HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Boston Bruins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2011/2012 Bruins Prospect Thread (Part 2)

Closed Thread

Old
01-04-2012, 10:16 PM
GloryDaze4877
Thanks Burkie!!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrrOverGretzky View Post
A guy from the Brampton Battalion or the Soo Greyhounds would look pretty good eh ? I also wouldn't mind Malcolm Subban. In a few years he and Rask would be like Thomas Rask all over again.
My son was playing NHL 12 last night and the team he faced had Subban in goal, and he asked if that was PK's brother and I told him it was and that some people thought he was going to be a real stud.

He looked at me and said,

"How great would it be if the Bruins drafted him? That would be too funny."

Now, THAT would be an interesting situation for the B's fans

Old
01-05-2012, 03:47 AM
Alan Ryan

Khokhlachev is NEHJ's Bruins prospect of the month

From Kirk's call in the New England Hockey Journal:

For the third consecutive month, a player out of Ontario major junior in the CHL has captured New England Hockey Journal Prospect of the Month honors. December’s top prospect for the B’s is Windsor Spitfires center Alexander Khokhlachev.

The 40th overall selection in the 2011 NHL Entry Draft just made the Sep. 15 cutoff date by six days with a Sep. 9, 1993 birthdate. The B’s used the pick acquired from the Minnesota Wild for Chuck Kobasew to grab the skilled Muscovite, who lacks blazing speed to go with his undersized (5-foot-10) frame, but has superb hands and offensive instincts.

After scoring 34 goals and 76 points as a 17-year-old rookie in his first North American season a year ago, Khokhlachev is on pace to exceed his points totals with Windsor even with the two-week interruption due to the World Jr. tourney. He currently sits ninth in the OHL scoring race and his 30 assists are good for sixth place in the league.

As one of the youngest players on Team Russia’s Under-20 squad (and WJHC defending champions), KoKo scored the first goal of the tourney for his club against Switzerland after stealing an errant Sven Bartschi pass, streaking up the right wing side and then burying a quick wrist shot. He finished the preliminary round with three goals in four games for the Russians.

Khokhlachev and his mates will face Sweden Thursday in Calgary for a chance to repeat as gold medal winners. The 18-year-old came up big for his squad in the semi-final game against Canada this week, tallying a goal and assist in the second frame of a 6-5 victory.

This article from Kirk Luedeke is comprehensive, current and well written. It paints a picture of a very good Bruins prospect.

http://kirkscall.hockeyjournal.com/2...r-khokhlachev/

Old
01-05-2012, 07:07 AM
Dom - OHL
http://ohlwriters.co

Send a message via MSN to Dom - OHL
Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryDaze4877 View Post
My son was playing NHL 12 last night and the team he faced had Subban in goal, and he asked if that was PK's brother and I told him it was and that some people thought he was going to be a real stud.

He looked at me and said,

"How great would it be if the Bruins drafted him? That would be too funny."

Now, THAT would be an interesting situation for the B's fans
If the Leafs pick low enough I can almost guarantee he's not getting passed them. And he will be a stud. Absolutely amazing numbers this year to lead not only draft eligible goalies, but all goalies in the OHL and i believe CHL as well but would have to look.

As for GC and DB that Kirk mentioned, don't want to turn this into a draft thread but be sure to read what he has to say on them. IMO, Kirk will have a hard time trying to find anything negative about either that can't be fixed.

Sorry Kirk for giving you praise before you even type a word on them buddy !

Old
01-05-2012, 08:49 AM
Ratty

Not to prolong the draft issue, but can someone tell me what GC and DB stand for? I went to the Soo Greyhounds site and found a David Broll. So I guess he's the "DB". Couldn't find a "GC", however on the Batallion site. Why the cryptic reference? Not supposed to let other teams in whom we may be interested?

Old
01-05-2012, 09:01 AM
Dom - OHL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratty View Post
Not to prolong the draft issue, but can someone tell me what GC and DB stand for? I went to the Soo Greyhounds site and found a David Broll. So I guess he's the "DB". Couldn't find a "GC", however on the Batallion site. Why the cryptic reference? Not supposed to let other teams in whom we may be interested?
DB is Dylan Blujus - Brampton Battalion
GC is Gianluca Curcuruto - Soo Greyhounds

No cryptic reference meant. Was hoping to wait until Kirk had talked to them both.

