HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Flames @ Preds - Eulogy

Old
01-02-2012, 08:02 AM
PredsChik

vCash: 500
In the second, I could have been hearing wrong, but was 303 chanting "who's your daddy?" I knew then it wasn't going to stay 4-1.

I think the whole place was hungover, thus the quiet.

PredsChik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2012, 10:39 AM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

Quote:
Originally Posted by worstfaceoffmanever View Post
The only times Calgary really had us beat were when the play was around our net. Our defensemen just cannot handle strong guys like Bourque and Iginla. Weber's return will help with that, but we should really look into adding someone that can clear the crease. Colorado has someone like that...
So does Anaheim, Calgary, Carolina, Long Island ......

101st_fan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2012, 02:00 PM
Jarnberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsChik20 View Post
Every New Year's day game is like that. Just an anomaly in the bridge which is great to have.

Jarnberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2012, 03:24 PM
Adz
Eudora Wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsChik20 View Post
In the second, I could have been hearing wrong, but was 303 chanting "who's your daddy?" I knew then it wasn't going to stay 4-1.

Didn't hear that but yeah, that will do it.

I'm always kind of worried about the "goalie name, goalie name, goalie name...it's all your fault"...about the time we say "all your fault" the opponent usually has a really good chance.

Then again, that happens even without the goalie chants sometimes. Maybe I'm just a worry wart.

Adz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2012, 03:27 PM
DontCallPlayersStuds
It's weird and gross

I bought a new hat just before Xmas, and despite the third goal being an emptynetter, I didn't hesitate to throw that 25 dollar hat. Complete bummer that maybe 100 others joined in.

DontCallPlayersStuds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2012, 03:29 PM
zellthemedic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adz View Post
Didn't hear that but yeah, that will do it.

I'm always kind of worried about the "goalie name, goalie name, goalie name...it's all your fault"...about the time we say "all your fault" the opponent usually has a really good chance.

Then again, that happens even without the goalie chants sometimes. Maybe I'm just a worry wart.
I always want the Preds to score while we're cheering that. Like it's sealing the deal.

zellthemedic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2012, 03:30 PM
DontCallPlayersStuds
It's weird and gross

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tootoo Train View Post
The one night I watch basketball over hockey and SK of all people scores a hattrick. lol. Even if the goals were easy or lucky, you have to be positioned correctly to get them. I hope this lights a fire underneath him, with Wilson and Weber out we need offense from everyone.

Curious, why was Smith benched? Lack of effort, or was he banged up?

Smith has been invisible on some nights to downright bad on others, for the past while. Really cooled off after a hot start.

DontCallPlayersStuds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2012, 04:22 PM
token grinder
formerly sirryan189

I don't know if we could get away with it from a PR/HF overreactors would hang Poile standpoint, but it may not be the worst idea in the world to send Smith down to the A for a few games to let him pot a few goals. The game is slower, he could take a deep breath and have a bit of fun. Either that or scratch him so he can see a different view and maybe watch a game with Peterson live. Just give him a different perspective.

token grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2012, 04:31 PM
Top 6 Spaling

Maybe it's just me, but i think Smith is suffering from playing on a bad line. I know Legwand and Erat are top 6 forwards on our team, but i think smith needs to play with some linemates that cater to his strengths more.
(ok fine i dont think legwand and erat work hard enough to play well with smith. im biased, and i know thats an unpopular opinion)

To get Smith (and horny) jumpstarted, I would field:

Hornqvist-Smith-Wilson
OR
Hornqvist-Smith-Tootoo

Top 6 Spaling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2012, 04:50 PM
Fortheloveofthegame

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopreds9 View Post
Maybe it's just me, but i think Smith is suffering from playing on a bad line. I know Legwand and Erat are top 6 forwards on our team, but i think smith needs to play with some linemates that cater to his strengths more.
(ok fine i dont think legwand and erat work hard enough to play well with smith. im biased, and i know thats an unpopular opinion)

To get Smith (and horny) jumpstarted, I would field:

Hornqvist-Smith-Wilson
OR
Hornqvist-Smith-Tootoo
Hornqvist- smith- Tootoo line does not have a playmaker. They all are shoot first players. All I can say is........there would be lots of rebounds on that line!

Fortheloveofthegame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2012, 04:51 PM
Top 6 Spaling

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwhiteandblue View Post
Hornqvist- smith- Tootoo line does not have a playmaker. They all are shoot first players. All I can say is........there would be lots of rebounds on that line!
thats the idea. Hornqvist is being under-utilized because sk and fisher aren't shooting enough for his screens/rebounds to be effective. Toots and Smith change that.

Top 6 Spaling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2012, 05:06 PM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

Smith is getting plenty of good looks. He's just not finishing when he gets the chance. It's in his head now with over seven weeks since his last ES goal. 39 shots in the last 15 games (1 Dec - today) ... one PPG.

His last two ES points are primary assists with Erat having the secondary ... Leggy scoring one, Hillen the other. His last two PP points both involved Legwand and Wilson.

101st_fan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2012, 06:07 PM
Seth Lake

Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
If Colin Wilson's injury is of a short-term variety, I think sitting Craig Smith for a game or two to reflect on what he's accomplished to this point, take a step back, and evaluate what he needs to do to be successful at this level would be a good idea.

Wilson can move into Smith's role alongside Legwand and Erat into the top-6 and Bourque can remain in Wilson's role with Spaling and Tootoo on the third line for a little while to see how it clicks.

Craig Smith is certainly very talented, but since missing that empty net he has not been getting results and by now it has become a mental burden on him. Best to let him sit back, get a little extra practice for a few days, sit with the coaches up in the box to watch a game or two, and ready himself for the second half of the season.

If sitting Smith occurs and it doesn't net results, look for him to get some experience in Milwaukee at some point in the near future...

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2012, 06:10 PM
zellthemedic

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLake View Post
If Colin Wilson's injury is of a short-term variety,
I believe I remember reading that it's the flu.

zellthemedic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2012, 06:14 PM
Seth Lake

Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Quote:
Originally Posted by zellthemedic View Post
I believe I remember reading that it's the flu.
I haven't seen or heard an update yet. Official word from the team was that we'd get an update when they returned to practice on Tuesday...

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote