HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Subban/Plekanec get in a tiny scrum overhyped by RDS/TSN (UPD: Skirmish w/Desharnais)

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-02-2012, 05:27 PM
  #226
ChikN
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Montreal South Shore
Country: Algeria
Posts: 303
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stradale View Post
What's with the hate on Plekanec? I know he's struggling recently.. but the whole team is. So Plekanec should be trade away now? Once a player hits a slump, he should be traded away? Plekanec is our most consistent player in the last 3-4 years. He is mister do it all, offensively or defensively just because the team is struggling and Plekanec is not carrying the team by himself does not mean with should trade him away. You guys are a ****ing joke wanting to trade away the whole team. So far, Price, Subbban, Plekanec, AK, GIonta, Gomez, Cammalleri Gorges should be trade... for consistent player that never slump like Getzlaf, Staal, Ribeiro, Lecavalier, Richards, Roy, Krejci, Stasny, Bergeron, Backes... oh wait.. They all have less points/or have a miserable season like our sissy, useless Plekanec this season.
Boom. Thank you very much sir.

ChikN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2012, 05:28 PM
  #227
habtastic
Registered User
 
habtastic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Mumbai via MTL
Country: India
Posts: 9,230
vCash: 500
I think this thread reflects its subject. Every other thread is hating on Plekanec or Subban. We're just exchanging meaningless jabs, neither is going anywhere and both are equally important to the team.

stop the hate, divert to Campoli!

habtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2012, 05:36 PM
  #228
LyleOdelein
Registered User
 
LyleOdelein's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Renfrew
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,671
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeriousHabs View Post
In other words, it really doesn't happen all that much...
When something that isn't a big deal (like a skirmish between teammates) happens in places where people don't give a **** about hockey, it doesn't get reported as news. When something that isn't a big deal (like a skirmish between teammates) happens on a team that has crazy media coverage and fans, it is front page news.

If you think there's anything more to the story than this, you're over thinking things.

LyleOdelein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2012, 05:47 PM
  #229
SeriousHabs
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Montreal
Posts: 2,661
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LyleOdelein View Post
When something that isn't a big deal (like a skirmish between teammates) happens in places where people don't give a **** about hockey, it doesn't get reported as news. When something that isn't a big deal (like a skirmish between teammates) happens on a team that has crazy media coverage and fans, it is front page news.

If you think there's anything more to the story than this, you're over thinking things.
I don't know. Racial slurs and fights are the only things that do make the news in small markets

SeriousHabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2012, 11:05 PM
  #230
chaosrevolver
Snubbed Again
 
chaosrevolver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,073
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stassino View Post
Watching the video proves everything.. everybody else in the nhl thinks..

He (PK) is a straight up pansy.. my god he was afraid of Pleks? are you freakin' kidding me.. This is why the kid gets no respect.. chirps then runs away.. then once fight is broken up starts chirping again.. someone on the team needs to knock him out.. he's a complete idiot. .
Yes cause knocking out a teammate would make so much more sense.

chaosrevolver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2012, 11:27 PM
  #231
Kimota
Nation of Poutine
 
Kimota's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: La Vieille Capitale
Country: France
Posts: 21,727
vCash: 500
Maybe they should show this kind of fire during games. It's easier to fight teamates isn't it.

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2012, 11:56 PM
  #232
68
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Mount Olympus
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,551
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimota View Post
Maybe they should show this kind of fire during games. It's easier to fight teamates isn't it.
GJ Kimota, you said exactly what I wanted to say. It's pathetic. We have 7 fights this regular season which ranks us at 29th. 2 fights by tough guy Nokelainen. They can fight during practice but during games like against Florida when someone needs to get his nose broken nobody steps up.

68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2012, 12:21 AM
  #233
Kimota
Nation of Poutine
 
Kimota's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: La Vieille Capitale
Country: France
Posts: 21,727
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 68 View Post
GJ Kimota, you said exactly what I wanted to say. It's pathetic. We have 7 fights this regular season which ranks us at 29th. 2 fights by tough guy Nokelainen. They can fight during practice but during games like against Florida when someone needs to get his nose broken nobody steps up.
Not even Moen who let Eller get hit like crazy.

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2012, 12:33 AM
  #234
holyhabs87
Registered User
 
holyhabs87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 4,800
vCash: 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stassino View Post
Watching the video proves everything.. everybody else in the nhl thinks..

