HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Notices

v17| Lol Rasual Butler

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-10-2012, 08:39 PM
  #876
Jaysfanatic*
BJ Elitist/Hipster
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Strathroy, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 62,898
vCash: 500
We would have beat them 120-73 with Bargnani and Bayless in the line up! Excelsior!

Jaysfanatic* is offline  
Old
02-11-2012, 02:04 AM
  #877
LolungoReboundo
LeafsOnLeafsOnLeafs
 
LolungoReboundo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Brampton
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,284
vCash: 500
What a game was there Raps were a step ahead the whole night. Demar has some amazing tools his issue is with his consistency, if he fixes that up which I'm sure he will because he's young he'll be a dominant Raptor.

On another note it seems Lin went point for point with Kobe today wtf?

LolungoReboundo is offline  
Old
02-11-2012, 02:51 AM
  #878
Giuseppe Sallo
ELE-VAT-ED
 
Giuseppe Sallo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Oakville, Ontario.
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,517
vCash: 500
LINSANITY!

Amazing story...

Giuseppe Sallo is offline  
Old
02-11-2012, 10:27 AM
  #879
91Kadri91
Registered User
 
91Kadri91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 3,193
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaysfanatic View Post
Remember when we acquired James Johnson? I was the only one who liked it.

Oh, and on Twitter tonight:

The biggest surprise in Jeremy Lin's skill set is his ability to drive well.
I didn't post much in this thread last year, but I honestly don't see how anyone could dislike it.

On other forums there were a few that were upset, but most were fairly happy or neutral, considering all we gave up to acquire him was a very late first-round pick in a very weak draft.

91Kadri91 is offline  
Old
02-11-2012, 11:01 AM
  #880
Jaysfanatic*
BJ Elitist/Hipster
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Strathroy, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 62,898
vCash: 500
The only reason I want Lin to fail is because he's with the Knicks. As if those ********** in NY who call themselves sports fans should receive a reason to cheer in addition to the Giants, the Yankees, and the Rangers doing well as well. ****ing hell, it drives me insane. I hate that city's sport fan base.

Jaysfanatic* is offline  
Old
02-11-2012, 11:20 AM
  #881
marquee
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 767
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 91Kadri91 View Post
I didn't post much in this thread last year, but I honestly don't see how anyone could dislike it.

On other forums there were a few that were upset, but most were fairly happy or neutral, considering all we gave up to acquire him was a very late first-round pick in a very weak draft.
Most of the fan base doesnt really watch college ball or other teams. There's no reaon to be upset about trading basically an early 2nd round pick for a talent such as JJ.

Wasnt impressed with what i saw from demar tonight. He had his J going but still didnt rebound or do anything else but score. I dunno i just didnt see much upside..hsi jumper has to fall for him to play anything like this.

marquee is offline  
Old
02-11-2012, 11:36 AM
  #882
91Kadri91
Registered User
 
91Kadri91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 3,193
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by marquee View Post
Most of the fan base doesnt really watch college ball or other teams. There's no reaon to be upset about trading basically an early 2nd round pick for a talent such as JJ.

Wasnt impressed with what i saw from demar tonight. He had his J going but still didnt rebound or do anything else but score. I dunno i just didnt see much upside..hsi jumper has to fall for him to play anything like this.
I agree with you on the Johnson part of your post (which was basically just reiterating what I said), but I disagree with you on DeMar.

I agree that DeMar needs to do more, on a consistent basis, if he wants to be the starting two-guard of the future, but tonight he was driving the ball, shooting his jumper well, and finding his teammates. He does need to rebound the ball more, without a doubt, but I thought he played pretty well tonight.

Edit: I should note that although most Raptor fans are those who strictly follow the Raptors, those fans aren't usually the ones who post on forums/message boards. Those who post on forums and message boards are often those who are far more interested in the subject.

91Kadri91 is offline  
Old
02-11-2012, 12:48 PM
  #883
Hyperglide
Registered User
 
Hyperglide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Ontario, Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,900
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaysfanatic View Post
The only reason I want Lin to fail is because he's with the Knicks. As if those ********** in NY who call themselves sports fans should receive a reason to cheer in addition to the Giants, the Yankees, and the Rangers doing well as well. ****ing hell, it drives me insane. I hate that city's sport fan base.
This might grind your gears but Boston says 'hai!!' **** the Patriots, Bruins, Celtics and Red Sox.

Hyperglide is offline  
Old
02-11-2012, 12:53 PM
  #884
Jaysfanatic*
BJ Elitist/Hipster
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Strathroy, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 62,898
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyperglide View Post
This might grind your gears but Boston says 'hai!!' **** the Patriots, Bruins, Celtics and Red Sox.
Dislike Boston sports fans just as much. Just ****ing grating these past 10 years or so. At least the Celts are on a decline and the Pats, well, they could go either way sooner than later.

Jaysfanatic* is offline  
Old
02-11-2012, 01:12 PM
  #885
Prophet Kadri
Registered User
 
Prophet Kadri's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,586
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaysfanatic View Post
Dislike Boston sports fans just as much. Just ****ing grating these past 10 years or so. At least the Celts are on a decline and the Pats, well, they could go either way sooner than later.
The Celts have 3 aging superstars. That quote about coaching them being the hardest thing do as a coach? Imagine that x3.

And then there's Rondo, he can't take a jump shot(or shoot in general) to save his life and Celts fans are ready to ship him out. Although he's not the problem. Danny Ainge and Doc Rivers have some work cut out for them.

