HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

v17| Lol Rasual Butler

Closed Thread

Old
02-08-2012, 07:29 PM
Nasty Nazem
Come at me Crow!

vCash: 500
When it rains, it pours. Go DeMar!

Old
02-08-2012, 07:35 PM
Nasty Nazem
Come at me Crow!

OMG James Johnson. Wow. That was kind of like Lebron James.

Old
02-08-2012, 07:37 PM
The Nemesis
Global Moderator
Semper Tyrannus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nasty Nazem View Post
It's a very small sample size to suggest playing at SF has somehow improved him.

And wouldn't bigger stronger players guarding him make it even harder to score?
agree that yes, it's a small sample size. But it's an encouraging small sample size.

It's possible also that he can exploit a quickness advantage over the bigger players at forward than he can as a guard.

"Do you know what "nemesis" means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent."
Sometimes I use Twitter: @Nemesis_HF
Sorry, I am not taking signature requests at this time.
Old
02-08-2012, 07:51 PM
The Nemesis
Global Moderator
Semper Tyrannus

I don't care if you hit that 3 Butler, you're still useless.

Old
02-08-2012, 07:59 PM
The Nemesis
Global Moderator
Semper Tyrannus

Kleiza don't take no **** from nobody.

Old
02-08-2012, 08:12 PM
cloak

bayless has to learn some personal management or he'll be injured his whole career.

Old
02-08-2012, 11:26 PM
LolungoReboundo
LeafsOnLeafsOnLeafs

Wow that Lin kid is on an absolute tear right now, he's carrying that Knicks. Anyone think it's legit or just a random hot streak?

Old
02-08-2012, 11:28 PM
Jaysfanatic*
BJ Elitist/Hipster

Quote:
Originally Posted by LolungoReboundo View Post
Wow that Lin kid is on an absolute tear right now, he's carrying that Knicks. Anyone think it's legit or just a random hot streak?
Random hot streak. Asians can't play basketball.

Old
02-09-2012, 10:53 AM
hdtrax

Quote:
Originally Posted by LolungoReboundo View Post
Thank Jaysfanatic for that hilariously underhanded comment, haha.

As for Lin..

Completely random hot streak. He's being overhyped right now because he's in NYC.

Listen to his post-game interviews, the guy is literally dying of exhaustion he's so tired. My guess is they'll taper his minutes a bit, so they don't overwork him. He's had a crazy year so far having gone back and forth to the D-League, being waived and signed twice. He needs to be slowed before its too late.

I'm not completely buying into the hype, because his overall athletic abilities are lacking. He's a smart player, but nothing more than a depth player getting his chance to play big minutes because of injuries. It'll all become apparent soon enough.

On to another topic..

Is Austin Rivers a one-and-done? Or is he more likely to come back for a sophomore year? I was extremely impressed with his play for Duke last night, hit the clutch shots (obviously the game winner) and was all over the court. Reminded me why I love NCAA basketball.

Old
02-09-2012, 12:42 PM
DirtyDion03
**** Brooklyn

Austin Rivers is something else. Clearly has the killer instinct already and that's exactly something the Raptors have needed for years. We haven't had a game breaker for years. And we haven't had anyone as clutch in any time..

He's a Coach's son and it'd really stick it to Boston if we got Doc Rivers' son.. Great pick this year or next..

And don't forget he's probably playing for one of the best basketball coaches ever.. Who I'm sure will teach him a thing or too.

Old
02-09-2012, 01:52 PM
DirtyDion03
**** Brooklyn

Seen Gary Forbes on Gerry Dee on The Score.

Gerry Dee: "Tell the Raptors fans your strengths."

Gary Forbes: "I can see through people.. Like x-ray vision.."

Gerry Dee: "That seems a bit weird.. but okay.."

Old
02-09-2012, 05:27 PM
91Kadri91

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyDion03 View Post
Austin Rivers is something else. Clearly has the killer instinct already and that's exactly something the Raptors have needed for years. We haven't had a game breaker for years. And we haven't had anyone as clutch in any time..

