HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > San Jose Sharks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

10,000 Pt XXIV | A treatise on Shark board nerdiness (at least the last one was)

Closed Thread

Old
01-18-2012, 01:37 PM
KirbyDots

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBJenga View Post
...You don't bike in Davis? You have got to be like one of the four people who do that. And the other three don't actually have legs.
I'm from Davis and don't even know how to ride a bike.

Old
01-18-2012, 01:41 PM
Mafoofoo
:facepalm:

Quote:
Originally Posted by KpopandHockey View Post
I enjoy walking much more. I walk everywhere.
Whaat? Biking is tons of fun. Walking is for chumps.

Old
01-18-2012, 02:23 PM
DrFeelgood
Chairman Meow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitten Mittons View Post
Next thing you're gonna tell me is you ain't paying it for it either?
I don't know what you're talking about...

Old
01-18-2012, 03:34 PM
sharkbite3
Don't Go Joe

██ █████ █████ ██ ███ ██. ███ ███ This comment has been found in violation of H.R. 3261, S.O.P.A. and has been removed.

Old
01-18-2012, 03:45 PM
hockeyball

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharkbite3 View Post
██ █████ █████ ██ ███ ██. ███ ███ This comment has been found in violation of H.R. 3261, S.O.P.A. and has been removed.
I love how republicans are generally in favor of that peice of garbage and at the same time crying 'smaller government!'

/facepalm

btw, I don't affiliate myself with either party, don't like the general idea.

Old
01-18-2012, 03:50 PM
sharkbite3
Don't Go Joe

Yep, the two-party system is a false paradigm where you typically get either the iron fist or the iron fist with a velvet glove. Plus both parties buddy up behind closed doors and make deals/policies. Ron Paul is just about the only real politician you can find (who's only running as a Republican because he'd never have a chance as a Libertarian). I mean yeah there are others but none as "out there" as him. But the mainstream media tries to make everyone forget he exists, lol.

Old
01-18-2012, 04:07 PM
param

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by KirbyDots View Post
I'm from Davis and don't even know how to ride a bike.
You know how people say, "You never forget how to ride a bike." Well it's BS, complete ****ing BS. You forget. I've never forgotten how to roller blade, but I did forget how to ride a bike for a long long time.

Old
01-18-2012, 04:09 PM
Inub0i
I will Q

Send a message via AIM to Inub0i Send a message via MSN to Inub0i Send a message via Skype™ to Inub0i
Turns out that for my Analytic Writing Class (Writing 39B), I'm gonna be watching Doctor Who the whole quarter. WHOOO!!!!!!

Old
01-18-2012, 04:36 PM
DrFeelgood
Chairman Meow

Quote:
Yep, the two-party system is a false paradigm where you typically get either the iron fist or the iron fist with a velvet glove. Plus both parties buddy up behind closed doors and make deals/policies. Ron Paul is just about the only real politician you can find (who's only running as a Republican because he'd never have a chance as a Libertarian). I mean yeah there are others but none as "out there" as him. But the mainstream media tries to make everyone forget he exists, lol.
I like his stance on states rights, but he has some really wacky ideas in some other areas. Most notably, he does not favor the separation of church and state.

Old
01-18-2012, 04:37 PM
Mafoofoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inub0i View Post
Turns out that for my Analytic Writing Class (Writing 39B), I'm gonna be watching Doctor Who the whole quarter. WHOOO!!!!!!
Yeah well we saw Indiana Jones in Archaeology.

Quote:
Originally Posted by param View Post
You know how people say, "You never forget how to ride a bike." Well it's BS, complete ****ing BS. You forget. I've never forgotten how to roller blade, but I did forget how to ride a bike for a long long time.
No way. You totally don't forget. Maybe you'll be more wobbly and slow or whatever but no way you straight up forget how to do everything.

Old
01-18-2012, 04:44 PM
hockeyball

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrFeelgood View Post
I like his stance on states rights, but he has some really wacky ideas in some other areas. Most notably, he does not favor the separation of church and state.
The vast majority of people I ask "Why did the US make such a point to seperate the church and state?" answer "To protect the government from religious influence"

"no.... It was to protect the church from the government. These people just left a country where the King abolished their church and setup his own so he could divorce his wife"

People should really pay attention in history class, it's important.