He (PK) is a straight up pansy.. my god he was afraid of Pleks? are you freakin' kidding me.. This is why the kid gets no respect.. chirps then runs away.. then once fight is broken up starts chirping again.. someone on the team needs to knock him out.. he's a complete idiot. .
Smartest fans in the league in Montreal!!!

holyhabs87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2012, 12:55 AM
  #235
NewHabsEra*
 
NewHabsEra*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 10,695
vCash: 500
I think the room is obviously divided.. A bit like it was the case with Philly, kids taking too much space for some vets..

NewHabsEra* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2012, 01:32 AM
  #236
David71
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,192
vCash: 500
frustrating times. tired of losing

David71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2012, 02:22 AM
  #237
Aceekay
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Yellowknife
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,618
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stassino View Post
Watching the video proves everything.. everybody else in the nhl thinks..

He (PK) is a straight up pansy.. my god he was afraid of Pleks? are you freakin' kidding me.. This is why the kid gets no respect.. chirps then runs away.. then once fight is broken up starts chirping again.. someone on the team needs to knock him out.. he's a complete idiot. .
I know, unbelievable he didn't start throwing haymakers at an attempt to knock out and possibly injure our 1st line center.

Honestly, what were you thinking when you wrote this?

Aceekay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2012, 02:27 AM
  #238
Aceekay
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Yellowknife
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,618
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 68 View Post
GJ Kimota, you said exactly what I wanted to say. It's pathetic. We have 7 fights this regular season which ranks us at 29th. 2 fights by tough guy Nokelainen. They can fight during practice but during games like against Florida when someone needs to get his nose broken nobody steps up.
Ryan white and Travis Moen are the only people I want fighting on this team, other then that not worth losing Subban or Pacioretty to injury, or even worse them getting their ass handed to them and losing all their confidence.

Aceekay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2012, 07:47 AM
  #239
neofury*
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Montreal, PQ
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,277
vCash: 500
Title should be changed to "Subban/Plekanec a tiny scrum overhyped by RDS"

neofury* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2012, 07:50 AM
  #240
BLONG7
Registered User
 
BLONG7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Nova Scotia
Posts: 12,325
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by neofury View Post
Title should be changed to "Subban/Plekanec a tiny scrum overhyped by RDS"
Bang on...the guys are frustrated, and they should be, but the RDS guys are looking for a story...

Take some of the frustration out on the Jets on wednesday night...

BLONG7 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2012, 07:51 AM
  #241
neofury*
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Montreal, PQ
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,277
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kremelin Wall View Post
lol. Confident in finishing last overall? Desharnais having to actually line up against other teams top 6 would be guaranteed loss after guaranteed loss.
Yeah, DD is great and all but LOL at the folks who don't understand how insulated the guy is on our squad. He's usually playing against 3rd line opposition, 2nd at best while Plek takes care of the 1st liners. He also usually has big wingers. With Cammy he still produces because of his great vision but that won't last forever, teams will use their size to shut them down if they kept that line and if they tried to ice that line against another teams 1st line all the time they'd get wrecked.

I love DD but he's the type of player who needs to be insulated quite a bit by playing sheltered minutes on a line with guys who really open up room for him. I don't see that being the case playing 1st line minutes with Cammy against top opposition.

neofury* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2012, 08:25 AM
  #242
OneSharpMarble
Registered User
 
OneSharpMarble's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,219
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by neofury View Post
Yeah, DD is great and all but LOL at the folks who don't understand how insulated the guy is on our squad. He's usually playing against 3rd line opposition, 2nd at best while Plek takes care of the 1st liners. He also usually has big wingers. With Cammy he still produces because of his great vision but that won't last forever, teams will use their size to shut them down if they kept that line and if they tried to ice that line against another teams 1st line all the time they'd get wrecked.

I love DD but he's the type of player who needs to be insulated quite a bit by playing sheltered minutes on a line with guys who really open up room for him. I don't see that being the case playing 1st line minutes with Cammy against top opposition.
That's funny because gomez was getting the same insulated minutes and couldn't buy a goal while dragging his wingers into a black hole. DD is probably more suited for the 3rd line at his current skill level but that is exascerbated by Pleks being more suited as a 2nd line centre. We are weak down the middle, what else is new?

