HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Subban/Plekanec get in a tiny scrum overhyped by RDS/TSN (UPD: Skirmish w/Desharnais)

Old
01-02-2012, 02:41 PM
loudi94
Master of my Domain

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by habtastic View Post
I don't like this. Yeah it happens, but dropping the gloves with the intent to hurt (insert joke) is a bit much. I think Pleky is tired of either PK making dangerous hits in practice or that he tries to do his own thing and in the process disturb the flow of the unit (which Pleks is very dedicated to).

I really hope they legitimately make up and not just for the public cuz it's our best overall fwd and best defenceman and both are part of our "core". Did anyone catch the video?
The thing that pisses me off about this the most is that Plecs will drop the gloves with a team mate in practice, but has never dared to do it in a game. Leads me to believe one of two things. 1) He truly hates PK or 2) He is full of bluster and bravado, but very little substance.

loudi94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2012, 02:41 PM
OneSharpMarble

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beaker View Post
After watching the video, I'm disappointed Subban didn't lay one into Plekanec, then skate over and pull Cammalleris jersey over his head and watch him struggle like the little girl he is. They're both ****ing pathetic. Cammalleri / Tomas are softer than soft. Michel Therrien himself wouldn't be able to describe just how soft they are.
Subban tried, he raised his fist but by the time he swung practice was over and everyone else left the ice.

OneSharpMarble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2012, 02:48 PM
habtastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beaker View Post
After watching the video, I'm disappointed Subban didn't lay one into Plekanec, then skate over and pull Cammalleris jersey over his head and watch him struggle like the little girl he is. They're both ****ing pathetic. Cammalleri / Tomas are softer than soft. Michel Therrien himself wouldn't be able to describe just how soft they are.
Really...you think Plekanec is so super soft...pffft. Watch the games. He goes into every battle and often wins the puck. Cammy, maybe, but please, when has he actually cost us the game (Pleky)? Yeah fine EN last game, but PK has cost us games by not playing for the team and as if he wants an endorsement. Don't get me wrong, I love them both, but to disparage Plekanec who works harder than anyone except Gorges is ridiculous. This divisiveness will not help. We need both these players, don't pick sides. BTW, remember PK vs. Marchand...yeah that was a total beatdown.

habtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2012, 02:49 PM
Habs Junkie

Hahaha, you guys crack me up! I just saw the video on tsn. All day I was imagining a crazy scrap, dropped gloves, bleeding faces and then pictured Josh Gorges flying in like Superman to save the day. 100 threads break out how he should be captain because of it. Other threads on trading Subban for a bag of pucks. Somehow Gomez gets blamed for all of this in the end too! Lol

Welcome to HFboards, where if you don't want to be stupid, only believe 2% of what you read!

Habs Junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2012, 02:50 PM
habtastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by loudi94 View Post
The thing that pisses me off about this the most is that Plecs will drop the gloves with a team mate in practice, but has never dared to do it in a game. Leads me to believe one of two things. 1) He truly hates PK or 2) He is full of bluster and bravado, but very little substance.
Pleks should never have to drop the gloves in a game and honestly, if PK was chirping and slashing and being counter productive to the practice, I could see being more annoyed with that than the typical goal mouth skirmish. If you saw Pleks drop the gloves during the game, I don't think your first reaction would be..this is gonna be good.

Old
01-02-2012, 02:52 PM
habtastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs Junkie View Post
Hahaha, you guys crack me up! I just saw the video on tsn. All day I was imagining a crazy scrap, dropped gloves, bleeding faces and then pictured Josh Gorges flying in like Superman to save the day. 100 threads break out how he should be captain because of it. Other threads on trading Subban for a bag of pucks. Somehow Gomez gets blamed for all of this in the end too! Lol

Welcome to HFboards, where if you don't want to be stupid, only believe 2% of what you read!
I watched the video. Doesn't make it any better that no one got hurt. The team psychology is in terrible pain. Hoppppefully not as bad as we think.

Old
01-02-2012, 02:56 PM
King Woodballs
MVP! MVP! MVP!

thats a fist fight? lol

King Woodballs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2012, 02:56 PM
loudi94
Master of my Domain

Quote:
Pleks should never have to drop the gloves in a game and honestly, if PK was chirping and slashing and being counter productive to the practice, I could see being more annoyed with that than the typical goal mouth skirmish. If you saw Pleks drop the gloves during the game, I don't think your first reaction would be..this is gonna be good.
Pleks dropping the gloves is contradictory to his entire career, be it games or the thousands of practices he's had. Why now? Like I said, pure hatred for PK or bluster?

Last edited by loudi94: 01-02-2012 at 03:11 PM.
loudi94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2012, 02:59 PM
habsjunkie2*

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfan2k11 View Post
So more 3rd hand information.

Do you know what else I've heard? That Gomez and Sergei got into a knife fight. That Hamr was a drug lord and Price was a druggy.
You know what is funny. The well respected vet was rumored to be Scott Gomez, lmao. Kettle meet pot. We got rid of the wrong one.

habsjunkie2* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2012, 03:03 PM
donghabs98

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs Junkie View Post

thats what i was thinking too

donghabs98 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2012, 03:15 PM
Central Scrutinizer
Lord of Song

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECWHSWI View Post
meh, just so we replace him with another +/- 50 pts player to realize the new guy is also inconsistent... like pretty much every 50 pts player ?
It's not all about pts. Get a player who is capable of making a difference without showing up on the scoreboard. If AK46 isn't scoring he is doing anything.