Old
01-18-2012, 04:46 PM
sharkbite3
Don't Go Joe

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrFeelgood View Post
He's a Constitutionalist, so the way he sees it is that there may be no theocracy and no law may be written that is based on faith. Well here, this is how he says it.

And FWIW I'm a lifelong atheist, but I know not everyone shares that point of view, so I think Paul's ideas on the matter are at least better than those who completely speak against the Constitution and say that religion should be a huge factor in government.

Old
01-18-2012, 04:48 PM
hockeyball

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mafoofoo View Post
Yeah well we saw Indiana Jones in Archaeology.

No way. You totally don't forget. Maybe you'll be more wobbly and slow or whatever but no way you straight up forget how to do everything.
I took a film class in college once and holy crap was it good. We watched some great movies I never would have seen (The Fountainhead, About Schmidt) and some classics (Star Wars) but I really did learn a lot about how movies are made, how to analyze them, etc. I took it because I was short a few credits, but it ended up really sticking with me to this day.

Old
01-18-2012, 04:56 PM
DrFeelgood
Chairman Meow

Quote:
And FWIW I'm a lifelong atheist, but I know not everyone shares that point of view, so I think Paul's ideas on the matter are at least better than those who completely speak against the Constitution and say that religion should be a huge factor in government.
I'll agree with you completely there.

It's politics, so I don't expect to agree with him on everything. He's probably the best candidate of the republicans, but that's really not saying a whole lot.

Old
01-18-2012, 05:04 PM
WTFetus
Most popular

Quote:
I enjoy walking much more. I walk everywhere.
I hate walking.

Old
01-18-2012, 05:06 PM
slocal
Global Moderator
It stinks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTFetus View Post
I hate walking.
Agreed. We need motorized sidewalks

"there's nothing good about dubstep." - The Nemesis
Old
01-18-2012, 05:07 PM
sharkbite3
Don't Go Joe

Yeah, something is probably wrong if you agree with any one candidate on everything. I certainly don't share every idea/belief that Paul has, but I think he uses common sense way more than any other candidate and for that reason alone I doubt he has a shot at the nomination. Paul does have a huge following, but that won't counteract the high number of morons we have in this country that actually think Romney or Gingrinch are wholesome, honest people.

Gingrinch, for one, denies ever going to the Bohemian Grove (where Republicans meet every year and it's been reported all over that gay prostitutes have made trips there at the same time) even though it's well-documented fact that he has been there. His name is on the document that lists everyone to attend the annual events, yet he still plays dumb and denies ever going. He is, to put it bluntly, a complete liar.

/rant

Old
01-18-2012, 05:10 PM
Mafoofoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by slocal View Post
Free segways for everyone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyball View Post
I took a film class in college once and holy crap was it good. We watched some great movies I never would have seen (The Fountainhead, About Schmidt) and some classics (Star Wars) but I really did learn a lot about how movies are made, how to analyze them, etc. I took it because I was short a few credits, but it ended up really sticking with me to this day.
Oh wow that sounds pretty neat. The only film classes we have here are all like "analyze silent films" or "alfred hitchcock. the class". I've yet to have a class where I took it just for credits but in the end turned out being super amazing. Though my Astronomy class where the professor feels the need to teach using interpretive dance in addition to lecture at 7:30 in the morning may take that title. Just out of sheer ridiculousness.

Old
01-18-2012, 05:15 PM
DrFeelgood
Chairman Meow

Quote:
Gingrinch, for one, denies ever going to the Bohemian Grove (where Republicans meet every year and it's been reported all over that gay prostitutes have made trips there at the same time) even though it's well-documented fact that he has been there. His name is on the document that lists everyone to attend the annual events, yet he still plays dumb and denies ever going. He is, to put it bluntly, a complete liar.
Gingrich is a huge piece of ****, I think that is well documented. I mean, come on, he cheated on and left his wife while she was in the hospital for cancer while advocating impeachment for Clinton for the whole Lewinski fiasco.

Old
01-18-2012, 05:17 PM
SoupyFIN
Lu ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTFetus View Post
I hate walking.
Quote:
Originally Posted by slocal View Post
Quote:
Oh you yanks, so funny.

