaller because it's made for pads, but 54 is perfect if you wanna throw a hoodie on underneath it.

My premier is a large, and it fits similar, maybe a taaaaad smaller.

Old
02-09-2012, 01:09 AM
Scott04

Wait... there are different kinds of RBK jerseys now (and not just replica/authentic)? Edge was the only one I knew of. Premier is RBK too?

Old
02-09-2012, 12:28 PM
MJB Devils23*
No lockout!

Quote:
Wait... there are different kinds of RBK jerseys now (and not just replica/authentic)? Edge was the only one I knew of. Premier is RBK too?
The Premiers are made by Reebok. Yes.

As far as Authentics, there is Edge 1.0 and Edge 2.0.

The 1.0 was basically the jerseys worn by players from 07-09. Basically the 2.0's have been worn since 2009. They're basically the same material as the old CCM's. Which is also called the air-knit material.

Old
02-09-2012, 01:09 PM
Scott04

Since I'm not exactly rolling in extra money, I would be looking at the premier's then, since according to your post that seems to be the replica. Only way that would change is if I go to a store, see one, and think its a piece of crap. I'm very happy with my old CCM replica jersey, so I have no issue with replicas for hockey.

Old
02-10-2012, 11:56 PM
devilsfan525

Quote:
Since I'm not exactly rolling in extra money, I would be looking at the premier's then, since according to your post that seems to be the replica. Only way that would change is if I go to a store, see one, and think its a piece of crap. I'm very happy with my old CCM replica jersey, so I have no issue with replicas for hockey.
Try Hockey Monkey in Woodbridge - I was there tonight, they have the Edge premier/replicas for $89.99, and right now they're 25% off, so they come out to about $68 each. (If they don't have your size on the rack, ask at the register, as they have more in the backroom)

I was going to order a customized replica direct from EP, but they're out of my size in the replicas right now because Reebok isn't shipping jerseys to them regularly.

So the $68 jersey + $55 customization comes out to basically the same price EP's would be, and the same price as the premade heatpress jerseys at Modells, etc.

Old
02-11-2012, 01:15 AM
Scott04

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilsfan525 View Post
Try Hockey Monkey in Woodbridge - I was there tonight, they have the Edge premier/replicas for $89.99, and right now they're 25% off, so they come out to about $68 each. (If they don't have your size on the rack, ask at the register, as they have more in the backroom)

I was going to order a customized replica direct from EP, but they're out of my size in the replicas right now because Reebok isn't shipping jerseys to them regularly.

So the $68 jersey + $55 customization comes out to basically the same price EP's would be, and the same price as the premade heatpress jerseys at Modells, etc.
Hmm.... definitely something to look into. Any idea how long that sale is going to last for? Really wasn't planning on looking into a new jersey until the off-season. But I may be able to make an exception if I don't have much time left to get it at that price

Old
02-11-2012, 01:50 AM
devilsfan525

Quote:
Hmm.... definitely something to look into. Any idea how long that sale is going to last for? Really wasn't planning on looking into a new jersey until the off-season. But I may be able to make an exception if I don't have much time left to get it at that price
I don't know how long the sale is going to last.

The only way I found out about it was I called this afternoon to see if their in-store prices were the same as online (which they were for the jerseys), and to see if they had my size in stock. When the lady confirmed the price, she mentioned that they were $89.99 and 25% off of that. There were no signs in store for the discount on replicas (the only signs were advertising the authentics being marked down to $200).

Try calling the store about the length of the sale - everyone in there seemed very personable and helpful tonight, as did the woman on the phone this afternoon. The store number is 732-634-1446.

Old
02-11-2012, 02:00 AM
Scott04

Quote:
I don't know how long the sale is going to last.

The only way I found out about it was I called this afternoon to see if their in-store prices were the same as online (which they were for the jerseys), and to see if they had my size in stock. When the lady confirmed the price, she mentioned that they were $89.99 and 25% off of that. There were no signs in store for the discount on replicas (the only signs were advertising the authentics being marked down to $200).

