HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Subban/Plekanec get in a tiny scrum overhyped by RDS/TSN (UPD: Skirmish w/Desharnais)

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-02-2012, 02:41 PM
  #176
loudi94
Master of my Domain
 
loudi94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Lethbridge, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,377
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by habtastic View Post
I don't like this. Yeah it happens, but dropping the gloves with the intent to hurt (insert joke) is a bit much. I think Pleky is tired of either PK making dangerous hits in practice or that he tries to do his own thing and in the process disturb the flow of the unit (which Pleks is very dedicated to).

I really hope they legitimately make up and not just for the public cuz it's our best overall fwd and best defenceman and both are part of our "core". Did anyone catch the video?
The thing that pisses me off about this the most is that Plecs will drop the gloves with a team mate in practice, but has never dared to do it in a game. Leads me to believe one of two things. 1) He truly hates PK or 2) He is full of bluster and bravado, but very little substance.

loudi94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2012, 02:41 PM
  #177
OneSharpMarble
Registered User
 
OneSharpMarble's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,221
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beaker View Post
After watching the video, I'm disappointed Subban didn't lay one into Plekanec, then skate over and pull Cammalleris jersey over his head and watch him struggle like the little girl he is. They're both ****ing pathetic. Cammalleri / Tomas are softer than soft. Michel Therrien himself wouldn't be able to describe just how soft they are.
Subban tried, he raised his fist but by the time he swung practice was over and everyone else left the ice.

OneSharpMarble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2012, 02:48 PM
  #178
habtastic
Registered User
 
habtastic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Mumbai via MTL
Country: India
Posts: 9,233
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beaker View Post
After watching the video, I'm disappointed Subban didn't lay one into Plekanec, then skate over and pull Cammalleris jersey over his head and watch him struggle like the little girl he is. They're both ****ing pathetic. Cammalleri / Tomas are softer than soft. Michel Therrien himself wouldn't be able to describe just how soft they are.
Really...you think Plekanec is so super soft...pffft. Watch the games. He goes into every battle and often wins the puck. Cammy, maybe, but please, when has he actually cost us the game (Pleky)? Yeah fine EN last game, but PK has cost us games by not playing for the team and as if he wants an endorsement. Don't get me wrong, I love them both, but to disparage Plekanec who works harder than anyone except Gorges is ridiculous. This divisiveness will not help. We need both these players, don't pick sides. BTW, remember PK vs. Marchand...yeah that was a total beatdown.

habtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2012, 02:49 PM
  #179
Habs Junkie
Registered User
 
Habs Junkie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,060
vCash: 500
Hahaha, you guys crack me up! I just saw the video on tsn. All day I was imagining a crazy scrap, dropped gloves, bleeding faces and then pictured Josh Gorges flying in like Superman to save the day. 100 threads break out how he should be captain because of it. Other threads on trading Subban for a bag of pucks. Somehow Gomez gets blamed for all of this in the end too! Lol

Welcome to HFboards, where if you don't want to be stupid, only believe 2% of what you read!

Habs Junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2012, 02:50 PM
  #180
habtastic
Registered User
 
habtastic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Mumbai via MTL
Country: India
Posts: 9,233
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by loudi94 View Post
The thing that pisses me off about this the most is that Plecs will drop the gloves with a team mate in practice, but has never dared to do it in a game. Leads me to believe one of two things. 1) He truly hates PK or 2) He is full of bluster and bravado, but very little substance.
Pleks should never have to drop the gloves in a game and honestly, if PK was chirping and slashing and being counter productive to the practice, I could see being more annoyed with that than the typical goal mouth skirmish. If you saw Pleks drop the gloves during the game, I don't think your first reaction would be..this is gonna be good.

habtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2012, 02:52 PM
  #181
habtastic
Registered User
 
habtastic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Mumbai via MTL
Country: India
Posts: 9,233
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs Junkie View Post
Hahaha, you guys crack me up! I just saw the video on tsn. All day I was imagining a crazy scrap, dropped gloves, bleeding faces and then pictured Josh Gorges flying in like Superman to save the day. 100 threads break out how he should be captain because of it. Other threads on trading Subban for a bag of pucks. Somehow Gomez gets blamed for all of this in the end too! Lol

Welcome to HFboards, where if you don't want to be stupid, only believe 2% of what you read!
I watched the video. Doesn't make it any better that no one got hurt. The team psychology is in terrible pain. Hoppppefully not as bad as we think.

habtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2012, 02:56 PM
  #182
King Woodballs
MVP! MVP! MVP!
 
