HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Ryan Nugent Hopkins: Returns Today vs. Phoenix!

Old
02-01-2012, 03:41 AM
RipsADrive
Draft Dynasty

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanbryoil View Post
IMO Sutton is a huge upgrade on Peckham. Peckham can't move the puck very well and he seems to be playing neutered. I don't doubt that Sutton is on the block as he will be a coveted commodity by teams looking to make a push, however I wonder if a 3rd round pick is enough to move him for?
Also Peckham doesn't have the same sick toedrags that Sutton pulls off.

RipsADrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2012, 03:44 AM
Bryanbryoil
Bozo Buddies

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RipsADrive View Post
Also Peckham doesn't have the same sick toedrags that Sutton pulls off.
I could live with last year's Peckham, the one that would battle hard and crush guys, this version of Peckham is pretty well useless.

02-01-2012, 03:49 AM
RipsADrive
Draft Dynasty

Quote:
I could live with last year's Peckham, the one that would battle hard and crush guys, this version of Peckham is pretty well useless.
For sure. I'm not sure where the timidity came from because I distinctly remember him taking runs at opposing forwards and wrecking them if he felt they had their heads down last year.

It made other players be aware and worried about him when he was on the ice which ultimately benefited the team.

RipsADrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2012, 04:04 AM
Bryanbryoil
Bozo Buddies

Quote:
For sure. I'm not sure where the timidity came from because I distinctly remember him taking runs at opposing forwards and wrecking them if he felt they had their heads down last year.

It made other players be aware and worried about him when he was on the ice which ultimately benefited the team.
I'm wondering if it came from losing the fight to Horton and later to Reaves? The guy has to play physical to make up for his lack of speed and passing IMO.

Bryanbryoil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2012, 04:23 AM
Daneo21

Quote:

Must've come from the new NHL where you can't hit anyone anymore without getting a suspension

The whole league has gone down in hits this year... mostly cuz guys are more cautious with hitting now a days

Daneo21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2012, 09:44 AM
joestevens29

Quote:
IMO Sutton is a huge upgrade on Peckham. Peckham can't move the puck very well and he seems to be playing neutered. I don't doubt that Sutton is on the block as he will be a coveted commodity by teams looking to make a push, however I wonder if a 3rd round pick is enough to move him for?
I agree with you, but I'm just throwing it out there. Going to be fairly packed if we get Barker and Gilbert back. Does this team go with 8 men down the stretch?

joestevens29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2012, 03:58 PM
oiler-dude

Surprised this hasn't been mentioned yet.

RNH took Renney's drop-off test today, and apparently very little dropoff (impressive for missing 4 1/2 weeks). Both RNH and Barker are possible for tomorrow, but Renney wants to be cautious.

My guess is we see both Saturday.

oiler-dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2012, 04:09 PM
Section337

Quote:
Originally Posted by oiler-dude View Post

RNH took Renney's drop-off test today, and apparently very little dropoff (impressive for missing 4 1/2 weeks). Both RNH and Barker are possible for tomorrow, but Renney wants to be cautious.

5 points in 3 games also helps a coach to allow caution to win out.

Section337 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2012, 07:37 PM
syz
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Quote:

It came from goals against every time he tried to step up on somebody at either blue line (and missed) this season.

syz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2012, 07:54 PM
awesomo
HARD!

i thought he was out for the season

no news is bad news right?

awesomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2012, 09:44 PM
MinnesotaFats

Quote:
Originally Posted by oiler-dude View Post

Yup. Should see RNH Thursday or Saturday (who cares about Barker though?!). Here is the video if anyone is interested:

http://watch.tsn.ca/featured/#clip611496

MinnesotaFats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2012, 02:34 PM
Psychoil

Dan tencer is tweeting that RNH and Barker are not playing tonight, even though RNH has been cleared.

Anyone else frustrated with this? I wanted to see the Nuge tonight and he's 100% but this cautionary stuff is BS, I thought we were trying to win hockey games

Psychoil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2012, 02:38 PM
Eytinge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psychoil View Post
Dan tencer is tweeting that RNH and Barker are not playing tonight, even though RNH has been cleared.

Anyone else frustrated with this? I wanted to see the Nuge tonight and he's 100% but this cautionary stuff is BS, I thought we were trying to win hockey games
I'd rather give him a few extra days off, we need to be extra cautious with RNH, Hall and Eberle when it comes to injuries. Not like we're going for the playoffs anyway.

Eytinge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2012, 02:38 PM
nabob
Hall for captain

Quote:

"You're damned if you do and damned if you dont."

nabob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2012, 02:50 PM
awesomo
HARD!

Quote:

I thought the oilers shouldn't rush players....

Cleared? Are you sure its trust worthy

awesomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2012, 02:58 PM
oiler-dude

Quote:

Cleared to play does not equate to 100%. I don't mind them being cautious. We don't need another Hemsky's shoulder on the team, least of all with Nuge.

Old
Psychoil

Lol yah yah, it just sucks being teased with RNH 100% but can't play! Its like a kid before Christmas! He knows what his parents got him but he can't open it till Saturday

Psychoil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Reimer
Tambo Troll Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by awesomo View Post
I thought the oilers shouldn't rush players....

Cleared? Are you sure its trust worthy
Yeah man he passed Renney's "U-test" whatever in the flying **** that is.

Reimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2012, 03:01 PM
oiler-dude

Quote:
Lol yah yah, it just sucks being teased with RNH 100% but can't play! Its like a kid before Christmas! He knows what his parents got him but he can't open it till Saturday
Yeah, I definitely understand the frustration. I've bought quite a few tickets this year, and it can be annoying not to see the best.

Lucky for me, I have tickets Saturday.

Old
02-02-2012, 03:05 PM
joestevens29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reimer View Post
Yeah man he passed Renney's "U-test" whatever in the flying **** that is.
Renney has money on the game

joestevens29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2012, 04:15 PM
no doubt about it

Quote:
Looking forward to have RNH come back. For a minute I thought I opened the wrong thread . I thought it was the Teddy Peckham and Gilbert thread. Good to see it started to get back between the lines. I was looking at the lines tonite and I really don't see what you would call a first line. More like a 2 and a 2 A line. With RNH back you could say they have a real first line. He will make any teams first or second line better. This is coming from a RNH doubter. I thought he was too small and was a bit concerned about the banging he would take. Let's hope for a good solid finish.

no doubt about it is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2012, 05:04 PM
Beerfish

I'll believe it when I see him after the drop of the puck...not in the warmup where danger awaits but after the 1st faceoff.

Beerfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2012, 05:23 PM
Hemsky4PM

I'm glad to see them give the Nuge a solid rest to recoupe. No issues at all.

Hopefully he can come back and get all of his rookie bonuses though...that's one where the agent and player might be a bit miffed...he's still well on pace to get all of his bonuses though (including for the Calder).

Hemsky4PM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2012, 07:21 PM
Stoneman89

Quote:

So we can make that playoff spot, right?

Stoneman89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2012, 07:22 PM
Moonlapse Vertigo
Katz n' MacT BFFs

They're cutting it really close for my brother's liking but it looks like he'll get to see Nugent-Hopkins play when the Oilers visit the Leafs.

Moonlapse Vertigo is offline   Reply With Quote