Rather than link you to my own blog Ratty, if you google them, there is plenty of info from some well respected people out there. And you wont be disappointed.

Old
01-05-2012, 09:38 AM
nycbruins*

Brady Skjei. 6'3" and skates like the wind.

Don't know much else about him, though. Intriguing.

Okay, back to prospects: What's the status of Knight's injury and Spooner's trade?

Old
01-05-2012, 10:04 AM
Dom - OHL

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycbruins View Post
Brady Skjei. 6'3" and skates like the wind.

Don't know much else about him, though. Intriguing.

Okay, back to prospects: What's the status of Knight's injury and Spooner's trade?
Knight will miss this weekend's games and be back at it next week. Haven't been able to confirm it yet but was told the injury is related to the same injury that caused him to miss two games before Christmas.

I expect the Spooner trade will be "official" tomorrow. Could still happen later today but I won't hold my breath for it.

Sarnia acquired defenseman Adrian Robertson (Windsor's captain) yesterday and they needed help on d to go deep and pulled off the trade making Sarnia an even better destination for Spooner to go to.

Another team could still come in and wow Kingston with a better offer but with what Sarnia is supposedly giving up I doubt it happens.

Old
01-05-2012, 10:37 AM
Dom - OHL

Well forget what I said about Spooner. Trade is done. Now a Sarnia Sting. It is official

Quote:
KingstonFronts Kingston Frontenacs
Busy morning, in addition to the Spooner trade, Fronts acquire young forward Billy Jenkins from Niagra, details @ kingstonfrontenacs.com

Old
01-05-2012, 10:54 AM
Kirk- NEHJ

First heard about Spooner to Sarnia last month. Parties agreed to deal in principle on Sunday- shows you how much different things are in jr. hockey when it comes to trades/windows/requirements that it was just officially announced today.

Last edited by Kirk- NEHJ: 01-05-2012 at 11:27 AM.
Old
01-05-2012, 11:35 AM
KnightofBoston
MVP

Hmmm. Ryan with Nail? Good or bad thing for his development? I suppose it could give him confidence to have someone finish a lot on his nice feeds and vice versa

Old
01-05-2012, 11:41 AM
Kirk- NEHJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightofBoston View Post
Hmmm. Ryan with Nail? Good or bad thing for his development?
One dynamic, creative offensive player skating alongside another.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg not_sure_if_serious_8.jpg‎ (71.1 KB, 10 views)

Old
01-05-2012, 02:00 PM
dafoomie
Eat Mor Chikin

Send a message via AIM to dafoomie
Spooner with Yakupov? Shut up and take my money.

Old
01-05-2012, 02:47 PM
bruinsfan46

Question for OOG, I see that Brett Ritchie was traded to Niagara for draft picks (three 2nds and a 5th) so who could Sarnia be targeting with those draft picks? Clearly they're going for it so they must have someone in mind that they will flip those draft picks for.

Old
01-05-2012, 04:46 PM
Dom - OHL

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruinsfan46 View Post
Question for OOG, I see that Brett Ritchie was traded to Niagara for draft picks (three 2nds and a 5th) so who could Sarnia be targeting with those draft picks? Clearly they're going for it so they must have someone in mind that they will flip those draft picks for.
Two areas I think they are looking to improve are in net and on D. JP Anderson from the Majors could be available and would have Maxwell plus picks going the other way.

Hearing rumors now that Windsor is looking to move Nick Ebert and Rychel likes his draft picks in Windsor. Could be just what Ebert needs to - a change of scenery.

I don't think Sarnia is done dealing and the first option is a possibility and there's a lot of people that think it is also possible. The second is just rumor right now.

Scratch what I said/was gonna say about London. They just acquired Greg McKegg. Finally, someone to play with Jared Knight

Last edited by Dom - OHL: 01-05-2012 at 05:05 PM.
Old
01-05-2012, 05:41 PM
KnightofBoston
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirk- NEHJ View Post
One dynamic, creative offensive player skating alongside another.
it's good? Ok! Haha.

Old
01-05-2012, 06:57 PM
Bruins1726

Speaking of Ebert how does he look this year? 1st round talent? What type of player is he?

Old
01-05-2012, 09:10 PM
Kirk- NEHJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Ryan View Post
From Kirk's call in the New England Hockey Journal:

This article from Kirk Luedeke is comprehensive, current and well written. It paints a picture of a very good Bruins prospect.

http://kirkscall.hockeyjournal.com/2...r-khokhlachev/
Thanks, Alan. Very nice of you to say.