King Woodballs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Your Mind
Posts: 32,150
vCash: 50
thats a fist fight? lol

King Woodballs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2012, 02:56 PM
  #183
loudi94
Master of my Domain
 
loudi94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Lethbridge, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,377
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by habtastic View Post
Pleks should never have to drop the gloves in a game and honestly, if PK was chirping and slashing and being counter productive to the practice, I could see being more annoyed with that than the typical goal mouth skirmish. If you saw Pleks drop the gloves during the game, I don't think your first reaction would be..this is gonna be good.
Pleks dropping the gloves is contradictory to his entire career, be it games or the thousands of practices he's had. Why now? Like I said, pure hatred for PK or bluster?


Last edited by loudi94: 01-02-2012 at 03:11 PM.
loudi94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2012, 02:59 PM
  #184
habsjunkie2*
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 4,865
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfan2k11 View Post
So more 3rd hand information.

Do you know what else I've heard? That Gomez and Sergei got into a knife fight. That Hamr was a drug lord and Price was a druggy.
You know what is funny. The well respected vet was rumored to be Scott Gomez, lmao. Kettle meet pot. We got rid of the wrong one.

habsjunkie2* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2012, 03:03 PM
  #185
donghabs98
Moderator
 
donghabs98's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,807
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs Junkie View Post
Hahaha, you guys crack me up! I just saw the video on tsn. All day I was imagining a crazy scrap, dropped gloves, bleeding faces and then pictured Josh Gorges flying in like Superman to save the day. 100 threads break out how he should be captain because of it. Other threads on trading Subban for a bag of pucks. Somehow Gomez gets blamed for all of this in the end too! Lol

Welcome to HFboards, where if you don't want to be stupid, only believe 2% of what you read!


thats what i was thinking too

donghabs98 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2012, 03:15 PM
  #186
Central Scrutinizer
Lord of Song
 
Central Scrutinizer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,063
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ECWHSWI View Post
meh, just so we replace him with another +/- 50 pts player to realize the new guy is also inconsistent... like pretty much every 50 pts player ?
It's not all about pts. Get a player who is capable of making a difference without showing up on the scoreboard. If AK46 isn't scoring he is doing anything.

Central Scrutinizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2012, 03:15 PM
  #187
Beaker
In My Lab Goggles
 
Beaker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: In The Lab.
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,404
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habtastic View Post
Really...you think Plekanec is so super soft...pffft. Watch the games. He goes into every battle and often wins the puck. Cammy, maybe, but please, when has he actually cost us the game (Pleky)?
Plekanec is a perimeter player. He avoids physical play like the plague. Eller is a good example of someone strong on the puck / gets involved in physical situations. I doubt Plekanec ever becomes a great playoff performer, just because of that. I'm not really picking sides, by the way, its more in the sense that Plekanec can bring more to the table than he is at the moment- same goes for Cammalleri.

Beaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2012, 03:17 PM
  #188
muzion
Registered User
 
muzion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: St-Hubert, Québec
Country: Canada
Posts: 870
vCash: 500
It's always been pretty clear to me that Plekanec never liked PK so it's no coincidence...

muzion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2012, 03:19 PM
  #189
HankyZetts
Twi2ted
 
HankyZetts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,711
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSharpMarble View Post
Subban tried, he raised his fist but by the time he swung practice was over and everyone else left the ice.
Hilarious!

HankyZetts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2012, 03:20 PM
  #190
luongo321
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 9,771
vCash: 50
People want PK gone? I think he's an awesome player. I'd gladly have him on the Canucks. I mean, the rest of the league already hates us so he'd fit in great. Plus, he had that incredible check on marchand last season.

luongo321 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2012, 03:23 PM
  #191
The Kremelin Wall*
the krEMELIN wall
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,769
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by luongo321 View Post
People want PK gone? I think he's an awesome player. I'd gladly have him on the Canucks. I mean, the rest of the league already hates us so he'd fit in great. Plus, he had that incredible check on marchand last season.
Nobody wants PK gone. If you're offering we'll take Edler + Jensen +two firsts.

