HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Subban/Plekanec get in a tiny scrum overhyped by RDS/TSN (UPD: Skirmish w/Desharnais)

Old
01-02-2012, 05:27 PM
ChikN

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stradale View Post
What's with the hate on Plekanec? I know he's struggling recently.. but the whole team is. So Plekanec should be trade away now? Once a player hits a slump, he should be traded away? Plekanec is our most consistent player in the last 3-4 years. He is mister do it all, offensively or defensively just because the team is struggling and Plekanec is not carrying the team by himself does not mean with should trade him away. You guys are a ****ing joke wanting to trade away the whole team. So far, Price, Subbban, Plekanec, AK, GIonta, Gomez, Cammalleri Gorges should be trade... for consistent player that never slump like Getzlaf, Staal, Ribeiro, Lecavalier, Richards, Roy, Krejci, Stasny, Bergeron, Backes... oh wait.. They all have less points/or have a miserable season like our sissy, useless Plekanec this season.
Boom. Thank you very much sir.

ChikN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2012, 05:28 PM
habtastic

I think this thread reflects its subject. Every other thread is hating on Plekanec or Subban. We're just exchanging meaningless jabs, neither is going anywhere and both are equally important to the team.

stop the hate, divert to Campoli!

habtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2012, 05:36 PM
LyleOdelein

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeriousHabs View Post
In other words, it really doesn't happen all that much...
When something that isn't a big deal (like a skirmish between teammates) happens in places where people don't give a **** about hockey, it doesn't get reported as news. When something that isn't a big deal (like a skirmish between teammates) happens on a team that has crazy media coverage and fans, it is front page news.

If you think there's anything more to the story than this, you're over thinking things.

LyleOdelein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2012, 05:47 PM
SeriousHabs

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyleOdelein View Post
When something that isn't a big deal (like a skirmish between teammates) happens in places where people don't give a **** about hockey, it doesn't get reported as news. When something that isn't a big deal (like a skirmish between teammates) happens on a team that has crazy media coverage and fans, it is front page news.

If you think there's anything more to the story than this, you're over thinking things.
I don't know. Racial slurs and fights are the only things that do make the news in small markets

SeriousHabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2012, 11:05 PM
chaosrevolver
Snubbed Again

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stassino View Post
Watching the video proves everything.. everybody else in the nhl thinks..

He (PK) is a straight up pansy.. my god he was afraid of Pleks? are you freakin' kidding me.. This is why the kid gets no respect.. chirps then runs away.. then once fight is broken up starts chirping again.. someone on the team needs to knock him out.. he's a complete idiot. .
Yes cause knocking out a teammate would make so much more sense.

chaosrevolver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2012, 11:27 PM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

Maybe they should show this kind of fire during games. It's easier to fight teamates isn't it.

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2012, 11:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimota View Post
Maybe they should show this kind of fire during games. It's easier to fight teamates isn't it.
GJ Kimota, you said exactly what I wanted to say. It's pathetic. We have 7 fights this regular season which ranks us at 29th. 2 fights by tough guy Nokelainen. They can fight during practice but during games like against Florida when someone needs to get his nose broken nobody steps up.

68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2012, 12:21 AM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68 View Post
GJ Kimota, you said exactly what I wanted to say. It's pathetic. We have 7 fights this regular season which ranks us at 29th. 2 fights by tough guy Nokelainen. They can fight during practice but during games like against Florida when someone needs to get his nose broken nobody steps up.
Not even Moen who let Eller get hit like crazy.

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2012, 12:33 AM
holyhabs87

vCash: 2009
Quote:

He (PK) is a straight up pansy.. my god he was afraid of Pleks? are you freakin' kidding me.. This is why the kid gets no respect.. chirps then runs away.. then once fight is broken up starts chirping again.. someone on the team needs to knock him out.. he's a complete idiot. .
Smartest fans in the league in Montreal!!!

holyhabs87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2012, 12:55 AM
NewHabsEra*

I think the room is obviously divided.. A bit like it was the case with Philly, kids taking too much space for some vets..

NewHabsEra* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2012, 01:32 AM
David71

frustrating times. tired of losing

David71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2012, 02:22 AM
Aceekay

Quote:

I know, unbelievable he didn't start throwing haymakers at an attempt to knock out and possibly injure our 1st line center.

Honestly, what were you thinking when you wrote this?

Aceekay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2012, 02:27 AM
Aceekay

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68 View Post
Ryan white and Travis Moen are the only people I want fighting on this team, other then that not worth losing Subban or Pacioretty to injury, or even worse them getting their ass handed to them and losing all their confidence.

Aceekay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2012, 07:47 AM
neofury*

Title should be changed to "Subban/Plekanec a tiny scrum overhyped by RDS"

neofury* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2012, 07:50 AM
BLONG7

Quote:
Originally Posted by neofury View Post
Title should be changed to "Subban/Plekanec a tiny scrum overhyped by RDS"
Bang on...the guys are frustrated, and they should be, but the RDS guys are looking for a story...

Take some of the frustration out on the Jets on wednesday night...

BLONG7 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2012, 07:51 AM
neofury*

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kremelin Wall View Post
lol. Confident in finishing last overall? Desharnais having to actually line up against other teams top 6 would be guaranteed loss after guaranteed loss.
Yeah, DD is great and all but LOL at the folks who don't understand how insulated the guy is on our squad. He's usually playing against 3rd line opposition, 2nd at best while Plek takes care of the 1st liners. He also usually has big wingers. With Cammy he still produces because of his great vision but that won't last forever, teams will use their size to shut them down if they kept that line and if they tried to ice that line against another teams 1st line all the time they'd get wrecked.

