HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

v17| Lol Rasual Butler

Closed Thread

Old
02-05-2012, 12:19 PM
Nasty Nazem
The North Remembers

vCash: 500
Oh Johnson, nice strong finish.

Old
02-05-2012, 12:24 PM
Nasty Nazem
The North Remembers

Raps need to throw in some size. They're getting owned in the post.

Old
02-05-2012, 12:30 PM
91Kadri91

That was a fantastic move by DeMar.

Old
02-05-2012, 12:30 PM
91Kadri91

Good start for DeMar.

Old
02-05-2012, 12:32 PM
The Nemesis
Global Moderator
Semper Tyrannus

I never thought I'd say this, but this is a game where the Raptors miss Bargnani defensively. If Bargs were out there, he'd be quick enough to stay with Bosh (and let's face it, Bosh is probably one of the few scoring 4s in the league that's not nearly strong enough to overpower Andrea) and James Jonson could then shadow LeBron. Because the way things are right now, there's no way the Heat aren't going to abuse a LeBron/DeMar matchup.

Alternatively they could probably try Amir on Bosh, James on LeBron and then just whoever on Joel Anthony. Because if Joel Anthony manages to score enough to be a difference maker, you deserve to lose no matter who you have guarding him.

"Do you know what "nemesis" means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent."

Sorry, I am not taking signature requests at this time.
Old
02-05-2012, 12:38 PM
Habsfan18

DeMar with a strong 1st quarter..

02-05-2012, 12:46 PM
Giuseppe Sallo
ELE-VAT-ED

"Can you believe?" haha

Old
02-05-2012, 01:01 PM
The Nemesis
Global Moderator
Semper Tyrannus

man, DeMar just sliced through the entire Heat lineup.

Old
02-05-2012, 01:04 PM
Jaysfanatic*
BJ Elitist/Hipster

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nemesis View Post
man, DeMar just sliced through the entire Heat lineup.
Not like the Heat are good defenders, but that was SIIICK. They're hanging with Miami, that's kinda cool. They don't like playing against zone D

Old
02-05-2012, 01:09 PM
The Nemesis
Global Moderator
Semper Tyrannus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaysfanatic View Post
Not like the Heat are good defenders, but that was SIIICK. They're hanging with Miami, that's kinda cool. They don't like playing against zone D
It's a good thing the Heat suck or get too flashy on the break, because their ability to push the ball would really expose the Raptors reliance on the zone.

Still, hanging with Miami like this is pretty much all we could hope for.

Old
02-05-2012, 01:13 PM
Jaysfanatic*
BJ Elitist/Hipster

Quote:
It's a good thing the Heat suck or get too flashy on the break, because their ability to push the ball would really expose the Raptors reliance on the zone.

Still, hanging with Miami like this is pretty much all we could hope for.
I really, really want to beat them. I don't care about Boston and those guys, but beating Miami makes my life.

Old
02-05-2012, 01:49 PM
Jaysfanatic*
BJ Elitist/Hipster

Not hanging no more lol.

Old
02-05-2012, 02:16 PM
The Nemesis
Global Moderator
Semper Tyrannus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaysfanatic View Post
Not hanging no more lol.
5 point game now as Bayless sticks the huge 3.

Old
02-05-2012, 02:25 PM
The Nemesis
Global Moderator
Semper Tyrannus

2 straight strong games for DeRozan. Hopefully he'll play himself out of the early season funk and show that it was just a funk and not a herald of future suckage.

Old
02-05-2012, 02:38 PM
Jaysfanatic*
BJ Elitist/Hipster

Oh well, they lost. But it's OK.

They hung in there.

Old
02-05-2012, 02:50 PM
Hyperglide

Why was Bayless closing out the 4th? He's such a black hole. No offense what's so ever appears when he's in the game. He's just in it for himself and he's selfish. He can't find anyone open and he's such a ball hog. Pass the damn ball. He's like the Sergei Berezin of the Raptors.