The Kremelin Wall* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2012, 03:27 PM
  #192
habtastic
Registered User
 
habtastic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Mumbai via MTL
Country: India
Posts: 9,233
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by loudi94 View Post
Pleks dropping the gloves is contradictory to his entire career, be it games or the thousands of practices he's had. Why now? Like I said, pure hatred for PK or bluster?
Most teams have to deal with PK at most 6 times a year, not 82 plus practice. Pleks wants the Ws not the goals or even pts. PK wants the glory. It's probably more personal than he says it is, but I think it's just Plekanec having had enough of PK not helping the team win as a unit. Personally I have no problem with either's play but I can see how much Pleks busts his ass only to see a sometimes lackadaisical Subban not help the unit a crucial times. Add PK being MORE aggressive in practice than in a game (I'm just speculating, but it's not hard to imagine) is probably hard to swallow. Neither hatred, neither bluster, it can be more complex than two options. FWIW I don't think he loves PK and his attitude towards the game even though I think they both have winning elements.

habtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2012, 03:28 PM
  #193
habtastic
Registered User
 
habtastic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Mumbai via MTL
Country: India
Posts: 9,233
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Central Scrutinizer View Post
It's not all about pts. Get a player who is capable of making a difference without showing up on the scoreboard. If AK46 isn't scoring he is doing anything.
I assume you mean't "isn't doing anything". AK hits and forechecks. This edition at least.

habtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2012, 03:29 PM
  #194
JGRB
#EllerThugLife
 
JGRB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,648
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kremelin Wall View Post
This is another reason though Markov's return will help. PK won't be able to act like his **** don't stink because Markov is better than him at everything.
Sure is better at getting surgery.

JGRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2012, 03:31 PM
  #195
The Kremelin Wall*
the krEMELIN wall
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,769
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JGRB View Post
Sure is better at getting surgery.
Haters gonna hate. Markov is still by a commanding lead the best player on this team. The only reason we won't end up in the lottery this year is because of Markov's inevitable return.

The Kremelin Wall* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2012, 03:31 PM
  #196
Hugo Sham
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Montreal
Posts: 10,116
vCash: 500
hopefully scammalleri and blowmez break fingernails tomorrow during practice -should wake the team up even more

Hugo Sham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2012, 03:32 PM
  #197
hockeyfan2k11
Registered User
 
hockeyfan2k11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 9,131
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habtastic View Post
Most teams have to deal with PK at most 6 times a year, not 82 plus practice. Pleks wants the Ws not the goals or even pts. PK wants the glory. It's probably more personal than he says it is, but I think it's just Plekanec having had enough of PK not helping the team win as a unit. Personally I have no problem with either's play but I can see how much Pleks busts his ass only to see a sometimes lackadaisical Subban not help the unit a crucial times. Add PK being MORE aggressive in practice than in a game (I'm just speculating, but it's not hard to imagine) is probably hard to swallow. Neither hatred, neither bluster, it can be more complex than two options. FWIW I don't think he loves PK and his attitude towards the game even though I think they both have winning elements.
Subban's one of the few who actually does bust his a.ss. Why wouldn't Plecks be fed up with the vets who seem to sleepwalk through games? This makes no sense.

hockeyfan2k11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2012, 03:33 PM
  #198
HankyZetts
Twi2ted
 
HankyZetts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,711
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by onice View Post
No, no, you misunderstood. He meant there are no women in Texas who throw themselves & their pantyless bottoms at rich athletes.
Hahaha they don't care about Mikey Ribs. How are they supposed to know he's a rich athlete? Much more effort involved in trying to convince a hottie that you're a professional athlete, than to having them literally throw themselves at you

Quote:
Originally Posted by onice View Post
When you two guys say you know him are you using the biblical sense of that word or do you mean you saw him on the street one day while you were delivering groceries and he tipped you?
Grew up in ile-bizard/pierrefonds area. Met him a bunch of times, partied with him once back in the pub st.james days. Have a lot of good friends that have partied with him as well. Also have friends who are very close with his family. I know stories of Ribey that I'd never post on here because I like him way too much. Happy?

HankyZetts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2012, 03:34 PM
  #199
JGRB
#EllerThugLife
 
JGRB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,648
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kremelin Wall View Post
Haters gonna hate. Markov is still by a commanding lead the best player on this team. The only reason we won't end up in the lottery this year is because of Markov's inevitable return.
Markov is my favourite player.

Your the one hating. The cold hard facts are we have NO IDEA what to expect from Markov if/when he does return. To expect him to return to an elite level of play after missing two seasons is downright laughable, if he is able to return at that level at all its going to take a little time.

JGRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2012, 03:42 PM
  #200
Captain Smurf
Naively Optimistic
 
Captain Smurf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Thornhill, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,099
vCash: 500
After perusing this thread, I have one thing to say...


Holy overreaction Batman!

Captain Smurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:08 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.