HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Flames @ Preds - Eulogy

Old
01-01-2012, 08:47 PM
predfan98

vCash: 500
Sorry I didn't get to warmups in time to meet you and visqi, bfcat!!

Hat trick nights are awesome, it's always a special treat to lose your hat! WAy to go SK.

Cell block 303 needs to lose their sign.........they are the quietest section in the NHL and have been all year.

predfan98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2012, 08:56 PM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by predfan98 View Post

Hat trick nights are awesome, it's always a special treat to lose your hat! WAy to go SK.

Cell block 303 needs to lose their sign.........they are the quietest section in the NHL and have been all year.
Compared to what I see in the Nat, they're a model of hockey fan enthusiasm. We're sufferin'.

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!
Viqsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2012, 08:58 PM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Quote:

Yeah, I was tempted to scream, 'HEY! You wanna make some noise or are you too busy making a podcast?' Honestly, the quality of the 303 has gone done each year. They are slipping into Northern schlock and passivity.

BigFatCat999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2012, 09:08 PM
Fo Shea Shea

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFatCat999 View Post
Yeah, I was tempted to scream, 'HEY! You wanna make some noise or are you too busy making a podcast?' Honestly, the quality of the 303 has gone done each year. They are slipping into Northern schlock and passivity.
Been a season ticket holder in 303 since 2002. I'll be the first to admit that it is nothing like it was. Especially over the past 3-4 years it's enthusiasm has declined.

Fo Shea Shea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2012, 09:38 PM
Seth Lake

Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Quote:
Too many Flames were parked in front. first two goals were rebounds in front. BTW, nice meeting slake, adz, hockeydiva, pattypred, and others for meeting me and Viqsi. I think she's becoming the unofficial lucky charm. I let her throw my hat.
Great to see you again and meet Viqsi tonight! Have a safe trip back home and I look forward to catching up with you again sometime soon.

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2012, 09:49 PM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLake View Post
Great to see you again and meet Viqsi tonight! Have a safe trip back home and I look forward to catching up with you again sometime soon.
Absolutely, great job on the weight loss, keep it up.

Old
01-01-2012, 09:57 PM
PhoneGuy

Quote:
The only thing I noticed at the game doesn't really makes sense, but I'll toss it out here. Wilson came back to the bench bloody in the third period. It was his mouth, he kept putting gauze in it and kept spitting blood and ?maybe a tooth out. He kept playing and it wasn't bleeding when he came to the bench after having shot in the shoot out. I didn't see the hit or stick that caused it.

I can't imagine that this has anything to do with it though.

Yea! Hockey today
Wilson caught the butt end of the goalie's stick. Of course, the refs didn't see it.

Last edited by PhoneGuy: 01-01-2012 at 10:24 PM.
PhoneGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2012, 10:00 PM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

BTW, where was the sniper who shot Kipper when Nashville got the high stick call?

Old
01-01-2012, 10:07 PM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

Quote:
BTW, where was the sniper who shot Kipper when Nashville got the high stick call?
Yeah that was a blatant dive. Hornqvist should have been responsible for his stick, but that play is iffy because he was pushed by a Flame. Kipper just added to it by acting like he was stabbed.

01-01-2012, 10:12 PM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdManIn View Post
Yeah that was a blatant dive. Hornqvist should have been responsible for his stick, but that play is iffy because he was pushed by a Flame. Kipper just added to it by acting like he was stabbed.
There should have been three penalties called there ... a slew foot .. a high stick .. and an embellishment.

101st_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2012, 10:22 PM
headsigh
leave at once!

That was a good win. I really hope our New Year's Resolution is to shoot more. Good things happen- Sergei's hattrick, for one.

When was the last game we held our opponent to 20 shots?

headsigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2012, 10:23 PM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

Yep. And the minimum penalty for a slew foot is a match.

TMI is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2012, 10:27 PM
tserberis*

Tough stretch is coming: 11G in 20D... i expect 14 P, please....

tserberis* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2012, 10:43 PM
Adz
Eudora Wannabe

BFC--Nice to see you and to finally meet Viqsi. I'll take good luck charms any day!

Adz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2012, 10:49 PM
PhoneGuy

Quote:

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fo Shea Shea View Post
Been a season ticket holder in 303 since 2002. I'll be the first to admit that it is nothing like it was. Especially over the past 3-4 years it's enthusiasm has declined.
It wasn't just 303. The whole barn was quiet tonight except for the goal celebrations and the prodding on the jumbotron. Even the goalie chants weren't done with their usual exuberance. I dunno if it was the early start or playing on Sunday, but it wasn't the usual game atmosphere.

The DW and I got to talking to a couple behind us, and found out they were from W. Virginia, were in town, and decided to come down and catch the game. They said that since they lost their ECHL team they didn't have a team to root for. They enjoyed the game and said they could become Pred fans. We told them we had plenty of room on the bandwagon, to hop aboard.

PhoneGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2012, 11:02 PM
NoNecksCurse

Quote:
agreed. ive thought the same thing at every game I've been too.. I know its not just their job to get the crowd into it but when you have the signs and publicity, the other fans look to 303 to get it going so to say... and they just haven't been the same. I remember back in 03, I always looked up to 303 and admired what they brought to the rink. hopefully they get it together along with every one else to continue to make bridgestone one of the loudest

NoNecksCurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2012, 11:19 PM
gratefulpred
Thread Killer

Just got back from an AWESOME day in Smashville. Came down about lunchtime, bought a home jersey and went to the arena to had it personalized. Last christmas gift delivered! Thanks Dad!

Thought the game was great and my wife loved giving me the look for bashing Klein all the time when he scored. An SK hatty? Are you kidding me? He's the other Pred I like to throw under the bus.

Agree about the crowd, got into it when they had to and then sat back down. We breezed right through the 3rd TV Timeout cheer. Could we be growing our fanbase and just have to teach the new guys? I know it was indeed a sellout, saw a group of five get shotdown at 2:00.

Awesome Game! Go Preds!

gratefulpred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2012, 11:37 PM
Jarnberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoNecksCurse View Post
agreed. ive thought the same thing at every game I've been too.. I know its not just their job to get the crowd into it but when you have the signs and publicity, the other fans look to 303 to get it going so to say... and they just haven't been the same. I remember back in 03, I always looked up to 303 and admired what they brought to the rink. hopefully they get it together along with every one else to continue to make bridgestone one of the loudest
Not to mention they don't join other chants hardly ever.

Jarnberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2012, 11:40 PM
kypredsfan
Weber is OUR captain

Well I threw my hat as well. I was in sec 107 and it happened right in front of me. As soon as the puck crossed the line, my hat was airborn. Sadly it curved way to the right and into the aisle. However, I saw it finally make it over the glass.

kypredsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2012, 11:53 PM
NoNecksCurse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stranger View Post
Not to mention they don't join other chants hardly ever.
another good point.. many games I've been to when other "groups" try to start a chant, they dont seem to want a part of it. almost like they're against it. which is whatever but they could do a little better in the chants along with maybe coming up with some new ones..

NoNecksCurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2012, 12:03 AM
worstfaceoffmanever
These Snacks Are Odd

Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
wondering if this wasn't more of "you aren't playing like you deserve to be out there, have a seat and watch halischuk take your ice time" than an injury or anything else...
I think it was, because he did take some sporadic shifts throughout the third. He didn't have a particularly good game, though that whole line was iffy in the offensive end.

We should have beaten this team like a drum. Their defensemen are awful on the breakout, they couldn't clear the zone, and any time we put pressure on them, they coughed it up and gave us a nice rush back the other way. We should have been up by four or five after two periods, and we nearly paid for not burying those chances.

Everybody had a flub or two on defense, but I thought we looked okay for the most part. Klein looked like he hadn't missed a beat, although he got a little too aggressive on the Bourque goal. Hillen and Ellis totally broke down on the Morrison goal, but otherwise looked fine.

The forwards looked fantastic, though. It's a small sample size to judge from, but Bourque might have played his way into a roster spot. Not much skill, but lots of speed and hustle and tenacity, and we can always use that. Regardless, that line really clicked with him on it tonight, and they were giving Calgary fits.

The Fisher line looked much, MUCH better tonight; both slumping wingers got on the board. Halischuk with his 9th goal of the year and a strong game tonight from the fourth line of all places. Interesting tidbit: we have nine players on pace for 15 or more goals, with Legwand (22), Erat (19), Hornqvist (19), Kostitsyn (18), Weber (18) and Halischuk (19) all very close to a 20 goal pace.

The only times Calgary really had us beat were when the play was around our net. Our defensemen just cannot handle strong guys like Bourque and Iginla. Weber's return will help with that, but we should really look into adding someone that can clear the crease. Colorado has someone like that...

On the whole, we played well enough to win, and we grab a very important two points that keep us on the tail end of the pack up top, and giving us a little breathing room against the teams in the Northwest. The Pacific Division has so many games in hand on everyone else, though, that it's tough to really get a feel for where we really stand within the conference. I won't miss that next year, I'll say that much.

worstfaceoffmanever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2012, 12:06 AM
AdmiralsFan24

Send a message via AIM to AdmiralsFan24
Kinda wish I would have known earlier that I was getting Fox Sports South. Watching what's left of the replay right now.

AdmiralsFan24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2012, 01:32 AM
Adz
Eudora Wannabe

Whenever we play Calgary I can't really get into the game until we are up by 2 with 10 seconds left, and even then I'm praying that the Preds don't screw up somehow. So that affects the loudness factor for me. Kind of that way with San Jose, too. They are so good at spoiling the fun of goals.

Adz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2012, 02:23 AM
zellthemedic

Quote:
Originally Posted by kypredsfan View Post
Well I threw my hat as well. I was in sec 107 and it happened right in front of me. As soon as the puck crossed the line, my hat was airborn. Sadly it curved way to the right and into the aisle. However, I saw it finally make it over the glass.
Does your RL name happen to start with a J? And did you recently venture to St Louis?

zellthemedic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2012, 05:24 AM
kypredsfan
Weber is OUR captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by zellthemedic View Post
Does your RL name happen to start with a J? And did you recently venture to St Louis?
Sorry, not me.

kypredsfan is offline   Reply With Quote