HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

(+ Suspension Report) Daniel Carcillo

Old
01-05-2012, 01:02 AM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

vCash: 500
suspension is OK, because hits like that are stupid and lead to injuries. That said, no intend to injure and all he did wrong was the timing... 7 games is too much.

Torres got 2500$ and 2 games for 2 clear headshots that cause concussions. This is a joke

Quote:
His suspension begins after he is cleared (health wise) to play.
why? he could play... after his suspension he has a set back at practice and will be placed on LTIR with a lower body

Bubba88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2012, 01:11 AM
Tokked13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba88 View Post
suspension is OK, because hits like that are stupid and lead to injuries. That said, no intend to injure and all he did wrong was the timing... 7 games is too much.

Torres got 2500$ and 2 games for 2 clear headshots that cause concussions. This is a joke

why? he could play... after his suspension he has a set back at practice and will be placed on LTIR with a lower body
I don't think 7 is too much. If you watch the video he had absolutely no intention to retrieving the puck. (Which was loose at the time) Love the energy he plays with but he really needs to change the way he plays like Cooke has done for Pitts this year.

Tokked13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2012, 01:19 AM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

but outside of no puck and near the boards, everything was clean.

Clean hit with bad timing cause he is stupid.
Interference was the call... and a few games for his stupidity. Now go back to Torres and tell me again that 7 games isn't too much

Old
01-05-2012, 04:02 AM
DisgruntledHawkFan

Send a message via ICQ to DisgruntledHawkFan
Any check that violently throws a player into the boards is considered boarding.

DisgruntledHawkFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2012, 07:15 AM
BobbyJet
HFB Partner

Ridiculous ruling.. solely on reputation. Body checking is being forced out of this game if players:

1/ are afraid to throw a hard check
And
2/ arenít afraid to leave themselves vulnerable. Gilbert was stupid to allow himself to be in the position he was in, and that is happening more and more it seems, often to draw penalties.

I suppose the good news is that a few prospects may get a decent chance to prove they can play here.

Iím not going to say anything more on this but if anyone can post Shannyís explanation for the 7 games, please post it. I need a laugh.

BobbyJet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2012, 07:42 AM
madgoat33

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyJet View Post
Ridiculous ruling.. solely on reputation. Body checking is being forced out of this game if players:

And
2/ arenít afraid to leave themselves vulnerable. Gilbert was stupid to allow himself to be in the position he was in, and that is happening more and more it seems, often to draw penalties.

I suppose the good news is that a few prospects may get a decent chance to prove they can play here.

Iím not going to say anything more on this but if anyone can post Shannyís explanation for the 7 games, please post it. I need a laugh.
I think you need to watch the video again. This was not a body check. This was a two armed shove to the back/side of a player who didn't even have the puck...

I still love how Scott just immediately tells eager to **** off.

madgoat33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2012, 08:08 AM
BobbyJet
HFB Partner

Since Shanny took over, I’ve been pretty much on board with his decisions until now. Let’s break down his explanation shall we:

"Not only does Carcillo not minimize contact, he hits Gilbert into the boards with tremendous force,"

THIS IS NOT RINGETTE SHANNY BUT GRANTED IT COULD HAVE BEEN RULED A BOARDING PENALTY

"This is not a case of two players bumping each other for position and one player winning that battle"
THAT’S EXACTLY WHAT IT WAS. NEITHER PLAYER WENT TOWARD THE PUCK…. IF GILBERT WANTED THE PUCK HE COULD EASILY HAVE GOT THERE. AND NOT HAVE SKATED PARALLEL TO THE BOARDS … BOTH PLAYERS WENT FOR THE OTHER

Nor is it a play in which Gilbert loses balance after initiating a reverse hit.
GILBERT KNEW THE HIT WAS COMING AND TRIED TO COUNTER IT … AND LOST. SIMPLE AS THAT.

If reputation comes into play that much, perhaps 1 - 3 games at most.

BobbyJet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2012, 08:12 AM
madgoat33

once again, that's not a hit. That's a shove.

Old
01-05-2012, 08:27 AM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

But it wasn't intend to injure, not blindside, nothing. It was stupid timing and no puck.

7 games is too much and only because of reputation. Again, tell me how Torres only got 2500$ and 2 games

Old
01-05-2012, 09:55 AM
budleydudley

Quote:
Originally Posted by brtriad View Post
Seven games? Am I the only one who thought that wasn't a bad hit? If the defender lays out Carcillo when going into the boards, its a great play. When Carcillo wins the battle, he's a disgrace to hockey.
I'd say Carcillo is the disgrace to hockey. Sixth suspension for him, right.? What did you expect?

budleydudley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2012, 09:58 AM
CPHawksFan
That's Hockey Baby!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba88 View Post
but outside of no puck and near the boards, everything was clean.