Central Scrutinizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2012, 03:15 PM
Beaker
In My Lab Goggles

Quote:
Really...you think Plekanec is so super soft...pffft. Watch the games. He goes into every battle and often wins the puck. Cammy, maybe, but please, when has he actually cost us the game (Pleky)?
Plekanec is a perimeter player. He avoids physical play like the plague. Eller is a good example of someone strong on the puck / gets involved in physical situations. I doubt Plekanec ever becomes a great playoff performer, just because of that. I'm not really picking sides, by the way, its more in the sense that Plekanec can bring more to the table than he is at the moment- same goes for Cammalleri.

Beaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2012, 03:17 PM
muzion

It's always been pretty clear to me that Plekanec never liked PK so it's no coincidence...

muzion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2012, 03:19 PM
HankyZetts
Twi2ted

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSharpMarble View Post
Subban tried, he raised his fist but by the time he swung practice was over and everyone else left the ice.
Hilarious!

HankyZetts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2012, 03:20 PM
luongo321

People want PK gone? I think he's an awesome player. I'd gladly have him on the Canucks. I mean, the rest of the league already hates us so he'd fit in great. Plus, he had that incredible check on marchand last season.

luongo321 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2012, 03:23 PM
The Kremelin Wall*
the krEMELIN wall

Quote:
Originally Posted by luongo321 View Post
People want PK gone? I think he's an awesome player. I'd gladly have him on the Canucks. I mean, the rest of the league already hates us so he'd fit in great. Plus, he had that incredible check on marchand last season.
Nobody wants PK gone. If you're offering we'll take Edler + Jensen +two firsts.

The Kremelin Wall* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2012, 03:27 PM
habtastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by loudi94 View Post
Pleks dropping the gloves is contradictory to his entire career, be it games or the thousands of practices he's had. Why now? Like I said, pure hatred for PK or bluster?
Most teams have to deal with PK at most 6 times a year, not 82 plus practice. Pleks wants the Ws not the goals or even pts. PK wants the glory. It's probably more personal than he says it is, but I think it's just Plekanec having had enough of PK not helping the team win as a unit. Personally I have no problem with either's play but I can see how much Pleks busts his ass only to see a sometimes lackadaisical Subban not help the unit a crucial times. Add PK being MORE aggressive in practice than in a game (I'm just speculating, but it's not hard to imagine) is probably hard to swallow. Neither hatred, neither bluster, it can be more complex than two options. FWIW I don't think he loves PK and his attitude towards the game even though I think they both have winning elements.

Old
01-02-2012, 03:28 PM
habtastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Central Scrutinizer View Post
It's not all about pts. Get a player who is capable of making a difference without showing up on the scoreboard. If AK46 isn't scoring he is doing anything.
I assume you mean't "isn't doing anything". AK hits and forechecks. This edition at least.

Old
01-02-2012, 03:29 PM
JGRB
#EllerThugLife

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kremelin Wall View Post
This is another reason though Markov's return will help. PK won't be able to act like his **** don't stink because Markov is better than him at everything.
Sure is better at getting surgery.

JGRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2012, 03:31 PM
The Kremelin Wall*
the krEMELIN wall

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGRB View Post
Sure is better at getting surgery.
Haters gonna hate. Markov is still by a commanding lead the best player on this team. The only reason we won't end up in the lottery this year is because of Markov's inevitable return.

The Kremelin Wall* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2012, 03:31 PM
Hugo Sham

hopefully scammalleri and blowmez break fingernails tomorrow during practice -should wake the team up even more

Hugo Sham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2012, 03:32 PM
hockeyfan2k11

Quote:
Most teams have to deal with PK at most 6 times a year, not 82 plus practice. Pleks wants the Ws not the goals or even pts. PK wants the glory. It's probably more personal than he says it is, but I think it's just Plekanec having had enough of PK not helping the team win as a unit. Personally I have no problem with either's play but I can see how much Pleks busts his ass only to see a sometimes lackadaisical Subban not help the unit a crucial times. Add PK being MORE aggressive in practice than in a game (I'm just speculating, but it's not hard to imagine) is probably hard to swallow. Neither hatred, neither bluster, it can be more complex than two options. FWIW I don't think he loves PK and his attitude towards the game even though I think they both have winning elements.
Subban's one of the few who actually does bust his a.ss. Why wouldn't Plecks be fed up with the vets who seem to sleepwalk through games? This makes no sense.

hockeyfan2k11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2012, 03:33 PM
HankyZetts
Twi2ted

Quote:
Originally Posted by onice View Post
No, no, you misunderstood. He meant there are no women in Texas who throw themselves & their pantyless bottoms at rich athletes.
Hahaha they don't care about Mikey Ribs. How are they supposed to know he's a rich athlete? Much more effort involved in trying to convince a hottie that you're a professional athlete, than to having them literally throw themselves at you

Quote:
Originally Posted by onice View Post
When you two guys say you know him are you using the biblical sense of that word or do you mean you saw him on the street one day while you were delivering groceries and he tipped you?
Grew up in ile-bizard/pierrefonds area. Met him a bunch of times, partied with him once back in the pub st.james days. Have a lot of good friends that have partied with him as well. Also have friends who are very close with his family. I know stories of Ribey that I'd never post on here because I like him way too much. Happy?

HankyZetts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2012, 03:34 PM
JGRB
#EllerThugLife

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kremelin Wall View Post
Haters gonna hate. Markov is still by a commanding lead the best player on this team. The only reason we won't end up in the lottery this year is because of Markov's inevitable return.
Markov is my favourite player.

Your the one hating. The cold hard facts are we have NO IDEA what to expect from Markov if/when he does return. To expect him to return to an elite level of play after missing two seasons is downright laughable, if he is able to return at that level at all its going to take a little time.

JGRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2012, 03:42 PM
Captain Smurf
Naively Optimistic

After perusing this thread, I have one thing to say...

Holy overreaction Batman!

Captain Smurf is offline   Reply With Quote