HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > St. Louis Blues
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Game #38 St. Louis Blues at Detroit Red Wings

Old
12-31-2011, 07:54 PM
Stang

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigB View Post
Let's wrap Steen up in bubblewrap and put him back on the ice.

Stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2011, 07:54 PM
Blanick
Winter is coming

Just shoot the ****ing puck Oshie

Blanick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2011, 07:56 PM
Sushiko
Damn Blues

Terrible... I've been so excited watching the Blues but lately and esp tonight it just sucks. It's like the Blues of last year... and I fear I'll watch them fall into 14th place or something and still no playoffs. SO frustrating. I hope Hitchcock rips them all a new ass!

Sushiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2011, 07:57 PM
BigB
We Want Big Macs!

vCash: 804
We want Pie time..

BigB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2011, 07:59 PM
Blanick
Winter is coming

Why the **** is Berglund still being given ice time, cause god knows he hasn't earned it.

Old
PocketNines
Only a 2 year window

It's one bad game and I don't think it's a trend. Hitch clearly said something to them in between periods about the consequences of playing the third like the second.

PocketNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
BigB
We Want Big Macs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blanick View Post
Why the **** is Berglund still being given ice time, cause god knows he hasn't earned it.
Tell me how you really feel. LOL!!!!

Old
12-31-2011, 08:01 PM
CarvinSigX
Meh

Quote:
These last 4-5 games the Blues have been trending back to old problems. Defensive breakdowns, 3rd period collapses, lack of offense. I don't want to be the one to say it but I got a gut feeling we are looking at another hard January that by the end we see ourselves out of a playoff spot.

IMO this ownership needs to get settled and then we need to package Berglund and Stewart and maybe a pick for a true #1 playmaking center. This lack of offense is killing us.
This...I'd rather have a slumping Getzlaf than Berglund and Stewart's sorry play. It takes away some depth, but we'd get it back next year.

Berglund
Stewart
1st

Getzlaf

Perron Getzlaf Oshie
McDonald Backes D'agostini
Steen Sobotka Langenbrunner
Grachev Arnott Crombeen/Reaves

CarvinSigX is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2011, 08:01 PM
BigB
We Want Big Macs!

I think the Blues are wanting to go party.

Old
12-31-2011, 08:07 PM
TerminatorBlue

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarvinSigX View Post
This...I'd rather have a slumping Getzlaf than Berglund and Stewart's sorry play. It takes away some depth, but we'd get it back next year.

Berglund
Stewart
1st

Getzlaf

Perron Getzlaf Oshie
McDonald Backes D'agostini
Steen Sobotka Langenbrunner
Grachev Arnott Crombeen/Reaves
Close

Berglund
Schwartz
1st 2012

for

E. Staal or Getzlaf or Spezza or someone who can make a difference.

and if this still doesn't get us going well Stewart is next in line

TerminatorBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2011, 08:09 PM
Blanick
Winter is coming

Its almost like when there is a momentum shift in the game you can almost feel it coming before hand. That is the feeling I have going into the next month, again I hate to say it but I just know we are going to be out of the playoffs by the end of January.

I am just tired of Berglund, tired of hearing about how he has the ability to take over games (something we have NEVER seen). We need to trade him why he still has some value. Also, Chris Stewart will be our next Brad Boyes, if we hold onto him he will be traded for a 2nd or 3rd round pick 3-4 years from now.

Old
12-31-2011, 08:17 PM
BigB
We Want Big Macs!

Pang:

Ya, I am going to give Howard the Panger award.

Ouch...

Old
12-31-2011, 08:21 PM
BigB
We Want Big Macs!

Breakaway...

Stewart vs Goalie...

SHOOT WIDE! He will never see that coming!

Old
12-31-2011, 08:21 PM
Blanick
Winter is coming

Stewart

Old
12-31-2011, 08:28 PM
BigB
We Want Big Macs!

Abyssmal..

Old
12-31-2011, 08:30 PM
stlblueskiwi

Not even gonna comment on that display.

Happy New Year to all you Blues fans.

stlblueskiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2011, 08:30 PM
CarvinSigX
Meh

I'm tired of hearing that the other goal tender was so amazing...Hey John Kelly, have you ever thought that it may have been our non existent offense that always makes them look so good?

CarvinSigX is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2011, 08:31 PM
Thallis
We suck again!

vCash: 499
Send a message via MSN to Thallis
Quote:
Its almost like when there is a momentum shift in the game you can almost feel it coming before hand. That is the feeling I have going into the next month, again I hate to say it but I just know we are going to be out of the playoffs by the end of January.

I am just tired of Berglund, tired of hearing about how he has the ability to take over games (something we have NEVER seen). We need to trade him why he still has some value. Also, Chris Stewart will be our next Brad Boyes, if we hold onto him he will be traded for a 2nd or 3rd round pick 3-4 years from now.
This is the perfect example of an over reaction. How quickly we forget just how good he was at the end of last year when he DID take over games (along with the end of the year before) and everyone was positive he would break out this season. He has been doing fine this year in every category except +- and scoring points, something his entire line has struggled with. It's not very wise to start looking to trade every player who slumps, especially when they've been playing their role suitably and are only 23 years old. There have been multiple points over the past 3 years where this has happened, and the only time one of them has been traded was for an overpayment. In the case of every player, their play was picked up by the end of the year.