Try calling the store about the length of the sale - everyone in there seemed very personable and helpful tonight, as did the woman on the phone this afternoon. The store number is 732-634-1446.
Guess I'll have to look into it. The store is about 45 minutes from me, but may be worth it to say a little money. So you're saying its the replica jersey + the sewn on lettering for more or less the same price as buying the blank jersey from a place like Modell's? Just want to make sure I understand this right so I can get an idea of how much I'm saving. The more I'm saving off of this, the more I'm willing to go for it there (and sooner)

Old
02-11-2012, 02:05 AM
BrodeursCups

Send a message via AIM to BrodeursCups
http://www.hockeymonkey.com/rbk-hock...emier-njd.html

Old
02-11-2012, 02:11 AM
Scott04

Damn shame they only list having the white ones on the website. Honestly want another red one, so I'm probably best off calling/going to the store if calling gets me nowhere.

Old
02-11-2012, 11:48 PM
devilsfan525

Quote:
Guess I'll have to look into it. The store is about 45 minutes from me, but may be worth it to say a little money. So you're saying its the replica jersey + the sewn on lettering for more or less the same price as buying the blank jersey from a place like Modell's? Just want to make sure I understand this right so I can get an idea of how much I'm saving. The more I'm saving off of this, the more I'm willing to go for it there (and sooner)
Sorry I didn't respond sooner, I haven't been online all day.

Basically the price itself is going to be about the same as Modells, but the customization is of far better quality, which is where the value is. (the premade ones at Modells,etc have heat-pressed letters/numbers that aren't sewn on and are have the details of stitching, etc. screen-printed onto them)

The way the prices break down:
Hockey Monkey $68 + Exclusive Pro Customization $55 (Plus shipping fee of $14 and the shipping costs to mail the jersey to them) = $137 (+shipping to EP)

Modells/Sports Authority, etc - Ive seen them priced anywhere from $115-$135 depending on the store/location

From a site like IceJerseys or CoolHockey, the price for a replica jersey with stitched customization would be in the range of $170-$200.

The big question is the quality, whether you want "stitched" customization or "printed details onto heatpress" customization

Old
02-12-2012, 12:01 AM
Scott04

Quote:
Sorry I didn't respond sooner, I haven't been online all day.

Basically the price itself is going to be about the same as Modells, but the customization is of far better quality, which is where the value is. (the premade ones at Modells,etc have heat-pressed letters/numbers that aren't sewn on and are have the details of stitching, etc. screen-printed onto them)

The way the prices break down:
Hockey Monkey $68 + Exclusive Pro Customization $55 (Plus shipping fee of $14 and the shipping costs to mail the jersey to them) = $137 (+shipping to EP)

Modells/Sports Authority, etc - Ive seen them priced anywhere from $115-$135 depending on the store/location

From a site like IceJerseys or CoolHockey, the price for a replica jersey with stitched customization would be in the range of $170-$200.

The big question is the quality, whether you want "stitched" customization or "printed details onto heatpress" customization
No problem at all, as I forgot to pursue this altogether today anyway. Greatly appreciate the break down of all of it. I honestly don't know what I want to do in terms of a jersey to be honest. In all likelihood I'll get a Kovalchuk jersey. Since day 1 after the lock out I've been wearing a Parise jersey (team gave ticket holders 1 jersey for each ticket on the account, so that's why I got). I want to get another one anyway, but it would be nice to have another one in case Zach isn't here next season. Stupidest reason, but I kind of want to hold off in case I need to get a different letter on my jersey. Kovy is an A now, and will obviously stay an A if Parise re-signs. If not, he may stay an A, may be a C, who knows. Stupid of me to make that a priority, as my Parise jersey is old enough that is has no letter at all. But I don't know. Kind of sticks out in my head. I should probably just ignore that whole thing and just get it if I want it, or wait if I'm unsure.

