HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Around the NHL Part XXIII

Closed Thread

Old
01-07-2012, 08:17 PM
darko

vCash: 500
Pens about to lose again. If Leafs beat Detroit (up 4-3), Pens will be 8th in East.

Old
01-07-2012, 08:28 PM
SnowblindNYR

Quote:
Originally Posted by darko View Post
Pens about to lose again. If Leafs beat Detroit (up 4-3), Pens will be 8th in East.
Imagine if the Pens end up 8th and have Crosby come back for the playoffs. A team that worked hard to get the #1 seed all season will get a Crosby led Pens team in the first round.

Old
01-07-2012, 08:37 PM
charlie460
Stone Age Hockey

Leafs barely held on there, detroit was bringing it hard...

Old
01-07-2012, 08:39 PM
darko

Caps still to play tonight. Win by Caps means Pens would be 9th lol.

Old
01-07-2012, 08:39 PM
SnowblindNYR

So with the Bruins loss, no team if they win all of their games in hand can catch the Rangers.

Old
01-07-2012, 08:54 PM
darko

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlie460 View Post
Leafs barely held on there, detroit was bringing it hard...

Wings outshot Leafs 30-8 in 2nd and 3rd periods. 40-18 in total.

Old
01-07-2012, 09:13 PM
Blue Regime

After the Bruins/Nucks game today, dam Vancouver is a bunch of *******. During the line brawl Sedin gently pushed Thornton while it was a 5v1 mugging, then went to the bench. LOL

Old
01-07-2012, 09:35 PM
FutureGM97

Send a message via AIM to FutureGM97
Shane Doan scored with .1 seconds left to record first career hat trick vs Islanders...a #19 scoring with .1 seconds left in PHX? Sounds familiar...

Love Doaner tho...congrats to him for getting the monkey off his back. 40th time he scored 2 goals in a game and finally gets the third.

Old
01-07-2012, 09:37 PM
SnowblindNYR

The Penguins in the last 2 games have put up 70 shots on goal and have 2 goals to show for it. They weren't this bad offensively last year with no Malkin.

Old
01-07-2012, 09:50 PM
CM PUNK

Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureGM97 View Post
Shane Doan scored with .1 seconds left to record first career hat trick vs Islanders...a #19 scoring with .1 seconds left in PHX? Sounds familiar...

Love Doaner tho...congrats to him for getting the monkey off his back. 40th time he scored 2 goals in a game and finally gets the third.
That's almost unbelievable that he never had a hattrick before. A guy that's been good for that long I was shocked to see that was his 1st

Old
01-07-2012, 10:06 PM
GWOW
Two Pucks, One Cup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kershaw View Post
Because of one game where they lost by one goal and dominated 5-on-5?
No, because they are now 4-5 against the top teams in the NHL.

Chicago, Philly, Pittsburgh, Detroit, Vancouver (Division Leader), Florida (Division Leader), San Jose (Division Leader)

In fact, it's 4-6 because they also lost to Dallas when Dallas was leading the Division.

I know the Devils are ahead of the Pens in the standings but the Devils are not a top team by any stretch of the imagination, and I think nobody on here will argue that.

Old
01-07-2012, 11:13 PM
ProstheticConscience
Seeing is believing

vCash: 883
Just stopping by with a quick favour to ask:

Could the Rangers please kill the Bruins in every game they play?

Please and thank-you.

Lundqvist > Thomas.

Old
01-07-2012, 11:17 PM
bobbop
Henrik's Pop

Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureGM97 View Post

Just home from the game...unbelieveable scene at the arena. Of course everyone knows that Shane had never had a hat trick so in the third period the Coyotes kept him on the ice and the building went crazy every time he touched the puck. The atmosphere was like the 7th game of the playoffs. He whiffed on a wide open net with about 5 minutes to go. When he finally scored, the red light went on but the goal had to survive video review. Yandle was actiually the first to signal "good goal".

Was actually his 39th two goal game. Same number of two goal games prior to hat trick as Petr Sykora.

Old
01-07-2012, 11:41 PM
bobbop
Henrik's Pop

Watching the Islanders tonight was an interesting exercise. A nice group of young forwards, although perhaps a bit overrated, but not one defenseman on their team who would play regularly for the Rangers. So often, we read about the Rangers lacking "elite talent". Well, they may lack an "elite scorer" but I don't see any team in the league with better talent and depth on defense than the Rangers. If we can keep this back end together and healthy, the Rangers will be an elite team for years to come.

Old
01-07-2012, 11:43 PM
Kershaw

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProstheticConscience View Post
Just stopping by with a quick favour to ask:

Could the Rangers please kill the Bruins in every game they play?

Please and thank-you.

Lundqvist > Thomas.
I have a fear that one of Chara, Horton or Marchand will end Gaborik's season.

Hopefully the team does not think the same way, they definitely have this circled on their calendar.

Old
01-07-2012, 11:45 PM
Machinehead
Brauch und Stolz

Congrats to Jarome Iginla on 500 goals. A modern day legend. Much respect

Old
01-08-2012, 12:48 AM
Brooklyn Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinehead View Post
Congrats to Jarome Iginla on 500 goals. A modern day legend. Much respect
Yes indeed! Great person and player. A well deserved

Old
01-08-2012, 12:58 AM
Zil

Quote:

Hopefully the team does not think the same way, they definitely have this circled on their calendar.
Why the hell would you think that? Seriously? Gaborik's countryman, Chara, who is so close to Gabby that he had him at his wedding, is going to intentionally end his season? The Bruins play rough and dirty, but get a grip. Think before you post this stuff.

