HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Is a trade coming soon?

Closed Thread

Old
01-08-2012, 10:53 AM
CHGoalie27
GWAAARRRRRRR

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laus723 View Post
Well, point being that a forward or three (kidding, sort of) would have to be moved as well. Other Santo, I don't know who stands out. If we could get an upgrade over Matthias, as much as I love the guy, I could see him being moved. Would have to be a great upgrade...I hope. Not sure who else.

Yeah, I do, just wish Hemsky wasn't so injury prone. Also wish he was more physical.
I know you'll back me up if I further your point by saying, his hands would be nice to have, but we might be a Mike Rupp away from winning the cup.
I wish Tallon didn't openly hate Artyukhin to give him a chance with the guys on this team.

Old
01-08-2012, 10:54 AM
CHGoalie27
GWAAARRRRRRR

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHGoalie72 View Post
I know you'll back me up if I further your point by saying, his hands would be nice to have, but we might be a Mike Rupp away from winning the cup.
I wish Tallon didn't openly hate Artyukhin to give him a chance with the guys on this team.
..talk about logjam.

Old
01-08-2012, 11:02 AM
Laus723
Future Now

Quote:
Quote:
..talk about logjam.
No, don't back you up, actually. Unless we move Bradley for him, as I do think Rupp's more talented. Though, I get that you mean type, and not him (I think), because I don't think NYR will move him.

I've always been a fan of R2. Fast as hell, big as hell, hits like a cement truck, but doesn't have hands. Good bottom sixer.

01-08-2012, 11:30 AM
Tuco

Quote:
Well, point being that a forward or three (kidding, sort of) would have to be moved as well. Other Santo, I don't know who stands out. If we could get an upgrade over Matthias, as much as I love the guy, I could see him being moved. Would have to be a great upgrade...I hope. Not sure who else.

Yeah, I do, just wish Hemsky wasn't so injury prone. Also wish he was more physical.
Sure, but then Ellerby + 2nd would not make it (assuming it would now).

I guess I would be ok with this. Would hope for something else though (no guys made of glass, we have enough injury prone players alredy).

Would also be open to paying a steeper price than just Ellerby + 2nd. Take any of Goc, Matthias, Santo, and a high pick (our 1st is not out of question), plus a good prospect (even Bjugstad or Howden, not Hubey), and give me a young high end 2nd line center.

Old
01-08-2012, 11:37 AM
OFD
Metal Thrasing Mad

Quote:
Originally Posted by panthersflames1 View Post
Ya i think ellerby would be a good player for you guys. He still has a lot of potential and i can see him playing on the second or third pairing there.
So far I don't know much about him. A bit worried about his -4 rating on a team that leads their division. But I try not to judge too much on +/- ratings. His hometown is not far from here, and he is still young so who knows right? He has good size too which is always a plus.

Quote:
He's been dishing out more hits this year, at least from what I have noticed. Guess it shows his shoulders are much better than previous years.

Old
01-08-2012, 11:38 AM
RainingRats

I think people are panicking, getting nervous, or are not comfortable holding on to the division lead. We're on pace for almost 100 points at the halfway mark. This is fantastic. It was eventual we were going to slump at some point, the season is too long not to. Now we need to get back on track, no reason we shouldn't be able to since we're getting healthy again, and put some wins together. I doubt Tallon makes any trades until the deadline unless we can get a big name player.

Old
01-08-2012, 11:50 AM
adam graves
Panthers 17yr sth

An oiler fans response to my inquiry:

Originally Posted by Oilbleeder
If you could do the same for Ellerby, I'd appreciate it.

Ales Hemsky:

The good:

- Great skater
- Hands are some of the best in the league
- If given the chance, can take over a game.
- Great vision for passing
- Worked his ass off to become a average defensive player

The bad:

- After 2 season ending shoulder surgeries, he doesn't really go into dirty areas as much
- We've tried to find him the perfect playing mate unsuccessfully for the past 4-5 years. He really doesn't have consistent chemistry with anyone apart from one Shawn Horcoff.

