HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

3 Stars & GBR: Game 36 @ Florida Panthers

View Poll Results: 3 Stars
Carl Hagelin 54 46.96%
Henrik Lundqvist 87 75.65%
Ryan Callahan 14 12.17%
Brad Richards 62 53.91%
Ryan McDonagh 9 7.83%
Brian Boyle 3 2.61%
Brandon Dubinsky 53 46.09%
Michael Del Zotto 42 36.52%
Ruslan Fedotenko 2 1.74%
Dan Girardi 2 1.74%
John Mitchell 1 0.87%
Derek Stepan 1 0.87%
Anton Stralman 4 3.48%
Stu Bickel 2 1.74%
Other 7 6.09%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 115. You may not vote on this poll

Old
12-31-2011, 03:11 PM
ruckus*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz View Post

Sorry buddy, it's the truth.
Based on what? Not reality. Laugh all you want, you just sound even stupider.

ruckus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2011, 03:12 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruckus View Post
Based on what? Not reality. Laugh all you want, you just sound even stupider.
In what world does Sean Avery do what Rupp does there?

In the imaginary world some of the Avery cult lives in.

BlueshirtBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2011, 03:31 PM
ruckus*

Quote:
In what world does Sean Avery do what Rupp does there?

In the imaginary world some of the Avery cult lives in.
What are you talking about? In what world does Sean Avery stick up for a teammate? Only his entire tenure here. What are you even trying to debate? For the third time now, let's see if you can pick it up this time, is that if Sean Avery was the guy who grabbed someone who isn't a fighter, regardless of whether or not he just cheap shotted one of our players, and started pounding his face while he was on the ice, people would be talking about what a filthy scum bag Avery is.

I have no issue with what Rupp did. Because it's hockey and not the vagina monologues. But I just think that the double standard with this type of stuff is funny.

Last edited by ruckus*: 12-31-2011 at 03:37 PM.
Old
12-31-2011, 03:36 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruckus View Post
What are you talking about? In what world does Sean Avery stick up for a teammate? Only his entire tenure here. What are you even trying to debate? For the third time now, let's see if you can pick it up this time, is that if Sean Avery was the guy who grabbed someone who isn't a fighter, regardless of whether or not he just cheap shotted one of our players, and started pounding his face while he was on the ice, people would be talking about what a filthy scum bag Avery is.
Except Sean Avery would not have grabbed the guy and started fighting him. Avery doesn't do that. What don't you get? Avery has never been a guy who does stuff like that.

Old
12-31-2011, 03:40 PM
ruckus*

Quote:
Except Sean Avery would not have grabbed the guy and started fighting him. Avery doesn't do that. What don't you get? Avery has never been a guy who does stuff like that.
Right. Gotcha.

Old
12-31-2011, 05:40 PM
trilobyte

Quote:
This is simply wrong. He has done it. I have watched him.

trilobyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2011, 06:12 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Quote:
Originally Posted by trilobyte View Post
This is simply wrong. He has done it. I have watched him.
I don't even think Avery is physically capable of doing what Rupp did.

And i've never seen Avery do anything of that sort. Does he stick up for his teammates? I never argued that he doesn't. I said he wouldn't have done what Rupp did to Kopecky.

Old
12-31-2011, 07:50 PM
Mr Atoz*
I hid the Atavachron

Quote:
Originally Posted by surf View Post
Ah so few understand....Great post...What I wouldlove next game is for Rupp to go after Kopecky again and not fight Barch or whoever they dress...Send the message to him again!
Thanks.

And I agree with what you say. Rupp should go after Kopecky again and not bother with Barch until after that is done.

As I said on another thread. The NHL is going to regret not suspending Kopecky because there will be a rumble at the Garden next week and the NHL brass will wonder why.

If Kopecky didn't sucker punch Del Zotto no one would be talking about the cross check. The cross check that Campbell hit Gaborik with early in the game was worse. Kopecky's helmet came off? Big ****. That just proves it was a glancing blow. If you bash someone directly in the face with a cross check their helmet won't come off. You'll knock out teeth or break bones.

Mr Atoz* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2011, 08:02 PM
bourgeoisie
Je suis Charlie

Quote:
I don't even think Avery is physically capable of doing what Rupp did.

And i've never seen Avery do anything of that sort. Does he stick up for his teammates? I never argued that he doesn't. I said he wouldn't have done what Rupp did to Kopecky.