Clean hit with bad timing cause he is stupid.
Interference was the call... and a few games for his stupidity. Now go back to Torres and tell me again that 7 games isn't too much
More like 2 games for Torres isn't enough IMO. He has a history of suspensions also.

CPHawksFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2012, 10:05 AM
Blackhawkswincup
Tornado Warning

vCash: 302
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyJet View Post

And
2/ aren’t afraid to leave themselves vulnerable. Gilbert was stupid to allow himself to be in the position he was in, and that is happening more and more it seems, often to draw penalties.

I’m not going to say anything more on this but if anyone can post Shanny’s explanation for the 7 games, please post it. I need a laugh.
Carcillo made no play on puck infact he slowed down to get behind Gilbert to launch him into boards. Gilbert was going to play puck he didn't put himself in any vulnerable position ,, He was making a hockey play

Carcillo's boarding was attempt to injure and is not a hockey play

Blackhawkswincup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2012, 10:13 AM
madgoat33

I don't see why anyone cares anyway. Carcillo got progressively worse at hockey and more stupid as the season wore on. I for one am not going to miss him. Mayers>>>>>>>>Carcillo

Old
01-05-2012, 10:17 AM
Illinihockey

Wish we would have gone after Rupp instead of Carcillo

Illinihockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2012, 10:19 AM
madgoat33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illinihockey View Post
Wish we would have gone after Rupp instead of Carcillo
yea, at first, I was eating crow about carcillo since he was actually playing well, then the real carcillo came out. Carcillo was a swing and miss.

Old
01-05-2012, 10:51 AM
DisgruntledHawkFan

Send a message via ICQ to DisgruntledHawkFan
Carcillo was having a good game until he went moron on Gilbert. As is almost always the case around here, the truth is in the shades of grey.

He's a talented fourth liner that plays over the edge and is prone to stupid penalties. Signing him without expecting him to take a few stupid penalties says more about management than Carcillo. I'd be very surprised if a player goes from getting top six minutes to out of the organization as some have suggested. He'll be back, play well for a handful of games, and then do something stupid.

Seven games is nuts. Total reputation call. Bourque's elbow was much more flagrant and coming two weeks after a very dirty hit on Seabrook.

DisgruntledHawkFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2012, 11:10 AM
Illinihockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisgruntledHawkFan View Post
Carcillo was having a good game until he went moron on Gilbert. As is almost always the case around here, the truth is in the shades of grey.

He's a talented fourth liner that plays over the edge and is prone to stupid penalties. Signing him without expecting him to take a few stupid penalties says more about management than Carcillo. I'd be very surprised if a player goes from getting top six minutes to out of the organization as some have suggested. He'll be back, play well for a handful of games, and then do something stupid.

Seven games is nuts. Total reputation call. Bourque's elbow was much more flagrant and coming two weeks after a very dirty hit on Seabrook.
I think people think he won't be back because if that was an ACL injury there's no way he'll be healthy in time.

Illinihockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2012, 11:56 AM
topnotch

I don't mind the suspension to Carcillo. He deserved it for a stupid reckless hit. What I don't understand is how Bourque only gets 5 games for what was a blatant and intentional hit to the head. That play was outright gutless and whatever Carcillo recevied Bourque should have also.

topnotch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2012, 05:35 PM
Trapper2530

Quote:
Originally Posted by brtriad View Post
Seven games? Am I the only one who thought that wasn't a bad hit? If the defender lays out Carcillo when going into the boards, its a great play. When Carcillo wins the battle, he's a disgrace to hockey.
i didnt think it was that bad of a hit not for your reasons but because they were both going for the puck and if carcillo timed his hit a little better and gilbert was already off balance 1 second later gilbert has the puck and gilbert doesnt lose his balance he get pushed into the board braces himself and it doesnt look as bad

not saying the play was clean timing and balance played a factor in it deserved a suspension i was figuring 5-7

Trapper2530 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2012, 06:03 PM
leotroy82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
Carcillo made no play on puck infact he slowed down to get behind Gilbert to launch him into boards. Gilbert was going to play puck he didn't put himself in any vulnerable position ,, He was making a hockey play

Carcillo's boarding was attempt to injure and is not a hockey play
this ..all that need be said

leotroy82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2012, 07:30 AM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

Quote:
Originally Posted by leotroy82 View Post
this ..all that need be said
no, because this
Quote:
Carcillo's boarding was attempt to injure
is wrong

Old
01-13-2012, 04:21 PM
Adrian05

Probably Carcillo out for the season for ACL surgery

Adrian05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2012, 04:25 PM
Recoil

Several sources are confirming it. Its his ACL, he's done. Having surgery on January 17th...

Recoil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2012, 04:26 PM
Adrian05

Yes, Tim Sassone confirms - He will have surgery Jan. 17. and need six months of rehab

Adrian05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2012, 04:48 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Tornado Warning

vCash: 302
Good chance IMO this is end of Daniel Carcillo era in Chicago

Blackhawkswincup is offline   Reply With Quote