He's a Coach's son and it'd really stick it to Boston if we got Doc Rivers' son.. Great pick this year or next..

And don't forget he's probably playing for one of the best basketball coaches ever.. Who I'm sure will teach him a thing or too.
Still not a fan.

He's going to be a great scorer, but what else does he offer? Not much, as far as I can see.

Old
02-09-2012, 06:13 PM
The Nemesis
Global Moderator
Semper Tyrannus

Anyone see the latest LeBron drama queen episode?

After that Blake Griffin dunk last week (or whenever it was) LeBron made an attention *******/egotistical tweet that he guesses that he's #2 now in the pantheon of dunkers. Kendrick Perkins (who was the one who got dunked on by Griffin) said that you don't see Kobe or other superstar players making tweets like that when something big happens and are concentrating on winning instead of angling for attentions off of reaction to highlights.

So then LeBron today comes back and whines:

Quote:
"I'm an easy target; if someone wants to get a point across -- just throw LeBron's name in there," James said. "You could be watching cartoons with your kids and you don't like it, you say, 'Blame it on LeBron.' If you go to the grocery store and they don't have the milk that you like, you just say, 'It's LeBron's fault.' "
wow. talk about self-absorbed.

I burned my toast this morning. It's LeBron's fault.

Old
02-09-2012, 07:51 PM
marquee

Quote:
Originally Posted by 91Kadri91 View Post
Still not a fan.

He's going to be a great scorer, but what else does he offer? Not much, as far as I can see.
I believe we have a player with those qualities in bayless. Whether he comes a starter or 6th man we'll see.

Old
02-10-2012, 07:24 AM
DirtyDion03
**** Brooklyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by 91Kadri91 View Post
Still not a fan.

The difference is, he has the killer instinct. It's huge. He'll be nailing game winners in the NBA for the next 10 years.. He'll become a better passer in the NBA because he will have to, and he can still play solid defense. Wouldn't mind picking him if he was going in the draft next year..

Old
02-10-2012, 02:17 PM
Swervin81
Magic Mitch™

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nemesis View Post

After that Blake Griffin dunk last week (or whenever it was) LeBron made an attention *******/egotistical tweet that he guesses that he's #2 now in the pantheon of dunkers. Kendrick Perkins (who was the one who got dunked on by Griffin) said that you don't see Kobe or other superstar players making tweets like that when something big happens and are concentrating on winning instead of angling for attentions off of reaction to highlights.

Who do you think you are, ESPN?

Old
02-10-2012, 02:34 PM
Habsfan18

Interview with BC:

http://www.fan590.com/onair/primetimesports/

Says there is one clear cut number 1 pick in the draft (I'm assuming Anthony Davis) and that there are 5 players or so with star potential and 8-10 players who have the potential to be impact players.

He is still evaluating what exactly we have in Bayless but he has no idea who our future PG is.

And he says DeMar may be better at the 3 position than at the 2.

Still evaluating JJ and Kleiza at the 3 position.

We could have anywhere from 10.5 to 20 million available to use this summer.

Last edited by Habsfan18: 02-10-2012 at 02:52 PM.
Old
02-10-2012, 02:35 PM
Habsfan18

I'm going to make a bold prediction here:

If we some how can land Anthony Davis, I'm going to say that he and Valanciunas have the potential to become the best front court duo in the entire NBA. It would be beautiful to watch.

Old
02-10-2012, 02:51 PM
Nasty Nazem
Come at me Crow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsfan18 View Post
Interview with BC:

http://www.fan590.com/onair/primetimesports/

Says there is one clear cut number 1 pick in the draft (I'm assuming Anthony Davis) and that there are 5 players or so with star potential and 8-10 players who have the potential to be impact players.

He is still evaluating what exactly we have in Bayless but he has no idea who our future PG is.

And he says DeMar may be better at the 3 position than at the 2.

