HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Notices

Is a trade coming soon?

Closed Thread

Old
01-08-2012, 01:51 PM
Laus723
Future Now

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by flomarilius View Post
I would too for Ryan or Getzlaf but does the league value him as much as we do. In the other words, do they see him as substantial reward because I think they don't.
Dunno, he was held in pretty high esteem, I believe, coming out of Juniors, but that doesn't mean much now. I'm sure scouts see what he possesses, but we'd have to certainly sweeten the pot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holy Jokinen View Post
Thanks for the correction... couldn't remember who it was
Was surprised to hear that those were the only two, with Perry being another I'd be surprised to see them move. Still, I'll believe they're really on the block when their trade comes across the ticker.

01-08-2012, 02:05 PM
flomarilius

vCash: 515
Hey Laus what do you think it would take to get Semin? A first and I'm guessing a prospect but which one?

Old
01-08-2012, 02:19 PM
pb1300
BLEED RED

Send a message via Yahoo to pb1300
Quote:
Hey Laus what do you think it would take to get Semin? A first and I'm guessing a prospect but which one?
Washington wont trade him to us, no way, end of discussion.

Old
01-08-2012, 02:38 PM
Laus723
Future Now

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by pb1300 View Post
Washington wont trade him to us, no way, end of discussion.
That, and to be honest, I don't want any part of him. Just not at all a fan, and think he's too far away from bolting to the K.

Old
01-08-2012, 02:43 PM
PanthersHockey1
Avs Bandwagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laus723 View Post
That, and to be honest, I don't want any part of him. Just not at all a fan, and think he's too far away from bolting to the K.
I agree not a guy whose a team player and there is no amount of skill that can replace not being a good team player.

Old
01-08-2012, 02:50 PM
flomarilius

I wasn't aware of the locker room issues I just figured he would be a hell of an addition to the second line. Anyone else think Jokinen is a no go as well? I just don't see what the Flames would want from us.

Old
01-08-2012, 02:54 PM
RainingRats

Quote:
I wasn't aware of the locker room issues I just figured he would be a hell of an addition to the second line. Anyone else think Jokinen is a no go as well? I just don't see what the Flames would want from us.
I'm 100% for Jokinen. His "issues" are so overblown it's ridiculous and unfair. One of the few, if not only, really good player who signed long term with us when he could have cashed in big on free agency. Not his fault he was surrounded with no talent and expected to carry the team.

Old
01-08-2012, 02:59 PM
Laus723
Future Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainingRats View Post
I'm 100% for Jokinen. His "issues" are so overblown it's ridiculous and unfair. One of the few, if not only, really good player who signed long term with us when he could have cashed in big on free agency. Not his fault he was surrounded with no talent and expected to carry the team.
Won't be a Panther again. Don't want any part of him, and don't think Tallon wants to bring him back here. He was only any good with Keenan and maybe a year or two afterward. Don't think it was overblown at all.

Old
01-08-2012, 03:03 PM
RainingRats

Quote:
Won't be a Panther again. Don't want any part of him, and don't think Tallon wants to bring him back here. He was only any good with Keenan and maybe a year or two afterward. Don't think it was overblown at all.
We'd be a lock for the playoffs with him as our second line center. I'd take him if the price is right. Why wouldn't Tallon want him? He had 54 points last season, has 33 in 43 games this year. He'd do well here.

Old
01-08-2012, 03:15 PM
CHGoalie27
GWAAARRRRRRR

Quote:
No, don't back you up, actually. Unless we move Bradley for him, as I do think Rupp's more talented. Though, I get that you mean type, and not him (I think), because I don't think NYR will move him.

I've always been a fan of R2. Fast as hell, big as hell, hits like a cement truck, but doesn't have hands. Good bottom sixer.
Well, yeah that's what I'm saying! So you back me up afterall?
From what I've seen in the past, for purpose, Arty would be more effective than Bradley. Insignificant to some people, but any way we can improve, every piece counts in a winner. I like Bradleys attitude, but to me he's just not looking as effective as I'd honestly like him to be in the battles. I like Barch though, he's good weight and energy.

Old
01-08-2012, 03:16 PM
AwesomePanthers
Go Quacks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OFD View Post

Hemsky rumours have turned up again, Tallon is believed to have offered Ellerby and a 2nd for Hemsky...will look father into it

Take it for what it's worth.
Oilers should take that and run imo. It's a very risky move by Tallon imo, rather Semin..

But I want Bobby Ryan the most. Maybe something like Dads, Shore, Howden + 2nd.

Old
01-08-2012, 03:36 PM
Tuco

Quote:
Isn't Joke a center. Thought you didn't think we need an upgrade at C?

Old
01-08-2012, 04:22 PM
ShootIt

So weird that that rumor would pop up after that was proposed by Florida fans on the Trade Forum here like a week ago.

Just turn off injuries in Settings if we get Hemsky.

Old
01-08-2012, 05:42 PM
AaronEkbald
Nothing to see here

IMO Not happening. Tallon won't move until the TD one would assume.

But he hasn't hesitated to make us better along the way. Only if opportunities present themselves.

Old
01-08-2012, 06:05 PM
JonathanHuberdoh
Maybe.....next year?

Send a message via AIM to JonathanHuberdoh
I like the initial idea of getting Hemsky, especially for Ellerby anda 2nd rounder. Not exactly a steep price for a guy who has great hands.

