HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Dallas Stars
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Check out what I got from Jack Campbell

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-01-2012, 10:17 AM
  #1
tjcurrie
Registered User
 
tjcurrie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Gibbons, Alberta
Posts: 3,325
vCash: 500
Check out what I got from Jack Campbell

Nicest guy ever.






tjcurrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2012, 10:41 AM
  #2
txomisc
Registered User
 
txomisc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: California
Country: United States
Posts: 8,519
vCash: 500
that is a pretty awesome thing to have. Its kind of funny how writing the number 1 over his name makes his signature look like it says Jim Campbell.

txomisc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2012, 10:55 AM
  #3
Modo
Global Moderator
Mo'Benn
 
Modo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Etobicoke
Country: Canada
Posts: 40,833
vCash: 50
And this was after you guys booed the hell out of him and his team, too!

Props to Jack for being a class act.

__________________
If you're telekinetic and you know it, clap my hands!
Modo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2012, 12:04 PM
  #4
MB94
@MBFarina94
 
MB94's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Ottawa, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,540
vCash: 500
Once again, awesome Travis!

MB94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2012, 01:47 PM
  #5
tjcurrie
Registered User
 
tjcurrie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Gibbons, Alberta
Posts: 3,325
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Modo View Post
And this was after you guys booed the hell out of him and his team, too!

Props to Jack for being a class act.
Well to be honest, even though I'm Canadian I kind of root for the US. I had free tix to all the US games in Edmonton and wore US gear and brought a big flag to support them. So I was one of the 16000+ that wasnt booing him.

I support them when it comes to hockey because most of my favourite players are American: Modano, Broten, Hull, Hatcher, Langenbrunner, and now Campbell. At first it was just a little bit of love for the USA because of them, but it slowly turned in to full on support as most Canadian hockey fans annoy the heck outta me.

tjcurrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2012, 03:33 PM
  #6
Modo
Global Moderator
Mo'Benn
 
Modo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Etobicoke
Country: Canada
Posts: 40,833
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjcurrie View Post
Well to be honest, even though I'm Canadian I kind of root for the US. I had free tix to all the US games in Edmonton and wore US gear and brought a big flag to support them. So I was one of the 16000+ that wasnt booing him.

I support them when it comes to hockey because most of my favourite players are American: Modano, Broten, Hull, Hatcher, Langenbrunner, and now Campbell. At first it was just a little bit of love for the USA because of them, but it slowly turned in to full on support as most Canadian hockey fans annoy the heck outta me.
Heh, I hear ya.

We Canadians can be a pretty annoying bunch to deal with, that's for sure.

Especially when we win.

Modo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2012, 05:20 PM
  #7
tjcurrie
Registered User
 
tjcurrie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Gibbons, Alberta
Posts: 3,325
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Modo View Post
Heh, I hear ya.

We Canadians can be a pretty annoying bunch to deal with, that's for sure.

Especially when we win.
I've just encountered too many idiots. I can't tell you how many times people have called me a traitor or have told me to "go move to the States" just because I'm a Stars fan or I'm wearing a Modano jersey.

Then there's the typical comments:
-"Americans can't play hockey."
-"This is OUR game."
-"If you don't cheer for the Canadian team in the playoffs you're not a real hockey fan."

Etc etc etc. Drives me up the freakin wall.

tjcurrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2012, 06:43 PM
  #8
Modo
Global Moderator
Mo'Benn
 
Modo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Etobicoke
Country: Canada
Posts: 40,833
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjcurrie View Post
I've just encountered too many idiots. I can't tell you how many times people have called me a traitor or have told me to "go move to the States" just because I'm a Stars fan or I'm wearing a Modano jersey.

Then there's the typical comments:
-"Americans can't play hockey."
-"This is OUR game."
-"If you don't cheer for the Canadian team in the playoffs you're not a real hockey fan."

Etc etc etc. Drives me up the freakin wall.
I get that all the time. Not so much the pro-Canadian patriotism, which I know is rampant, but me being a Stars fan in Leaf country? Fun times.

Modo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:02 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.