HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Subban/Plekanec get in a tiny scrum overhyped by RDS/TSN (UPD: Skirmish w/Desharnais)

Old
01-02-2012, 11:45 AM
nnynetpotato

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs Fan in NJ View Post
I'm assuming it's because, as many have said, he treats the practices like actual games sometimes and not everybody is really into that.

While I appreciate his effort, personally, I do understand someone potentially not liking that.
I'd think it was classless.

nnynetpotato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2012, 11:46 AM
LyricalLyricist

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by nnynetpotato View Post
Well,they are a mess and in cap hell...

Not sure on the rest but those are the two things we can see that matter.
He's a Bruins fan. I understand saying whatever about the team in the context, but he took a few too many leaps of logic there.

LyricalLyricist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2012, 11:48 AM
Protest the Hero

Plekanec actually dropped the gloves? The hell?

Protest the Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Dojji*
Fight the Hate

The Habs should give Subban some leeway here. If you look at it right, this might be Subban trying to be a leader and pressure his teammates to do better. He seems extremely competitive, not to say reminding me somtimes of some of the really good NBA stars with a lot of pride and passion. If you put some weight behind his words and shed the vets that grumble, things might just turn around.

I may be a Bruins fan but I'm one of those rare, really crazy fans that want the Habs to do really really well so I can hate them the way I want to. It sucks some of the joy out of the NHL for me when they're irrelevant. I'm sure a lot of my compatriots will be there rooting for the Canadiens to fall apart, but I know the value of a good strong rival so I hope the Habs continue to be a good enemy.

BTW loved the first round series last year. Easily the most passionate and electric playoff series in years.

Dojji* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
shutehinside

This is not a big deal. Happens all the time with every team, especially in times of frustration like now.
I'm happy it happened, it shows they both still care. Only thing is I wish Cammy was involved in it too!

shutehinside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2012, 11:49 AM
Whitesnake
Year of the Snake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twi2teD View Post
If you can't see the difference between the way Sergei was acting and these "fights", then I doubt I can help you.

Sergei was a really bad example for the other players. If you allow players to be late, lackadaisical performance at practice, and general bad attitude towards coaches and players, then you are really not a good coach.
Please enlighten me. You seem to know way more from the inside than I do. A general bad attitude towards coaches and players? You mean the same attitude that made him, once in Hamilton, asked Guy Boucher to look at videos to improve himself? The same attitude that despite his lack of offense this year, makes Barry Trotz use him for 15+ minutes, a Barry Trotz who's main attribute is how hard a guy works? 'Cause once a cancer, always a cancer. Like Sean Avery. The rest of the guys needs guys that talks to them. Again, a Sergei Kostitysn who was once seen as a potential 80-point player ON THIS VERY OWN BOARD. Lackadaisical performance at practice. You mean the same type of performance Price once had and that was reported by Dany Dubé the most pro-Habs journalist out there? Late? How many times? Any players have been late that you know off? Sorry, makes no sense. They panicked the way they panicked before. And were at the wrong end EVERY SINGLE TIME.

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2012, 11:50 AM
waffledave
waffledave, from hf

Subban has friends. I saw him out to dinner with Patch and Eller.

Subban and Eller were eating hamburgers. Patch was eating steamed vegetables.

waffledave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2012, 11:50 AM
HankyZetts
Twi2ted

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfan2k11 View Post
All 2nd and 3rd hand information. Why do I not hear about any of this in Nashville? Hab fans have to be the biggest gossipers in all of sports.
You really don't know what you are talking about then.

He was late for team bus, and I think a team meeting. This was reported, you can look it up.

There is video of Jacques Martin literally flipping out on Sergei for not paying attention at practice. Look it up.

Guy Carbonneau referred to Sergei when saying something along the lines of, "players acting like they are 10 year vets when they are rookies", back when he was coach.

When he got kicked off the ice at practice(or refused to come out, can't remember now) Price tried talking to him and Sergei shrugged him off to which Price said something like "real nice Sergei".

He threatened a bunch of times to leave to Russia even with Bob Gainey personally trying to talk sense into him and showing commitment to him.

Now all of this is public knowledge, if you were paying attention, not to mention all the "other" stuff like excessive partying, hanging out with the wrong kind of people, etc. So please tell me what can be disputed from what I said in my original post?

HankyZetts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2012, 11:51 AM
Whitesnake
Year of the Snake

Quote:
Originally Posted by waffledave View Post

So Patch didn't appreciate Subban and Eller's eating habits....he doesn't like them. Just pretend to be. Controversy.

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2012, 11:51 AM
loudi94
Master of my Domain

vCash: 50
Quote:

****ing Laraque!!

loudi94 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2012, 11:53 AM
haveandare

This team needs a Flyers-esque shakeup. Keep the young talent - ship out the middle age guys who aren't getting any better and aren't using their experience to keep the team on an even keel. Whats the point of having vets instead of young guys if they can't play consistently or have a positive effect on the team attitude? They're eating up cap room and they're not getting any better. Time for an overhaul.

haveandare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2012, 11:54 AM
WeThreeKings

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Teams who fight amongst themselves are rarely teams who win.