I love DD but he's the type of player who needs to be insulated quite a bit by playing sheltered minutes on a line with guys who really open up room for him. I don't see that being the case playing 1st line minutes with Cammy against top opposition.

Old
01-03-2012, 08:25 AM
OneSharpMarble

Quote:
Originally Posted by neofury View Post
Yeah, DD is great and all but LOL at the folks who don't understand how insulated the guy is on our squad. He's usually playing against 3rd line opposition, 2nd at best while Plek takes care of the 1st liners. He also usually has big wingers. With Cammy he still produces because of his great vision but that won't last forever, teams will use their size to shut them down if they kept that line and if they tried to ice that line against another teams 1st line all the time they'd get wrecked.

I love DD but he's the type of player who needs to be insulated quite a bit by playing sheltered minutes on a line with guys who really open up room for him. I don't see that being the case playing 1st line minutes with Cammy against top opposition.
That's funny because gomez was getting the same insulated minutes and couldn't buy a goal while dragging his wingers into a black hole. DD is probably more suited for the 3rd line at his current skill level but that is exascerbated by Pleks being more suited as a 2nd line centre. We are weak down the middle, what else is new?

OneSharpMarble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2012, 08:33 AM
swimmer77
What's an ROW?

Quote:
Originally Posted by loudi94 View Post
Just his paycheque. Squeezed it like he'd won the lottery.
LOL

Gorges is the new peacemaker in town. Move over Gill.

swimmer77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2012, 08:37 AM
Maxpac

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHabsEra View Post
I think the room is obviously divided.. A bit like it was the case with Philly, kids taking too much space for some vets..
I saw one of my buddies get in a scrum with his little brother. His house is obviously divided...

Maxpac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2012, 08:42 AM
RaMMuT
Tank Nation 2012

It ain't easy being a G...

RaMMuT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2012, 09:44 AM
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!

vCash: 137
Quote:
Originally Posted by habtastic View Post
I think this thread reflects its subject. Every other thread is hating on Plekanec or Subban. We're just exchanging meaningless jabs, neither is going anywhere and both are equally important to the team.

stop the hate, divert to Campoli!
Imagine a fight between Campoli and Gomez? That could be amusing.

Le Tricolore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2012, 09:51 AM
neofury*

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSharpMarble View Post
That's funny because gomez was getting the same insulated minutes and couldn't buy a goal while dragging his wingers into a black hole. DD is probably more suited for the 3rd line at his current skill level but that is exascerbated by Pleks being more suited as a 2nd line centre. We are weak down the middle, what else is new?
Not even arguing against this, I agree that he's better than Gomez. But I just find he's very overrated by this forum. If he isn't given the perfect circumstances he won't produce. Gomez couldn't even produce with those circumstances.

Also @ the mod who changed the title (I'm guessing overlords) that was awesome Made my day when I came back from helping a client to find the title changed.

Old
01-03-2012, 09:57 AM
donghabs98

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stradale View Post
What's with the hate on Plekanec? I know he's struggling recently.. but the whole team is. So Plekanec should be trade away now? Once a player hits a slump, he should be traded away? Plekanec is our most consistent player in the last 3-4 years. He is mister do it all, offensively or defensively just because the team is struggling and Plekanec is not carrying the team by himself does not mean with should trade him away. You guys are a ****ing joke wanting to trade away the whole team. So far, Price, Subbban, Plekanec, AK, GIonta, Gomez, Cammalleri Gorges should be trade... for consistent player that never slump like Getzlaf, Staal, Ribeiro, Lecavalier, Richards, Roy, Krejci, Stasny, Bergeron, Backes... oh wait.. They all have less points/or have a miserable season like our sissy, useless Plekanec this season.
i don't get the hate for him too
I see Price being talked too

plek is a team guy that was home grown
i would hate to see him gone

donghabs98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2012, 10:38 AM
neofury*

Quote:
Originally Posted by donghabs98 View Post
i don't get the hate for him too
I see Price being talked too

plek is a team guy that was home grown
i would hate to see him gone
Anyone hating on Plekanec, Gorges, Price or Subban imo is just a W-L-OTL column noob who I should place on my ignore list. I feel these opinions are quite stupid as if it weren't for these players our team would never win. Funny how people blame the 22 year old d-man cause he makes a few mistakes (as if no 22 year old d-man ever ****ed up before, wonder how Gorges would have played here at 22...) but the same people don't give that d-man props for the other 24.5 minutes a night he plays a borderline flawless game.

What about the games he plays 30 minutes a night? Mistakes are made when you're an overworked 22 year old sophomore d-man with the weight of the whole world on your shoulders. How people can be so unforgiving of Subbans errors = ridiculous. Obviously the guy has been solid for us, he makes a few mistakes and suddenly he's in the fan/media doghouse. It's absolutely pathetic.

Old
01-03-2012, 10:52 AM
kovaless

My take on this is that this not that big a deal. One thing seems be evident, Subban yaps too much, even to his own teammates. He needs to tone it down. I have no problem with hard pratices. If he could just shut up and play, then I bet there are no issues with him.

kovaless is offline   Reply With Quote