HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Devils vs Senators 1/2/12 7:30 p.m.

Closed Thread

Old
01-02-2012, 10:21 PM
DEVILS ALL THE WAY*
Yes, I'm a hypocrite

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheUnseenHand View Post
I'm not saying you're wrong. It's obvious that a PP QB is needed. What I'm saying is that the PP isn't going to get that top notch PP QB this season, and the current set up is the worst in the NHL by a WIDE margin. It needs to be changed, and it needs to be changed without that PP QB. 2 D, regardless of whether they are a point threat, and keep the forward lines together. Why not? It can't possibly be worse than the current set up, so why not try it? If nothing else you should cut down on the shorties.

Parise-Henrique-Kovalchuk
Larsson-Salvador

Zubrus-Elias-Sykora
Fayne-Tallinder

That at the very, very least would be as successful as the current set up, and has potential to be significantly better.
I'd be ok with keeping the forwards line intact but there's no way I'd want Salvador there. Replace him with Taormina and it might be a solid idea if Lou stays "status quo" for the next decade regarding our most obvious weakness.

It's just crazy that our best options from our blueline on the PP is a kid that just turned 19, a sophmore and a guy that's on our team because of injuries.

Old
01-02-2012, 10:23 PM
daveskirtun
:o)

vCash: 920
If I were still mod, this thread would be locked now, and we would all be rich and happy.

Old
01-02-2012, 10:24 PM
TheUnseenHand
Hashbrown Selfie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEVILS ALL THE WAY View Post
I'd be ok with keeping the forwards line intact but there's no way I'd want Salvador there. Replace him with Taormina and it might be a solid idea if Lou stays "status quo" for the next decade regarding our most obvious weakness.
The only reason I put Sal there instead of Tao is that Larsson/Tao would make me nervous for plays going the other way. I like to think Sal might be a bit more responsible.

I'm also not saying I'm OK with not having a guy back there that can run a PP, nor that I think Lou won't ever get one. Just that right now, this is who we have and something needs to be worked out with these guys.

Old
01-02-2012, 10:24 PM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Send a message via AIM to Saugus
Courtesy of the main board, the top 100 TOI games this season:

http://www.hockey-reference.com/play...by=time_on_ice

One of these things is not like the others.

Old
01-02-2012, 10:29 PM
NJDevs26
Status quo

lol well three of those Kovy games were real early in the season when we were depth-less. Since some of the regulars including Zajac have come back, PDB has at least cut down the icetime from insane to 'normal' star level.

Old
01-02-2012, 10:30 PM
DEVILS ALL THE WAY*
Yes, I'm a hypocrite

Lou tries to kill two birds with one stone when it comes to finding a PP QB and it's backfired more often then not with IK on the point. If he at least had a partner that was actually solid next to him, we might not see it happen as often but we don't.

If Kurtis Foster is supposed to refief the pressure when there's a turnover at the blueline, I can firmly say that it's actually making it worst and cranking my blood pressure to record setting #'s.

Old
01-02-2012, 10:43 PM
åboriginal
lou ****ing sucks

Send a message via MSN to åboriginal
play any combo of fayne/larsson/tao/foster on the pp for BOTH shifts and have kovy and parise swap sides at ES. kovy cant create **** when hes streaking in on the right. of course deebo wont do this...so whatever. i dont care about the rest of the lines or anything else. but those are 2 areas that should be taken care of. is that top line producing regardless? yeah but it could be better and parise can create from anywhere. kovy is like mogo, being forced to play on the wrong side. that wrister mogilny always put in was a thing of beauty. kovy doesnt even have that cut back and fire opportunity on the off wing. as for the pp, i dont think i need to explain myself. oh and fire oates. seriously. faceoffs are meh and pp is horrendous. we need the bobs to come in an evaluate ****.

Old
01-02-2012, 10:47 PM
Jersey Man
Mad Dog

Thanks Cablevision for having the game completely soundless for a little. Just what I wanted.

Closed Thread