Will KoKo be a difference-maker tonight? 0-0 late in gold medal game, with Andrey Makarov with 50 saves...quite the surprise thus far.

He's Saskatoon's goalie. The Blades have had some good luck with Russians over the years. Anton Khudobin once made 80 saves in a 4-OT 4-3 loss to Medicine Hat in 2006 WHL playoffs.

Old
01-05-2012, 10:10 PM
DKH

Send a message via AIM to DKH
Quote:
Thanks, Alan. Very nice of you to say.

Will KoKo be a difference-maker tonight? 0-0 late in gold medal game, with Andrey Makarov with 50 saves...quite the surprise thus far.

He's Saskatoon's goalie. The Blades have had some good luck with Russians over the years. Anton Khudobin once made 80 saves in a 4-OT 4-3 loss to Medicine Hat in 2006 WHL playoffs.
Kirk, liked those two Sweden D-men Klefbom and Brodin; and Gormley looked great. Where does Dougie stack up if you had all on the board?

Old
01-05-2012, 10:29 PM
Kirk- NEHJ

Brodin taken 1 spot after Dougie- less a physical specimen and more cerebral, puck-mover. Quiet as a mouse off the ice, but smart dude- you can tell just by talking to him. He's going to be the perennial PP QB who will do things most guys can only dream about, but isn't dynamic or overly noticeable unless you know precisely what to look for.

Klefbom a wild colt- more power and attack in his game. Not a great skater, but getting better- more powerful than fast. Cannon for a shot, so he makes a nice combo with Brodin, his polar opposite on-and-off the ice. Gregarious and confident like a rock star.

Gormley a good defenseman- going to be solid 2-way guy, not sure about the scoring upside with him in NHL, but he's going to be solid, dependable guy who keeps things simple plays 15 years and w/ a letter on his jersey.

Dougie has highest offensive ceiling of all of them, IMO, but still very much a work in progress in terms of the complete game. Most people know enough to understand his potential, so not really going to go into it all that more.

Old
01-05-2012, 11:18 PM
UConn126
Bass Player.

Has it been pointed out the two of the OHL's top 15 point scorers are Bruins prospects? (Koko and Dougie)

Old
01-06-2012, 08:23 AM
Dom - OHL

Looks like the Spooner/Yakupov duo will have to wait.

Yakupov left the game with a knee injury last night and early indications are he will miss significant time.

Old
01-06-2012, 09:22 AM
Fire Julien

vCash: 1340
Quote:
Brodin taken 1 spot after Dougie- less a physical specimen and more cerebral, puck-mover. Quiet as a mouse off the ice, but smart dude- you can tell just by talking to him. He's going to be the perennial PP QB who will do things most guys can only dream about, but isn't dynamic or overly noticeable unless you know precisely what to look for.

Klefbom a wild colt- more power and attack in his game. Not a great skater, but getting better- more powerful than fast. Cannon for a shot, so he makes a nice combo with Brodin, his polar opposite on-and-off the ice. Gregarious and confident like a rock star.

Gormley a good defenseman- going to be solid 2-way guy, not sure about the scoring upside with him in NHL, but he's going to be solid, dependable guy who keeps things simple plays 15 years and w/ a letter on his jersey.

Dougie has highest offensive ceiling of all of them, IMO, but still very much a work in progress in terms of the complete game. Most people know enough to understand his potential, so not really going to go into it all that more.
What did you think of Beaulieu, who was one of the favorites around here last June for some reason ? I don't see him ever amount to anything in the NHL as he doesn't have top-end skills in anything.

Old
01-06-2012, 06:56 PM
SegzKnightlySpoons

Spooner off to a good start with the Sting, 1 goal and 1 assist after the first period.

Edit- 2 goals and 1 assist now.

Last edited by SegzKnightlySpoons: 01-06-2012 at 07:54 PM.
Old
01-06-2012, 08:48 PM
Gator Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by SegzKnightlySpoons View Post
Spooner off to a good start with the Sting, 1 goal and 1 assist after the first period.

Edit- 2 goals and 1 assist now.
Sarnia wins 4-0. Spooner named #1 star.

Old
01-06-2012, 08:50 PM
Shaun
beauty

vCash: 50
How high would Spooner have gone if he didn't have the collarbone injury (I think?) in his draft year?

Closed Thread