But then I thought about it. Hemsky is struggling this season and everyone knows his injury history. He's a hit away from being out for the season and that's not a nice thought, especially with our luck on that end. As I said I love his offensive abilities but I'd rather invest in a player that will play at least 70 games a season.

Also, losing Ellerby without getting any solid defensive depth back is a huge mistake IMO. As someone said he's the ideal 6th/7th d-man that can play a lot of different roles on the ice. He IS also getting better with every game and looks like he's going to turn into a solid NHLer. His skating is great and he lays out the body on a consistent basis. Pretty decent with the puck as well.

Trusting Yonkman or Robak to come in and do an adequate job on a line with an aging Jovo would be bad news. Our lack of depth on D is already cause for concern, and trading away essentially all of our depth for what could be an IR spot could definitely come back and bite us in the ass.

Old
01-08-2012, 06:07 PM
Ghoste
Vigo the Carpathian

vCash: 835
Quote:
Originally Posted by OFD View Post

Hemsky rumours have turned up again, Tallon is believed to have offered Ellerby and a 2nd for Hemsky...will look father into it

Take it for what it's worth.
So after this post, I went ahead and followed him on Twitter. Here's he's latest tweet:

Update: Tallon, FLA may make a move for Bobby Ryan. Also Dallas have joined the Ales Hemsky Sweepstakes (if you would call it that)

This reminds me a lot of Eklund and this thread could probably be merged with the rumors thread.

-ghoste

Old
01-08-2012, 06:19 PM
RainingRats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghoste View Post
So after this post, I went ahead and followed him on Twitter. Here's he's latest tweet:

Update: Tallon, FLA may make a move for Bobby Ryan. Also Dallas have joined the Ales Hemsky Sweepstakes (if you would call it that)

This reminds me a lot of Eklund and this thread could probably be merged with the rumors thread.

-ghoste
That guys has credibility? I don't think he does.

Old
01-08-2012, 06:27 PM
I May Be Wrong
I May Be The Stig

Send a message via MSN to I May Be Wrong
Quote:
That guys has credibility? I don't think he does.
Yeah, sounds like he's just trying to gain twitter followers.

Old
01-08-2012, 06:43 PM
Laus723
Future Now

Quote:
We'd be a lock for the playoffs with him as our second line center. I'd take him if the price is right. Why wouldn't Tallon want him? He had 54 points last season, has 33 in 43 games this year. He'd do well here.
We would? I'd rather be a lock well without him.

He didn't leave on good terms, it wasn't blown out of proportion, and he represents the old days. The bad days.

Old
01-08-2012, 06:54 PM
flomarilius

Yeah well what do we give for Ryan? He will be our highest paid player I believe at 5.5/per so with that cap hit do they take a Santorelli, Shore, Howden + a pick?

Old
01-08-2012, 06:56 PM
Boooooth10

Quote:
Yeah well what do we give for Ryan? He will be our highest paid player I believe at 5.5/per so with that cap hit do they take a Santorelli, Shore, Howden + a pick?
Forgot about Campbell? lol

Old
01-08-2012, 07:04 PM
flomarilius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boooooth10 View Post
Forgot about Campbell? lol
-___- completely I was thinking forwards woops.

Old
01-08-2012, 07:06 PM
Beezer
I'm Da Better Goalie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AwesomePanthers View Post
Oilers should take that and run imo. It's a very risky move by Tallon imo, rather Semin..

But I want Bobby Ryan the most. Maybe something like Dads, Shore, Howden + 2nd.
Too many prospects. As it stands now once everyone returns we would have to many players and 3 would be sitting out. My guess is 2-3 roster players have to be going the other way and returning 1 and we'd still sit 1-2 guys. Maybe even more now that we added Madden.

2 roster players for sure are out.

Say the trade goes through of Ellerby+2nd for Hemsky. I would then trade Santo+Matthias+prospect(Dads or Shore)+pick for Ryan.

Then with a healthy lineup we look like:

Flash-Weiss-Versteeg
Ryan-Goc-Hemsky
Sammy-Kopecky-Bergy
Upshall-Madden-Bradley/Barch/Skille/Sturm

Soupy-Garrison
Weaver-Kulikov
Guds-Jovo

Theo
Clemm

Next season we put Hubby on the 2nd line with Ryan & Hemsky!

Last edited by Beezer: 01-08-2012 at 07:18 PM.
Old
01-08-2012, 07:13 PM
PantherboyHTR
An Old School Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beezer View Post
Too many prospects. As it stands now once everyone returns we would have to many players and 3 would be sitting out. My guess is 2-3 roster players have to be going the other way and returning 1 and we'd still sit 1-2 guys. Maybe even more now that we added Madden.

2 roster players for sure are out.

Say the trade goes through of Ellerby+2nd for Hemsky. I would then trade Santo+Matthias+prospect(Dads or Shore) for Ryan.
Then with a healthy lineup we look like:

Flash-Weiss-Versteeg
Ryan-Goc-Hemsky
Sammy-Kopecky-Bergy
Upshall-Madden-Bradley/Barch/Skille/Sturm

Soupy-Garrison
Weaver-Kulikov
Guds-Jovo

Theo
Clemm

Next season we put Hubby on the 2nd line with Ryan & Hemsky!
No way the Ducks do this deal.

Old
01-08-2012, 07:17 PM
Beezer
I'm Da Better Goalie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PantherboyHTR View Post
No way the Ducks do this deal.
meant to put a pick in there too. edited. Not sure that's enough but we'd still have to be shipping out at least 2-3 roster players and returning one.

Closed Thread