HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Subban/Plekanec get in a tiny scrum overhyped by RDS/TSN (UPD: Skirmish w/Desharnais)

Old
01-03-2012, 11:10 AM
habtastic

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimota View Post
Not even Moen who let Eller get hit like crazy.
tbf no one would fight him and he got sent to the box

habtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2012, 11:15 AM
McSorleyStick
DECIMA-TING

Quote:
Originally Posted by Classified View Post
Didn't really like Subban at the start of last season, started to like him towards the end of last year but I don't know how I feel about him now. Dude acts like he's already a stud, he hasn't done much this year for the team that is noteworthy.

Maybe I just prefer the more humble/consistent effort of someone like Pleks* more than the in your face attitude of Subban.

*I know Pleks has been playing like a little girl lately I mean over the course of his career.
Great post

McSorleyStick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2012, 11:42 AM
holyhabs87

vCash: 2009
You really get a glimpse into how so many fans are not used to a guy like Subban in hockey. You need to be boring to be accepted in this league.

You cant love him for his swag when he is great than blame him for being too cocky and thinking he's a stud when he is struggling. That is his personality, his style.

holyhabs87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2012, 12:35 PM
ChikN

Quote:
Originally Posted by holyhabs87 View Post
You really get a glimpse into how so many fans are not used to a guy like Subban in hockey. You need to be boring to be accepted in this league.

You cant love him for his swag when he is great than blame him for being too cocky and thinking he's a stud when he is struggling. That is his personality, his style.
And his style is exactly what a team like montreal needs. An identity, some swag, something to make other teams think and get them off their game. Subban is a 2012 hockey player and he's not the only one built in that mold. People always complained about Pronger's ''attitude'' through his whole career, and look where he is now, it didnt block him from being a top 5 dman in this league for the last 10 years.

This sport needs more Prongers, Kanes, Ovies and Subbans. This game needs some athletes who are alive and give a show, on and off the ice.

ChikN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2012, 12:40 PM
Subban76

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChikN View Post
And his style is exactly what a team like montreal needs. An identity, some swag, something to make other teams think and get them off their game. Subban is a 2012 hockey player and he's not the only one built in that mold. People always complained about Pronger's ''attitude'' through his whole career, and look where he is now, it didnt block him from being a top 5 dman in this league for the last 10 years.

This sport needs more Prongers, Kanes, Ovies and Subbans. This game needs some athletes who are alive and give a show, on and off the ice.
Yes, but when you start annoying your own teammates, that's a different story. I love PK, but he as to learn to better respect his teammates. Even Jamie Benn mentionned last week that watching the world juniors brings him great memories except the constant Subban chirping that was annoying.

It will come with maturity, but he as to learn to not annoy is own teammates.

Subban76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2012, 12:49 PM
EllertoKostitsynGoal

This obviously mean Subban is a cancer and should be traded. He will then do like SK and continue to be hated by all his linemates, his coach, the whole training staff and that dude who works in the parking lot till he end up in the KHL... oh wait.

Some people here.

EllertoKostitsynGoal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2012, 01:00 PM
PricePkPatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subban76 View Post
Yes, but when you start annoying your own teammates, that's a different story. I love PK, but he as to learn to better respect his teammates. Even Jamie Benn mentionned last week that watching the world juniors brings him great memories except the constant Subban chirping that was annoying.

It will come with maturity, but he as to learn to not annoy is own teammates.
Subban's attitude is probably an amplifier. When the team is doing great, his teammate probably kinda rally around it like a weird but funny mascot, a quirk that sets you apart and gives you a bit sense of belonging, great for morale.

When things go badly, it gets on everybody's nerves. It's a reminder of how things are currently ******, it's one more thing to have to stabilize with your mind. Ultimately, it's a detriment.

Subban will hopefully mature and learn to wield his attitude like he does his offensive skill: with careful timing. You don't want to take out this kind of enthusiasm and energy, you just want to harness it for when it's used as it's best.

It's a two-edged asset. Like everything about PK. But it's a darn sharp and sought after asset, and our team are greater because of it.

Roy might be the kind of coach that would both understand and channel that sort of potential.

PricePkPatch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2012, 01:09 PM
larek

Quote:
Originally Posted by neofury View Post
Anyone hating on Plekanec, Gorges, Price or Subban imo is just a W-L-OTL column noob who I should place on my ignore list. I feel these opinions are quite stupid as if it weren't for these players our team would never win. Funny how people blame the 22 year old d-man cause he makes a few mistakes (as if no 22 year old d-man ever ****ed up before, wonder how Gorges would have played here at 22...) but the same people don't give that d-man props for the other 24.5 minutes a night he plays a borderline flawless game.

