HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Notices

Oilers vs Islanders

Closed Thread

Old
12-31-2011, 02:40 PM
I am the Liquor

vCash: 8345
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatKeith View Post
Sweet, we can trade our 1st pick for Mark Streit and RNH for DiPietro!
How many years in a row did Milbury teams finish last?

Tambellini IS the new Milbury.

Old
SephF
Thanks Smytty

vCash: 500
What happened to Jones?

Old
Joseppi

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by bam83 View Post
On a side note after watching the first 5 minutes on the winter classic alumni game Mark Messier still has better hands then Shawn Horcoff.
This is actually a pretty damn good alumni game.

Old
12-31-2011, 02:41 PM
oilersfan11

Quote:
Originally Posted by bam83 View Post
What happened to Jones?
He got a puck off of the ankle when he went down to block a puck.

Old
12-31-2011, 02:42 PM
SephF
Thanks Smytty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseppi View Post
This is actually a pretty damn good alumni game.
Yeah man, Parent with a beauty of a save for a 70 year old man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilersfan11 View Post
He got a puck off of the ankle when he went down to block a puck.
Thanks, hope he's alright.

Old
12-31-2011, 02:43 PM
GreatKeith

Quote:
Originally Posted by I am the Liquor View Post
How many years in a row did Milbury teams finish last?

Tambellini IS the new Milbury.
http://hfboards.com/archive/index.php/t-50095

Like I said, he can trade our first for Streit and RNH for DiPietro.

Old
12-31-2011, 02:43 PM
OntOilFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatKeith View Post
http://hfboards.com/archive/index.php/t-50095

Like I said, he can trade our first for Streit and RNH for DiPietro.
You must love losing.

Old
12-31-2011, 02:44 PM
soothsayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNumber4 View Post
People keep preaching TRADE, but if you sit down and look at our situation you will ALL realize that we'd get the best value if we wait for the trade deadline. SO WHY THE **** ARE YOU SAYING WE NEED TRADES. BE PATIENT AND STOP ACTING LIKE LITTLE BABIES. Tambo will make the moves when the move value is there
Precisely because you are preaching the 'embracing losing' mentality. The past few years people haven't been asking for trades, what you fail to realize is that people are tired of going 6 years without any kind of success. We are on pace for a third consecutive first overall pick. People are asking for a trade NOW because if we wait until the deadline we will have yet another lottery pick. If we trade NOW we have a chance for improvement. If nothing else it shows the management's actual commitment to winning, which at this point is pretty hard to believe. I don't think its all that hard to understand.

Old
12-31-2011, 02:44 PM
GreatKeith

Quote:
Originally Posted by OntOilFan View Post
You must love losing.
I sure love horrible deals! Eberle for Mark Martin straight up!

Old
12-31-2011, 02:45 PM
TheNumber4

Quote:
Originally Posted by OILFAN #81 View Post
Lol come on.......we have gone 7-17-1 in the last 25 games and have won 1 out of the last 9 games..........how is that improvement???? We have decent players up front but our DEFENSE sucks. How have we improved on personnel at d?
This means nothing. Were still 5th worst in the league vs. worst in the league. That by definition means we have improved. If this improvement isn't enough for you ten you are expecting too much.

We ATTEMPTED to get better at defense this year. Potter, Sutton, and Barker are all new. Potter was a good pick up. Barker may or may not make it. Sutton at the very least makes us bigger. Are we better? Maybe, maybe not. But management did try. And it takes time to filter through the ****** pick ups to find our core. At this point in our rebuild we shouldn't expect to have a solidified d yet.

Old
12-31-2011, 02:45 PM
Hockey Nightmare

Quote:
Originally Posted by OntOilFan View Post
You must love losing.
I have him on ignore because he's so ****ing annoying. Maybe him and Tambo are related?

Old
12-31-2011, 02:46 PM
loyaloil

Well looks like it's about time to start watching the prospects in the 2012 draft more closely instead of watching the crap that is the Oilers.

Old
12-31-2011, 02:48 PM
Hockey Nightmare

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNumber4 View Post
This means nothing. Were still 5th worst in the league vs. worst in the league. That by definition means we have improved. If this improvement isn't enough for you ten you are expecting too much.

We ATTEMPTED to get better at defense this year. Potter, Sutton, and Barker are all new. Potter was a good pick up. Barker may or may not make it. Sutton at the very least makes us bigger. Are we better? Maybe, maybe not. But management did try. And it takes time to filter through the ****** pick ups to find our core. At this point in our rebuild we shouldn't expect to have a solidified d yet.
Do you know why this is all ********? Because our number one defenceman has been a gigantic question mark since before the season even started. Yet Tambo did jack to address that little problem. Everyone knew it could be a problem. Except the GM?

Old
12-31-2011, 02:49 PM
TheNumber4

Quote:
Originally Posted by soothsayer View Post
Precisely because you are preaching the 'embracing losing' mentality. The past few years people haven't been asking for trades, what you fail to realize is that people are tired of going 6 years without any kind of success. We are on pace for a third consecutive first overall pick. People are asking for a trade NOW because if we wait until the deadline we will have yet another lottery pick. If we trade NOW we have a chance for improvement. If nothing else it shows the management's actual commitment to winning, which at this point is pretty hard to believe. I don't think its all that hard to understand.
I'm not embracing losing. I'm being realistic. It's a lot better to be realistic than to have unreasonable expectations like most fans then ***** and moan and be stressed out about our team for no reason. I enjoy watching the Oilers games whether we lose or win. And I definately don't feel like crying like a little baby and blaming management every time the Oilers lose. It's not that I accept losing, it's that I accept the reality of our situation. It's a 30 team league and to dig ourselves out of dead last, it'll take 1 or 2 years. To be a contender, at least 3 years. REALIZE THAT AND YOU'LL BE A LESS PISSED OFF OIL FAN.

Old
12-31-2011, 02:49 PM
GreatKeith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Take the Shot View Post
Do you know why this is all ********? Because our number one defenceman has been a gigantic question mark since before the season even started. Yet Tambo did jack to address that little problem. Everyone knew it could be a problem. Except the GM?
Not that you'll read this because you have me on ignore anyway...

But I guess he should've traded Whitney while he was injured. Because so many teams would've taken him, am I right?

Old
12-31-2011, 02:51 PM
TheNumber4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Take the Shot View Post
Right. Tambo is such an idiot. He should have traded away Hall for the number 1 defenseman. Oh you don't want to make that move?

We ****, let's package Hemsky, Gagner, and Peckham for a number 1 defenseman. Oh wait. No teams are stupid enough to make that deal.

Well. Tambo's an idiot for not ******** out a number 1 defenseman out of thin air then right.

Closed Thread