WeThreeKings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2012, 11:54 AM
Richiebottles
Big Mike !

Just when you thought that things could not get funnier.

Richiebottles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2012, 11:55 AM
hockeyfan2k11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twi2teD View Post
You really don't know what you are talking about then.

He was late for team bus, and I think a team meeting. This was reported, you can look it up.

There is video of Jacques Martin literally flipping out on Sergei for not paying attention at practice. Look it up.

Guy Carbonneau referred to Sergei when saying something along the lines of, "players acting like they are 10 year vets when they are rookies", back when he was coach.

When he got kicked off the ice at practice(or refused to come out, can't remember now) Price tried talking to him and Sergei shrugged him off to which Price said something like "real nice Sergei".

He threatened a bunch of times to leave to Russia even with Bob Gainey personally trying to talk sense into him and showing commitment to him.

Now all of this is public knowledge, if you were paying attention, not to mention all the "other" stuff like excessive partying, hanging out with the wrong kind of people, etc. So please tell me what can be disputed from what I said in my original post?
So basically most of this is 3rd hand information. Great. Also, OMG Sergei shrugged off Price!! Do you know how often things like that happen? Late for a team bus? OMG, that never happens!!! Seguin missed a practice...he was scratched and that was it.

When people dislike someone, they try to blow up any little thing about them and believe anything negative about them and assume everything said about them is right.

He was immature probably, but a cancer? Give me a break. Everyone's a cancer when they get traded from the Habs.

hockeyfan2k11 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
Central Scrutinizer
Lord of Song

Quote:
Originally Posted by loudi94 View Post
****ing Laraque!!
nice.

Central Scrutinizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
PyrettaBlaze

What is this? The 4th or 5th time that Subban gets into a fight with a teammate? And this isn't the first time he fought with Plekanec either...

Oh well. **** happens I guess...

PyrettaBlaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2012, 11:58 AM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
Ohhhh you mad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stjonnypopo View Post
Now we sit and wait for the massive overreaction by the media and fans of all the teams (including ours).
Exactly.

I guess Subban was like "I'm getting Gorges money next contract" and Plekanec was like "Nah"...

DekeLikeYouMeanIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2012, 11:58 AM
Seb
Unregistered User

Send a message via MSN to Seb
Quote:
So basically most of this is 3rd hand information. Great. Also, OMG Sergei shrugged off Price!! Do you know how often things like that happen? Late for a team bus? OMG, that never happens!!! Seguin missed a practice...he was scratched and that was it.

When people dislike someone, they try to blow up any little thing about them and believe anything negative about them and assume everything said about them is right.
One of the team's veteran from that year said off the records that S.Kost was a piece of ****.

This comes from a well respected and liked player.

Seb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2012, 12:00 PM
gusfring

This team continues to be the joke of the league. Very sad.

gusfring is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2012, 12:01 PM
BoNeS42

Quote:

Why do posters like you are always right while the management/rest of the fans wrong in this kind of case? Do you know better then the management? I still freaking laugh at people that make fun of the Ribeiro trade. There's a reason he was traded for peanuts, no team wanted to risk taking him and ruining the team chemistry. Same happened with many other trades.

BoNeS42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2012, 12:03 PM
hockeyfan2k11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seb View Post
One of the team's veteran from that year said off the records that S.Kost was a piece of ****.

This comes from a well respected and liked player.
So more 3rd hand information.

Do you know what else I've heard? That Gomez and Sergei got into a knife fight. That Hamr was a drug lord and Price was a druggy.

hockeyfan2k11 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
Central Scrutinizer
Lord of Song

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post
He's a Bruins fan. I understand saying whatever about the team in the context, but he took a few too many leaps of logic there.
Show me the leaps of logic.

Central Scrutinizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Dirty Danglez
Take it like a Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Central Scrutinizer View Post
Yeah...no big deal....

The room is divided.
The team is a mess.
they are in cap hell.
They are out of the Playoffs.
Markov is in FLD... on a beach.
The Coach doesn't speak french.
The GM is Managing to say his life
Subban isn't even liked by his teamates.
Somebody should tell Cammy the season started 3 months ago.
This team has serious issues. And has had them for several years now.
Mods can we sticky this post... I would love to use it as comedic relief. Basically the habs board in 10 statements

Dirty Danglez is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
Frozenice
the random dude

Quote:

Plus others like Weber on the team. When they are interviewing the younger players on the team they will mention being friends with PK voluntarily when asked if they are fitting in with the Habs. I've seen it probably happen about half a dozen times with different players.

I think there is a fairly big cultural divide between the younger players and the older players with Subban being the most extreme as a hip, young dude and Plekanec as being old school as they come. Can they get along, sure, why not.

Frozenice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2012, 12:04 PM
Myron Gaines*
Trop Giou

Plekanec and Subban clearly don't get along, specially if things aren't going well individually. They're both pretty much at the opposite of the spectrum personality-wise. But if the team wins, you'll see none of that.

Myron Gaines* is offline   Reply With Quote