HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

OK Let's say we are sellers..... WHO DO YOU SELL?

View Poll Results: Which players do you trade this year if you are GM?
Travis Moen 221 59.41%
Hal Gill 309 83.06%
Andrei Kostystsyn 144 38.71%
Josh Gorges 14 3.76%
PK Subban 19 5.11%
Mike Cammeleri 252 67.74%
Yanick Webber 232 62.37%
Carey Price 12 3.23%
Brian Gionta 186 50.00%
Lars Eller 13 3.49%
Tomas Plekanec 48 12.90%
Max Paccioretti 12 3.23%
Chris Campoli 321 86.29%
Louis Leblanc 11 2.96%
Tomas Kaberle 197 52.96%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 372. You may not vote on this poll

Old
01-09-2012, 08:39 AM
FrankMTL

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killerguitar101 View Post
He can't ask for more than 1.8 millions, which I'd pay.

My point of view on this is that he will leave because he is Montreal's toughest player and he needs to be more protective than he would be on another team.
Why can't he ask for more than 1.8 million? He's a free agent, he can ask for whatever he wants. Maybe the guy ends up with 15 goals this year and considers himself a power forward who can score 15-20 goals a year with the right players..who knows. Agents will make players believe anything so that they can try and cash in.

Would you pay 2 million to 2.5 million a year for Moen if he asks that?

I'm not saying I want to trade the guy, but we have to realize that he is a Free Agent and might try to get more.

FrankMTL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2012, 02:23 PM
JustAHabFan

Get rid of PG first and hire a new GM before the trade deadline. Let the new GM make the trade at the deadline.

JustAHabFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2012, 04:55 PM
Killerguitar101*

Send a message via AIM to Killerguitar101*
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankMTL View Post
Why can't he ask for more than 1.8 million? He's a free agent, he can ask for whatever he wants. Maybe the guy ends up with 15 goals this year and considers himself a power forward who can score 15-20 goals a year with the right players..who knows. Agents will make players believe anything so that they can try and cash in.

Would you pay 2 million to 2.5 million a year for Moen if he asks that?

I'm not saying I want to trade the guy, but we have to realize that he is a Free Agent and might try to get more.
Then this would mean that he doesn't want to play in Montreal anymore. No team is going to give him 2.5 millions. If he asks 2.5 millions, he wont play in the NHL next year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsterix
Don't get me wrong, I like Travis Moen. I've been saying for a while that the Habs need to provide him with some help in the muscle department for him to return to his old Ducks' form.

What I am saying though is that with the team in the position that they're in, this would be the perfect time to take advantage on this injury plagued season to keep a good core of already signed veterans, build on some quality youth, get valuable assets for the team's upcoming UFA's and try getting some good picks and/or prospects, as low as possible, for the next draft... just for one year. I'd like to see what Timmins could do with a Top 5 pick... pulling another Carey Price type impact player out of his hat.

As otherwise, they'll do like they've been doing for the last 15+ years: do everything they can to finish between 6-10, and draft accordingly. Groundhog day all over again.
If you trade Moen and don't want to lose, then, you need to bring some help in the muscle department. You can't get rid of Moen without getting another and tougher guy.

Killerguitar101* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2012, 05:04 PM
SouthernHab
Not a Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustAHabFan View Post
Get rid of PG first and hire a new GM before the trade deadline. Let the new GM make the trade at the deadline.
Amen!!

SouthernHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2012, 07:46 PM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killerguitar101 View Post
If you trade Moen and don't want to lose, then, you need to bring some help in the muscle department. You can't get rid of Moen without getting another and tougher guy.
I didn't say that I didn't want to lose... this year. As a matter of fact, I wouldn't mind losing this year to draft higher, unload UFA's and stack up on prospects/picks to give Timmins a good shot.

Then start winning again next year as you didn't get rid of your core. It's re-tooling, like the Flyers of 2006-07 did.

Habsterix* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2012, 09:18 PM
Toro

Campoli - not in our future plans.
Gill - probably get decent return and is nearly done.
Cammi - Playoff performer could get a good return, don't have to go though.

Moen - could stay but could also get a decent return.

Toro is offline   Reply With Quote