HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

3 Stars & GBR: Game 37 / 2012 Winter Classic @ Philadelphia Flyers

View Poll Results: 3 Stars?
Artem Anisimov 4 1.60%
Brian Boyle 8 3.20%
Ryan Callahan 17 6.80%
Michael Del Zotto 4 1.60%
Brandon Dubinsky 26 10.40%
Marian Gaborik 7 2.80%
Dan Girardi 18 7.20%
Carl Hagelin 11 4.40%
Henrik Lundqvist 228 91.20%
Ryan McDonagh 15 6.00%
Brad Richards 125 50.00%
Mike Rupp 232 92.80%
Marc Staal 11 4.40%
Derek Stepan 3 1.20%
Other 11 4.40%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 250. You may not vote on this poll

Old
01-02-2012, 07:17 PM
Loffen
Cup mode: ON

vCash: 500
Rupp's 2 goals:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MhLTi-oi7Lo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZg1lXnthqw

Richards GWG:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=05m-2p12i6Q

Lundy stones Briere:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VlL_kDIJ5oM

Loffen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2012, 07:18 PM
gluvhand

Hey guys. What's the rule on covering the puck in the crease? Is it if the puck is covered in anyway or does it have to be a closed hand to be a penalty? I thought it was if the puck was covered in anyway while in the crease.

gluvhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2012, 07:19 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 1045
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Boyler87 View Post
Jagr used to be the answer to that. He may have been better at it if the ice were better.
You know what though, we had 2 breakaways and a penalty shot regardless. However, we've run into other trap teams with major problems when when Jagr has played. That line has been the best against the Rangers (not sure who are and are not numbers geeks here, but Hartnell/Giroux/Jagr have had greatly positive Corsi ratings against the Rangers), but we enough talent and speed to be more than a one-line team.

Plus there is a reason why your huge-contract goalie was on the ice and ours was doing the same thing I (and your all) were doing. Both of Rupp's goals were weak, but he had the right idea just putting the puck on net. As far as "goons" who can play, I'd say he's only behind Shawn Thornton. Wish he was on my team.

Stop Feeding the Rumor-Monger

"I wonder if Norstrom has Forsberg's spleen mounted on his wall." - KINGS17

My 50 Favorite Albums of 2014 (sorry it's late)
GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2012, 07:23 PM
McDonagh
Slow it down 30GHz

Next big game circled on my calendar is the 21st vs the Bruins.

McDonagh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2012, 07:24 PM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKJ View Post
You know what though, we had 2 breakaways and a penalty shot regardless. However, we've run into other trap teams with major problems when when Jagr has played. That line has been the best against the Rangers (not sure who are and are not numbers geeks here, but Hartnell/Giroux/Jagr have had greatly positive Corsi ratings against the Rangers), but we enough talent and speed to be more than a one-line team.

Plus there is a reason why your huge-contract goalie was on the ice and ours was doing the same thing I (and your all) were doing. Both of Rupp's goals were weak, but he had the right idea just putting the puck on net. As far as "goons" who can play, I'd say he's only behind Shawn Thornton. Wish he was on my team.
Yeah I hope that "type" of goon starts to catch on. George Parros is another decent example as well.

I think you may be seeing the growing pains with the young centers the Flyers have right now. Since the Center is normally the player carrying the puck, seeing a trap is confusing.

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2012, 07:24 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

Oh, and Rangers fans were loud and proud, with good reason obviously. A fair numbers around where I sat. I didn't have a good view of Briere's penalty shot, when people around me cheered, I thought it was in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Boyler87 View Post
I think you may be seeing the growing pains with the young centers the Flyers have right now. Since the Center is normally the player carrying the puck, seeing a trap is confusing.
I think I'm more aware of that than the rest of this town wants to believe. So much to the point that I've been willing to punt the whole season (which is why I wanted this game even more). Flyers trade their 2 best defensive centers and sign a goaltender to an outrageous contract. They may be good changes (or may not be), but I just didn't think the Flyers could be legitimate Cup contenders given so many changes. Losing Pronger didn't help matters.

Old
01-02-2012, 07:29 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

vCash: 50
Awards:
I had to miss the third period to have dinner with my brother in law, but just finished watching it. ****ing awesome.

Also, Hartnell is a such a *****. Seriously, **** him.

It's just pain.
nyr2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2012, 07:29 PM
Muh
Beadle

Amazing game today, nothing better then Lundqvist saving that penalty shot. Yahoo also had some great pictures, gonna search the other sites for some good ones.

Muh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2012, 07:31 PM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKJ View Post

GKJ, while I appreciate the kind words, the Rangers are generally a hard forechecking team with two men deep almost all the time. On the bad ice, especially with the lead in the third, they trapped today, but it's a misnomer to call them a "trap team."

BrooklynRangersFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2012, 07:31 PM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Did Ian Walsh have a bet on the game? The BS delay of game call on McDonagh. The non call on Gaborik. The Flyer defender(Meszaros?)pitchforked out Gaborik. The call on Callahan. Even the penalty shot. McDonagh didn't cover the puck in the crease. Walsh was involved except for maybe the Gaborik play in most of those calls. There was Tim Donaghy in the NBA. Who knows if there is a NHL ref with gambling issues?