- Sometimes makes poor plays which question his Hockey IQ
- Injury prone

His recent form might be human nature playing for this team rather a reflection of his abilities. The has, before this season, given everything for this team. He went into dirty areas, got obliterated and got straight back up. This team sucking for another year has probably left him sick of losing.

Old
01-08-2012, 12:00 PM
OFD
Metal Thrasing Mad

Hemsky deserves to win. All the hard work, the injuries and all the hits he has taken going into the dirty areas for this team and not winning has probably made him feel restless. He needs to be on a winning team he can commit to. He was great for us during our cup run back in '06, but a lot has changed since then especially the past 2 years.
If this trade happens, he will be a great fit for your team and will help you come playoff time.

Old
01-08-2012, 12:10 PM
adam graves
Panthers 17yr sth

Quote:
Originally Posted by OFD View Post
Hemsky deserves to win. All the hard work, the injuries and all the hits he has taken going into the dirty areas for this team and not winning has probably made him feel restless. He needs to be on a winning team he can commit to. He was great for us during our cup run back in '06, but a lot has changed since then especially the past 2 years.
If this trade happens, he will be a great fit for your team and will help you come playoff time.
thx for taking the time out and opining here!!!

Old
01-08-2012, 12:12 PM
luby3131

I'd take the Hemsky deal from both sides. Ellerby has improved this year, but he is expendable. In Hemsky, we would be getting a VERY skilled top 6 forward. He's very similar to Fleischmann IMO.

Old
01-08-2012, 12:16 PM
Gudbranson44

not sure id like to pay that price for a rental... i mean ellerby isnt a bust, hes just trapped behind 6 great defendeers.. plus hes still really young!
a 2nd rounder, i sure hope its not whatever is left over from versteeg trade, meaning 12 or 13.. on the other hand, id be perfectly fine if it was a sign and trade... its a fair price for a signed hemsky, but for a 30 game rental... naah

Old
01-08-2012, 12:18 PM
adam graves
Panthers 17yr sth

Could someone return the favor to the oiler board and give them a detailed strength and weakness on Ellerby. They have a rumor thread on their page and looking for this.

Old
01-08-2012, 12:32 PM
Laus723
Future Now

Great to hear Ales will play the body like that. Makes me feel better should the trade happen, nervous about moving Ellerby, but we have guys in the system.

In the end, I trust Tallon. Would imagine that another trade would be coming for reasons I stated earlier.

Old
01-08-2012, 12:41 PM
AaronEkbald
Nothing to see here

We trade for Hemsky then he gets injured.

I'm calling it.

Old
01-08-2012, 12:48 PM
Ghoste
Vigo the Carpathian

vCash: 835
I'd rather hear Tallon trying to acquire a Ryan or someone like that who would have a bigger impact.

-ghoste

Old
01-08-2012, 12:55 PM
AaronEkbald
Nothing to see here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghoste View Post
I'd rather hear Tallon trying to acquire a Ryan or someone like that who would have a bigger impact.

-ghoste
Both Getzlaf and Ryan voiced their pleasure about staying in anaheim recently.

Old
01-08-2012, 01:01 PM
PantherboyHTR
An Old School Cat

Nice to see Hemsky is throwing the body this year. The thing that scares me about this "fantasy" deal is that Hemsky is very injury prone. I'm not big on acquiring guys who always make you cringe when they get hit. Makes my blood pressure rise too much. Especially with our injury luck (or lack there of) this year, I don't feel comfortable with this deal.

Also I'm not sold on moving Ellerby right now. If you want to go deep in the playoffs, you need depth. We have been extra lucky this year to not have any significant injuries on our blueline (which I think is an underrated key to our success). Imagine if we dealt Ellerby and then a game or two later one of our Dmen went down for a significant amount of time, we could be screwed.