Still evaluating JJ and Kleiza at the 3 position.
I wonder if that means if they would be interested in drafting Lamb who is a 6'5 SG and he is a good shooter that can play defense. If DeMar is at 3, Raps would get a SG that's a true 3 point threat and would fill that hole. The draft is pretty deep though.

But man, if we could somehow win the lottery and land Davis, I would go absolutely nuts. Davis and JV would be a treat to watch.

Old
02-10-2012, 03:48 PM
91Kadri91

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyDion03 View Post
The difference is, he has the killer instinct. It's huge. He'll be nailing game winners in the NBA for the next 10 years.. He'll become a better passer in the NBA because he will have to, and he can still play solid defense. Wouldn't mind picking him if he was going in the draft next year..
Let's compare him to other shooting-guards because, well, that's what Rivers is; a shooting-guard.

Bradley Beal

TRB%- 10.5
AST%- 10.6
PER- 19.8
TS%- .559
ORtg- 111.7
DRtg- 96.3
OWS- 1.6
DWS- 2.0
WS- 3.6
USG%- 22.7

Jeremy Lamb (Freshman Season)

TRB%- 8.7
AST%- 12.3
PER- 20.4
TS%- .568
ORtg- 118.1
DRtg- 100.2
*Win-shares will be naturally be higher as he played more games than either Beal or Rivers currently have, but I'll post them nonetheless*
OWS- 2.4
DWS- 2.5
WS- 4.9
USG%- 20.3

Austin Rivers

TRB%- 5.8
AST%- 12.7
PER- 17.5
TS%- .556
ORtg- 109.7
DRtg- 104.6
OWS- 1.6
DWS- 0.7
WS- 2.3
USG%- 24.9

So what do these stats tell us?

Well, first off, they tell us that Rivers is the worst of the three in almost all the statistical categories presented. His rebounding is atrocious, his assist percentage is fairly good, his PER is much lower than his two competitors, and his TS% is also the lowest of the three. His offensive rating is the worst of the three, as is his defensive rating. His win-share totals, like almost all of the other statistical categories, are the lowest of the three presented. Quite simply, these statistics show that he's the worst offensive and defensive player, when compared to the other two notable shooting-guard prospects in this draft.

He may have a 'killer-instinct', but there's a better chance with Lamb or Beal that the team won't be in the position of having to hit a game winning shot to win the game.

Old
02-10-2012, 05:36 PM
MrLegend28*

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nemesis View Post

..its the truth. Dude switched teams and now hes the most hated player in the NBA. Why? You dont see people mad at Amare/Paul, they did the exact same ****.

Old
02-10-2012, 05:52 PM
The Nemesis
Global Moderator
Semper Tyrannus

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrLegend28 View Post
..its the truth. Dude switched teams and now hes the most hated player in the NBA. Why? You dont see people mad at Amare/Paul, they did the exact same ****.
They also don't whine about it after the fact. I don't care if LeBron wants to tweet about the dunk. What got me was the "waah, everyone's picking on me! it's all 'blame LeBron' for everything! Waaaah!" afterwards.

Not only is that a ridiculous hyperbole, but playing the pariah card will not win you any support. People aren't blaming you for "everything". People are blaming him for the things that are actually his doing. Acting put-upon and undeservedly persecuted just makes him sound like a tool.

And regarding the "he switched teams" bit, it was never about the switch. It was about how. And I have an equal dislike for all of them regarding the how of their relocations.

Old
02-10-2012, 05:55 PM
The Nemesis
Global Moderator
Semper Tyrannus

Also, No Bargs, no Bayless, vs Boston.

Well, we're boned.

Old
02-10-2012, 05:59 PM
Jaysfanatic*
BJ Elitist/Hipster

We once beat Michael Jordan in 1995.

Old
02-10-2012, 06:00 PM
The Nemesis
Global Moderator
Semper Tyrannus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaysfanatic View Post
We once beat Michael Jordan in 1995.
We didn't have Rasual Butler on that roster.

Closed Thread