Old
01-18-2012, 05:17 PM
hockeyball

Quote:
Yeah, something is probably wrong if you agree with any one candidate on everything. I certainly don't share every idea/belief that Paul has, but I think he uses common sense way more than any other candidate and for that reason alone I doubt he has a shot at the nomination. Paul does have a huge following, but that won't counteract the high number of morons we have in this country that actually think Romney or Gingrinch are wholesome, honest people.

/rant
I went to the Reagen library recently, I grew up with Reagan as president but going to the library (which is btw, incredibly awesome, even if you didn't like the guy) and was reminded the biggest difference between the Republican party when he was president, and today. Reagen's message was about hope and confidence in America. He constantly pounded into peoples head that this is the greatest country on earth, that we will come through our problems stronger than ever, etc. Today the Republican party (both parties really) are about fear. Kind of depressing.

It's why I think it should be made illegal to affiliate yourself with any one party. I party can endorse a candidate, but a candidate cannot claim himself a representative of a party. So the Republicans can choose to suggest a candidate to their constituency, but that candidate, but the Green party could support the same guy too. The candidate would feel considerably less pressure to 'toe the company line', and 'return favors' once elected. It's mostly a perception thing, but that can make all the difference. Couple it with tax payer funded campaign funds/limits and I think we might actually get some people who belong in the office running for president.

Quote:

Oh wow that sounds pretty neat. The only film classes we have here are all like "analyze silent films" or "alfred hitchcock. the class".
Yah it was very cool. It really made me think of movies (some anyway) as art and not just entertainment.

Old
01-18-2012, 05:21 PM
sharkbite3
Don't Go Joe

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyball View Post
I went to the Reagen library recently, I grew up with Reagan as president but going to the library (which is btw, incredibly awesome, even if you didn't like the guy) and was reminded the biggest difference between the Republican party when he was president, and today. Reagen's message was about hope and confidence in America. He constantly pounded into peoples head that this is the greatest country on earth, that we will come through our problems stronger than ever, etc. Today the Republican party (both parties really) are about fear. Kind of depressing.

It's why I think it should be made illegal to affiliate yourself with any one party. I party can endorse a candidate, but a candidate cannot claim himself a representative of a party. So the Republicans can choose to suggest a candidate to their constituency, but that candidate, but the Green party could support the same guy too. The candidate would feel considerably less pressure to 'toe the company line', and 'return favors' once elected. It's mostly a perception thing, but that can make all the difference. Couple it with tax payer funded campaign funds/limits and I think we might actually get some people who belong in the office running for president.
I like that! I really hate the red/blue crap. I'm completely against the war on drugs (our government has been caught time and time again running drugs/drug money), but Reagan did have what you mentioned right.

Old
01-18-2012, 05:23 PM
KpopandHockey
HFBoards Sponsor

Absolutely terrible day, I have to walk around with a silver dollar sized blister at the top of my foot (from my burning accident). Only to come home and remember that ****** is shut down.

I have come to the harsh conclusion that, while I absolutely love cooking, I need to marry someone who can cook for me. I'm too much of a hazard to myself when I try cooking. My cooking-related injuries are just far too high.

Last edited by KpopandHockey: 01-18-2012 at 05:29 PM.
Old
01-18-2012, 05:31 PM
SoupyFIN
Lu ♥

Quote:
Absolutely terrible day, I have to walk around with a silver dollar sized blister at the top of my foot (from my burning accident). Only to come home and remember that ****** is shut down.

I'll try to enlighten your day.

Old
01-18-2012, 05:42 PM
hockeyball

Quote:

I have come to the harsh conclusion that, while I absolutely love cooking, I need to marry someone who can cook for me. I'm too much of a hazard to myself when I try cooking. My cooking-related injuries are just far too high.
haha, cooking is a dangerous job, any chef will tell you. I do all the cooking in my family (my wife is afraid of the kitchen, though she bakes a little) and have burned the crap out of myself so often I don't even feel it anymore. I accidentally splashed (tiny amount) boiling olive oil on myself and a house guest yesterday and she ran around yelping and I didn't even notice heh.

Closed Thread