What about the games he plays 30 minutes a night? Mistakes are made when you're an overworked 22 year old sophomore d-man with the weight of the whole world on your shoulders. How people can be so unforgiving of Subbans errors = ridiculous. Obviously the guy has been solid for us, he makes a few mistakes and suddenly he's in the fan/media doghouse. It's absolutely pathetic.
if Subban does get traded - some of his teammates will be partly responsible- Then Gorges can take PK spot play his minutes- play PP- rush the puck up the ice- do the things that no other Dman does for HAbs

Last edited by larek: 01-03-2012 at 01:14 PM.
larek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2012, 06:09 PM
hockeyfan2k11

Love how some posters talk as if they know what each player thinks of each other. It's lame.

hockeyfan2k11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2012, 06:48 PM
ThaDevilGirl

Nice title change.

ThaDevilGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2012, 07:38 PM
habsjunkie2*

Funny how they'll drop the gloves against each other, but when it comes to the teams we play each night, forget about it. Not that I want either of them getting their teeth knocked in for fun, but it's telling of the teams character, they're more intense during practice than they are during the games, it's amazing.

habsjunkie2* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2012, 08:19 PM
Plante

I got into an awesome fight with my brother a couple weeks ago... didn't change our mood to one another at all... actually it helped relieve stress.

Hockey players being hockey players

Plante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2012, 03:43 PM
razorback

Plekanec interview with Czech "MF Dnes" daily

"PK Subban is in essentially a good hockey player, but we need him to play for the team and to be responsible toward all teammates,"

"He behaved [irresponsibly] during matches or training sessions. He has big problems with it and he is not able to follow certain rules, even after several meetings and discussions. Until he learns how to deal with it, the problems will continue. It is simply necessary for somebody to be constantly pushing him to be responsible."

About the actual incident:

"It happened multiple times that things did not work out with him as they should. That pissed me a lot. Such things really bother me. I do not appreciate when someone is not accountable to the team. I'd forgive when somebody plays badly. We all play bad in Montreal now. But responsibility and all that stuff must be 100%. And that's simply not like that with him... "

When questioned about the specifics:

"Just before that particular workout we had a meeting and then we discussed how we need to play and how we need to practice. And he jumped on the ice and started doing spinoramas and stuff like that. That started it all."

More here:

http://translate.google.com/translat...120855_nhl_cig

razorback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2012, 03:48 PM
Aceekay

So spinorama's are bad?

Aceekay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2012, 03:59 PM
David_99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aceekay View Post
So spinorama's are bad?
It would be if it was a strict, keep it simple, defensive practice.

David_99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2012, 04:07 PM
Myron Gaines*
Trop Giou

Plekanec is jelly cuz Subban's spinoramas are stylin' on him.

Myron Gaines* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2012, 04:08 PM
knuck
On and off fan

I thought it had happened again

knuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2012, 04:23 PM
Face81

Is it me or the article you sent a link to isnt realy good? I mean, English is my third language but it just seems to be bad writen.Can anybody else take a look?

Face81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2012, 04:26 PM
ThaDevilGirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Face81 View Post
Is it me or the article you sent a link to isnt realy good? I mean, English is my third language but it just seems to be bad writen.Can anybody else take a look?
It's translated via google...

ThaDevilGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2012, 04:34 PM
andy28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aceekay View Post
So spinorama's are bad?
Subban's spinorama's are awesome. At the same time, I have seen a few occasions where he is back in our zone waiitng out the line changes, another d comes in with him along with an opposing forward forechecking and Subban does like 3 or 4 of them instead of passing off to his teammate.

Swag is one thing, but that kind of hotddogging is unnecessary.

andy28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2012, 04:36 PM
Face81

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaDevilGirl View Post
It's translated via google...
Oh right.. Sorry about that :/

Face81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2012, 04:41 PM
andy28

Quote:
Originally Posted by holyhabs87 View Post

I think there is a middle ground here, between the people who criticize Subban for every little goal celebration or triple high five, and the ones who defend him from all criticism. Some of that stuff is warranted. Everybody has an individual personality, and everyone to some degree has to learn some degree of control over their bad habits as part of a team game.

andy28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2012, 05:58 PM
bravehab

Send a message via MSN to bravehab
these players like Cole ect speaking out against PK know what it will cause in the media
if things werent a big deal and they were getting along I doubt they say anything

bravehab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2012, 03:10 PM
llamateizer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovaless View Post
My take on this is that this not that big a deal. One thing seems be evident, Subban yaps too much, even to his own teammates. He needs to tone it down. I have no problem with hard pratices. If he could just shut up and play, then I bet there are no issues with him.

lol sorry for bringing this thread up

But ESPN quoted this message talking about Subban
the mainboard thread
http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1113557

llamateizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2012, 03:25 PM
Bloumeister
Certifiable

Quote:
Originally Posted by chewBACHa View Post
lol sorry for bringing this thread up

But ESPN quoted this message talking about Subban
the mainboard thread
http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1113557
The ESPN "story":

Clearing the boards

Hockey fans love to hate on P.K. Subban's game and his smack-talk. But he can dish it right back.

http://espn.go.com/nhl/story/_/id/75...-espn-magazine

The original posts:

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...7&postcount=36

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...&postcount=250

Bravo to members - and new Internet superstars - Psycho Papa Joe and kovaless!

Bloumeister is offline   Reply With Quote