Prophet Kadri is offline  
Old
02-11-2012, 04:03 PM
  #886
The Nemesis
Global Moderator
Semper Tyrannus
 
The Nemesis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Langley, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 46,665
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaysfanatic View Post
Remember when we acquired James Johnson? I was the only one who liked it.

Oh, and on Twitter tonight:

The biggest surprise in Jeremy Lin's skill set is his ability to drive well.
I can't recall my exact stance, but I was at worst neutral toward the move. There really was no downside to it.

__________________

"Do you know what "nemesis" means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent."

Sorry, I am not taking signature requests at this time.
The Nemesis is offline  
Old
02-11-2012, 04:10 PM
  #887
Jaysfanatic*
BJ Elitist/Hipster
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Strathroy, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 62,898
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nemesis View Post
I can't recall my exact stance, but I was at worst neutral toward the move. There really was no downside to it.
I think you said the same thing you said about Bautista.

Jaysfanatic* is offline  
Old
02-11-2012, 04:46 PM
  #888
The Nemesis
Global Moderator
Semper Tyrannus
 
The Nemesis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Langley, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 46,665
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaysfanatic View Post
I think you said the same thing you said about Bautista.
Well, in my defence, it may very well be true about Johnson. I've never seen him swing a bat.

The Nemesis is offline  
Old
02-11-2012, 04:55 PM
  #889
Jaysfanatic*
BJ Elitist/Hipster
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Strathroy, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 62,898
vCash: 500
Its marvelous

Jaysfanatic* is offline  
Old
02-11-2012, 05:22 PM
  #890
Nasty Nazem
The North Remembers
 
Nasty Nazem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: In my house... duh!
Country: Canada
Posts: 25,854
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaysfanatic View Post
Remember when we acquired James Johnson? I was the only one who liked it.

Oh, and on Twitter tonight:

The biggest surprise in Jeremy Lin's skill set is his ability to drive well.
If I remember correctly, I didn't like the move at all because the draft at that time didn't look too bad because I didn't think so many people would go back to College and Johnson hadn't done anything with Chicago but I guess his playing time was a big factor of that.

I've been very impressed with him since he's come here. Brings some versatility, defense, passes well and can finish around the rim. He's kind of like Lamar Odom.

Nasty Nazem is offline  
Old
02-12-2012, 01:33 AM
  #891
Giuseppe Sallo
ELE-VAT-ED
 
Giuseppe Sallo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Oakville, Ontario.
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,517
vCash: 500
Where did this kid come from? There is something they're not telling us... how can this kid be this good?

Giuseppe Sallo is offline  
Old
02-12-2012, 01:09 PM
  #892
Nasty Nazem
The North Remembers
 
Nasty Nazem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: In my house... duh!
Country: Canada
Posts: 25,854
vCash: 500
Wow James Johnson.

Nasty Nazem is offline  
Old
02-12-2012, 01:20 PM
  #893
Habsfan18
Global Moderator
The Future
 
Habsfan18's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,094
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nasty Nazem View Post
Wow James Johnson.
He definitely shows flashes on offense. I just wish we would see more of it.

__________________
Interested in checking out 50+ years worth of covers from "The Hockey News?" Check out my collection here: http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1382901
Habsfan18 is offline  
Old
02-12-2012, 01:32 PM
  #894
The Nemesis
Global Moderator
Semper Tyrannus
 
The Nemesis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Langley, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 46,665
vCash: 500
DeMar has 3 points? I know he's got Kobe defending him, but that's just awful.

EDIT: He's being outscored by Magloire. Jamaal freaking Magloire!

The Nemesis is offline  
Old
02-12-2012, 01:32 PM
  #895
Nasty Nazem
The North Remembers
 
Nasty Nazem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: In my house... duh!
Country: Canada
Posts: 25,854
vCash: 500
Oh come on man. Kobe getting some favorable calls.

Awful call on Johnson. That was just good defense.

Nasty Nazem is offline  
Old
02-12-2012, 01:34 PM
  #896
Nasty Nazem
The North Remembers
 
Nasty Nazem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: In my house... duh!
Country: Canada
Posts: 25,854
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nemesis View Post
DeMar has 3 points? I know he's got Kobe defending him, but that's just awful.
He's taken it to the rim a few times, hasn't gotten the call and had them rim just out. It's too bad because if he makes a few of those, you could call it a good game. At least he is making a few passes and creating for others.

Nasty Nazem is offline  
Old
02-12-2012, 01:36 PM
  #897
Nasty Nazem
The North Remembers
 
Nasty Nazem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: In my house... duh!
Country: Canada
Posts: 25,854
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsfan18 View Post
He definitely shows flashes on offense. I just wish we would see more of it.
I think he's done a great job offensively since being a full time starter. The shot could still use improvement but I don't want him to improve too much where he just starts jacking up shots like Weems. I like how much he attacks the rim and plays in the post.

Nasty Nazem is offline  
Old
02-12-2012, 01:37 PM
  #898
Hanta Yo
Bag it up
 
Hanta Yo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,087
vCash: 500
Nice shot Magloire.

Hanta Yo is offline  
Old
02-12-2012, 01:38 PM
  #899
Nasty Nazem
The North Remembers
 
Nasty Nazem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: In my house... duh!
Country: Canada
Posts: 25,854
vCash: 500
No call on DeMar but he took it right at Gasol.

Nasty Nazem is offline  
Old
02-12-2012, 01:50 PM
  #900
Nasty Nazem
The North Remembers
 
Nasty Nazem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: In my house... duh!
Country: Canada
Posts: 25,854
vCash: 500
Love how aggressive Jose is today. I have no idea why he doesn't try to score more often because he can if he wants to.

Nasty Nazem is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:11 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.