HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

"Fire Arniel" Thread Part II

Closed Thread

Old
01-03-2012, 08:32 AM
ClevelandJacketFan
Awesome Mascots!

vCash: 500
"Fire Arniel" Thread Part II

Arniel is still the Head Coach.

Pathetic...

Old
01-03-2012, 08:45 AM
blahblah

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClevelandJacketFan View Post

Pathetic...
Only in Columbus could Arniel be the Teflon Man. Hey, let's be unprofessional and unknowledgeable, while keeping our job!!!

We could have an actual mental breakdown by a head coach on "national" television here soon. The dude is losing it more and more as the season goes on.

Old
01-03-2012, 09:50 AM
pete goegan
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by jktsfan View Post
And on a slightly different subject, if I see another "Fail for Nail" I am going to ****ing scream. Any moron professing this forgets that the CBJ takes good players and allows them to become **** right in front of our eyes. So lose the pipe dream that some magical, player is going to turn this boat around single-handedly.
I'm not a fan of failing for any perceived advantage, whatsoever. I don't think, however, that many truly feel this kid is the answer to ALL our problems. No question that the injection of top end talent is desperately needed, here, and Yakopov is said to be deserving of that ranking. In fact, any of the currently listed top three would be good to have, wether they are on the roster immediately or several years down the road. I have a hard time believing, at this point, that the Jackets can move below the third pick, no matter what changes might be made. The hole is too deep.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blahblah View Post
Only in Columbus could Arniel be the Teflon Man. Hey, let's be unprofessional and unknowledgeable, while keeping our job!!!

We could have an actual mental breakdown by a head coach on "national" television here soon. The dude is losing it more and more as the season goes on.
I sympathize with his frustration; but, though not solely of his own doing, he has contributed more than his share to this disaster.

Old
01-03-2012, 09:57 AM
mt-svk
CBJ/OTT fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClevelandJacketFan View Post

Pathetic...
I am suprised it too. It is not about his qualites but a new impuls for a team. Carlyle isnt a bad coach, Queneville wasnt a bad coach, similar Julien in the past.

I am suprised that any player didnt trade too. We will play in Thursday... I hope that I will see a trade untill tomorrow.

Old
01-03-2012, 10:09 AM
blahblah

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete goegan View Post
I have a hard time believing, at this point, that the Jackets can move below the third pick, no matter what changes might be made. The hole is too deep.
January is a brutal month on the schedule. Feb is a little better, but we have to wait for March to a get an "easy" portion of the schedule. There might not be a shred of confidence left with this team by Jan 31.

We really could be looking at a 60-65 points season. We might finish worse than Edmonton did last year. Could we really finish in the 50's?

Wow.

Old
01-03-2012, 10:32 AM
EDM

Actually, my biggest concern is how is Anaheim doing it? I mean, keeping up with us in the loss column. We have been sucking and losing, sucking and losing, but still can't gain any ground on Anaheim? How are they doing it? What level of suck have they found that we don't know about?
This is a matter of grave concern. We are into serious sucking and Anaheim is keeping up with us.

Old
01-03-2012, 10:37 AM
mt-svk
CBJ/OTT fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDM View Post
Actually, my biggest concern is how is Anaheim doing it? I mean, keeping up with us in the loss column. We have been sucking and losing, sucking and losing, but still can't gain any ground on Anaheim? How are they doing it? What level of suck have they found that we don't know about?
This is a matter of grave concern. We are into serious sucking and Anaheim is keeping up with us.
it is something bad in Denmark state when fans care so that another team wouldnt play worse but better.

Old
01-03-2012, 10:49 AM
pete goegan
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by mt-svk View Post
it is something bad in Denmark state when fans care so that another team wouldnt play worse but better.
You're right, something is rotten in Denmark, and it smells like hockey in Columbus.

Old
01-03-2012, 11:25 AM
EDM

Oh Petey, where is that old optimistic, "can do", spirit of yours?

Old
01-03-2012, 11:38 AM
ThisIsMyAlibi
Howson = Herminated

Baldwin = Patrick.

Lemmon = Arniel.

Harris = Howson.

Mitch and Murray = McConnell.

Spacey = Priest.

"leads" = players.

Old
01-03-2012, 11:49 AM
CBJCountryClub

Come on everybody. Enough already.

This incessant negativity is not helping. Arneil is trying as hard as he can, and the pressure from the media and the fans has him about ready to crack. Umberger said in the paper this morning that the team is petrified regarding possible trades.

The fanbase is choking off the jackets to the point of suffocation. The constant pressure to win...I mean people come on!! With the plague of injuries we have had, and the brutal schedule....no team could be successful given these circumstances. Like Howson has said, the fans just need to learn to be a little more patient!!

Old
01-03-2012, 11:50 AM
blahblah

Quote:
I could, honestly, care less what any other team but Columbus is doing. I'm never going to hang on the edge of my seat for the number 1 pick this early in the season.

Talk to me again in late March.

Old
01-03-2012, 11:51 AM
CBJCountryClub

My only hope comes from the ACA. The ACA brothers stand tall and cheer- no matter what. They set an example and a standard that ALL fans should follow.

#calltoarms

Old
01-03-2012, 11:53 AM
blahblah

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBJCountryClub View Post
Come on everybody. Enough already.

This incessant negativity is not helping. Arneil is trying as hard as he can, and the pressure from the media and the fans has him about ready to crack. Umberger said in the paper this morning that the team is petrified regarding possible trades.

The fanbase is choking off the jackets to the point of suffocation. The constant pressure to win...I mean people come on!! With the plague of injuries we have had, and the brutal schedule....no team could be successful given these circumstances. Like Howson has said, the fans just need to learn to be a little more patient!!