I say play it safe, let our injured return, and then play our cards around the tradedeadline.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainingRats
I think people are panicking, getting nervous, or are not comfortable holding on to the division lead. We're on pace for almost 100 points at the halfway mark. This is fantastic. It was eventual we were going to slump at some point, the season is too long not to. Now we need to get back on track, no reason we shouldn't be able to since we're getting healthy again, and put some wins together. I doubt Tallon makes any trades until the deadline unless we can get a big name player.
This./

Old
01-08-2012, 01:11 PM
Laus723
Future Now

Wouldn't be surprised at all if Tallon makes a trade before the deadline. Did so last season with Skille and Frolik. We can use 2nd line help, but with the guys coming back it's not as desperate as it was.

I think we'll make some moves at the deadline, just no idea who'd we'd move out other than Santorelli, Ellerby, pick(s), and I can unfortunately see Matthias moved. Not sure why, just a feeling.

Old
01-08-2012, 01:28 PM
Bryanbryoil
I Know A Thing Or 6

Hemsky rarely plays the body TBH. Did I read an above post correctly that the Panthers don't have a 2012 2nd round pick? I have been hoping that Hemsky could return a solid prospect and a 1st round pick. Last year Penner returned a 1st (19th overall) Colten Teubert, and a 3rd round pick. I would be hesitant to move Hemsky for Ellerby and a 2nd unless Ellerby is a soon to be top 4 d-man.

01-08-2012, 01:35 PM
flomarilius

vCash: 515
Quote:
Wouldn't be surprised at all if Tallon makes a trade before the deadline. Did so last season with Skille and Frolik. We can use 2nd line help, but with the guys coming back it's not as desperate as it was.

I think we'll make some moves at the deadline, just no idea who'd we'd move out other than Santorelli, Ellerby, pick(s), and I can unfortunately see Matthias moved. Not sure why, just a feeling.
I highly doubt they move Matthias because I don't believe the league will offer what we think is enough for a player of his caliber. Great on defense and if he could keep his stick on the ice in the zone he could score a lot more often. Too much upside with Matthias to be let go for a rental IMO, but I have been wrong before.

Old
01-08-2012, 01:38 PM
Holy Jokinen

Quote:
Originally Posted by LassieMaven View Post
Both Getzlaf and Ryan voiced their pleasure about staying in anaheim recently.
Yeah, but apparently their GM was quoted as saying that only Getzlaf and Selanne were untouchable, or something to that extent. Does Ryan have a NMC? Cause otherwise, player happiness isn't considered in the business of hockey. (see: David Booth)

Old
01-08-2012, 01:40 PM
Laus723
Future Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanbryoil View Post
Hemsky rarely plays the body TBH. Did I read an above post correctly that the Panthers don't have a 2012 2nd round pick? I have been hoping that Hemsky could return a solid prospect and a 1st round pick. Last year Penner returned a 1st (19th overall) Colten Teubert, and a 3rd round pick. I would be hesitant to move Hemsky for Ellerby and a 2nd unless Ellerby is a soon to be top 4 d-man.
We traded our 2nd to Philly for Versteeg, but it's conditional and I think it can be 2013's 2nd instead, our choice. Don't quote me on that, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flomarilius View Post
I highly doubt they move Matthias because I don't believe the league will offer what we think is enough for a player of his caliber. Great on defense and if he could keep his stick on the ice in the zone he could score a lot more often. Too much upside with Matthias to be let go for a rental IMO, but I have been wrong before.
Trust me, I'd love to have Matthias here long term. Love the kid, but you do have to give to get, and if it meant helping to bring say Ryan or Getzlaf back...I'd be A-OK with moving him.

Old
01-08-2012, 01:43 PM
flomarilius

vCash: 515
I would too for Ryan or Getzlaf but does the league value him as much as we do. In the other words, do they see him as substantial reward because I think they don't.

Old
01-08-2012, 01:43 PM
Laus723
Future Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holy Jokinen View Post
Yeah, but apparently their GM was quoted as saying that only Getzlaf and Selanne were untouchable, or something to that extent. Does Ryan have a NMC? Cause otherwise, player happiness isn't considered in the business of hockey. (see: David Booth)
It was Koivu and Selanne, and only because they had NMC's.

Old
01-08-2012, 01:47 PM
Holy Jokinen

Quote:
It was Koivu and Selanne, and only because they had NMC's.
Thanks for the correction... couldn't remember who it was

Closed Thread