HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Flyers prospects on videotape

Closed Thread

Old
10-05-2004, 03:13 AM
montreal
Go Habs Go

vCash: 500
Flyers prospects on videotape

Just wanted to let you know that I have lots of flyer prospects on tape if your interested in seeing certain guys play. I'm in Delaware now, but I lived outside philly for 25 years and played my high school hockey in the del val south for St. James in Chester.

I get Russian, QMJHL, NCAA, OHL mostly, with some WHL, and Finnish as well. I make tapes for friends, since just about everyone I grew up with is a flyers fan.

I know I have Richards, Ruzicka, Tremblay, Bruckler, Potulny, Drozdetsky, Grumet-Morris, and I think I have a few of Carter's games not sure though.

I will hopefully get a lot of Laliberte games this year with some Cabana games as well.

Old
10-05-2004, 09:40 AM
John Flyers Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal
Just wanted to let you know that I have lots of flyer prospects on tape if your interested in seeing certain guys play. I'm in Delaware now, but I lived outside philly for 25 years and played my high school hockey in the del val south for St. James in Chester.
What years did you play hockey for St. James ???

Old
10-05-2004, 01:09 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Flyers Fan
What years did you play hockey for St. James ???

Close to the very end of the school. '89-'91 I left St James half way through when they told us the school was going to close by '93. Did you play for the Bulldogs?

Old
10-05-2004, 01:10 PM
John Flyers Fan

Quote:
Close to the very end of the school. '89-'91 I left St James half way through when they told us the school was going to close by '93. Did you play for the Bulldogs?
No , I played against them. I played from 89-93, St. James was one of our bigger rivals.

My senior year I tied for the league lead in scoring with a guy from St. James.

Old
10-05-2004, 05:58 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
No , I played against them. I played from 89-93, St. James was one of our bigger rivals.

My senior year I tied for the league lead in scoring with a guy from St. James.

O'Hara I take it? I forget who it was from St. James, maybe George Heinkle. I didn't follow the team after I left for Sun Valley HS.

Old
10-05-2004, 06:01 PM
John Flyers Fan

Quote:
O'Hara I take it? I forget who it was from St. James, maybe George Heinkle. I didn't follow the team after I left for Sun Valley HS.
No I went to Upper Darby, we played in the E.H.S.H.L it was a comination of public, catholic and private schools all in the same league.

I couldn't remember his name until you just brought it up, it was George Hinkle (sp?).

Old
10-05-2004, 06:22 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
No I went to Upper Darby, we played in the E.H.S.H.L it was a comination of public, catholic and private schools all in the same league.

I couldn't remember his name until you just brought it up, it was George Hinkle (sp?).

I know Darby well since I seen a few shows at the tower. Our biggest rival was O'Hara (lots of hot girls though ) I also remember Malvern Prep and Strathaven being really tough teams. I played mostly on the JV team as a freshman and some Varsity as a sophomore. I always enjoyed the O'Hara and Havaford travel teams, some of those games got nuts.

And Hinkle had one heck of a slap shot. He hit me in the foot with it once, my foot was swollen for a month.

Old
10-05-2004, 06:24 PM
John Flyers Fan

Quote:
I know Darby well since I seen a few shows at the tower. Our biggest rival was O'Hara (lots of hot girls though ) I also remember Malvern Prep and Strathaven being really tough teams. I played mostly on the JV team as a freshman and some Varsity as a sophomore. I always enjoyed the O'Hara and Havaford travel teams, some of those games got nuts.

And Hinkle had one heck of a slap shot. He hit me in the foot with it once, my foot was swollen for a month.
Malvern was a power, but Strathaven sucked while I was there (I had 10 points against them one night )

Old
10-05-2004, 07:25 PM
Roger's Pancreas*

Send a message via AIM to Roger's Pancreas*
I'd be really interested in seeing them play. Are you going to stream them, or put them up to be downloaded?

Old
10-05-2004, 07:38 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Malvern was a power, but Strathaven sucked while I was there (I had 10 points against them one night )

Nice. Malvern won states when I played if I recall correctly.

As for the vids, they are VHS, and I don't know how to stream them.

Old
10-05-2004, 08:59 PM
mercury

I went to Malvern '96-'00, but wasn't on the team (I'm "not a strong skater" LOL). We won the Flyers Cup my freshman year and went to the State Finals, but lost to Bethel Park, who won three in a row. I was at that game at IceLine; it was painful. Several freshmen were on the varsity squad that year, too. Malvern won States this past year, with a near-midget goalie, ironically named Bryan Mountain.

Old
10-06-2004, 01:04 PM
meadvilledog

Just thought I woulld chime in on this conversation. I played malvern and monsignor bonner quite a few times. They were allright. bethel park wasn't too bad either. We would always play in the Haverford arena. We won several state champs there

Old
10-06-2004, 09:32 PM
Grant Dovey

Send a message via ICQ to Grant Dovey Send a message via AIM to Grant Dovey Send a message via MSN to Grant Dovey Send a message via Yahoo to Grant Dovey
Montreal, check your pm's.

Closed Thread