As if the players have any idea what is posted on these boards. I highly doubt the Scott's know either.

And if any of them are impacted by the postings around here they don't deserve their job(s).

Get real....

Oh, Arniel is trying as hard as he can? Oh the poor baby. Must be a rough life.

Old
01-03-2012, 11:55 AM
CBJCountryClub

Unbelievable. Just unbelievable.

Old
01-03-2012, 11:58 AM
1857 Howitzer
******* Linesman

Quote:
My only hope comes from the ACA. The ACA brothers stand tall and cheer- no matter what. They set an example and a standard that ALL fans should follow.

#calltoarms
All 6 of them? At first I hated these post but now they are just flat out funny.

Old
01-03-2012, 12:06 PM
CBJCountryClub

Blahblah if you hate the CBJ do much why don't you just go become a red wings fan? They win a lot.

Old
01-03-2012, 12:08 PM
KeithBWhittington
Going North

Arniel won't be getting an extension. I ain't even worried about that, no team in their right minds would go into next season with the status quo, they'd be barbequed and lambasted as cut rate and jokes by every major media outlet, including their own Minority Owner's (wolfe's) paper. The only realistic reason he remains here (even if ownership, the president and the soon to be Ex-GM won't say) is to stay in the hunt for the top overall pick and that no coaching change, however miraculous, is going to get anything better this season than we are already on track for. Whatever moves Howson is looking at making in the lockerroom, I will guarentee you it will not be nearly enough to constitute a successful shakeup of the foundations. Moving some of these guys would be the same as firing Arniel, by admitting failure, but it will be a lot harder to move those contracts and like it or not, I believe there are some guys that Howson will not part with.... ever, even if his job depended on it.

Howson signed his own pink slip this offseason and he's assured at taking Arniel with him, he gambled and it looks like it failed.

We may need to wait another few months, but rest assured, I'd all but wager my 401k that this will be the end for this regime....

Old
01-03-2012, 12:12 PM
CBJCountryClub

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeithBWhittington View Post
Arniel won't be getting an extension. I ain't even worried about that, no team in their right minds would go into next season with the status quo, they'd be barbequed and lambasted as cut rate and jokes by every major media outlet, including their own Minority Owner's (wolfe's) paper. The only realistic reason he remains here (even if ownership, the president and the soon to be Ex-GM won't say) is to stay in the hunt for the top overall pick and that no coaching change, however miraculous, is going to get anything better this season than we are already on track for. Whatever moves Howson is looking at making in the lockerroom, I will guarentee you it will not be nearly enough to constitute a successful shakeup of the foundations.

Howson signed his own pink slip this offseason and he's assured at taking Arniel with him, he gambled and it looks like it failed.

We may need to wait another few months, but rest assured, I'd all but wager my 401k that this will be the end for this regime....
I disagree. Priest and McConnell believe in the Scotts, and so do I. Howson and Arniel are not going anywhere.

Old
01-03-2012, 12:14 PM
IBleedUnionBlue

vCash: 14216
Quote:
Off Topic but have you seen Getzlaf play this season? Dude looks like he has tossed in the towel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1857 Howitzer View Post
All 6 of them? At first I hated these post but now they are just flat out funny.
I looked over for amusement the other night and counted 7. And I was sitting in section 201 with my son, and I never heard them chanting squat.

Old
01-03-2012, 12:16 PM
Matt Foley
No Pur filter....

Quote:
I disagree. Priest and McConnell believe in the Scotts, and so do I. Howson and Arniel are not going anywhere.
Do you really believe what you are saying?

You can blow sunshine up our ***** all you want, but it doesn't change the fact that our team is the worst in the league with little or no hope for improvement with the current regime in charge.

Last edited by Matt Foley: 01-03-2012 at 12:24 PM.
Old
01-03-2012, 12:18 PM
blahblah

Quote:
Blahblah if you hate the CBJ do much why don't you just go become a red wings fan? They win a lot.
Your assumption that because I am critical of the Jackets organization and their effort on the ice most nights, I hate the Jackets or I am a fair weather fan is a poor one.

You probably missed the exchange(s) when I was on the GDT's for Dallas and Calgary explaining I was happy with their compete level.

Your attempt was pathetic honestly.

However, thinking that we can continue on in this direction and expect things to improve dramatically is probably going to leave most everyone greatly disappointed, upset, and cranky.

Changes need to be made, starting with Arniel, Priest, and Howson.

Old
01-03-2012, 12:22 PM
blahblah

Quote:
You are probably correct on all accounts. Sadly. I know you were correct on most of that around two months back. I don't know if that opinion has changed.

However, changes are coming and your statement may not be true for long into the off season.

What's funny is that I have far more faith in Howson than I do Arniel. Most of us know how much I despise Howson. Arniel (and Howson as well) probably has no clue how much he has damaged his relationship with some of the players.

Old
01-03-2012, 12:33 PM
pete goegan
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Oh Petey, where is that old optimistic, "can do", spirit of yours?
You can smell that burning in Denmark, too.

I am, by nature, optimistic; but I'm neither deranged, nor stupid, I can adjust to changing circumstances. Only half-witted pols have no defense for the charge of flip-flopping, and only religious fanatics are unable to alter thir opinions to reflect reality.

Edit: after reading the above posts, I'm forced to edit my own:"...only religious fanatics and CBJCountryClub are unable..."

Last edited by pete goegan: 01-03-2012 at 12:39 PM.
Old
01-03-2012, 12:42 PM
mt-svk
CBJ/OTT fan

Lets go bet.... whats happen untill Thurday game?

Closed Thread