OneSharpMarble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2012, 08:33 AM
  #243
swimmer77
What's an ROW?
 
swimmer77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: in water
Country: Czech_ Republic
Posts: 3,385
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by loudi94 View Post
Just his paycheque. Squeezed it like he'd won the lottery.
LOL

Gorges is the new peacemaker in town. Move over Gill.

swimmer77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2012, 08:37 AM
  #244
Maxpac
Registered User
 
Maxpac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: hockey city
Posts: 13,698
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHabsEra View Post
I think the room is obviously divided.. A bit like it was the case with Philly, kids taking too much space for some vets..
I saw one of my buddies get in a scrum with his little brother. His house is obviously divided...

Maxpac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2012, 08:42 AM
  #245
RaMMuT
Tank Nation 2012
 
RaMMuT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Montreal
Country: Palestine
Posts: 1,084
vCash: 500
It ain't easy being a G...

RaMMuT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2012, 09:44 AM
  #246
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!
 
Le Tricolore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Montreal
Posts: 27,495
vCash: 137
Quote:
Originally Posted by habtastic View Post
I think this thread reflects its subject. Every other thread is hating on Plekanec or Subban. We're just exchanging meaningless jabs, neither is going anywhere and both are equally important to the team.

stop the hate, divert to Campoli!
Imagine a fight between Campoli and Gomez? That could be amusing.

Le Tricolore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2012, 09:51 AM
  #247
neofury*
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Montreal, PQ
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,277
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSharpMarble View Post
That's funny because gomez was getting the same insulated minutes and couldn't buy a goal while dragging his wingers into a black hole. DD is probably more suited for the 3rd line at his current skill level but that is exascerbated by Pleks being more suited as a 2nd line centre. We are weak down the middle, what else is new?
Not even arguing against this, I agree that he's better than Gomez. But I just find he's very overrated by this forum. If he isn't given the perfect circumstances he won't produce. Gomez couldn't even produce with those circumstances.

Also @ the mod who changed the title (I'm guessing overlords) that was awesome Made my day when I came back from helping a client to find the title changed.

neofury* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2012, 09:57 AM
  #248
donghabs98
Moderator
 
donghabs98's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,738
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stradale View Post
What's with the hate on Plekanec? I know he's struggling recently.. but the whole team is. So Plekanec should be trade away now? Once a player hits a slump, he should be traded away? Plekanec is our most consistent player in the last 3-4 years. He is mister do it all, offensively or defensively just because the team is struggling and Plekanec is not carrying the team by himself does not mean with should trade him away. You guys are a ****ing joke wanting to trade away the whole team. So far, Price, Subbban, Plekanec, AK, GIonta, Gomez, Cammalleri Gorges should be trade... for consistent player that never slump like Getzlaf, Staal, Ribeiro, Lecavalier, Richards, Roy, Krejci, Stasny, Bergeron, Backes... oh wait.. They all have less points/or have a miserable season like our sissy, useless Plekanec this season.
i don't get the hate for him too
I see Price being talked too

plek is a team guy that was home grown
i would hate to see him gone

donghabs98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2012, 10:38 AM
  #249
neofury*
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Montreal, PQ
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,277
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by donghabs98 View Post
i don't get the hate for him too
I see Price being talked too

plek is a team guy that was home grown
i would hate to see him gone
Anyone hating on Plekanec, Gorges, Price or Subban imo is just a W-L-OTL column noob who I should place on my ignore list. I feel these opinions are quite stupid as if it weren't for these players our team would never win. Funny how people blame the 22 year old d-man cause he makes a few mistakes (as if no 22 year old d-man ever ****ed up before, wonder how Gorges would have played here at 22...) but the same people don't give that d-man props for the other 24.5 minutes a night he plays a borderline flawless game.

What about the games he plays 30 minutes a night? Mistakes are made when you're an overworked 22 year old sophomore d-man with the weight of the whole world on your shoulders. How people can be so unforgiving of Subbans errors = ridiculous. Obviously the guy has been solid for us, he makes a few mistakes and suddenly he's in the fan/media doghouse. It's absolutely pathetic.

neofury* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2012, 10:52 AM
  #250
kovaless
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 2,019
vCash: 500
My take on this is that this not that big a deal. One thing seems be evident, Subban yaps too much, even to his own teammates. He needs to tone it down. I have no problem with hard pratices. If he could just shut up and play, then I bet there are no issues with him.

kovaless is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:37 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.