HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > San Jose Sharks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Game 35: San Jose Sharks at Vancouver Canucks 1/2/12 5:00 PST

Closed Thread

Old
01-03-2012, 04:43 PM
The Nemesis
Global Moderator
Semper Tyrannus

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Led Zappa View Post
Agreed that no one person suggested a rebuild, but if you combined posts in the last few pages, every player, with a few exceptions, would be traded and Todd sucks.

You'd certainly have a hard time believing we took the 3rd best team in the league and 2nd in the west to OT.
Really? It seems like the focal point of most complaining has been Thornton, Marleau, Todd, Boyle (which I think would be unfair. I thought he played well last night), Burns, and Mitchell. Most of the rest of the guys either got positive reviews or weren't mentioned.

"Do you know what "nemesis" means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent."
'14-15 Sharks CI Tracker: 8 GP, 1-5-2 (home-away-Nat'l/In-Region)
Sorry, I am not taking signature requests at this time.
Old
01-03-2012, 04:46 PM
magic school bus

Quote:
Originally Posted by SactoShark View Post
I believe the protocol is to complain about the Sharks here, and defend them on the main board.
This is my understanding as well.

Old
01-03-2012, 04:47 PM
steveckl

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nemesis View Post
EDIT: almost forgot that I wanted to ask - Do Clowe & Demers do a goofy low-five thing before coming off the ice after warm-ups every game? They did it last night and I laughed and wondered if it was a regular thing for them.
Yes, as far as I can remember.

Old
01-03-2012, 04:51 PM
The Nemesis
Global Moderator
Semper Tyrannus

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveckl View Post
Yes, as far as I can remember.
that's great. I was watching them leave the ice and at first I thought that it was going to be one of those situations where 2 guys want to each be the last one off and were waiting around.

Old
01-03-2012, 04:52 PM
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks

vCash: 1004
Quote:
Really? It seems like the focal point of most complaining has been Thornton, Marleau, Todd, Boyle (which I think would be unfair. I thought he played well last night), Burns, and Mitchell. Most of the rest of the guys either got positive reviews or weren't mentioned.
I don't see much complaint about Boyle and Marleau I thought they played well. It's mostly Joe, Burns, and Mitchell.

Old
01-03-2012, 05:12 PM
Negatively Positive
Save us Tomas!

Burns + Todd + 1st for Shea Weber + Trotz

Thornton + Marleau + Wilson + Larionov for Stamkos + Yzerman

Mitchell for Malkin + Letang

Blow this team up!

Old
01-03-2012, 06:58 PM
Stickmata

Quote:
So the board is only harpooning the Coach, our two highest paid forwards and our two highest paid defensemen. And I thought they were being overly negative.

Old
01-03-2012, 07:06 PM
Mafoofoo
:facepalm:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark Fin Soup View Post
Mitchell for Malkin + Letang
San Jose gets ripped off big time here. They need to throw in a 1rst or Neal.

Old
01-03-2012, 07:20 PM
The Nemesis
Global Moderator
Semper Tyrannus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickmata View Post
So the board is only harpooning the Coach, our two highest paid forwards and our two highest paid defensemen. And I thought they were being overly negative.
Did I miss the part where they should be exempt from criticism because of their contracts?

Old
01-03-2012, 07:56 PM
Stickmata

Quote:
Did I miss the part where they should be exempt from criticism because of their contracts?
No, you missed the part where you said they weren't being negative on the team...except for the 5 most important members of the team...

Old
01-03-2012, 08:05 PM
KpopandHockey
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
No, you missed the part where you said they weren't being negative on the team...except for the 5 most important members of the team...
You won't win many games if your 5 most important members of the team are the worst players on the ice. (well boyle wasn't bad last game).

Old
01-03-2012, 08:07 PM
Danish Pastry
this is dream!

we won the game... lou made some insane saves in that game to... jumbo had some beautiful breakaway setups...

niemi was good to...

Old
01-03-2012, 08:17 PM
richo

People forget that this game was barely "won" on the last shootout shot. It could just as easily gone the other way. The game should have been won by a comfortable margin. The Canucks played like crap and lots of the Sharks problems continue. Thornton misses two fabulous opportunities, gives the puck away at least three times for great Canuck opportunities and the power play continues to founder. No we're not at a Columbus, Islanders or Anaheim level, but we are definitely not in form to win the cup. Isn't that what we all want? I'm definitely not satisfied with anything less.

Old
01-03-2012, 08:22 PM
Pinkfloyd

Quote:
Originally Posted by KpopandHockey View Post
You won't win many games if your 5 most important members of the team are the worst players on the ice. (well boyle wasn't bad last game).
I fail to see how our five most important players were the worst. Niemi, Boyle, Marleau, and Couture all had good games. Three of those guys have to qualify as one of the five most important.

Old
01-03-2012, 08:42 PM
Negatively Positive
Save us Tomas!

Quote:
Originally Posted by richo View Post
People forget that this game was barely "won" on the last shootout shot. It could just as easily gone the other way.
All three games have been tight and could have gone either way though. The difference has been special teams as always. The Canucks have scored a PP goal in each of the three games while the Sharks have only scored 1 PP goal in the three games. I think the Sharks have been slightly better 5 on 5 but the vast difference in the teams' special teams would give the Canucks a clear advantage in a 7 game series again. For the love of God, fix the special teams.

Old
01-03-2012, 08:47 PM
The Nemesis
Global Moderator
Semper Tyrannus

Quote:
No, I said they weren't being negative on the whole team, except for a handful of specific players. You were talking about people wanting to dismantle the team and picking everything apart. and I mentioned Boyle but admitted that he had a good game (and probably also oversold the amount of specific criticism of him. And Marleau too).

but hey, if you just want to go ahead and give everyone a pass because the team won, go ahead. But then don't start complaining about these same things talked about here when they cost the team a win.

Old
01-04-2012, 12:48 PM
oyster

Sharks barely Win In Shootout. Everything Is Fine. Criticism Is Unjustified. Move Along Citizens.

Closed Thread