Old
02-12-2012, 09:36 PM
devilsfan525

Quote:
No problem at all, as I forgot to pursue this altogether today anyway. Greatly appreciate the break down of all of it. I honestly don't know what I want to do in terms of a jersey to be honest. In all likelihood I'll get a Kovalchuk jersey. Since day 1 after the lock out I've been wearing a Parise jersey (team gave ticket holders 1 jersey for each ticket on the account, so that's why I got). I want to get another one anyway, but it would be nice to have another one in case Zach isn't here next season. Stupidest reason, but I kind of want to hold off in case I need to get a different letter on my jersey. Kovy is an A now, and will obviously stay an A if Parise re-signs. If not, he may stay an A, may be a C, who knows. Stupid of me to make that a priority, as my Parise jersey is old enough that is has no letter at all. But I don't know. Kind of sticks out in my head. I should probably just ignore that whole thing and just get it if I want it, or wait if I'm unsure.
I am actually sending the one I just bought Friday night to EP to get Kovy on it (with the A).

You could always get the jersey now at the sale price and wait on the customization to see what happens over the offseason with the letter situation.

Old
02-13-2012, 12:03 AM
Scott04

Quote:
I am actually sending the one I just bought Friday night to EP to get Kovy on it (with the A).

You could always get the jersey now at the sale price and wait on the customization to see what happens over the offseason with the letter situation.
True. I think I'll give them a call tomorrow then and see whats going on in terms of supply. The website shows little, but as was said before, I'm sure they have more in stock than just whats listed there.

Just to make sure, who are you sending it to for customizing? Is it through that store? Or somewhere else entirely? If I asked the people at the store would they know all of the information that I'm looking for (if its not through them)?

Old
02-13-2012, 05:46 PM
devilsfan525

Quote:
True. I think I'll give them a call tomorrow then and see whats going on in terms of supply. The website shows little, but as was said before, I'm sure they have more in stock than just whats listed there.

Just to make sure, who are you sending it to for customizing? Is it through that store? Or somewhere else entirely? If I asked the people at the store would they know all of the information that I'm looking for (if its not through them)?
I'm sending the jersey to Exclusive Pro for customization (They apparently do the on-ice jerseys for the Devils). http://exclusivepro.com/customjerseys.html

I would have just bought the replica through them (they offer free customization on jerseys purchased through them, replicas are $115) but they have a low inventory right now because of Reebok not shipping jerseys regularly. You can try calling/emailing them and seeing if they have your size - they don't have XL in red, I know that.

Old
02-17-2012, 07:05 PM
DevilzFan
PS3 GM Conn. Oilers

Send a message via AIM to DevilzFan
Can anyone tell me what years the Devils wore the CCM 550's? (the ones with the CCM logo on the back, top center like the RBK's)

Any info would be appreciated

Last edited by DevilzFan: 02-17-2012 at 08:03 PM.
Old
02-17-2012, 08:43 PM
MJB Devils23*
No lockout!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilzFan View Post
Can anyone tell me what years the Devils wore the CCM 550's? (the ones with the CCM logo on the back, top center like the RBK's)

The 550's were the replicas. Weren't they? I thought it was the 6100's that were the authentics.

Old
02-17-2012, 09:45 PM
DevilzFan
PS3 GM Conn. Oilers

Well, whatever years the replicas correspond with would be nice to know. Thanks.

Old
02-17-2012, 11:23 PM
Wingman77
Glory Days

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilzFan View Post

http://www.nhluniforms.com/

Old
02-17-2012, 11:49 PM
DevilzFan
PS3 GM Conn. Oilers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingman77 View Post
Thank you very much good sir!

Old
02-19-2012, 10:14 PM
waltdorholt

Technically, the 550s were replicas, the 6100s were the store bought authentics, which is still different from an actual game jerseys from those days.

Old
02-19-2012, 10:20 PM
MJB Devils23*
No lockout!

Quote:
Originally Posted by waltdorholt View Post
Technically, the 550s were replicas, the 6100s were the store bought authentics, which is still different from an actual game jerseys from those days.
I wish I can find some red 6100's. I only have found white ones.

Old
02-20-2012, 12:29 PM
kyle evs48
No words needed

I made the mistake of getting a Tedenby jersey last year.

It is time for a Kovalchuk jersey.

Old
02-21-2012, 11:31 AM
BCdevil

Quote:

I went to Monkey Sports yesterday and picked up a white replica for $68.50. They had a few L and a few M on the rack still. Didn't ask if they had any more in the back. The authentics (home, white, retro) were all on sale for $199 still.

Closed Thread