Thallis is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2011, 09:13 PM
FilthyNote*

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigB View Post
I think the Blues are wanting to go party.
Detroit is the last place I would want to go party. With the exception of North Korea.

FilthyNote* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2012, 02:06 AM
BergMan
#BackesForSelke

Wtf did I just watch?

BergMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2012, 02:32 AM
Pie Man
A-Pie

We should have gone after Turris to complete my dreams

Last edited by Celtic Note: 01-01-2012 at 01:41 PM. Reason: Please keep it clean.
Pie Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2012, 03:09 PM
execwrite

Cole probably gets a one-game suspension - maybe two.

Hitchcock mentioned that he likes Syvret.

execwrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2012, 03:29 PM
Celtic Note
Not in Ferguson

Quote:
Originally Posted by execwrite View Post
Cole probably gets a one-game suspension - maybe two.

Hitchcock mentioned that he likes Syvret.
When did he mention this? (Just out of curiosity)

Celtic Note is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2012, 03:37 PM
Meatwagon
Blues=Overrated

vCash: 6621
Why does everyone have to freak out and say the world is coming to an end because of a loss? We were bad and Detroit was good. It's not like we just got smashed by the islanders! Detroit is a great team and we are now .500 against them which is fine against a top 5 team in hockey.
The biggest problem is scoring, we make every goalie look like a vezina winner. I don't know the answer. They have poor shot selection. You are NOT going to score with wrist shots from the blue line too often. This team AGAIN has been destroyed by injuries, it's a freakin curse. We are getting some starters back and then others go down. They haven't played 1 game with the projected opening day roster. That's disgusting. If we can get Steen, Huskins and Mac attack back this is a completely different team. The Blues need all of their skilled players to have success. Blues have a bunch of 3-4 line depth players, but they have no minor league players who can step in and contribute a little offensively. When that happens, you need all of your skilled players on the ice for consistent offensive production. They need those three back and ten games to mesh and this becomes a dominant team. Everyone else will start gathering points and all of these silly, knee jerk trade proposals should stop(fingers crossed). So we can stop trying to give away our future. These are large players(Stewart/Berglund) who are only 23/24 and still need a few more years until they are in their primes. Our best players on offense and 25+(Oshie, Backes, Steen, Mac). We are missing that super elite player on our team, that can step in and succeed the minute they touch the ice. These are players who need a little more time to figure it out. They ARE doing great and these last few games aren't indicative of future success. They weren't going to play 12-3-4 or whatever hockey for the rest of the season. That's just not sustainable. They will be a playoff team with ease They just have to continue to compete and the goals will come. But for the love of god and can we get players to the middle of the ice. We have to stop playing along the boards!

Meatwagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2012, 04:08 PM
Celtic Note
Not in Ferguson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meatwagon View Post
Why does everyone have to freak out and say the world is coming to an end because of a loss? We were bad and Detroit was good. It's not like we just got smashed by the islanders! Detroit is a great team and we are now .500 against them which is fine against a top 5 team in hockey.
The biggest problem is scoring, we make every goalie look like a vezina winner. I don't know the answer. They have poor shot selection. You are NOT going to score with wrist shots from the blue line too often. This team AGAIN has been destroyed by injuries, it's a freakin curse. We are getting some starters back and then others go down. They haven't played 1 game with the projected opening day roster. That's disgusting. If we can get Steen, Huskins and Mac attack back this is a completely different team. The Blues need all of their skilled players to have success. Blues have a bunch of 3-4 line depth players, but they have no minor league players who can step in and contribute a little offensively. When that happens, you need all of your skilled players on the ice for consistent offensive production. They need those three back and ten games to mesh and this becomes a dominant team. Everyone else will start gathering points and all of these silly, knee jerk trade proposals should stop(fingers crossed). So we can stop trying to give away our future. These are large players(Stewart/Berglund) who are only 23/24 and still need a few more years until they are in their primes. Our best players on offense and 25+(Oshie, Backes, Steen, Mac). We are missing that super elite player on our team, that can step in and succeed the minute they touch the ice. These are players who need a little more time to figure it out. They ARE doing great and these last few games aren't indicative of future success. They weren't going to play 12-3-4 or whatever hockey for the rest of the season. That's just not sustainable. They will be a playoff team with ease They just have to continue to compete and the goals will come. But for the love of god and can we get players to the middle of the ice. We have to stop playing along the boards!
I agree that we should remain level headed. We just had a great stretch of hockey and are incurring some bumps in the road. Is it frustrating that we lost a game that we really wanted to win? Absolutely, but we still have played a solid season to this point.

Our lack of scoring is also frustrating. Between the missed shots, posts and missed opportunities to shoot, there are some issues with our club. Factor in the injuries and we have some obvious ways that we should be looking to improve the team. Hopefully we can right the ship quickly and add some more of the right pieces.

Celtic Note is offline   Reply With Quote