Standing on the perimeter and killing the clock is not a good offense it's stagnant.

Old
02-05-2012, 03:58 PM
Nasty Nazem
The North Remembers

Quote:
2 straight strong games for DeRozan. Hopefully he'll play himself out of the early season funk and show that it was just a funk and not a herald of future suckage.
He really seems to get going once he starts going to the rim and getting to the FT line. Needs to do that more consistently.

Can't complain about the game though. Raps played a hard fought game and kept it close. Davis was pretty good too.

Old
02-05-2012, 04:38 PM
91Kadri91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyperglide View Post
Why was Bayless closing out the 4th? He's such a black hole. No offense what's so ever appears when he's in the game. He's just in it for himself and he's selfish. He can't find anyone open and he's such a ball hog. Pass the damn ball. He's like the Sergei Berezin of the Raptors.

Standing on the perimeter and killing the clock is not a good offense it's stagnant.
He's not much worse than Calderon, to be honest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaysfanatic
Sarcasm? The Heat's perimeter defense is fantastic. Chalmer, Wade, James, and Battier is a pretty darn good defensive core.

Sure, they're only middle-of-the-pack in terms of defensive statistics, but they do have the ability to shut another teams best player down when they want to.

Old
02-05-2012, 05:30 PM
The Nemesis
Global Moderator
Semper Tyrannus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nasty Nazem View Post
He really seems to get going once he starts going to the rim and getting to the FT line. Needs to do that more consistently.

Can't complain about the game though. Raps played a hard fought game and kept it close. Davis was pretty good too.
He was just plain aggressive too. He slashed through the D, challenged guys at the basket, and generally played a forceful interior game instead of dribbling 5 feet then putting up a jumper.

Old
02-05-2012, 07:37 PM
marquee

Quote:

He closed out the 4th because he was the sole reason the game was even close down the stretch. Jose himself usually dribbles out the entire clock and will make a hot potato pass...if his pick and roll game isn't working the offense has no ball movement when Jose is out there.

Also there was absolutely no off ball movement late in the game and the heat would throw two defenders at bayless. he had a couple good feeds to kliza and amir and made some solid decisions the entire game. This was a good showing for him and he's always had the upside. His dribble penetration game is something we lacked for a while.

Old
02-05-2012, 07:46 PM
Habsfan18

Quote:

Bayless was one (if not the main) reason we were even IN the game down the stretch.

Old
02-05-2012, 08:07 PM
Habsfan18

Question for everyone:

With Bargnani and Valanciunas seemingly being our 4 & 5 of the future, would you be able to pass up the chance at drafting Anthony Davis this summer?

I know it'll be a deep draft, and there are many interesting options at different positions, but man I'd have a hard time passing this guy up..

The guy is a beast, plain and simple.

Old
02-05-2012, 08:25 PM
IBLeaf*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsfan18 View Post
Question for everyone:

With Bargnani and Valanciunas seemingly being our 4 & 5 of the future, would you be able to pass up the chance at drafting Anthony Davis this summer?

I know it'll be a deep draft, and there are many interesting options at different positions, but man I'd have a hard time passing this guy up..

Take BPA.

We can always trade Ed Davis and let Anthony Davis come off the bench to start.

Last edited by IBLeaf*: 02-05-2012 at 09:31 PM. Reason: grammar
Old
02-05-2012, 09:29 PM
Nasty Nazem
The North Remembers

Quote:
Question for everyone:

I've already said it before, I would. Best player available and Davis is someone with superstar potential. You can't say that about pretty much any other player in this draft and if Raps can potentially get a franchise player, they should. I don't care if there is not enough room for him right now, you make room for him.

Old
02-05-2012, 09:32 PM
91Kadri91

Quote:
Question for everyone:

Not a chance.

Davis is, unquestionably, the best player available.

He plays the best defense in the entire NCAA, and his offense is ridiculously efficient.

Closed Thread