Oh yeah, Avery really made him pay. Totally comparable to what Rupp did last night

Last edited by bourgeoisie: 12-31-2011 at 10:56 PM.
bourgeoisie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2011, 08:47 PM
DubiDubiDoo

Send a message via AIM to DubiDubiDoo
Quote:
Originally Posted by New England Hockey View Post
He just sucked you into an Avery argument

You already lost

EDIT:

Oh yeah, Avery really made him pay. Totally comparable to what Rupp did last night
What Avery did in that video was probably more admirable than what Rupp did to be honest. Rupp grabbed a guy he knew he could pound, am I suppose to be impressed?
Avery, not a big guy or good fighter, dropped them with a guy that should have beat his ass. Looked to me like his teammates appreciated it alot more than you did...

DubiDubiDoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2011, 09:00 PM
bourgeoisie
Je suis Charlie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DubiDubiDoo View Post
What Avery did in that video was probably more admirable than what Rupp did to be honest. Rupp grabbed a guy he knew he could pound, am I suppose to be impressed?
Avery, not a big guy or good fighter, dropped them with a guy that should have beat his ass. Looked to me like his teammates appreciated it alot more than you did...
Don't get me wrong, I appreciated it... But IMO these things are less about honor and more about sending a message. What Rupp did was not honorable, but you better believe Kopecky will come out on Thurs with his tail between his legs because he knows our guys will pummel him if he steps out of line again.

bourgeoisie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2011, 09:01 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

And Rupp, a big guy and big fighter, dominated a guy who cheapshotted his teammate. Two completely different situations.

Old
12-31-2011, 09:20 PM
Jackson Ranger

Is Dancing Larry really Pitbull? ;-)

Jackson Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2011, 09:20 PM
nyrleetch

Quote:
And Rupp, a big guy and big fighter, dominated a guy who cheapshotted his teammate. Two completely different situations.
Avery stuck up for Gaborik after nobody else would. Avery has stuck up for even Christensen the guy who called him out. Please Avery sticks up for his teammates and would have gone right after Koepecky.

nyrleetch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2011, 09:24 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

I don't think Avery would have done what Rupp did.

Old
12-31-2011, 09:28 PM
SnowblindNYR

I saw a number of replays but couldn't tell. Did Hagelin get a stick on his goal or did the pass bounce off him into the net? The guy on NHL Network said it went off him.

SnowblindNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2011, 09:30 PM
nyrleetch

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowblindNYR View Post
I saw a number of replays but couldn't tell. Did Hagelin get a stick on his goal or did the pass bounce off him into the net? The guy on NHL Network said it went off him.
Pretty sure he got his stick after a nice pass from Cally. I may be wrong though.

nyrleetch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2011, 09:34 PM
JeffMangum
I'm v

vCash: 50

When will it end? This team is in 1st place with Avery playing not even half the games, and yet people STILL are going to bring him up? He's done, irrelevant. Cannot wait until he's gone for good.

12-31-2011, 09:37 PM
SnowblindNYR

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrleetch View Post
Pretty sure he got his stick after a nice pass from Cally. I may be wrong though.
Thanks.

SnowblindNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2011, 10:01 PM
Dfence033

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenith View Post

When will it end? This team is in 1st place with Avery playing not even half the games, and yet people STILL are going to bring him up? He's done, irrelevant. Cannot wait until he's gone for good.
This team could go 98-0 without him next season, and he will still get mentions on a regular basis. He is THAT polarizing of a figure. He has been defecated on by the league for so long, that I can understand why his supporters go to such great lengths to defend him, but his play this year hasn't warranted a spot. For the record, I have been a HUGE Avery fan when he was first brought over. He gave the Rangers the spark they lacked. Now, he is the odd-man out who makes too much money on a team full of gritty, talented spark-plugs up against the salary cap. I don't wish ill on Avery, but his time in New York is over. I appreciate what he did for the Rangers (I think he had a huge hand in rejuvenating a team that looked complete soft and lost), but he just isn't useful with the glut of bottom-6ers the Rangers have right now.

Dfence033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2012, 11:58 AM
Zuccarello Awesome*

Quote:
I don't think Avery would have done what Rupp did.
Except you've already been proven wrong, and now you're changing your tone from "Avery doesn't do stuff like that" to "did I say Avery doesnt stick up for his teammates? I never argued that"

And I distinctly remember Avery jumping someone after they hit a ranger (I'm thinking Staal, but not sure) from behind. Anyone remember the specifics? It was 2-3 years ago, I think. That's the same exact thing that Rupp did. Making a guy answer the bell for a dirty play on a teammate.