Old
01-08-2012, 01:21 AM
NYRSchrute217

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbop View Post
Watching the Islanders tonight was an interesting exercise. A nice group of young forwards, although perhaps a bit overrated, but not one defenseman on their team who would play regularly for the Rangers. So often, we read about the Rangers lacking "elite talent". Well, they may lack an "elite scorer" but I don't see any team in the league with better talent and depth on defense than the Rangers. If we can keep this back end together and healthy, the Rangers will be an elite team for years to come.
Staal-Girardi
McDonagh-MDZ
Streit-Hamonic

Stralman and Bickel have been great so far, but come on.

Old
01-08-2012, 01:35 AM
Zil

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRSchrute217 View Post
Staal-Girardi
McDonagh-MDZ
Streit-Hamonic

Stralman and Bickel have been great so far, but come on.
Streit has been having a lousy year I think. Also, you forgot Sauer.

Staal - Girardi
McDonagh - Sauer
Del Zotto - Stralman/Eminger

Plus, next year we'll have Erixon.

Old
01-08-2012, 02:30 AM
Sticky Fingers

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz View Post
Seriously. Those guys get no respect, even though they dominate the league year in and year out.
No they don't, not from people with a membership at hockeyfights.com. Since both of em end up top 5isch in the point leauge every year, maybe someone else on the roster could do the fighting?

Old
01-08-2012, 03:41 AM
Ola

Quote:

A couple of things, I don't know what Boston will do. They have been gooning alot lately (definitely more then they did last season).

But historically, easily if you go back 20 years, the toughest team in the leauge will have not won anything. Why is that? I think its pretty simple. You get a rep as being bad, 29 other teams will be prepaired for it on a nightly basis. Even if you push them around, they might up their physical game 5-10%. And in the long run, 82 games per season year after year, that will lead to a ton of injuries. Just look at a team like Philly over the last 10 years. Haven't like almost every single one of their biggest names been hurt sooner or later? From Lindros to Primaue to Gagne to Pronger and many many others. Boston will have to be on their toes against Buffalo every game this season. And against Montreal. And so forth. Every time they play those teams, they will face their own fair share of cheap shots too. And that will wear and tear on them.

And anyone who remember those Ottawa-Toronto-Islanders series knows what I am talking about. Like Toronto/Ottawa played a heck of a series against each other, but whatever team won lost like 50% of their roster and was sent packing the round after.

I would actually be suprised if Boston would want to have that type of games in the regular season against us too. Like they can run Hank/Gabby if they want, but then we would be looking for casualities too. And while Boston looks unbeatable right now -- the teams with the most firepower in the east are struggling alot. Pittsburg. Washington. Tampa. And so forth. Boston has yet to play like a Pittsburg team fireing on all cylinders.

Old
01-08-2012, 07:31 AM
MorrisWanchuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowblindNYR View Post
So with the Bruins loss, no team if they win all of their games in hand can catch the Rangers.
The Rangers actually now have some wiggle room at the top of the NHL. Crazy to think how we are dominating right now.

Old
01-08-2012, 08:15 AM
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke

vCash: 373
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ola View Post
A couple of things, I don't know what Boston will do. They have been gooning alot lately (definitely more then they did last season).

But historically, easily if you go back 20 years, the toughest team in the leauge will have not won anything. Why is that? I think its pretty simple. You get a rep as being bad, 29 other teams will be prepaired for it on a nightly basis. Even if you push them around, they might up their physical game 5-10%. And in the long run, 82 games per season year after year, that will lead to a ton of injuries. Just look at a team like Philly over the last 10 years. Haven't like almost every single one of their biggest names been hurt sooner or later? From Lindros to Primaue to Gagne to Pronger and many many others. Boston will have to be on their toes against Buffalo every game this season. And against Montreal. And so forth. Every time they play those teams, they will face their own fair share of cheap shots too. And that will wear and tear on them.

And anyone who remember those Ottawa-Toronto-Islanders series knows what I am talking about. Like Toronto/Ottawa played a heck of a series against each other, but whatever team won lost like 50% of their roster and was sent packing the round after.

I would actually be suprised if Boston would want to have that type of games in the regular season against us too. Like they can run Hank/Gabby if they want, but then we would be looking for casualities too. And while Boston looks unbeatable right now -- the teams with the most firepower in the east are struggling alot. Pittsburg. Washington. Tampa. And so forth. Boston has yet to play like a Pittsburg team fireing on all cylinders.
I agree it's a tough style to keep up, but the year Anaheim won the cup they were a goon squad.

Old
01-08-2012, 08:45 AM
jniklast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zil View Post
Streit has been having a lousy year I think. Also, you forgot Sauer.

Staal - Girardi
McDonagh - Sauer
Del Zotto - Stralman/Eminger

Plus, next year we'll have Erixon.
Even with Streit struggling, both him and Hamonic are better than Stralman or Eminger. Only one of them would make it though and I think I'd pick Streit since he could hekp our PP and we have enough shutdown guys.

Closed Thread