These Flyers are a bunch of babies

Quote:
"He's probably got the same amount of goals as Jags, right?" Flyers defenseman Braydon Coburn said after seeing Rupp score his second and third goals of the season in New York's 3-2 win.

"So he can do a salute? I don't care. It is what it is. He got the last laugh because he got two goals."
Quote:
"I don't know if (the salute) is something that was premeditated on his part or what," Coburn said. "They won the game and he got two goals, so what can you say? We've got a rivalry brewing with these guys. There's some bad blood now."
http://www.csnwashington.com/blog/ca...2&feedID=10376

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2012, 07:32 PM
Elvis Presley
Aka #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stepan Up View Post
Next big game circled on my calendar is the 21st vs the Bruins.
This.

I can't wait! FL might be interesting Thurs, but our first game against BOS is gonna be a real test IMO.

Elvis Presley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2012, 07:32 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Torts is growing on me.

Old
01-02-2012, 07:34 PM
we want cup
Ants in the Pants

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
Torts is growing on me.
Well now I've heard everything.

RANGERS =
we want cup is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2012, 07:34 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by we want cup View Post
Well now I've heard everything.
If he keeps the team playing as hard as they do, I can find no fault. I always see the effort with this group.

Old
01-02-2012, 07:35 PM
Dorado*

Henke baited Briere 5 hole and he took it an shut it down . Beside being a super competitor and never giving up on q play Henke is one cerebral , ice water in his veins cat . He's challenging shooters more , still near impossible to beat down low but looks to be staying a little taller lately . When Henke gets in one of his funks ( rare ) he tends to be down and leaning too forward early and susceptible to shortys.
Henke is $$$$

Dorado* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2012, 07:36 PM
mike14

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
Hockey players in general seem to be babies. How do they end up caring about stuff like this?

mike14 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2012, 07:38 PM
Emptyvoid

Quote:
Torts is growing on me.
Hehe welcome to the dark side .

But seriously, I definitely understood your initial dislike of Torts the past two years, but I personally feel he has come a long way as a coach and has developed into a better one.

What he has done with our youth and defense is great. The fact he gets so much out of his players and does such a good job of getting them to buy into the system.

Emptyvoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2012, 07:39 PM
skroob**

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
Did Ian Walsh have a bet on the game? The BS delay of game call on McDonagh. The non call on Gaborik. The Flyer defender(Meszaros?)pitchforked out Gaborik. The call on Callahan. Even the penalty shot. McDonagh didn't cover the puck in the crease. Walsh was involved except for maybe the Gaborik play in most of those calls. There was Tim Donaghy in the NBA. Who knows if there is a NHL ref with gambling issues?
No need for financial incentive. He's a filly native and was a huge flyer fan growing up.

skroob** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2012, 07:39 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Hope we **** on the Flyers (and the Lightning, too) and give them something to cry about.

BlueshirtBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2012, 07:41 PM
OverTheCap

Coburn is acting like this is a new rivalry or something. These teams have hated each other for years, noob.

OverTheCap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2012, 07:41 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by RussianRangersFan View Post
Hehe welcome to the dark side .

But seriously, I definitely understood your initial dislike of Torts the past two years, but I personally feel he has come a long way as a coach and has developed into a better one.

What he has done with our youth and defense is great. The fact he gets so much out of his players and does such a good job of getting them to buy into the system.
All true. I also appreciate how he sticks up for the team and his players. The team really has a "familial" approach, with Torts as the protective papa. I like it.

Old
01-02-2012, 07:44 PM
IBleedNYRBlue

Quote:
Torts is growing on me.
Just watch his presser if you didn't already and you'll like him even more.

At this point, Torts has just been outstanding. Got the players to buy into his system and it's really showing. Nothing but praise for him.

IBleedNYRBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2012, 07:46 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynRangersFan View Post
GKJ, while I appreciate the kind words, the Rangers are generally a hard forechecking team with two men deep almost all the time. On the bad ice, especially with the lead in the third, they trapped today, but it's a misnomer to call them a "trap team."
Granted, I use the term too blanketed/oversimplified. That word ruffles some feathers sometimes

Regardless, the Rangers have been all over the neutral zone in all 3 games when they've had the lead, and win the neutral zone handily each time.

Personally, I think the Rangers are the only team who can beat the Bruins in a 7-game series honestly, as it stands.

Old
01-02-2012, 07:47 PM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

Rule 63.5 paragraph 3

http://www.nhl.com/ice/page.htm?id=26355

However, the call on McDonagh for delay of game was an imbecile call. He got pushed and fell backward over Lundqvist into the goal.

The Callahan call was awful.

And the non call on the hook when Gaborik had a breakaway was ********.

63.5 paragraph 1

http://www.nhl.com/ice/page.htm?id=26355

EDIT:
For the record, the puck was lost in the scramble. The refs clearly lost sight of the puck. They can't call a penalty shot at that point.

The Rangers player didn't "cover the puck" as much as he slid to stop it from crossing the goal line.

There should NOT have been a penalty shot called.

Last edited by SupersonicMonkey*: 01-02-2012 at 07:53 PM.
SupersonicMonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2012, 07:48 PM
Whoot Whoot
Biased-NYR-Homer

I dont know about anyone else but I have been able to accomplish nothing else today.

Whoot Whoot is offline   Reply With Quote