Disclaimer: this is not part of some agenda to promote the notion that this team needs Avery. Its just me defending what I feel the truth of the matter is. Avery is such a polarizing character that people go to extremes to make their argument. The reality is somewhere in the middle: Avery certainly is a good player, and he's NHL-caliber, but he's not a necessity for this team to win and with our depth throughout the lineup this season, he really doesn't have a spot and in his most recent chance, he didn't do much to stand out positively (not that he was bad at all), or make a case for himself to stick around. If he made 900k less, he'd probably still be with the team as the 13th forward and be in and out of the lineup. But his salary is simply too high for that kind of 4th line role player, despite the talent he does show from time to time.

Last edited by Zuccarello Awesome*: 01-01-2012 at 12:04 PM.
Zuccarello Awesome* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2012, 12:09 PM
Ail
k.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dfence033 View Post
This team could go 98-0 without him next season, and he will still get mentions on a regular basis. He is THAT polarizing of a figure. He has been defecated on by the league for so long, that I can understand why his supporters go to such great lengths to defend him, but his play this year hasn't warranted a spot. For the record, I have been a HUGE Avery fan when he was first brought over. He gave the Rangers the spark they lacked. Now, he is the odd-man out who makes too much money on a team full of gritty, talented spark-plugs up against the salary cap. I don't wish ill on Avery, but his time in New York is over. I appreciate what he did for the Rangers (I think he had a huge hand in rejuvenating a team that looked complete soft and lost), but he just isn't useful with the glut of bottom-6ers the Rangers have right now.
Agree 100%. I will miss him, but the ship is sailing.

rip
Ail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2012, 12:55 PM
Bardof425*

The team is winning. Is Avery being out of the lineup the only thing people ***** about? No it isn't. Are people suggesting that if the team
Is winning *****ing is off limits? If so, then complaining about line combinations and other lineup decisions should cease. Either we as fans have the right to discuss what will make the team even better than it is or not. And that includes the absence of Sean Avery.

Bardof425* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2012, 01:30 PM
Zuccarello Awesome*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bardof425 View Post
The team is winning. Is Avery being out of the lineup the only thing people ***** about? No it isn't. Are people suggesting that if the team
Is winning *****ing is off limits? If so, then complaining about line combinations and other lineup decisions should cease. Either we as fans have the right to discuss what will make the team even better than it is or not. And that includes the absence of Sean Avery.
What do you think this is, a democracy?

Zuccarello Awesome* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2012, 01:55 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuccarello Awesome View Post
Except you've already been proven wrong, and now you're changing your tone from "Avery doesn't do stuff like that" to "did I say Avery doesnt stick up for his teammates? I never argued that"

And I distinctly remember Avery jumping someone after they hit a ranger (I'm thinking Staal, but not sure) from behind. Anyone remember the specifics? It was 2-3 years ago, I think. That's the same exact thing that Rupp did. Making a guy answer the bell for a dirty play on a teammate.

Disclaimer: this is not part of some agenda to promote the notion that this team needs Avery. Its just me defending what I feel the truth of the matter is. Avery is such a polarizing character that people go to extremes to make their argument. The reality is somewhere in the middle: Avery certainly is a good player, and he's NHL-caliber, but he's not a necessity for this team to win and with our depth throughout the lineup this season, he really doesn't have a spot and in his most recent chance, he didn't do much to stand out positively (not that he was bad at all), or make a case for himself to stick around. If he made 900k less, he'd probably still be with the team as the 13th forward and be in and out of the lineup. But his salary is simply too high for that kind of 4th line role player, despite the talent he does show from time to time.
In that video, show me what Avery did that is ANYTHING SIMILAR to what Rupp did.

Carcillo runs Gaborik, Avery challenges him, he accepts.

Kopecky SUCKER PUNCHES MDZ, the refs try to break everything up, Rupp says **** that, grabs Kopecky and pounds him.

How is it in anyway similar? Girardi defended Gaborik last year too, and he wouldn't do what Rupp did. There's plenty of players on this team who defend their teammates who wouldn't do what Rupp did. Dropping the gloves and fighting mutually is not the same as grabbing somebody and making them pay, largely in part because Avery is not a great fighter.

Boyle also has defended his teammates, but since he's a **** fighter he couldn't do something like that.

Changing my tone? Please. People act like I have an agenda against this guy when I was defending him last year- last year when we DIDN'T HAVE BETTER OPTIONS. Sean Avery would not, or COULD NOT, do what Mike Rupp did there. People aren't afraid to fight Sean Avery.

The fact that Avery was dragged into this in the first place is ****ing ridiculous.